New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ironfang Invasion (new PF Adventure Path)

Hey everybodu :),

I just found out about this upcoming adventure path schedule for release starting February 2017.

In short... its about hobgoblins invading your land and you doing something about it.

It also mentions encounter iconic creatures from the 40 years of fantasy RPGs, so that's seem pretty cool.

I am excited about this for 2 reasons!
    It seems to be completely about being the small nobody then going through the process of becoming a great hero of the people (yaay!)
    It seems to be a red hand of doom for PF with other cool stuff added in, and you all know how cool Red hand of Doom is!

I am pumped for this one plan on buying it as soon as I can! Hopefully I will have the money in July to purchase the complete series when all of it has been released.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ironfang Invasion (new PF Adventure Path)

I can understand your excitement even though it's the first Adventure we will pause our subscription for since we already have 3 adventure's on the horizon (Skulls and Shackles, Kingmaker if we can get our hands on part 1 and 2...and Strange Aeons).

But maybe your group can donate a bit for you to run it and you just buy each part as it comes out whilst running it for them?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Not to pee all over your enthusiasm, but my initial response is "So basically it's Red Hand of Doom? Why? We already have Red Hand of Doom, it's already one of the most highly-regarded modules in history, why would they think they can improve upon it?"

But then, I don't tend to think very highly of Paizo's APs in general.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malimar View Post
    Not to pee all over your enthusiasm, but my initial response is "So basically it's Red Hand of Doom? Why? We already have Red Hand of Doom, it's already one of the most highly-regarded modules in history, why would they think they can improve upon it?"

But then, I don't tend to think very highly of Paizo's APs in general.
    Since APs cover a wider breadth of levels than RHoD, it may add help with the before/after question. That's assuming RHoD is better in the 5-11 area but who knows.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

considering James Jacobs wrote Red Hand Of Doom

My guess is, this is like a bunch of notes he had about the original RHoD but WoTC did not want published for reasons unknown.

He then probably found his long lost notes and was like "hey Red Hand of Doom was one of the best 3rd ed D&D adventures. I bet I can pathfinder-ize it and make it even cooler.

I have no idea why people hate adventure paths or published campaigns anyways.. My guess is they are those types who are 'super awesomely creative' that refuse to 'belittle themselves/downgrade' and use idea that others have made. OR making changes to fit your particular group and playstyle is 'to much work. imma just make one from scratch'

SO thank for totally urinating all over my enthusiasm. also I love your completely AESOMELY COOL attributaion.. like lets go futher with it.. we already have D&D.. why make Pathfinder... We also already have internal combustion engines that run on dead animal liguids.. why do we need to make alternate fuel sources?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

What's it about? I can't find any good links to what it is really about other than the small subforum it has on paizo

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    I have no idea why people hate adventure paths or published campaigns anyways.. My guess is they are those types who are 'super awesomely creative' that refuse to 'belittle themselves/downgrade' and use idea that others have made. OR making changes to fit your particular group and playstyle is 'to much work. imma just make one from scratch'
    I'd imagine that they just don't work well for some people, since they're made for a wide audience and lack the kind of group focus (as in, specially-made-for-this-party sort of stuff) a self-made adventure would have.

And it can be a matter of creativity / inspiration / whatever - if you have trouble expanding an idea that isn't yours, then adapting an AP may well be much more difficult than just grabbing some of its themes and making your own game based on those.

also I love your completely AESOMELY COOL attributaion.. like lets go futher with it.. we already have D&D.. why make Pathfinder... We also already have internal combustion engines that run on dead animal liguids.. why do we need to make alternate fuel sources?
    I mean, the answer to the original question boils down to "in order to fix some flaws in the original", in this case it seems to be the limited level range. So you could just say that, rather than give your own 'awesomely cool contribution'.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanCheese View Post
    What's it about? I can't find any good links to what it is really about other than the small subforum it has on paizo
    Found something on it from a PaizoCon announcement:

Quote Originally Posted by Paizo's Blog
    When the PCs witness their hometown of Phaendar destroyed in the first steps of an all-out war of conquest, they begin a quest that leads them from desperate survival to heroes of legend as they push back against the monstrous Ironfang Legion. This ruthless army—helmed by the hobgoblin General Azaersi and empowered by an ancient artifact known as the Onyx Key—intend to claim both Nirmathas and Molthune while the isolated nations bicker with one another. The heroes' quest will take them deep into the fey-haunted Fangwood Forest, to the craggy bluffs of western Nirmathas, and delve deep into the earth to explore the Darklands. Can a small band of refugees grow into champions and push back against Azaersi's horde, or will the Ironfang Invasion give way to and Ironfang nation?

The Ironfang Invasion calls back to classic adventures, focusing on exploring the unknown and confronting the fantastic, all to stop a monstrous enemy from wiping out the good people of Nirmathas and Molthune. The PCs will delve into dungeons, siege well-guarded keeps, explore the wilderness, and battle some of the most iconic creatures from the 40-year history of fantasy RPGs.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Additionally, James Jacobs did mention that this was an Adventure path where tose that have animal companions would shine.

SO My guess is the heroes are probably supposed to go with helping Nimrathas because its basicall a 'nation' of rangers who really have no government

Id rather help molthune bcuase it actually has a strong government instead of a bunch of hippies running around telling people to do whatever they feel like. PS a massive army is coming and you need a central command to put things together...

just because PAizo is an American country and America is all about 'freedom' does not mean that anarchy is super cool and some type of controlling organization is a total bad thing.

Molthune seems very awesome everybody is 'treated equally', all ya gotta do is serve in the military and POW you got full citizen-ship.. Also with a massive invasion on the way what would you rather do.. sit around drum circles singing kumbaya and one love OR actually being trained in mass combat so that you can be given the opportunity to fight the bad guys on equal footing?

THe AP pushing nimrathas as the good guys and Molthune as the bad guys will be the only turn off for me, but still Imma buy it.