New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Murder At Hogwarts

A lone finger materializes through the floor.
    Without the rest of the hand, it's impossible to tell for sure which one it is, but an educated guess can be made under the circumstances.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Making a public announcement at a player's request: Banes that are applied while a previous bane is still active are blocked by the previous bane. This will not be the case in later version of the game, but it will remain the rule for the remainder of the current game. I will be doing my best to stick by this.
    Yeah, I thought this was obvious. They'd be way too powerful otherwise.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Going to begin compiling things in about 12 hours or so. A number of people need to clarify something or other in their QT, as mentioned in the notes I've left there. Thank you for your cooperation, everybody, I know the game's a tad complicated.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Couple more public rules announcements, one requested and one that probably should've come out earlier:

1) Inner Circle cannot become Voldemort.

2) You can't cast the same spell more than twice per night. So, if you had 10 books, and wanted to cast Herbalism on three separate people at lvl 3, you could only cast it on two of them, and you'd have to use the 3 remaining books on some other spell. This has come up often (or is expected to come up) enough that it warrants mentioning publicly.

End Of Night 3

The night is quite an active one, with more and more spells being cast in every nook and cranny of the school to try and figure something out. Peeves makes an almost constant nuisance of himself, frustrating the efforts of many professors...but doing little to stop the veritable flood of death sweeping the halls. Come morning, many professors are exhausted - and two are dead.

The students are getting quite worried, as are their parents - there are far fewer faces in the Great Hall at breakfast, and during classes throughout the day. It seems Hogwarts has become a battleground instead of a school once more...

flatfooted is dead. They were an Order Member expert on Care of Magical Creatures.

OrbitalPanic is dead. They were an Inner Circle Member expert on Care of Magical Creatures.

Day Three begins, and will end in ~48-72 hours. Please set your four day actions in.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

The young man stumbles through the common room, blood staining both his robes and the floor behind him. "You're all fools!" he cries, blood shining brightly on his lips."This is the end that await all of you Death Eater scum. You just wait unti-" A hacking cough steals the rest of his words as he crumples to the floor. Weakly he raises his head a final time. "After all, there are things so much worse than death."

Good luck!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, this is annoying, I thought I had got in good and early last night phase. Oh well, I can make up for it now.

also, flatfooted, maybe you should have rolled better initiative

'Well this is awkward.' The young professor mutters as he enters the great hall for breakfast. 'I was doing a sweep of the common rooms in case any of the students had been corrupted by the order, and I think one of the staff was getting a little overzealous in their pursuit of a student.' He makes a motion to the cart outside the door, containing the body of flatfooted. 'On the plus side he was an order member, and this is just the sort of immoral behaviour I'd expect from them, but if you'll excuse me I need to know if someone else can bury the body before the remaining students arrive? The house elves have gone on strike and so I have to wake the students up by banging a few hundred pots and pans myself.' With that the nameless professor turns around and leaves the hall.

Show
    Yeah, sorry that it's probably not what you were intending flatfooted, but all I could think of was my character entering one of the house common rooms and finding your dead body.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    I'm dead, so I wasn't expecting much of anything. Just a little flavor for me going away.
    But thanks for the shout out!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

"How noisy." Igor grumbled.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes, this houselves become more problematic from day to day, but at least the kitchen is still working. Exept of the Pots and Pans, please put them back when you are done." The Caretaker took out his wand and picked the flatfooted wizzard up. "I will put him to the other, we will burry them after this chaos is resolved." The body disapeared in thin air. "If someone seeks me, i am at the libary..."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

With a disgusted Sigh the moderately Evil looking Professor, who seemed a little bit less styled this morning, stood up. "Thats it. Enough is enough, we need to get to the bottom of this. Especially find out how a simple nuiseance like Peeves manages to cause this much havoc. I am going to the Library as well, and I implore you all to not split up too much and to stay sharp. Well except any Order Members of course, you dullards can go jump from the Astronomy Tower...:"

And with that he leaves towards the Library.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Day Three Ends

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    1 Anonymouswizard
    4 Black Socks
    2 Disc Lorde
    0 Duneyrr
    4 Eggel
    2 Elenna
    0 Eternis
    2 Fleeing Coward
    4 Garraban
    2 Generic-Guy
    1 GrayDeath
    2 igordragonian
    1 ImperatorV
    4 Lex-Kat
    0 Murska
    3 Sniccups
    2 TBFProgrammer
    0 thematthew
    1 Tom the Mime

All library books were returned (including the ones borrowed by OrbitalPanic, which were fetched by some house elves). Generic-Guy, GrayDeath, and Eggel borrowed library books.

