New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    You've probably just claimed them, but getting the OP updated with that will have to wait until the OP is online again.
    Yep, you sure have. Updating the OP now.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

I never use Psionics in my games.

Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm kind of surprised not to see these characters on your list...

From Ranma 1/2:

Ranma Saotome
    Tatewaki Kuno
    Kodachi Kuno
    Ryoga Hibiki
    Xain Pu (Shampoo)
    Mu Tsu (Mousse)
    Ukyo Kuonji

Most of the other characters in the series are bit players or one-shots so can safely be ignored.

The real problem will be to create an experience path... It's easy to build a character at the height of their power. It's harder to build that character so that they're competent throughout their career.

3. - Top - End - #213

Quote Originally Posted by Dagroth View Post
    I'm kind of surprised not to see these characters on your list...

From Ranma 1/2:

Ranma Saotome
    Tatewaki Kuno
    Kodachi Kuno
    Ryoga Hibiki
    Xain Pu (Shampoo)
    Mu Tsu (Mousse)
    Ukyo Kuonji

Most of the other characters in the series are bit players or one-shots so can safely be ignored.

The real problem will be to create an experience path... It's easy to build a character at the height of their power. It's harder to build that character so that they're competent throughout their career.
    Could you please format them like they are in the OP? Even if they're all from the same anime it's way easier to put them in if they're formatted correctly.
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Ryoga Hibiki
    Is there a way to be permanently under the effect of a Yuki on'na's (Frostburn) special attack?
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Is there a way to be permanently under the effect of a Yuki on'na's (Frostburn) special attack?
    That seems like a Curse to me. Because let's be honest, Ryoga's real curse is his sense of direction. Also, that'd be a decent way to replicate all the Cursed Springs, because for the most part, the characters don't lose their stats, they more just gain a semi-controllable Alternate Form. ...although, for those who turn into animals, they're more-or-less just were-templates with just the afflicted form. Ryoga is a wereboar, Shampoo is a werecat, Mousse is somehow a were-duck... Ranma would be pretty easy too, since there IS a cursed belt of gender-switching. Just use the curse from that, but trigger the change to hot/cold water as part of the curse.

...yes, I am a Ranma 1/2 fan, so sue me.
    Spoiler: Before June 2017
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Bard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-11
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-11
    As of June 2017:
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-18
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-12

What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?

6. - Top - End - #216

BlackDragon

From Ranma 1/2:

Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2)
    Tatewaki Kuno (Ranma 1/2)
    Kodachi Kuno (Ranma 1/2)
    Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
    Xain Pu {Shampoo} (Ranma 1/2)
    Mu Tsu {Mousse} (Ranma 1/2)
    Ukyo Kuonji (Ranma 1/2)

The curses are, as mentioned, pretty easy. Re-fluffed Were-creatures. Of course, Ryoga, Xain Pu & Mu Tsu's alternate forms are very weak in the anime. Though Mu Tsu has to have something that allows him to still produce and throw knives in duck form.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

\Though Mu Tsu has to have something that allows him to still produce and throw knives in duck form.
    Ninja Trick- Hidden Weapons: A ninja with this ability can easily conceal weapons on her body. The ninja adds her level on opposed Sleight of Hand checks made to conceal a weapon. In addition, she can draw hidden weapons as a move action, instead of as a standard action.

Alternatively, reskin the Shadow Clone ninja trick. The most common example of the Shadow Clone technique these days is from Naruto, Kage Bunshin - Shadow Clone - but there's another, similar technique, Kage Shuriken - Shadow Shuriken.

8. - Top - End - #218

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Petrukio View Post
    Ninja Trick- Hidden Weapons: A ninja with this ability can easily conceal weapons on her body. The ninja adds her level on opposed Sleight of Hand checks made to conceal a weapon. In addition, she can draw hidden weapons as a move action, instead of as a standard action.

Alternatively, reskin the Shadow Clone ninja trick. The most common example of the Shadow Clone technique these days is from Naruto, Kage Bunshin - Shadow Clone - but there's another, similar technique, Kage Shuriken - Shadow Shuriken.
    Is that from Pathfinder? I'm not familiar with it.

