New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,447 of 1447
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: Mass Effect Andromeda: To Boldly Go

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Don't submachine guns fill that niche in 2 and 3, rendering AR kind of obsolete? And I thought Tech Armor was mandatory for Sentinels in both 2 and 3...
    Tech armor is only really mandatory for playstyle with Sentinels. If you want to get up close and personal with Sentinels thats really the only playstyle that needs it where you focus more on mobility and gunplay. It's actually a detriment to full caster Sentinels who use Warp and Overload a lot. For those I would recommend actively avoiding it due to how cooldowns work in ME2 and due to the large cooldown penalty it gives in ME3 .

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon View Post
    As an absolutely stupid question though, how do I hover with the jet pack? I as a rule don't bother since I happen to prefer assault rifles.
    Use the aim function on your gun while midair.
    Last edited by Inarius; 2017-04-16 at 09:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Decided to replay without new game plus.
    I kept to the Deep Space armor which meant I was pretty damn close to the soft level cap of 80 at which point enemies get harder and you don't get stronger. I can get the challenge I want from Insanity methinks. Also means I won't feel hemmed in keeping to my old weapon choices (Not great) instead of going with new ones based on guides and research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Must have missed that one.
    There's an inn out in the Badlands called "Charybdis Point." They have suspiciously ready access to clean water compared to their neighbors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turns out they murdered some nearby Angara - sabotaged their water filters so they ended up drinking sulfuric acid, and stole the designs.

But when you read the Angaran victim's logs, it seems like they were profiteering off of the exiles at Charybdis Point - including refusing to sell the design specs for their filters, and worrying that if the Milky Way residents ever figured out how to filter the water, they wouldn't need to buy from the victim anymore.

In short, ********s all around. But merely mentioning this to the Turian running the inn is enough for him and his crew to attack, so that's one way of sidestepping a genuine moral dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on Kadara after you finished it. I'm not exactly thrilled by any of the outcomes, but I think I chose the one I'd be most happy with.
    I did everything on the checklist but my "date" with Reyes so it won't be long.

With the 50th page on the horizon, should the next thread be a General ME thread or Andromeda-specific? And what should we call it?
    When a game was "active" we've always named the thread after that one, but I'm happy just having it be "Mass Effect" as well. I even linked to all the older threads in the OP so we can keep the numbering going if we want.

Sorry, missed your earlier edit:

Don't submachine guns fill that niche in 2 and 3, rendering AR kind of obsolete? And I thought Tech Armor was mandatory for Sentinels in both 2 and 3...
    I'd say SMGs are closer to Shotguns in functionality than to ARs. Their range tends to be terrible, they're better with shields and barriers than armor, and they can't carry some long-range friendly mods like thermal scopes.

Andromeda meanwhile rolled them into the Pistol category. I've only used the one (my trusty Remnant Equalizer.)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-04-16 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ettin in the Playground

I vote Mass Effect Andromeda 2: My Face is Tired.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough, the meme is big enough that I don't think anything else would have the same punch.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    There's an inn out in the Badlands called "Charybdis Point." They have suspiciously ready access to clean water compared to their neighbors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turns out they murdered some nearby Angara - sabotaged their water filters so they ended up drinking sulfuric acid, and stole the designs.

But when you read the Angaran victim's logs, it seems like they were profiteering off of the exiles at Charybdis Point - including refusing to sell the design specs for their filters, and worrying that if the Milky Way residents ever figured out how to filter the water, they wouldn't need to buy from the victim anymore.

In short, ********s all around. But merely mentioning this to the Turian running the inn is enough for him and his crew to attack, so that's one way of sidestepping a genuine moral dilemma.
    Ah, those guys.

Spoiler
    Show
    I found the murdered peeps first, and slaughtered the the Turian and his gang without realizing they were an Inn.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

I have started the new thread here.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."