New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Murder At Hogwarts

Hey, people who know what I did other than visit the Library. I found some stuff that you might want to know.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Ramsus Sr wakes up from his nap and bumps into Eggel and offers a brief apology before inviting thematthew to have a chat and some tea.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2016-11-29 at 04:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

"Looks like some people aren't even paying lip service to the teaching deal. It's not like the students are gong to teach themselves"

[OOC]
    Also, lex as deputy seems like a horrible idea given they've already got the boost from the first lynch. Centralising power that much when some banes block non-kill abilities for days and high magic gives them extra influence on the lynch seems problematic at this stage of the game.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2016-11-28 at 06:20 AM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A rather dusty armchair slowly reverts back to being professor (the)Matthew, before joining Ramsus Sr for tea. Being careful to not run into Tom the Mime.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Disc Lorde slumps down in his chair exhausted, his top hat askew. "Bah, half the students these days can't even hold a wand the right way. Nothing at all like the old days. Say what you will about that muggle-loving fool Dumbledore, at least when he was in charge the professors ran a tight ship." He nods at the Russian-sounding wizard igordragonian. "See, now, you've got the right idea. I welcome allies such as yourself in restoring this school to it's former glory. Now, I think that Murska fellow over there needs to be the first to go. Shirking his professorial duties like he's been, who knows what he's been up to, 'cept that it hasn't been educating young witches and wizards. What say you?"

He turns briefly towards the strangely expressive mime and nods vigorously in agreement. "Very well spoken. Let someone else have a go."
    Last edited by Disc Lorde; 2016-11-28 at 05:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

"It only seems right that the ones most dedicated to teaching take the lead in these meetings, like igordragonian and orbital panic. Speaking of people not teaching, I wonder what Elenna was up to all day"
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2016-11-28 at 06:35 AM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

The nameless professor rests his wand on the table beside him.

'I know, it's completely shameful, there's barely enough students signing up for Arithmancy for a full class for each year, it seems that if it doesn't kill people or get you girls students these days aren't interested.' The professor looks around the room for any reactions. 'Anyway, Murska seems trustworthy, not the kind of guy who'd steal from the library, but I can't say the same for this Fleeing Coward, sounds like they'd run off as soon as everything turned against them.'
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Really, Disc Lorde? I signed up to be a Death Eater, not to teach half-wits. There's spies and assassins on the loose and you believe we should waste our time instead of finding them and stringing them up from the highest tower in the castle?

Speaking of stringing up traitors, I'm rather willing to assist... Murska.
    Last edited by Murska; 2016-11-28 at 07:54 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

A haughty-looking professor glances up from a worn-out book with a faded cover.

I'd say the best deputy would be one that spent the whole day teaching - clearly, they didn't have anything better to do and are therefore not dangerous. igordragonian has already been mentioned.

Ramsus, I saw you sneaking out of the library last night. What do you need spellbooks for that you don't want us to know about?
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"The Dark Lord dies once and suddenly nobody is teaching, actually now that I've said it that makes a lot more sense." The absentminded professor pauses. "Well I suppose then that the I'm sure reasonable actions of Murska more than qualify him for the job. In the meantime, Lex-Kat gets chosen to be deputy and several professors end up dead."
    Last edited by OrbitalPanic; 2016-11-29 at 10:22 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh, indeed. If I had not gone to the library to make sure what books have been stolen I would have spent my whole day teaching as well....." Seeming quite honest, the goateed Professor still aborts his sentence a bit.
    "Well I still think we should organise at the very least a squadron to protect the fonts of knowledge that is the library. Hence I Suggest we clarify who is for or against before voting a deputee...]
    But his look said that he wanted the ominously non-teaching and hence eminently suspicious professors gone....
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Ramsus Sr gives a cold stare at the man interrupting his tea to interrogate him about books. Then he just goes back to talking with the man across from him.

13. - Top - End - #133

I quite agree; that IgorDragonian fellow seems more than dedicated enough to handle the responsibilities of being our deputy.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

The young man grabs at the chessboard and slams it on the table with a flourish, looking around to see who that may have woken up. A grim frown lines his face as he directs one of his pawns to move.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If night kills are happening this fast, we need everyone on board.
    I don't have the time to check right now, but do we have an idea of everyone who hasn't posted since Night 0?
    Queen's Pawn to D6, Eternist.

"Up and at'em you good for nothing sons of a Squibb! Our brothers and sisters are falling around us and you can't even raise your eyes to see their body hit the floor? I'm looking at you Garraban. You would rather a toad like Generic Guy have the power while your finger still points at a fallen comrade? At least ImperatorV seems to be keeping an eye out."
    Last edited by flatfooted; 2016-11-29 at 07:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Hmm, I'm getting a little lost. Well, Murska, and Ramsus for today.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Chevo!?" Proffesor Igor spat with shock. "You vant me be in charge because I am doing my damn job? Our working morale really should get better! Da!" he slammed the table.
    "ve start punish someone randomly, just to raise the working code morale! Eleena! Come here to receive your punishment!"

