New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: I Know Your Damn Words! [IC, Group #1]

Intention noted.

Anyone else to look around? or, close the door and move north?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not quite sure where everything is in relation to each other so before stating where I am going I will specify that I am not intending to get any closer to the armed guards.

Bangs moves to the door 10' in the north and listens at it for the presence of others.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume will attempt to keep his flock together, very much like shepherd. He will try to not let anyone stray to far from the group. That is his primary focus and keeping an eye out for danger.
    "Let's stay together everyone. Keep it moving. Bjorn, don't stray too far ahead. Where's our trap expert? Let him check doors and new rooms first. And we're walking.."

4. - Top - End - #244

Spoiler: Bangs
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post
    Bangs moves to the door 10' in the north and listens at it for the presence of others.
    Ninja'd by Bjorn. You won't see the next doors until Akbar's light shows that there are doors on the east wall (same side you came in) much farther north. However, I will assume this is a desire for forward progress to the next door (see below).

Assuming Bangs holds the southernmost position (right at the door, so nobody go south/ in front of him or risk getting shot), I am going to assume that people fill north a little into the hallway. 25' to the north from the door you came in, there is a door on the east wall (the same side you just came in). Another door is 10' past that (though Akbar's light is dim at that point). The hallway continues north into the darkness, outside of even darkvision.

Ben takes Bangs place as the southernmost party member before the guards, and Bangs heads up the hall and listens at the door (and hears nothing).

Do people want to check out the furnace room or close that door, and/ or head north to the two doors (10' apart) 25' to the north on the eastern wall?

This whole time, the guards and the captain's eyes are getting wider as they are seeing how large a group this is. "Steady, men, steady."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-12-05 at 07:39 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Aliendrei will check the furnace room, preferably with backing.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

6. - Top - End - #246

Who wants to check out the cramped furnace room with Al? Akbar ... hold the light or hand it off to someone?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-12-06 at 03:22 AM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

If no one else steps up, Björn will backtrack to work with Al.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

8. - Top - End - #248

A light is still needed ....
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar offers his glowing pebble to whoever wants it. He can actually see quite well in the dark, now that he thinks about it...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn will take the glowy rock and use it to shine from behind Al to look around the room.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Zoo focuses for a moment before the green light envelopes him again. What steps out is quite different from before but still canine.

A squat bloodhound-looking dog with large human eyes begins to follow Aliendrei, sniffing the ground furiously.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Using a move action to shapeshift: Animalistic transformation with Size change: small and 60ft darkvision from the list Blank form can grant.

So, 40ft land speed, scent, 1d4 bite attack, small size, and 60ft darkvision. +2 Dex, -2 Str, +2 natural armor, +1 size bonus to attack rolls and AC, and +4 to stealth checks.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Min Gud... How do you do that? Does it hurt?" asks Björn with a shiver as he watches the transformation.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

The Zoo-dog looks at Bjorn gives a short bark like a man clearing his throat, flops it's long ears and returns to sniffing.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

"Incredible. That is just incredible," Mack utters softly. He and Ouro move with the larger group.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

15. - Top - End - #255

Spoiler: Zoo
    Show
    The only thing to add about what just happened is that Zoo does suffer considerable pain from the transformation. He always feels pain with his magic ... "painful magic," but "considerable pain" is when it actually affects him. I rolled for the Fort save that you had forgotten (and subsequently failed).

Mack utters his words softly, but it is too soft to hear as a loud shout comes from the Captain. "GRAY!!!"

Begin Round One ...

R1T23:
    Akbar (only), what do you do? It is 25' to one of the guards, 10' to either door (to the courtyard or the furnace room).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-12-06 at 05:42 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar looks over to the commander...

"We're not Grays. We're just people like you, stuck in here trying to make the best of a bad situation."

He says this like he really means it. But just in case it doesn't take, he steps into the cover of the courtyard doorway...

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Charm Person on Captain (or closest guard if he's not in range).
    Last edited by Swami Monsoon; 2016-12-07 at 12:41 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257

R1T23: Akbar looks over to the commander. "We're not Grays. We're just people like you, stuck in here trying to make the best of a bad situation."

He says this like he really means it. But just in case it doesn't take, he steps over to the courtyard door and opens it. He is not yet "in" the doorway.
    Spoiler: Swami Monsoon
    Show
    SA was to charm person. FA to make a 5' step. MA to open the door. No more actions to take cover in the doorway.