Meeting Four begins, and will end in ~72 hours.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-12-17 at 11:55 PM.

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The professor returns. But there's something different about her. Something that gives of an aura of darkness. Something.... sinister.
    That something, of course, is her hair, which is now dyed blue.

"Hi. Sorry I've been gone for a while. I've been catching up on midterms.
    Anyways. The poor phantomy professor who was lynched. Wasn't it Disc Lorde who accused him in the first place?
    And GrayDeath has the right idea. The library is the best place to go when you want to solve problems."
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Based on information I have obtained, I can safely state that the remaining order members should be:
    Lex-Kat, igordraconian, and Murska.

Fun fact Murska, our tested and seal approved diviner scried you as just a diviner. Care to explain how that's a thing when you aren't, in fact, a member of the Inner Circle.

Oh, an thematthew is a great choice for deputy, especially since he's willing to put his money where his mouth is and say that if he's wrong about any of these people he'll vote to self lynch or whatever the group decides he should tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Proffesor Igor grumbled.
    "You sure enjoy throwing around wild guesses."
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    Based on information I have obtained, I can safely state that the remaining order members should be:
    Lex-Kat, igordraconian, and Murska.

Fun fact Murska, our tested and seal approved diviner scried you as just a diviner. Care to explain how that's a thing when you aren't, in fact, a member of the Inner Circle.

Oh, an thematthew is a great choice for deputy, especially since he's willing to put his money where his mouth is and say that if he's wrong about any of these people he'll vote to self lynch or whatever the group decides he should tomorrow.
    That would be because I am a member of the Order.

Well then, Death Eaters. Here we are. Time to make a choice - which of the Circle or the Order is better equipped to save your skin. Because that's what you care about, isn't it?

thematthew is a member of the Inner Circle. Murska is a member of the Order. The Inner Circle has three remaining members, every one of which we know. The Order have five remaining members, one of which they know. Those who vote with us are given immunity from nightkills unless scried as Voldemort himself - I am one of the two Diviners we have, so if you lynch me we will have less chances to scry and therefore we need to kill more people at random, which lowers your chance of survival. Those who vote off-wagon are immune from nightkills until we have gone through everyone who did vote for us. Those who vote to kill us are under high suspicion of being the Dark Lord himself, and will be killed without mercy.

We have nothing against those of you who've been coerced into this business and only want to live. Work with us and you will survive. The Inner Circle does not have the manpower nor the time to go hunting for 'traitors', their only goal is to defeat us, while we do have a reason to kill specifically amongst those who aren't IC and still try to fight us.

Any substantial aid to our cause will be rewarded by free Banes and items as necessary.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Time to make a choice - which of the Circle or the Order is better equipped to save your skin. Because that's what you care about, isn't it?
    Well, the Inner Circle has no reason to kill us (unlike you) and they're winning too. After all, how many times has Voldemort died? This is going to continue until The Order is gone or Voldemort has died thrice. Saving our skin is about ending the conflict. Sure, you currently have more influence, but if you don't start hitting Voldemort soon, the best way for us to survive is for you to die.

You want death eater assistance, prove you can win without taking scores of us with you. Kill Voldemort. Until you do so, you can count on me (at least) refusing any offer of yours that would put me at odds with the Inner Circle.

Of course, actually attacking you would be suicidal as you're strong enough that you can easily retaliate. So, Eternis gets both my votes. Other death eaters who didn't just wake up from a long slumber <I just replaced Qwanch> may have friends who can protect them and may be more bold.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2016-12-15 at 07:41 PM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Well, the Inner Circle has no reason to kill us (unlike you) and they're winning too. After all, how many times has Voldemort died? This is going to continue until The Order is gone or Voldemort has died thrice. Saving our skin is about ending the conflict. Sure, you currently have more influence, but if you don't start hitting Voldemort soon, the best way for us to survive is for you to die.

You want death eater assistance, prove you can win without taking scores of us with you. Kill Voldemort. Until you do so, you can count on me (at least) refusing any offer of yours that would put me at odds with the Inner Circle.

