Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,086 of 1086
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: Mass Effect Andromeda: To Boldly Go

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    So how have people been building their Ryders? I'm going through the original trilogy with a Sniper Sentinel Shepard (who doesn't love alliteration?), but I'm not quite sure how I want to build Ryder to be different from Shepard.
    Running around as a vanguard with as much melee damage boosts as I can get my hands on. That plus an Asari Sword lets me zip around the battlefield taking on massive groups of enemies on Hardcore without too much difficulty. The only issue with the build is with tough enemies that have one shot capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Welp. Liam's loyalty mission has amply demonstrated why I never take him anywhere. Vetra and Jaal are much more... sane.

On the plus side, Ryder did get to channel her inner Han Solo at one point, so there's that.
    Yeah, I'm really not a fan of Liam anymore. I haven't done his Loyalty mission yet but every time I talk to him he gets just a little more annoying to me. His little quest on Aya was pretty much the last straw. Ill do his loyalty mission just to see it but that's pretty much the last time hell be on my team.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    So how have people been building their Ryders? I'm going through the original trilogy with a Sniper Sentinel Shepard (who doesn't love alliteration?), but I'm not quite sure how I want to build Ryder to be different from Shepard.
    I've been focusing on my main combo, passive abilities, and whatever catches my fancy so I can try it out... About to respec though to have not wasted so many points...
    Technically I'd be Sniper Sentinal Shepard as well, since I do most of my work with a Indra/Raptor and some sort of assault rifle for when I don't have the opportunity to be far away from the people with grenades and miniguns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

Shift work is FUn. Don't let anyone tell you otherwi- *Snoring*

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Vanguard Ryder, all the way. Using Charge and Nova, and tentatively Annihilation. But really Charge and Nova are enough for normal. Am I taking damage? Charge a dude, then shotgun to the face. Using the... Dahn? Andromeda, shoots a homing plasma ball. It's not quite enough to one-shot fodder (V), but companions will generally give them the scratch to finish them off. Using the one-shot Andromedan sniper rifle and the basic assault rifle for range and/or running out of bullets, but I'm gonna switch to the Black Widow and the Valkyrie respectively.

If you want to grind out chit-chat in the nomad, HC-047 is excellent. In addition to clearly hearing everything because it's in a vacuum and thus super quiet, there's no enemies running around to attack the Nomad. You also get to play with funky low gravity physics and can hear comrades cheer when you get sick air and swear when you're running at full speed toward the bottomless chasms.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Cold Snap avatar by kpenguin, her GM.

Full pic:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Colossus in the Playground

Engineer Ryder, full caster with a turret pet. I'm going to get the Incinerate evolution that both sets and primes detonations, so that both of my main skills (Overload and Incinerate) can be used in any order to combo.

I also got a Krogan Engineer in a MP lootbox with the exact same skills my Ryder is focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

I kind of wish the Loyalty missions had been spread out a bit more throughout the game instead of having them all get dumped on me along with a half a dozen other missions once I reached a certain point on the main questline. The prior two main questline steps only unlocked 1-2 new quests for me so it felt pretty overwhelming when I got back onto my ship and had just way too much to do.

also regarding the Kett:
    Spoiler: Kett
    Show
    All I have to say is really? It's the Reapers all over again. They may not have the same end goal but their methods are pretty much the same. What the Kett do is Indoctrination all over again, you would think they would come up with something a little less similar at least. On top of that they both require other races to procreate and use other races to add diversity to their own race.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Hey, guess what?

Bioware can't even dub their own game right. (Memory 2 has incorrect subtitles right at the end.)
    I mean, it's not like they have the script or anything.

Edit
    Ok, just respecked.

My 'Main' power set I call 'Crowd Cleared', a Area specked Overload, Incinerate and Bolt, with the final bolt evolution being the spam at cost of shields, so I can set up and detonate two explosions in a row, or as many as are covered in my set ups (2 2m radius and 5 chained respectively). Sentinal 3 means the explosions are deadly, loosing my shields isn't too bad, and I can launch more bolts than normal.

The second set is 'Make my own companions', mid level Remnant AI and Combat Turret, as well as a durration/cooldown specked Tac-Cloak for reviving everyone while having distracitons... Or for fighting single boss creatures, in which case distractions are nice. Engineer is the set up so all the powers activate soonest, and the constructs are as useful as possible.

The rest of my points went into Barrier, Tech Support and Fitness, to keep me tough, because enemies focus on me to the exclusion of everyone else, because I can't just be revived, thoguh it'd be cool if I took over my companions to continue the fight/try to revive myself... I had one point left over that I put into Assault rifles instead of saving, because why not.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; Today at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

Shift work is FUn. Don't let anyone tell you otherwi- *Snoring*