New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Spheres of Power] The Creation Sphere Handbook Open Playtest

Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    The players in question, the fact that they were dwarves was merely coincidental, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the species. Anyway, as mentioned, I'll add something in there for 'em.
    Hey now, I do read this thread!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

You're not wrong that Barrier Knight is a bit of a Creation/Protection hybrid, I think I'll mess with the fluff a little soon to make that lean a little more toward Creation.

Personal bias showing, dwarves suck, never managed to play with one that wasn't problematic! But I'll see about adding something in for them later.

Hm, poisons could probably be expanded on, I'll see what I can do.

Intelligence is really the domain of Enhancement more than Creation, but I could add a line that allows it to affected by the Bestow Life advanced talent easily enough.
    Maybe let them qualify for Advanced Talents and Feats based on conjuration as if their CL were a bit higher? I think that's an underused ability in general, plenty of caster level boosts but only Focus Spheres get early qualification.

I understand your hatred of a specific race, but for me it's elves and I love dwarves. Dwarves are a beautiful industrious people, while elves sit in their dirty tree hovels and complain about you cutting down trees. Bunch of pansies.

Poison is one of my favorite things about magical conjuration personally, because they're basically unusable otherwise. If they're free early they are awesome for the time before everything becomes poison immune.

For the ability to create intelligent oozes, I mainly want to be able to create these super adorable little scamps. So cute!
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Hey now, I do read this thread!
    You're not the first problematic dwarf, nor do I expect you to be the last.

Mithral, in regards to your last post, I'll get to it at some point next week, hopefully sooner. Because of course the day I respond to this thread my block loses power and ****s up my computer, I'm taking it into the shop tomorrow and I'm going to be incredibly irritated if it can't be fixed by Monday.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

When creating what size is a 5 foot cube?
    If using walls as the example, ift would be 60 small objects to get a 10 by 10 by 5 rectangle with wall master 30 would be necessary.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron-sama View Post
    When creating what size is a 5 foot cube?
    If using walls as the example, ift would be 60 small objects to get a 10 by 10 by 5 rectangle with wall master 30 would be necessary.
    probably a medium object since lowest wall creating spell creates half of the square as barrier so YMMW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

6. - Top - End - #36

AssassinGuy

@Desril
    Hardlight feat in the light hand book made the knight of willpower first ability a little confusing. Since it has nothing to do with the hardlight material which the Hardlight feat allows you to make.

Edit
    Aasimar's alternate racial trait should be changed to include an extra talent or have a better exra bit. It's ability is actually detrimental to a creation character as they loose a racial trait or magic talent to gain a very weak power.
    Last edited by Saffron-sama; 2017-05-02 at 04:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

AssassinGuy

Some abuse I have noticed is the spontaneous creation of permanent magic arms and armor with Create Materials & Enhanced Creation. It also being a Free action I can spontaneously create a +6 flaming, corrosive, frost and shock weapon which does extra damage each based on my caster level, I can also make it add bleed damage and make it a keen weapon.
    Armor is not as bad since there is not many good enhancig abilities for them besides lighten which object of force does just fine for.
    Last edited by Saffron-sama; 2017-05-15 at 06:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

[Preface: my apologies if this counts as necroposting, but the author of the handbook has restarted work on the book and I wanted to give some input.]

I would like to suggest an addendum to "Create Materials", like with Classic Substances. Considering Fabricate also exists, there is no rule against using Creation to create armor, weapons, etc in a permanent fashion. It merely becomes a tax to have a different talent and some extra time. My suggestion is to either allow craft-check creation at a certain Cl or to allow it if you also have Fabricate. At least to me, it doesn't make sense to have the restriction there as a talent tax, especially when there are other taxes already.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrguymiah View Post
    [Preface: my apologies if this counts as necroposting, but the author of the handbook has restarted work on the book and I wanted to give some input.]