Also, you do not yet know the result of your charm person.

R1T22: Björn, you are just inside the furnace room with one hand holding a light-rock. Aliendrei and his fennec are in front of you in the room. You looked back when you saw green lights and saw the Zoo-shift and heard the guards. What do you do?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

As Björn looks at Zoo and then to the guards, and back at Zoo again, you can almost see the thought process begin in his eyes... He is momentarily stunned into inaction as he ponders the situation...

19. - Top - End - #259

Mack, you are 25' from the barricade. What do you do. (NOT Ourolini's turn.)
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Mack makes a point of putting combatants between himself and hostiles, then finding cover to duck behind.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

21. - Top - End - #261

R1T22: Mack makes a point of putting combatants between himself and hostiles, then finding cover to duck behind. To best accomplish this, he pushes into the furnace room just past Björn & Al.

R1T20: Ben stands there and his form shifts. Soon, you see multiple versions of him spinning around himself and melding and splitting again. It's like everyone suddenly got drunk and there are multiple Ben's all standing in the same relative spot, but not so you can get a good bead on him. Al, Björn, and Mack don't see this (they are in the furnace room).

R1T19: The Captain shoots Zoo right in the rear haunches for 12 with his light crossbow, a function of superior accuracy! Zoo, still sporting a wound from previous, drops and instantly shifts back into his normal darker-skinned human form, unconscious and bleeding. This happens right outside the furnace room, so those guys do see this (not who shot). The Captain reloads his crossbow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zoo was down to 8 hit points from previous wounds. Also, because spending a spell point was not specified, it is assumed that he was going to use a MA each round to concentrate. He can't concentrate, so ...

R1T18: Ourolini (srgonzo), what do you do? No, Ourolini's form is not designed to stabilize dying people.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I intended for Zoo to use concentration so no argument from me on the results (I'll be clearer in the future should he survive). I however did not intend on him getting shot in the butt. That's an unexpected bonus.

23. - Top - End - #263

R1T18: Ourolini goes into the furnace room, following her master.

R1T15: Bangs, what do you do?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

"HOLD YOUR FIRE!" Bangs yells as he moves towards Zoo, and begins administering his wounds, "Look, he's already back to his normal form, just cause he is a crazy loon that can't decide if he is a dog or a man doesn't mean you should kill him!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to be next to Zoo and provide cover to him if they try to finish him off, standard action to attempt and stabilize him, free action to talk to the guards and begin diplomacy (or attempt to).

25. - Top - End - #265

R1T15: "HOLD YOUR FIRE!" Bangs yells as he moves towards Zoo, and begins administering his wounds and shielding him. "Look, he's already back to his normal form, just cause he is a crazy loon that can't decide if he is a dog or a man doesn't mean you should kill him!"

Bangs successfully stabilizes Zoo.

R1T14: Brother Jaume, what do you do?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume will grab Zoo and drag him into the boiler room.

27. - Top - End - #267

R1T14: Brother Jaume grabs Zoo, hefting the man over his shoulder, and carries him into the boiler room.

"Did you kill any Grays before?" presses Ben to the guards. "We did, and when they fall from their wounds don't they turn back into their waxy, faceless gray form?"

The three guards seem trained on Ben now, but don't fire, delaying for something. "Captain ...?" asks one. "What do we do?"

R1T3: Aliendrei, you and your fennec may now act (finally). What do you do?

Akbar on deck, Björn in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Looking toward the guards, Aliendrei adds :

"And would a Grey have taken a form so grotesque? Seriously?"

Whispering at Paneale, he adds.

"And you stay close for now, they better don't take you for whatever monster lurks here."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

29. - Top - End - #269

R1T3: Aliendrei heads back out into the hallway, and looking towards the guards he adds, "And would a Grey have taken a form so grotesque? Seriously?"

Whispering at Paneale, "And you stay close for now, they better don't take you for whatever monster lurks here."

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T23:
    Akbar, you are holding open the door to the courtyard, but you haven't gone out into it yet. What do you do?

Björn on deck, Mack in the hole (any of you may post) ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-12-11 at 10:24 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar steps into the doorway just far enough to shield himself. He peeks back out and shouts at the barricade...

"We are NOT GRAYS. If you guys stop shooting and wait just a couple of minutes, we can go downstairs and fetch the body... or at least the head... of the one we killed, if you want some kind of proof."