Note that in the arc Mu Tsu was introduced, he was challenged by Ranma to "fight fair" and stop using his hidden weapons. He emptied out his robe, revealing a "Bags-of-Holding" amount of gear! I'd almost say he has Handy Haversacks in both sleeves, since he always pulls out the weapon/item he's looking for.

Of course, none of their clothes change with them (it falls to the ground, or is just baggy on her in Ranma's case)... except Genma. who clearly has a Wilding Clasp on his dogi (clothes). And yet, Mu Tsu is still able to pull out a nigh-unlimited number of knives to throw from his duck wings!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Is that from Pathfinder? I'm not familiar with it.

Note that in the arc Mu Tsu was introduced, he was challenged by Ranma to "fight fair" and stop using his hidden weapons. He emptied out his robe, revealing a "Bags-of-Holding" amount of gear! I'd almost say he has Handy Haversacks in both sleeves, since he always pulls out the weapon/item he's looking for.

Of course, none of their clothes change with them (it falls to the ground, or is just baggy on her in Ranma's case)... except Genma. who clearly has a Wilding Clasp on his dogi (clothes). And yet, Mu Tsu is still able to pull out a nigh-unlimited number of knives to throw from his duck wings!
    Yes, sorry. Here's a list of ninja tricks in that system. As for the clothes thing, it's part of the reason I suggested Hidden Weapons. It never says that the body has to be humanoid. ;)

10. - Top - End - #220

From Ranma 1/2:

Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2)
    Tatewaki Kuno (Ranma 1/2)
    Kodachi Kuno (Ranma 1/2)
    Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
    Xain Pu {Shampoo} (Ranma 1/2)
    Mu Tsu {Mousse} (Ranma 1/2)
    Ukyo Kuonji (Ranma 1/2)

The curses are, as mentioned, pretty easy. Re-fluffed Were-creatures. Of course, Ryoga, Xain Pu & Mu Tsu's alternate forms are very weak in the anime. Though Mu Tsu has to have something that allows him to still produce and throw knives in duck form.
    Added. Thanks for reformatting it!
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, I believe I can just about exactly build DIO (JJBA-Stardust Crusaders) (Or at least, his stuff short of the mind-control bulbs) with the right pathfinder material. Busy right now recovering all my sheets from the MW sheet loss accident, but can get to work on it afterwards (aka gimme a week or sth).
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2017-02-08 at 07:13 AM.
    The one and only Tuvarkz across all the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Have a look at my builds for these Berserk Manga Characters:

Sir "Griffith", Leader of the Band of the Hawk (before the eclipse)

Raid Commander "Guts", the 100-man Slayer (before the eclipse)

The Black Swordsman "Guts" & his pixie blade guide "Puck" (after the eclipse)

I would be happy to get some more response (posted the builds last night and haven't got much attention so far. the thread is still fresh :p )

13. - Top - End - #223

So I noticed you have Kiss-Shot-why-is-my-name-so-long-Heart-Under-Blade there. I am assuming that means we are talking about full power Kiss-Shot like how she is in Kizumonogatari or the stories Shinobu arcs?

On that note: Are there any rules for trading racial/template features away? I feel like I could do something, but there is too much extra fluff on the vampire (lord) templates and I feel like ALOT of it can be traded away.

Alternate form and Child of the night for sure and I create spawn would make more sense if it created Wraiths instead of vampires for sure. Energy drain and blood drain can probably be combined as well as Kiss-Shot only ever drains enemies with her bite, never on touch.

On the flip side I feel like DR and Fast healing should be combined into Regeneration for sure. With a silly added on weakness in case of dismemberment.

I mean it's quite possible to emulate easily and IMHO in a balanced way, but by RAW it will probably be an unredeemable mess.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

I have made my own version of Itachi using d&d 5th edition and hopefully this build is useful to others.

