New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Help finding some Dragon Magazine content (3.5)

So a bit ago I was playing a low level campaign where we were playing an adventure from dragon magazine that the DM lost as his notes files got corrupted. The adventure had somethibg about this guy Valak who was a 7th or 8th level wizard in a fortress in ruins along with some Kobolds. IIRC the name of the adventure was something like "The chase of Valak" or something along those lines. Anyone know in what Dragon magazine it is in?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Help finding some Dragon Magazine content (3.5)

There were very few adventures in Dragon Magazine, do you mean Dungeon Magazine? I can't find anything with the info you've given. Any thing else you remember?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Have you checked the DragonDex?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ComaVision View Post
    There were very few adventures in Dragon Magazine, do you mean Dungeon Magazine? I can't find anything with the info you've given. Any thing else you remember?
    I'm pretty sure it was Dragon Magazine but it's worth a check on Dungeon Magazine. I also remember there was a carrion crawler just by the entrance under a rotten door, that when you just entered the castle yard there were around 10 kobolds and our DM accidentally got ahead of time and said something about there being an Ooze in there.

Edit: Pretty sure it also said that it was for characters levels 3-5. If it somehow helps we know that the caster can cast Wall of Fire as his only 4th level spell.

2nd Edit: I just checked the link troaccitd sent and I did not find the guy at all and it only includes dragon magazine so it must be in dungeon magazine like you said

3rd Edit: Found it, it was indeed on Dungeon magazine but I think our DM just said the wrong name. It was bargle not valak
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2016-11-04 at 12:19 AM.