Of course, actually attacking you would be suicidal as you're strong enough that you can easily retaliate. So, Eternis gets both my votes. Other death eaters who didn't just wake up from a long slumber <I just replaced Qwanch> may have friends who can protect them and may be more bold.
    Well, you might notice that after the first night, the Order has killed exactly zero Death Eaters while the Inner Circle has killed several. This is because we believe in targeted attacks.

If the Death Eaters support the Order and the Inner Circle wins, the Death Eaters win. No problems there. If the Death Eaters support the Inner Circle, however, the Order will have to kill a fair bunch of Death Eaters in a bid to win by luck instead of by finding Voldy and killing him, which means those Death Eaters do not win.

Since the Inner Circle wants to hide Voldy in as many players as possible and all Death Eaters want to live, it is not in any of their interest to use any killing spells on anyone except the Order. Therefore, no matter what Death Eaters vote, they are not under any threat from anyone except the Order. But if they help the Order, they're not under threat from the Order either. Therefore, the best solution to those who want to live is to stay neutral or help the Order, thus avoiding being targeted by anyone. Voldemort, who wants to pose as a Death Eater, can either help hunt himself down by not targeting the Order or target the Order and get himself killed.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

<.<

>.>

Excuse the following meme, but

THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

The man in green robes steps up, speaking to the assembled Witches and Wizards and raising his arms to the crowd. In one hand, he grips a long, black wand - in the other, he grips some small object.

"I understand the desire for a strong leader, and the draw to follow such a leader when one appears. I understand the wish to live life amidst the winners, when choices are few. Not everyone can sacrifice their life for a futile cause, some of us have families, lovers, ambitions and hopes. Yet choosing the lesser evil and bowing your head to scrape by, hoping the storm passes, is a strategy that does not work in this particular case. Generally, it would, but we are dealing with a dark wizard who has made himself the focal point of the nation, and also partaken of rituals that extend his life indefinitely unless it is cut short by force - rituals he will not share with any of you. This storm will not pass by waiting. Voldemort has killed more of his own than he has killed his enemies, and given how unstable he is, this will only get worse. There will be rebels until there are no longer enough people alive in the Wizarding Community to hide amidst.

You have, in the long term, this one chance to stop him so you can live. Otherwise, one day, he will come for you and nobody will speak up for your sake. He is hiding now, for he has not the strength to face us and he knows he is vulnerable. But he grows in strength so long as he goes unopposed.

If it is but a chance, is not a chance to live better than waiting for a certain doom some days, weeks, maybe months in the future? I am sure you all know that the Wizarding Community is too small to survive the kinds of losses we are taking, that we risk the extinction of our entire way of life and the loss of all the good Magic has ever done for us and our kin. If there is something you care for, even your own selves, the only option is to halt the march of unending death and destruction spread by our enemy. For if he is not stopped, he will not stop."

Lest master be he of thy fate
    With crumbling stone and blowing gale
    Fear not the wind but pass the gate
    And show your soul is not for sale
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Or, you could realize that your best chance is to kill the three remaining order members because whenever Voldemort dies one of you becomes him. Also, the Inner Circle has not fired off any kill spells, because we have no reason to. The vaunted Order is exactly who I say they are, and lynching Lex will prove it. Don't listen to Murska, he thinks nobody can be as smart as him because his ego is fed by the community. Inner Circle was given the chance to choose to win like a regular Death Eater, or to win with Voldemort and get bonuses. I chose myself, so we I for one won't win by hiding Voldemort. I am literally throwing away victory myself to give more people a win.

Murska can't find Voldemort by scrying, it doesn't work that way. He, Lex, and Igor will throw kill spells into the crowd just like they have been the whole game. And we became Death Eaters because we don't want to live in a world ruled by Muggle lovers and Mud-Bloods. Kill the order, and save the wizarding world for our children. So they can oppress Mud-Bloods like Murska.

Also, kill Murska last. It's funnier this way.

21. - Top - End - #261

The haughty professor sneers at Murska's speech. The Dark Lord has power. The only thing that really matters in this world. All you're accomplishing is making your little order easier to find - and kill.

Spoiler: Votes
    Show
    Lex-Kat and Thematthew
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Or, you could realize that your best chance is to kill the three remaining order members because whenever Voldemort dies one of you becomes him. Also, the Inner Circle has not fired off any kill spells, because we have no reason to. The vaunted Order is exactly who I say they are, and lynching Lex will prove it. Don't listen to Murska, he thinks nobody can be as smart as him because his ego is fed by the community. Inner Circle was given the chance to choose to win like a regular Death Eater, or to win with Voldemort and get bonuses. I chose myself, so we I for one won't win by hiding Voldemort. I am literally throwing away victory myself to give more people a win.