Now we all know the power of Uchiha Itachi and the abilities he gets with the Sharingan. For this build I ignore most of the Sharingan abilities such as Susanoo, the ability to see through every jutsu and copying it, and even Amaterasu to a certain extent. You might think whats left of it being close to Uchiha Itachi? Well this build is trying to create Itachi as what he is best known for, his genjutsu and tactical insight. It will have a solid core role-play aspect that you can explore without stretching the character to thin.

A full build will be looking like this: lvl2 Cleric (trickster domain), lvl2 Rogue, lvl16 Wizard (enchantment). Now you might wonder why not illusion. Well a quick explanation for that is even though genjutsu is explained as an illusion, most of its effects and power the user has over its victims come close to enchantment spells such as hold person. Also the powers that enchantment gives you fit more with the theme around Itachi as will be explained later.

Now I will explain the reason for the levels and multiclasses that I have chosen by giving a possible level up path to follow when you play and level up this type of Itachi build. I will explain how certain abilities translate to Itachi and his abilities. The first levels might seem odd and might not feel like the real thing, it will all fall in place once you reach level 5. please bear with me!

abilities we go for point buy, this because we want two stats to be at least 16 and one other to be 14 the rest is all dump. Here is how it could look like.

Str 8 (wont be used for anything combat related)
    Dex 15 (secondary stat used in combat for throwing kunai and shuriken, and your defense)
    Con 8 (to stay true to Itachi having an illness)
    Int 15 (primary stat used in combat, mainly using all your spells to enchant people and cast illusions...and the fireballs!!!)
    Wis 14 (mostly to be able to multiclass into cleric and Itachi is both intelligent and wise)
    Cha 10 (Itachi never was much of a talker)

the only alternative I could think of is switching the cha and str stats. It depends on what your personal taste is. Having Con at 8 is a risk and a big disadvantage would most players say, but you are playing as Uchiha Itachi!!! Play smart and you wont even get into close combat or become the target of an attack most of the times.

The race to go with will be High Elf giving you +2 dex and +1 int. The Darkvision, Keen Senses(prof in perception), and Fey ancestry(advantage on saves against charmed, magic cant put you to sleep) compliment some of the abilities tied to the Sharingan. Furthermore having a cantrip at first level for this build is a must, I recommend taking the firebolt cantrip since Uchiha is known for its fire nature.

Next choose the sage background to gain proficiency in Arcana and History which go well with your high int stat.

The 1st lvl class to start with will be Rogue, you get the best options for proficiencies with this class to create this type of Itachi. Having your highest abilities (Dex, Int) as your saving throws helps a lot.
    The four skills to choose should be Acrobatics, Slight of Hand, Stealth, and Investigation. The 3 dex skills because it fits the ninja theme and investigation because that fits the Sharingans power.
    Rogue lvl 1 Expertise, go for Stealth and Investigation to pump up the power of the Sharingan and making sure you will succeed those stealth rolls.
    for starting equipment I would recommend to try and roll for money and get enough gold to buy:
    - studded leather (this will give you 15 AC) 45 gold
    - dagger (your kunai for close combat) 1 gold
    - 10 darts (the shuriken) 5 silver
    - Orb or crystal (ask dm if this may be placed inside one of your eye sockets for sharingan roleplay) 10/20 gold
    - explorer pack (cheapest and best starter equipment pack to use) 10 gold

all together coming to a total of 66/76 gold and 5 silver

Reaching lvl 2 you multiclass your first lvl into Wizard. So at this point you are lvl 1 Rogue, lvl 1 Wizard. The six 1st lvl spells that you choose should be:
    - Color Spray (an illusion spell that has the potential of blinding creatures in a 15 foot cone originating from you. !watch out for partymembers!)
    - Find Familiar (just so you can flavor the raven to be a crow as your familiar)
    - Shield (it is a little bit like the defensive power of the Susanoo and having your AC15 becoming 20 as a reaction is always nice when needed)
    - Silent Image (the first of many illusion spells that can be used for distraction and misdirection)
    - Sleep (a spell that can be seen as genjutsu since people affected by weaker genjutsu sometimes look like they are unconsious or sleeping)
    - Magic Missile (can be flavored as a shuriken jutsu, and we all know Itachi's insane shuriken skills)

