New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect Andromeda: To Boldly Go

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    Make sure it's plugged in. Turn it off, then on again. Contact customer support.

If all of that fails, you already bought the game. Just "pirate" it. They tend to actually work.
    All the customer service stuff just points me to the patches that won't download!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    All the customer service stuff just points me to the patches that won't download!
    Ding ding ding. I think you noticed the common trend with the suggestions in that line lol. Aside from being steps that should be taken in chronological order.

I bought all my games once. But the first 2 got lost, and that store interface the third one uses is a pain in the ass. It's sad when hack jobs on the net provide a better user interface than a store built by a multi(b?)illion dollar enterprise.

Clarification: by "bought all my games once" I meant, I already bought them.
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2017-01-22 at 04:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post

Any mention of if they're going with ammo or cooldowns on the guns? Because I'd expect that the old 'no ammo shots' guns would have been brought if going somewhere there might be hostiles with potentially higher technology and you might not have the ability to create new thermal clips for an unspecified amount of time. Plus I think it's unlikely that the residents of Andromeda will be convenient enough to have developed thermal clips exactly like the ones in the Milky Way. On that note, I'll be annoyed if the native species of Andromeda haven't developed unique technology.
    They are going with ammo as seen in the gameplay footage shown so far. And the Andromeda aliens have the same ammo clips as the Milk Way galaxy races it looks like.

Makes zero sense, but after ME1 they were trying more for the shooter demographic and apparently ammo is needed for that.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    They are going with ammo as seen in the gameplay footage shown so far. And the Andromeda aliens have the same ammo clips as the Milky Way galaxy races it looks like.

Makes zero sense, but after ME1 they were trying more for the shooter demographic and apparently ammo is needed for that.
    Yeah....sigh. But it's not 100% confirmed for everything. Maybe there's actual choice with regards to ammo this time around. Then again this is Bioware...but this is also Mass Effect...a spin off anyway.
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2017-01-22 at 05:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    Yeah....sigh. But it's not 100% confirmed for everything. Maybe there's actual choice with regards to ammo this time around. Then again this is Bioware...but this is also Mass Effect...a spin off anyway.
    Given ME3 had guns which did both (Though not at the same time), you may have some options for either way.

That said, they might have all been DLC/Multiplayer gated. It's been a while.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-01-22 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Does the Origin version of Mass Effect (I registered my product code from my old game with it) contain Bring Down The Sky, or will I have to get that separately (I already had Pinnacle Station from when I had it installed on my old computer)?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Spamalot in the Playground

Something I've run into...I reinstalled Mass Effect on my new computer, and the configuration utility upon launching the game keeps crashing...apparently I need to download a couple patches, but when I go to the website for the patches and try to download them, the website crashes! Now what?!
    You should probably try their official forums as there are likely to be more folks that know a way around this issue than the relative handful of us in this thread.

They are going with ammo as seen in the gameplay footage shown so far. And the Andromeda aliens have the same ammo clips as the Milk Way galaxy races it looks like.

How does it not make sense? Nearly every character in the setting is carrying around a sophisticated micro-factory on their forearm. Repurposing various scrap and other materials into heat sinks isn't that farfetched; it's not like Andromeda is based on a completely different periodic table after all, most of the same building blocks are there. (They'd better be, or we have no hope of getting around or even staying alive once our own food and fuel run out; our trip would be exceedingly short.)

Does the Origin version of Mass Effect (I registered my product code from my old game with it) contain Bring Down The Sky, or will I have to get that separately (I already had Pinnacle Station from when I had it installed on my old computer)?
    A quick google turned up this. The answer appears to be yes, the PC version of MET should include both Pinnacle Station and Bring Down The Sky.

For the record, even if it didn't, Bring Down The Sky affects nothing in ME2 and exactly one scene in ME3, the flag for which you can easily just flip in Gibbed instead.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-01-23 at 01:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

It was always free for PC users so they just wrapped it together with the ME1 download on Origin and made it a part of the base game.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

I don't see what the big deal is about ammo, really. All that really changes is the need to hit reload every once in a while. This looks more like a matter of principle to the people who complain about heat sinks, really. I'm far more worried about things I've heard about elements from the ME1 inventory returning.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is about ammo, really. All that really changes is the need to hit reload every once in a while. This looks more like a matter of principle to the people who complain about heat sinks, really. I'm far more worried about things I've heard about elements from the ME1 inventory returning.
    I maintain that Commander Shepherd's secondary MOS was Quartermaster.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

11. - Top - End - #191

Looks like if you sign up for Origin Access ($5 /mo) there will be a 10-hour preview of the game prior to launch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-before-launch
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Looks like if you sign up for Origin Access ($5 /mo) there will be a 10-hour preview of the game prior to launch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-before-launch
    That really doesn't seem worth it unless you already have a subscription.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    That really doesn't seem worth it unless you already have a subscription.
    Eh, YMMV. I think five bucks for an extra week is fine, and it comes with other free games.

Doesn't seem to be an option for Playstation players though...
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Eh, YMMV. I think five bucks for an extra week is fine, and it comes with other free games.

