New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: In Search of Sanity [IC, Group #2]

After a second, Haru will light himself up to serve as a light source alongside the other.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haru will activate Glow on himself. As time goes on, he will reactivate it at any time it wears off, except in combat, of course.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

His skygazing interrupted by the glowing man, '601' pulls his head out of the clouds and re-joins the group. "Without stars, I have no idea where we are or what patterns we walk under. W-" He clears his throat. "Why are you lit from within?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Broken lanterns and several battered doors line this cold, rubble-strewn hall. To the south, a pair of swinging doors lies shattered upon a 4-foot-high heap of wrecked furniture clogging a broad door frame. To the north, the dark hallway continues past your light.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Eric points to the piled debris and detritus. "Big doors seem likely to point to an exit, or at least a main room that would have access to an exit. Should we clear them and try that way?"

5. - Top - End - #155

Okay, so ... who are our two strapping fellows who will be carrying the unconscious man around? Flair is mucking with a light source. Jacqui is more focused on keeping control of Bishop. Haru and Zarinda aren't very strong (neither is Flair, anyway). Since she doesn't carry any weapons and is a brute, I recommend Knuckles take one side. Will 601 take the other?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

The ashen-faced man moves to help shift the furniture but, when he first touches an upturned chair, stands bolt upright and turns around. When he speaks, it's a lecture academic. "I'd not be so quick, furniture doesn't often stack itself. It looks to me like those doors were shut in haste and panic - whether by those bodies or whomever dumped them I'm not sure. Regardless, I don't know that we want to rush to see what they were running from." In his head, a mighty STOP! still echoes.

The bird never came near the pile.

Seeing the scarred-knuckle woman struggling under the weight of the tortured man, the 601st Patient drops his professorial air and moves to help.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Those people who were running away were also the ones who imprisoned us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Zarinda moves to help unpile the furniture.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Those people who were running away were also the ones who imprisoned us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Zarinda moves to help unpile the furniture.
    "Or at least my enemy's enemy. Its not definite, but its worth looking at. Besides, our captor did not seem particularly concerned with escaping, so the threat is presumably not pressing. Anything that dangerous could have broken through in whatever time has passed since this happened I would guess. Leaving a hasty barricade like this is sloppy, but our captor did not seem...stable." Eric helps unmake the barricade.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    "Or at least my enemy's enemy. Its not definite, but its worth looking at. Besides, our captor did not seem particularly concerned with escaping, so the threat is presumably not pressing. Anything that dangerous could have broken through in whatever time has passed since this happened I would guess. Leaving a hasty barricade like this is sloppy, but our captor did not seem...stable." Eric helps unmake the barricade.

"There is another option. We could have been the ones who built this barricade - undoing our own work would be truly poetic irony."
    Last edited by pfm1995; 2016-11-14 at 12:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

As you are having your committee, you happen to notice movement in the dim light by the 3-foot-high barricade of junk to the south (what you intended to dismantle). You hear a man shout, "Whoa, there! We got more here!"

There in the shadowy light provided by the heroes, you notice three men with crossbows training their weapons on you.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Zarinda drops whatever piece of furniture is currently in hand and draws her bow instead. I would advise forgetting that you saw us, unless you feel like becoming a pincushion
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

"Whoa, whoa whoa!", Flair says, his free hand held up palm toward them. "Calm down with the crossbows! What's going on?"
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

13. - Top - End - #163

The three men train their crossbows on Zarinda (which actually might have been her plan), but don't respond to Flair, seemingly waiting for something.

Do you allow a round or two of tension, or does someone try to force a response?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking up and seeing the sudden raise in tension, the ashen-faced man shifts his weight slightly, then stays very still. His mind, though, slowly morphs and settles around a weighty set. His scimitar grows heavy by his side.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Settling into Aura of Misfortune and casting Lead Blades on myself. As I'm a psychic caster, there are no verbal or somatic components.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

I wont repeat myself a third time, I would advise you forgot that you saw us.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

16. - Top - End - #166

These guys are in padded armor and have truncheons at their side. Another guy, broader than the others, comes up to them from their back ranks (your torch doesn't show from where). This guy is in leather armor and likewise has a loaded light crossbow in hand. Seeing that (only one) of this group of people has a weapon out and pointed towards his men, he returns in kind - and he, too, is now aiming at Zarinda. "We'll have no bloody Grays seeking sanctuary in the chapel with us, only to carve us when we sleep. Go back to your own kind, or you'll be seeing the Lady of the Graves in the Boneyard soon enough."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Your words mean nothing to me, we are only seeking to leave this place. Through this door if necessary.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #168