Honorable mentions and why I didn't recommend them:
    - Burning Hands (It fits Uchiha's fire jutsu, which Itachi uses aswell, but it will become useless real fast once you get spells like Scorching Rays)
    - Charm person (you get this spell automatic as a cleric spell from the trickery domain when you reach lvl 3)
    - Detect magic (you pick this for one of your cleric prepared spells when you reach lvl 3)

Reaching lvl 3 you multiclass your first lvl into Cleric. So at this point you are lvl 1 Rogue, lvl 1 Wizard, lvl 1 Cleric.
    Pick the Trickery domain for your cleric to have always Charm Person and Disguise Self prepared.
    Blessing of the Trickster is a nice bonus to give someone else advantage on stealth checks for one hour.
    As for spells you can prepare three spells, here are the recommended:
    - Command (you put them under a genjutsu and manipulate them, a bit like how Itachi made Kabuto stop his own jutsu)
    - Detect Magic (The power of the Sharingan to see Chakra)
    - the third prepared spell is open to fill in as you see fit, this can be to fulfill a certain roll in your party when needed.

Reaching lvl 4 gain a second lvl in Rogue. So at this point you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 1 Wizard, lvl 1 Cleric. The reason for picking Rogue is because at this lvl you really want to have more movement options in combat to stay out of harms way.
    Cunning action gives you this freedom, you can dash, disengage, or hide as a bonus action. You basically always want to hide before you end your turn if possible, otherwise create distance between the enemy but stay in range for your own spells and attacks.

Reaching lvl 5 gain a second lvl in Wizard. So at this point you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 2 Wizard, lvl 1 Cleric.
    Choose enchantment for your school because its abilities translate better to how Itachi's genjutsu works instead of the illusion school.
    The recommended spells to choose are:
    - Longstrider (run faster like a ninja)
    - Feather Fall (have you seen from how high they sometimes jump and land as if its nothing?)

Further you gain Hypnotic Gaze. A quick summery of what it does, as an action choose a creature within 5 feet that you see and charm it on a failed wisdom save. The charmed creatures speed drops to 0 and is incapacitated. Every turn you can use an action to extend its effect for another round as long as you stay within 5 feet. Do not look into Itachi's eyes or you become caught in his genjutsu.

Reaching lvl 6 gain a lvl in Cleric. So at this point you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 2 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric. Here comes the best part!
    You can use the clerics Channel Divinity to create an illusory duplicate of yourself. This is basically a shadow clone. You can move the duplicate up to 30 feet as a bonus action and you can cast your spells through it as if you where standing in the illusions space. It only lasts for a minute and costs concentration but damn is it a sweet ability to keep yourself hidden and just casting your damaging spells and such through the duplicate.
    side note at this point it doesn't really matter what spells you will prepare for your Cleric spells this is all free for your own input since the spells that you choose for the Wizard are of more importance. A tip is to make sure the spells that you end up choosing do not require a save roll or attack roll since you only have 14 Wis.

Reaching lvl 7 gain a lvl in Wizard. So at this point you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 3 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric. From this point on you will only need to lvl up Wizard. I will still provide what spells to choose and why, and what feat to choose or which stats to boost.
    Recommended spells to choose:
    - Phantasmal Force (if this doesn't shout genjutsu! literally creating a phantasmal object or creature that only the target sees and will rationalize any illogical outcomes from interacting with the phantasm.)
    - Scorching Ray (this spell screams Phoenix Sage Fire Technique)

Reaching lvl 8 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 4 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    At this stage we can finally put a full +2 stat boost into Intelligence, because the ability score improvement, making it 18.
    - Mirror Image (gives you more defensive options as you create some clones beside you)
    - Misty Step (I like to think of it as you disperse into crows like the crow clone jutsu and reappear again 30 feet away)