I would like to suggest an addendum to "Create Materials", like with Classic Substances. Considering Fabricate also exists, there is no rule against using Creation to create armor, weapons, etc in a permanent fashion. It merely becomes a tax to have a different talent and some extra time. My suggestion is to either allow craft-check creation at a certain Cl or to allow it if you also have Fabricate. At least to me, it doesn't make sense to have the restriction there as a talent tax, especially when there are other taxes already.
    Heh, I wouldn't say "restarted" it was just an annoying conflux of various things for the first half of the year that limited my ability to actually get work done. I never stopped writing I was just greatly delayed!

In any case, I don't thing the change is going to happen. Not that I don't think you have a point, but rather because it would obsolete the Fabricate advanced talent, rather than open new options for it.

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

cool Re: [Spheres of Power] The Creation Sphere Handbook Open Playtest

Heh, I wouldn't say "restarted" it was just an annoying conflux of various things for the first half of the year that limited my ability to actually get work done. I never stopped writing I was just greatly delayed!

In any case, I don't thing the change is going to happen. Not that I don't think you have a point, but rather because it would obsolete the Fabricate advanced talent, rather than open new options for it.
    A fair point. What if the two were rebalanced a smidgeon? Fabricate gets addended to allow create with it and Create Materials let's you create one size category larger per CL? (Perhaps some extra spell point usage in one of these) Akin to how Telekinesis has Powerful TK make it to where you _can_ lift more but be able to do less with it.

It'd give Create Materials the purpose of generating large quantities with Fabricate allowing more detailed work (which it already is intended to do).

I'm more than willing to brainstorm additional expansion on the situation.

It just seems odd to me that the base ability lets you create detailed items from nothing, but the advanced ones put weird restrictions on doing so. This is compounded by the fact that both of the advanced talents require Forge. If both are just advanced subsets of the same basic ability, it doesn't make sense to me for their division.
    Last edited by mrguymiah; 2017-10-03 at 04:18 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrguymiah View Post
    A fair point. What if the two were rebalanced a smidgeon? Fabricate gets addended to allow create with it and Create Materials let's you create one size category larger per CL? (Perhaps some extra spell point usage in one of these) Akin to how Telekinesis has Powerful TK make it to where you _can_ lift more but be able to do less with it.

It'd give Create Materials the purpose of generating large quantities with Fabricate allowing more detailed work (which it already is intended to do).

I'm more than willing to brainstorm additional expansion on the situation.

It just seems odd to me that the base ability lets you create detailed items from nothing, but the advanced ones put weird restrictions on doing so. This is compounded by the fact that both of the advanced talents require Forge. If both are just advanced subsets of the same basic ability, it doesn't make sense to me for their division.
    Hm, I think I have a solution to this; I'll just add a clause to Create Materials stating that if you have Fabricate, you can use it as part of the same action. I'll make that adjustment when I do a few other revisions which I'm intending to do tomorrow.

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Updated size table would be nice but instead of chairs and tables can you use swords and cannons as measurements along with old ones
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Updated size table would be nice but instead of chairs and tables can you use swords and cannons as measurements along with old ones
    That's actually not a bad idea. Not everyone actually knows how such items are classified, it's simple but having an easily referred to chart is a good idea.

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

That's actually not a bad idea. Not everyone actually knows how such items are classified, it's simple but having an easily referred to chart is a good idea.
    And makes lot of headache gone by simply know how many swords thrown when some one goes archer emiya on party my acidental math shows higher fire rate then browning machine gun with whoopin 2125 swords in 6 seconds which highest fire rate of browing is 600 bullets in 6 seconds so hard numbers would be nice to know how much damage bigger creation realy gives to party

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I certainly agree. It might be worthwile to restate the Paizo rule that; "Light weapons are two sizes smaller than the creature they're intended for, one-handed is one smaller, and two handed are equal." On top of that, as was brought up in the AMA thread, armor is of particular confusion, since there is no Paizo ruling. To summarize the suggestions from that discussion for you;

• All armors are equal to their creature's size
    • They scale the same way as weapons, with light being two sizes smaller
    • they scale similarly to weapons, with light being one smaller and the other two being equal

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, so does anything allow you to actually create a liquid that isn't inherently water, poisonous, or for consumption? Things like oil, mud, and mercury all seem to be unable to created at room temperatures.