"But just doing the job, isn't enough. I would offer Disce Lord."
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I hope you all will forgive me for not teaching today. The siren call of potion-making is rather difficult to ignore. It's also difficult to ignore missing ingredients from the Potion's Closet. Any comment, Disc Lorde?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

@Phantom: Mind being lost at someone else's expense?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Show
    TomtheMime is right, best not to consolidate power in Lex-Kat's hands. Murska, for the bandwagon, and also because he was willing to put out something publicly; I've figured out what he meant, and I think some of you have too.

((Vote Murska for deputy :D ))
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Disc Lorde looks askance at Eggel. "Sure, I have a comment. At least the Potions Closet is well-stocked, whatever other deficiencies this institution may have. Plenty to spare, so I took some to further my efforts to bring glory to this school, like I told everyone I would. Are you really going to kill me for that? Maybe you should go after that Elenna lady. She seems as good a start as any. I have revised my opinion of Murska based on him speaking up and others vouching for his activities."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

'It is truly a sad day at Hogwarts when the potion's closet is better stocked than the library. At this rate we're all going to be teaching potions by the end of the year.'
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

22. - Top - End - #142

"Dragonian, my dear friend, you're missing the point. I haven't voted for you simply because you're doing your job; I did so because, while you were busy doing your job, you weren't scheming to slaughter your fellow professors. I can hardly be as confident with most of the others."

He gave his fellow professor a reassuring smile, before pacing the floor once again.
    Last edited by Strigon; 2016-11-28 at 06:24 PM.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Found some issues with the class report, fixed it.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Professor Samuels, with a travel cloak wrapped tightly around her and wind-blown hair, stumbles into the room and collapses into an armchair.
    "It's windy out there! I do find it suspicious that there was such carnage after we elected Lex-Kat. Murska, I hope you can do a better job."
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

I've changed my mind regarding Disc Lorde and will therefore vote Elenna.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

"While I am rather suspicious of this turn of events, I suppose that it is better for us to band together in the face of adversity. Murska seems as good a choice as any, though I am somewhat skeptical of The Phantom."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eternis View Post
    Fenway Moss
    chuckled, his voice booming as he patted his stomach. "I just visited the kitchens, and goodness are the meals fortifying. I feel full of vim and vigor, my dear witches and wizards." His face was warm and glowing, his jovial mood obvious in his red cheeks. "Mmm... I can still taste that rum cake..."

Letting out a satisfied sigh, he grabbed Lex(-kat)i's arm. "M'dear, you look like you could do with some feeding up. Just like that Disc Lorde lad. Far too skinny for my liking."

Lexi lets out a squeak as she is grabbed unexpectedly. She nods her head vigorously at the mention of eating, then quickly begins shaking it no. "Oh, no, no, no. We pixies... ahum! I mean female humans, of course, enjoy having a slim figure with little to no fat, in the wrong places."

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalPanic View Post
    "The Dark Lord dies once and suddenly nobody is teaching, actually now that I've said it that makes a lot more sense." The absentminded professor pauses. "Well I suppose then that the I'm sure reasonable actions of Murska more than qualify him for the job. In the meantime, Lex-Kat gets chosen to be deputy and several professors end up dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Socks View Post
    Professor Samuels, with a travel cloak wrapped tightly around her and wind-blown hair, stumbles into the room and collapses into an armchair.
    "It's windy out there! I do find it suspicious that there was such carnage after we elected Lex-Kat. Murska, I hope you can do a better job."
    "What the...! You think it's easy being the deputy?" Lexi begins to float off her feet, then grabs the badge and tosses harshly at Murska. "Here, take it! I didn't want it anyway!" She then flies off to her room, locking the door behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    [OOC]Also, lex as deputy seems like a horrible idea given they've already got the boost from the first lynch. Centralizing power that much when some banes block non-kill abilities for days and high magic gives them extra influence on the lynch seems problematic at this stage of the game.
    Show
    Deputy Vote- No longer Bandwagon-ing that Lexi.
    Death Vote- Disc Lorde, again due to the fact that he doesn't understand the wizarding economy in the slightest.

Seriously though I just copied and pasted my previous chat and couldn't be bothered changing votes

Edit- My vote for deputy changed due to some good points.

OoC: Don't listen to Tom the Mime. Sheesh. I mean, look at him. What kind of Mime talks this much?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2016-11-29 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to vote for Tom.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

...Is there actually any reasoning for the bandwagon on me?

I like the point about not consolidating power. For the same reason I'm not going to vote for someone who got a lot of magic from teaching classes. "pokes at class report" Eggel seems like as good a candidate as anyone? I'd vote for Murska as deputy since he's apparently investigating and not just voting randomly, but that seems to involve lynching me and I'd rather not encourage that.

I'm not a huge fan of any of the arguments presented for lynchee, but Ramsus, any comments on why you chose to steal books?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

((Because spellbooks are useful and apparently I knew I would waste all my Day activities searching for secret rooms that don't exist? I've answered your question now. Please vote for someone else.))

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey Garraban, you've been oddly today, despite having the time to avoid teaching classes.

Edit: Upon review of D1 it seems Qwanch has been quieter.
    Last edited by OrbitalPanic; 2016-11-29 at 11:59 AM.