Reaching lvl 9 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 5 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    - Fireball (aka Fireball jutsu)
    - Hypnotic Pattern (targets in a 30 foot cube are under a genjutsu when they fail a wisdom save incapacitating them and dropping speed to 0)

Reaching lvl 10 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 6 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    You gain Instinctive Charm, when you see a creature within 30 feet make an attack roll against you, you can use your reaction to divert the attack provided that another creature is within the attack's range. This is such a good defensive ability and you can use it every round as long as you haven't used a reaction already. You can totally role-play it as if you have put the attacker under a genjutsu making it think the new target is actually you.
    - Major Image (the upgraded version of Silent Image)
    - See Invisibility (definitely a power the Sharingan has with the ability to see through every jutsu and able to see chakra)

Reaching lvl 11 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 7 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    - Phantasmal Killer (a genjutsu that does actual damage)
    - Wall of Fire (the closest thing that you can get to Amaterasu)

Reaching lvl 12 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 8 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    You get your second ability score improvement. At this point you can go one of two ways, either increase your Int +1 and Dex +1 or take the Observant feat giving you a +1 that you put in Int. With Observant you can also read lips and gain a +5 bonus to your passive wisdom and passive intelligence scores (boost that Sharingan). For this stage I choose the feat first making my Int 19 and keeping my Dex 17, so the next ability score improvement I can boost them to Int 20 and Dex 18.
    - Hallucinatory Terrain (getting an illusion that can effect a large area, eventhough it doesnt translate that well as genjutsu, is a nice pick)
    - Spider Climb (stand and walk on any surface as if you imbued chakra in your feet like they do in Naruto)

Reaching lvl 13 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 9 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    - Immolation (I take my earlier statement back this is the closest to Amaterasu as you can get)
    - Mislead (so many possibilities to flavor this as, something like a crow clone or substitution jutsu)

Reaching lvl 14 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 10 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    You gain the ability to target a second creature with enchantment spells that can normally only target one. A huge plus being able to charm two creatures with one concentration spell as the single target enchantment spells can be very powerful and useful in their effects.
    - Counterspell (your sharingan can see through every jutsu so just counter that spell)
    - Geas (you can command a creature and force it to carry out something or refrain from doing something, and it will get 5D10 psychic damage if it acts in a manner counter to your instructions. A lot of possibilities with this spell to help you.)

Reaching lvl 15 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 11 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    - Eye Bite (this is a Sharingan genjutsu when you read its description, flavor it as if your eyes gain a Mangekyou pattern or something)
    - True Seeing (keeping the Sharingan theme this spell doesn't need an explanation)

Reaching lvl 16 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 12 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    Now as said earlier for this ability score improvement go for +1 Int and +1 Dex making them Int 20 and Dex 18 boosting both your AC, kunai & shuriken attacks, and Spell attack power and the DC.
    - Hold Person (since you have the ability to target an extra creature with single target enchantments this is a good fill for your genjutsu)
    - Hold Monster (same as Hold Person, otherwise the only spell who would have benefit from the ability would have been Geas)

Reaching lvl 17 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 13 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    The lvl 7 spells are a bit lackluster when it comes to the type of Itachi play-style this build focuses on. Pick what you like or you can follow the recommended.
    - Forcecage (can be a nice combo with the Invoke Duplicity ability of the trickery Cleric, create the perfect copy and later place yourself inside the Forcecage protecting yourself from any harm and using the duplicate to cast spells with. you can even flavor the Forcecage to look like a Susanoo)
    - Project Image (a strong illusion clone spell where you can be miles away, always nice for scouting areas and such)

Reaching lvl 18 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 14 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    Alter Memories is a fun bonus effect that you can use when you have enchanted a creature. Being able to let it forget an hour of its memories and not knowing that you have charmed it.
    - Programmed Illusion (just like Itachi was able to set a trigger for his crow to come out of Naruto you can do the same with an illusion)
    - Mass Suggestion (think about it, putting up to 12 creatures under a genjutsu and make them follow a course of actions)