Post Re: In Search of Sanity [IC, Group #2]

"The door right by us is ours, but the one just behind where you came in ... any place beyond ... that's for you and your Gray friends to fight over with the Tribals, though that's just the furnace room. You try to force your way to the good people in my care and we will end you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Remember I said there were two doors on the opposite side of the hall (which is 10' wide) from where you came in. The door he refers to is the one closer to them, and in fact is really only about 5' from the barricade (10' from the men). The other door is 15' north of that door (5' north of the point where you came in). Of course, the hallway continues north into the darkness beyond that.

Spoiler: Flair
    Show
    These guys are scared, terrified ... but they are more cornered-animal scared, not run-away scared. This means that out of fear it won't take much for them to start shooting. And a glowing man in your party probably only heightens that fear.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

"Very well, we'll take the other door.", Flair says diplomatically. He then whispers in Zarinda's ear "Let's see if we can go around before we smash our way through, eh?" He then heads away from them to the other door.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Picking up the tortured man under one arm, the unnamed patient follows the others - his eyes scanning the darkness with strange accuracy.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Zarinda does not lower her bow, but follows the rest of the group, keeping an eye on the opposition if they start something
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Knuckles moves to help the unnamed patient, taking the unconscious man's legs, her eyes flicking from point to point across the men with Crossbows. After a moment, she looks away and over at Zarinda, frowning a little, but otherwise silent.

23. - Top - End - #173

"No," said Jacqui, "this isn't right. We have wounded. Are we going to cart him everywhere? He already mentioned 'the good people in my care' ... does that sound like some type of warlord?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

"No, they're too scared to risk it." Flair said. "Whatever that thing pretending to be a doctor down there was, it clearly can change form. They're terrified that we are one of them and are going to kill them in their sleep. There's no way that they'd help this guy, they're too panicked to take that chance."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

"Whatever, we can go the other way. Nothing here makes any sense anyway, may as well follow the path that doesn't get us shot."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by pfm1995 View Post
    His skygazing interrupted by the glowing man, '601' pulls his head out of the clouds and re-joins the group. "Without stars, I have no idea where we are or what patterns we walk under. W-" He clears his throat. "Why are you lit from within?"
    In response to this question, Haru addresses the man with no name. "I'm unsure of what it is, but it is a power I am able to bestow upon myself. I first used it back in the cells, following a memory from a dream."

Before the group leaves, Haru says his piece to the men on the far side of the barricade. "You're welcome to not trust us, but if you truly wished to be safe, you'd do well to improve this barricade. Whatever these 'Grays' are, they seem to be weirder than we are, and I walked right out of a prison cell. This would probably be child's play." With that said, he moves after the rest of the group, allowing the strangers to mull over his words.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember, for better or worse, Haru is the humanoid giving off light like a torch, for what it says to the scared folks.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Backing away, the man with no name moves with Flair to the next door - then promptly waits for someone else to open it, as his hands are a bit occupied.

28. - Top - End - #178

Twenty-five feet down the hallway from the furnace room door is another door, but on the side of the hall where you came in from the courtyard ... and another door on the same side 10' down the hall from that. There's a lot of rubble in the hall up this way.

Jacqui, as long as people clear a way for her to jump back, will open the door and pop back. This appears to be a store room. The room reeks of chlorine and is heaped with fallen shelves and broken containers. The room is 10' x 10', and with everything in it in shambles only about two characters can go in here at once. What do you do?
    Spoiler: Flair, Knuckles
    Show
    Everyone will hear the odd noise down the hall from where the men are standing guard for their own tiny fiefdom. But the two of you notice unmistakable sound ... the wet, crunching sound of someone eating an apple down that way. This is followed by the faint sloshing of water in a waterskin. Both of you notice Bishop fixated with a stare that way, and the pant that a dog makes when food is present.

You might have been fine if you hadn't heard these noises, but by recognizing them you both are realizing that you are hungry and thirsty.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-11-17 at 11:19 AM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

"Not much here. Guess we can look around, not like we have options." Eric shrugs as he steps into the room and starts rummaging.
    Spoiler
    Show
    take 20 perception to find anything useful

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Since there isnt enough room for her in there anyway, Zarinda continues to watch the crossbowmen, not lowering her own bow
    #GoreMutualarejerks