Speaking of which, is there actually any limit to the temperatures at which you can create materials? I've always just sort of assumed room, but it doesn't seem to say anywhere. Maybe between 0 and 110 degrees Fahrenheit? Those are the limits of the fourth severity weather effects.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Hey, so does anything allow you to actually create a liquid that isn't inherently water, poisonous, or for consumption? Things like oil, mud, and mercury all seem to be unable to created at room temperatures.

Speaking of which, is there actually any limit to the temperatures at which you can create materials? I've always just sort of assumed room, but it doesn't seem to say anywhere. Maybe between 0 and 110 degrees Fahrenheit? Those are the limits of the fourth severity weather effects.
    good question know i need to add fire damage to my rain of swords build

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Still no option to allow the Dwarf to trade Greed and Stonecunning for Basic Magical Training in Creation? Perhaps with Material Focus on Iron or Stone, allowing them to purchase Classic Expanded Materials to unlock everything else as normal (seeing as it normally doesn't give a talent).

19. - Top - End - #49

About the construct creator feat, it explicitly gives the ability to create persistent animated objects, but doesn't require the animate object talent from the enhancement sphere. Is there any particular reason for that?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Drrakerr View Post
    About the construct creator feat, it explicitly gives the ability to create persistent animated objects, but doesn't require the animate object talent from the enhancement sphere. Is there any particular reason for that?
    I can't speak for this specific feat, but I can say that SoP in general avoids prerequisites unless the feat wouldn't make sense without them. 3rd Edition loved weird prerequisites (like 13 Int for combat expertise) and often used them to enforce certain character builds. The fact that enhancement can do something doesn't mean it owns the exclusive rights to the ability.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.Gibson View Post
    I can't speak for this specific feat, but I can say that SoP in general avoids prerequisites unless the feat wouldn't make sense without them. 3rd Edition loved weird prerequisites (like 13 Int for combat expertise) and often used them to enforce certain character builds. The fact that enhancement can do something doesn't mean it owns the exclusive rights to the ability.
    I actually added the Animate Objects requirement to it. The reason it wasn't there was because that particular feat saw several reworks, the initial version being more purely construct focused, though I suppose I could be convinced to remove it once again.

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that Spheres of Might is out and the Champions of the SPheres is apparantly running out of wordcount, any chance to get a Creation based Blacksmith archetype?
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground

Now that Spheres of Might is out and the Champions of the SPheres is apparantly running out of wordcount, any chance to get a Creation based Blacksmith archetype?
    Why do you believe that Creation hasn't the same problem?
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

So spheres of power expanded volume 2 is on the horizon since every sphere gonna nerd to get few more talents to balance them selfs

25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

So spheres of power expanded volume 2 is on the horizon since every sphere gonna nerd to get few more talents to balance them selfs
    News to me? And I'm a writer.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.Gibson View Post
    News to me? And I'm a writer.
    lets cut to the chase shall we until some one brew unlimited blade works for creation and time accel for time sphere we can go lot more volumes for the expansion books and creation can use a second book to expend much material for possible?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

lets cut to the chase shall we until some one brew unlimited blade works for creation and time accel for time sphere we can go lot more volumes for the expansion books and creation can use a second book to expend much material for possible?
    Honestly. You're starting to get annoying with this. The Creation book pretty much already has Unlimited Blade Works as an Armorist archetype. And the authors are not required to create your favorite anime techniques in their various books. So please stop demanding it from them.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

lets cut to the chase shall we until some one brew unlimited blade works for creation
    But that's exactly what the Lingchi Warrior does!

And DDS is under ZERO obligation to make anything for you. Though considering the existence of the new Destruction sphere Apocrypha, we may end up seeing more of these tiny 10 or so talent "books" for various spheres.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Though considering the existence of the new Destruction sphere Apocrypha, we may end up seeing more of these tiny 10 or so talent "books" for various spheres.
    Wait, what? A secondary Destruction sphere? For those like I who missed this, care to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Wait, what? A secondary Destruction sphere? For those like I who missed this, care to explain?
    It's like I said, a new, very small additional book for Destruction.

...You didn't think it was a new sphere named Apocrypha did you?

Look here.