Reaching lvl 19 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 15 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    - Dominate Monster (use the Sharingan genjutsu and completely control a creature)
    - Feeblemind (a strong enchantment that can make enemy wizards useless and its a single target enchantment so you can target one extra)

Reaching lvl 20 you are lvl 2 Rogue, lvl 16 Wizard, lvl 2 Cleric.
    The final ability score improvement I would take the Mobile feat, because its a good boost to some extra movement during your turns and you can safely get out of close combat if you attacked them first giving you the chance to use your bonus action for either Hide or Dash.
    Recommended spell to choose:
    - Power Word Stun (you could roleplay it that instead of speaking a word you give a nasty glare with your Sharingan)
    - Mirrage Arcane (the buffed up version of Hallucinatory Terrain)

In the end you will only have around 67 hit-points but that shouldn't be a problem if you can play smart, safe, and you have a reasonable DM that doesn't come up with deus ex machina scenarios just so he can damage you. Because in a lot of environments you can stay hidden as long as it are not all plain boring open areas.

This is of course a guide build and you can switch around or choose other spells or feats as you see fit but personally I have had a great time playing this build at lvl 12. I really felt like Itachi always being a few steps ahead of my opponents with my illusions and enchantments making sure I'm always safe.
    PS the reason I didnt specify any cantrips is because you can get so many and they wont have a major impact on the way you play this build.

This is my version of Itachi Uchiha when he wasn't becoming blind yet and I hope you like it.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

Minato Namikaze from Naruto is an awesome character and really difficult to create as a D&D character, but I tried and here is the result.

Now, Minato has a vast array of strong abilities such as his Summoning, Sealing, Teleportation, Rasengan, Sage mode, and so on. Trying to put all this into one character build will ultimately stretch a character to thin on all fronts. So for this build we will focus on his most renowned jutsu, that gave him the nickname Yellow Flash, Flying Thunder God Technique.

A full build will look like this: lvl 13 Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline) lvl 7 Monk (Shadow)
    Now I will explain the reason for the levels and multiclasses that I have chosen by giving a possible level up path to follow when you play and level up this type of Minato build. I will explain how certain abilities translate to Minato and his abilities.

Abilities we go for point buy because we want to have full control on what we get. For this build we need to get two 16's for the main abilities. Here is what it could look like.

Str 8 (wont be used for anything)
    Dex 15 (primary stat for combat and skills)
    Con 10 (just so you dont get -1 hitpoints with lvling up)
    Int 10 (even though Minato is super intelligent not used for this build)
    Wis 14 (third important stat for the build)
    Cha 14 (secondary stat for your spells in combat, and Minato always seems very charismatic to me)

You could go with Int 8 giving space for bumping Wis to 15 which will give you more freedom later down the line when getting the ability score improvements but having such a low intelligence felt uncharacteristic to me so we will follow this path.

The race to go with here is Half-Elf giving you a +2 in Cha and you will choose Wis and Dex for the +1. for the skill proficiency choose stealth and perception because. Stealth for obvious ninja reasons and perception because Minato is a sensory type.

Next take the Folk Hero background to get Survival and Animal Handling, but mostly because this background fits the fact he was famous for his deeds during the third ninja war and getting the nickname Yellow Flash.

The 1st lvl class to start will be Sorcerer, you get the best proficiency options compared to starting as a Monk. The saving throw proficiency for Con and Cha is better than Str (what would have been a waste) and Dex (only useful one). Also you get the weapon proficiency from the monk when you multiclass into it.
    The two skills to pick are Insight (Minato has insane observation skills and can determine someones plans and motivations) and Persuasion (Minato is a smooth talker and knows when to fight and when to just talk)
    For the Sorcerer Origin choose Draconic Bloodline and go for Gold dragon because it fits the bright yellow hair of Minato and also fire is one of his chakra natures. This gives you a +1 to your hitpoints and when you lvl up which is always nice. Also it gives you a AC of 13+ dex modifier when not wearing any armor, making your AC 16.
    The first to spells to pick will be:
    - Detect Magic (to fit the sensory theme of Minato)
    - Shield (Minato is always quick with reacting to, and countering enemy attacks)
    For cantrips take:
    - Gust (for his wind chakra nature)
    - Shocking Grasp (for his lightning chakra nature)
    - Fire Bolt (for his fire chakra nature)
    - True Strike (this spot is open for your own input but i choose True Strike)
    For starting equipment I would recommend to try and roll for money and get enough gold to buy:
    - a diamond worth at least 50gp (it is not on the list so ask your DM first) 50 gold
    - 5x daggers (these are your special kunai that Minato uses, mostly for fluff but always useful) 10 gold
    - explorer pack (cheapest and best starter equipment pack to use) 10 gold
    - arcane focus Crystal (because you could easily work it into a pendant or something so you wont have to hold it) 10 gold