Murska can't find Voldemort by scrying, it doesn't work that way. He, Lex, and Igor will throw kill spells into the crowd just like they have been the whole game. And we became Death Eaters because we don't want to live in a world ruled by Muggle lovers and Mud-Bloods. Kill the order, and save the wizarding world for our children. So they can oppress Mud-Bloods like Murska.

Also, kill Murska last. It's funnier this way.
    Hey. Let's not go to personal insults, okay? Bad form, it's just a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    The haughty professor sneers at Murska's speech. The Dark Lord has power. The only thing that really matters in this world. All you're accomplishing is making your little order easier to find - and kill.

Spoiler: Votes
    Show
    Lex-Kat and Thematthew
    "What is power? The ability to effect change according to your values. The Dark Lord has power, and his values do not coincide with any of ours, therefore he has the ability and will to effect change away from what all of us here would consider good. This is why he must fall."

By the way, someone explain to me how I couldn't find Voldemort by scrying? I get to know a person's specialties, spellbooks and the powers they used in the night, therefore I get to know whether or not they have Voldy's +1 to everything.
    Last edited by Murska; 2016-12-15 at 11:27 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

How's about the fact that the Dark Lord's power isn't a specialty, and you don't get the strength of the spells they cast just how many. It's really easy to not use all of your spellbooks after all.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

How's about the fact that the Dark Lord's power isn't a specialty, and you don't get the strength of the spells they cast just how many. It's really easy to not use all of your spellbooks after all.
    So either the Dark Lord has to hide and not do as much as they could just in case they might get scried, or they have to risk being caught by a scry. And even then, they're locked out of a large amount of spells that can't be cast without a specialty without his power.

If it turns out mr. Voldy is willing to make it impossible for him to defeat us by force and hopes we'll alienate our supporters, we'll simply have trustworthy people steal all the spellbooks from everyone except one, order everyone to use that one on a specific spell and then check the results to calculate who had the extra power.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

A wail goes through the school that sounds suspiciously like Peeves.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

The caretacker did go a few steps to the middle of the room. " I realy considered to aid the order, it is a lline of tougth the most of us would probably got for a moment. BUT!"
    He summoned a chair to place himself more or less central between the Green-Clothed and the Circle-Member.
    "But, my dear Deatheater, Ordermember, every Wizzard in this castle...
    We got a problem. The Circle has to chose on chady advice and unclear scrys to find people who doesn't focused to get as much knowgledge to teach as a single mind should bear.
    (aka only one specialety)
    The Order, on the other hand, got to chose randomly Deatheaters until they killed the dark lord. And as far as i understood the books and my profession as teacher of defence against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration, they need to do this multible times.
    The dark lord... No... Voldemort, got the same objectiv as i belive everyone here got. Surviving this slaugther betwen the Order and the Circle. Unlike us, he got more than one try."

The caretaker lend over to the tables, grabbing a glas of wine.
    [COLOR="#696969"]"So i am forced to chose a fraction in a war, in that i still could become a valid target to both sides. [/COLOR]TBFProgrammer, you've got my voice for deputy. Who should die today is still open to me."
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2016-12-17 at 01:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

Lex-Kat and TheMatthew

Any Death Eater who supports the Order is a complete and utter fool:
    The Order can only win by eliminating Voldemort 3 times.
    Voldemort can only possess us Death Eaters.
    Therefore, The Order has to kill us in order to win.

This isn't even close to a hard choice.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2016-12-16 at 01:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Please don't kill Lex-Kat, she has no idea why TheMatthew is accusing her of being an Order Member.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

29. - Top - End - #269

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Please don't kill Lex-Kat, she has no idea why TheMatthew is accusing her of being an Order Member.
    You're still voting for a confirmed Inner Circle member. If you're actually just a DE then you'd have no problems voting for Murska would you? He's openly admitting to been an Order member.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

FC, we only have to kill 3 people, only 2 of which are Death Eaters. That's less than 15% odds for you to end up dead with our strategy, compared to about 50% otherwise assuming we manage to kill 1-2 people per night at random and you get one of us every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what is with this place and constant personal insults. I don't recall GitP having a community like this.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show