Doesn't seem to be an option for Playstation players though...
    It would be fine, if I wasn't actually paying money to EA, for something as shoddy as Origin. I'd feel like a moron for spending money on that

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    It would be fine, if I wasn't actually paying money to EA, for something as shoddy as Origin. I'd feel like a moron for spending money on that
    Any money you spend on the game is going to EA at some point. (That's kind of how publishing works )

Also, of all the things to hate EA for (and there are quite a lot), I think Origin hate is a bit passé. The service has come a long way, and if it never existed, Steam might never have been pressured into offering refunds. Competition is a good thing, y'know?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Gotta agree here, especially since it's enabling me to play games I can't patch normally anymore.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, are the Mass Effect comics any good? Part of me wants to pick up the Omnibus Edition to enhance my upcoming canon playthrough, but part of me worries it'll necessitate picking up the novels as well, including...*shudder*...Deception!

18. - Top - End - #198

No clue, I've never been a big "Expanded Universe" guy myself. Anything important from them usually ends up on the wiki, while the confusing, poorly-written or non-canon stuff is easy to disregard.

Having said that, I did enjoy "Blue Rose of Ilium", though that was a fan-comic IIRC.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Any money you spend on the game is going to EA at some point. (That's kind of how publishing works )

Also, of all the things to hate EA for (and there are quite a lot), I think Origin hate is a bit passé. The service has come a long way, and if it never existed, Steam might never have been pressured into offering refunds. Competition is a good thing, y'know?
    Luckily, my dislike of things is not really determined by what is currently fashionable

20. - Top - End - #200

Chimera

New Cinematic Trailer!

I'm liking the crew. We'll see how things develop.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Well, time to start scrounging change for a preorder...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    Luckily, my dislike of things is not really determined by what is currently fashionable
    *shrug*

You do you bud

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiousLeader View Post
    New Cinematic Trailer!

*salivates profusely*

I'm doing the preorder AND the early access thing!
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

I've already had my preorder in the bag for a while, but I think I'll skip the access thing. I'll just end up waiting for the Prima Guide anyway, so I don't care about a few hours of stumbling around the game not knowing what the heck I'm doing.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

You know, after ME3 I vowed not to pre-order.

The only reason I haven't yet is because I'm broke, I think the universe is doing it's best to make me keep my vow because it thinks it's funny.
    Well, I've got to upgrade my computer anyway unless I want looking at the game to give me eye cancer.

And while the 'I've got a Krogan' was cool, I had a fit at 'This is exactly why we came'... Yes, I'm certain that's true for a bunch of fans.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-01-26 at 05:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    And while the 'I've got a Krogan' was cool, I had a fit at 'This is exactly why we came'... Yes, I'm certain that's true for a bunch of fans.
    Screw the plot and gameplay - we want cheesecake!
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    You know, after ME3 I vowed not to pre-order.

The only reason I haven't yet is because I'm broke, I think the universe is doing it's best to make me keep my vow because it thinks it's funny.
    Well, I've got to upgrade my computer anyway unless I want looking at the game to give me eye cancer.

That's interesting. If the continuation of the human race is a key element of the plot. This may make the first Bioware game I actually do the romance option on purpose instead of randomly having it jump up on me like my first time playing ME.

Well, except DA2. But I'm not sure if that counts. Oh, Aveline, I wish you well with that one guy you ended up with. Whatever his name was, I think it was Genericguard McPlainface.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2017-01-26 at 06:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiousLeader View Post
    New Cinematic Trailer!

You know, the part at the beginning about that planet being "New Earth, if we're lucky" at the start and them needing to make sure it was safe immediately made me wish that this game was about just exploring a single planet and setting up a new colony there to grow it into a new homeworld for the races of the Milky Way. That sounds like it would make a pretty interesting game to me.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

We also have to think about the Asari. And the Krogan, but having sex with a krogan wouldn't help them.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    That's interesting. If the continuation of the human race is a key element of the plot. This may make the first Bioware game I actually do the romance option on purpose instead of randomly having it jump up on me like my first time playing ME.

Well, except DA2. But I'm not sure if that counts. Oh, Aveline, I wish you well with that one guy you ended up with. Whatever his name was, I think it was Genericguard McPlainface.
    Probably not a key element, but mentioned. Sleeping with Asari/Other Xeno's without contributing to the continueation of the Human race (Now approximately 20K People, +Some Arc People (I.e. The Warlord in previous trailers) - Whoever dies in the plot.) might get a mention by crew members.
    Especially if it's Asari, since you end up continuing their race as well.

That said, the Salarians will repopulate quickly, as could the Krogan depending on what sort of limiters there are on their breeding (At the very least I bet they got a toned down version of the genophage, hopefully without the dead baby piles.).

Also, unless the new arrivals have some technological advancement on everyone else, Milky Way races may end up getting absorbed by the Andromeda races due to their tiny size. I mean, Rougly 20K people*7 (Based on the trailer), welcome to sci-fi Curacao, never before heard of, and quickly destroyed the moment they annoy anyone...
    Or by random Pirates/Raiders.

Edit: I don't know the name of the Non-Ket aliens, but I bet they and the Asari both hit it off. Their bodies are a bit broader, but they're very similar, with the head tentacles and all... Lets them be in 'Big Strong Arms' without the problems associated with Turians or Krogan.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-01-26 at 06:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Grumble grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Here, it's more of an immersion thing. I wouldn't mind going back to ammo from MEA2 onwards, when there's been time to adjust to this galaxy's version of thermal clips.

Actually, if ammo is relatively rare in the tutorial missions, then we have one where we fight the native aliens for the first time, I wouldn't mind having the ammo system if the research tutorial is 'modify our guns to use Andromeda ammo'.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    We also have to think about the Asari. And the Krogan, but having sex with a krogan wouldn't help them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    having sex with a krogan
    I shall now be disappointed if there isn't a Krogan romance option.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.