all together coming to a total of 80 gold, if the DM wont let you buy the diamond like this you can just save up the money and buy it asap. You wont need anything else to start of with.

Reaching lvl 2 you multiclass your first lvl into Monk. So at this point you are lvl 1 Sorcerer, lvl 1 Monk.
    Monk gives you the melee attack power that you need for playing Minato and you will be switching how you calculate you AC later on once you gain more Wis and Dex.

Reaching lvl 3 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 2 Sorcerer, lvl 1 Monk.
    You gain Font of Magic to swap your two Sorcery points for a lvl 1 spell slot. Also you learn a new spell which will be:
    - Chromatic Orb (this is why you need the 50gp diamond, you can use it to be one of the three chakra natures that Minato possesses and it kind of looks like a Rasengan only that you can hurl it 90 feet)

Reaching lvl 4 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 3 Sorcerer, lvl 1 Monk.
    You gain Meta Magic and the two options that you will pick are:
    - Quickened Spell (Minato is one of the fastest ninjas and can weave hand signs faster than most)
    - Twinned Spell (only Chromatic Orb benifits from this at the moment but wait for your first third lvl spell)
    You also learn a new spell and that should be:
    - Misty Step (finally the first spell to play like the Yellow Flash, start teleporting around the battlefield)

Reaching lvl 5 gain a lvl in Monk. So at this point you are lvl 3 Sorcerer, lvl 2 Monk.
    You gain Ki and with it some more options during combat to move around and start hitting more often.
    The +10 to movement when not wearing armor or carrying a shield is perfect and fits with Minato being so fast.

Reaching lvl 6 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 4 Sorcerer, lvl 2 Monk.
    For the ability score improvement go for +2 into Dex giving you +1 to AC, to hit, and damage with your melee attacks.
    The extra cantrips that you can choose from this point are up irrelevant so you can pick what you like.
    Recommended spell to learn is:
    - Mirror Image (clone jutsu that does not require concentration)

Reaching lvl 7 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 5 Sorcerer, lvl 2 Monk.
    Recommended spell to learn:
    - Haste (now this is befitting of the Yellow Flash and with twinned spell you can let a party member join in on the fun)

Reaching lvl 8 gain a lvl in Monk. So at this point you are lvl 5 Sorcerer, lvl 3 Monk.
    At this point I had difficulty choosing, Way of the Open Hand gives a lot of strong effects to your attacks early on, but Way of Shadow has a nice teleportation skill later on. You can go either way, but I went with Way of Shadow this guide for the ability to just flash around like Minato in shadows.
    The spells that you can cast using Ki points with the Shadow Arts is a nice bonus.
    Deflect Missiles is great and fits Minato's quick reaction time to attackers.

Reaching lvl 9 gain a lvl in Monk. So at this point you are lvl 5 Sorcerer, lvl 4 Monk.
    For the ability score improvement take the Feat Resilient and choose Wisdom making your Wis 16. This benefits almost all your skills and your AC becomes 17 with both the Sorcerer and Monk method. From this point on use the Monk AC method.
    Slow Fall, because all ninjas can jump from insane heights as if its nothing.

Reaching lvl 10 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 6 Sorcerer, lvl 4 Monk.
    You gain Elemental Affinity that will boost the damage of your fire nature jutsu's.
    - Fireball (so that you have another option instead of Chromatic Orb, even though we dont know if Minato can cast the Fireball Technique its a good pick giving you a bit more offensive options for hordes of enemies)

Reaching lvl 11 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 7 Sorcerer, lvl 4 Monk.
    - Dimension Door (FLYING THUNDER GOD TECHNIQUE!!! at least one with a bit more range then Misty Step)

Reaching lvl 12 gain a lvl in Monk. So at this point you are lvl 7 Sorcerer, lvl 5 Monk.
    You gain an extra attack and the possibility to stun someone for 1 Ki point. Also your unarmed attacks now do D6 damage.

Reaching lvl 13 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 8 Sorcerer, lvl 5 Monk.
    For the ability score improvement put +2 into Wisdom again, making your AC 18 and also benefiting most of your skills and your Ki attacks. The reason that we do not Improve Charisma is because most of the Spells from the Sorcerer do not require an attack roll or a save roll, and having spell attack +8, spell DC 16 is still pretty high. Also having higher AC and not being hit fits Minato better.
    - Banishment (can be flavored as a sealing jutsu)

Reaching lvl 14 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 9 Sorcerer, lvl 5 Monk.
    - Teleportation Circle (here comes the big Flying Thunder God Technique, it will require some consultation with your DM but this can create so many awesome roleplaying scenarios as Minato)

Reaching lvl 15 gain a lvl in Monk. So at this point you are lvl 9 Sorcerer, lvl 6 Monk.
    It took a while but your unarmed strikes now count as magical, also you gain an extra +5 movement.
    But this is the ability that we really wanted, Shadow Step! Fighting in areas with dim light and/or darkness becomes heaven as you just teleport around using only bonus actions.

Reaching lvl 16 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 10 Sorcerer, lvl 6 Monk.
    For the extra Meta Magic I give you two options:
    - Distant Spell (increasing the range of almost all your teleportation jutsu's and attack spells)
    or
    - Subtle Spell (for roleplaying that Minato hardly needs to use signs, being stealthy when casting, and also being able to teleport away when you are being restrained and such)
    - Clairvoyance (Minato is a sensory type after all so having this spell will help you roleplay that more)

Reaching lvl 17 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 11 Sorcerer, lvl 6 Monk.
    - Arcane Gate (Teleportation that can be useful in many situations)

Reaching lvl 18 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 12 Sorcerer, lvl 6 Monk.
    For the ability score improvement choose +2 boost to your Dexterity, giving you +1 to AC, to hit, and damage. How does it feel having 19 AC without wearing armor? Feels good right.

Reaching lvl 19 gain a lvl in Sorcerer. So at this point you are lvl 13 Sorcerer, lvl 6 Monk.
    - Teleport (the final form of the Flying Thunder God Technique)

Reaching lvl 20 gain a lvl in Monk. So at this point you are lvl 13 Sorcerer, lvl 7 Monk.
    Gaining Evasion is great for your quick reaction-time to dodge out of harms way and Stillness of Mind is always a nice bonus to have.

This is the end of the guide, I hope you found it useful and that it is as close to the real thing as possible. There might be a few things that you could switch around such as instead of taking the Resilient feat at lvl 9 when you increase monk to lvl 4 take the Observant feat and increase wisdom with that. This gives you a passive perception of 23 at lvl 20.
    This build is not meant to be OP in combat but instead to have fun in combat and being able to get out of dodge at any time. I love roleplaying a lot and I try to make that the core of my character builds and still be useful to the group either in combat with doing damage or support or out of combat with support and/or roleplay.

Let me know what you think and if you have a request for a certain character.
    Last edited by Greenseen; 2017-10-19 at 06:50 PM. Reason: misread rule

16. - Top - End - #226
    Pixie in the Playground

Black Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter)
    I think this character would be amazing in D&D, but I have no idea how to even start making her. She would probably be a multiclass to some degree, but since the show is so vague with her abilities, I don't really know what classes would fit. :)