1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Evils, Quests from gods no more! IC

Anoubandet

-----
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Solar 2: (d20+35)[41]
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mortis offers the outsider a rare smile, "This is surprisingly hard." He laughs quietly to himself, "I can see now why I avoided wishes in the past, the potential for mistake is huge, and even if I get it right, there's so much to choose from? Do I go for something to help with the current situation? Do I reward loyalty amongst those who follow me? Do I enhance my own power or do I weaken a foe's? Do I seek new allies...? So many options, and you say I can literally choose anything, warp all of reality to a single whim, choose any foe slain or humbled, stop any act, profane or divine, what would you do?"
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2016-12-24 at 03:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by ErebusVonMori View Post
    Mortis offers the outsider a rare smile, "This is surprisingly hard." He laughs quietly to himself, "I can see now why I avoided wishes in the past, the potential for mistake is huge, and even if I get it right, there's so much to choose from? Do I go for something to help with the current situation? Do I reward loyalty amongst those who follow me? Do I enhance my own power or do I weaken a foe's? Do I seek new allies...? So many options, and you say I can literally choose anything, warp all of reality to a single whim, choose any foe slain or humbled, stop any act, profane or divine, what would you do?"
    The Efreet's eyes raise in surpise "i have never been asked this before..... Maybe, in your situation i would wish for cosmic answers of your enemies. You down right have the power needed to defeat any foe you know the weakness of. Exactly how i would word it is, Efreet i wish for the knowledge of my enemies, the knowledge of the all fathers, the knowledge beyond death and before life, the knowledge beyond good and beyond evil, beyond law and beyond chaos. Efreet i Wish for the knowledge of My enemies greatest strengths and weakness. Or seeing you are looking for the immortality of all, i would wish for the power to grant Perfect immortality to any being you want forever as many times as you want." the Efreet eyes seem to loose some of the fiery glow in its eyes "but in my current condition the only i can wish for is freedom from the great conjurer, if i could i would wish for freedom."

Anou

your Spells fly to The fallen angel but before as you are casting the spell you hear a voice in your head Hes mine now, you are just like the gods you dispese the most, trying to gain power of those weaker then themselves. well now that is over, the group that i have made will now be my enemy. You will burn in the hell for 666,666 millennia. And then and only then will you b allowed to advance as a devil. I the Prince of the Tandem will destroy the Epic evils then i will kill the gods. I posses this body not as the control but as an ally to the vessel, the hatred in his heart and mind is stronger than any spell you are capable of. The second solar that went to grapple The fallen touches him and starts to Burn with a hellish flame immediately after, your spells fly to Daemon and as there flying through the air the disintegrate as they enter the anti-magic field around him.

You see a sinister glow that you had never seen in Daemons eyes, he smiles a sinister smile and says with a voice of three, himself Tandems and a Powerful devil "Good luck getting to me ""master"" Hope you die before you get to me, but if you do you will regret it."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    when he activated the rod it does Reverie of Nessus around him and does an effect equivalent to Mephistopheles’s Flames of hell ability in the Fiendish codex II
    Also Knowledge the planes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappeercraft
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

4. - Top - End - #124

NecromancerGuy

"I don't trust knowledge given by magic." Another smile as he shares his innermost thoughts with a creature he will likely never meet again, it's... freeing, "Does that surprise you? I trust people, they at least are understandable. So I wish for a list before me, in the form of a written medium of finite size no greater than three feet in any direction and easily transportable for a human of my stature by themselves, that contains the names, nature and sufficient details of their location to locate and reach them using no more than two spells and which continuously updates itself, of all self-aware entities old enough to possess first-hand knowledge of the Troubling Times, and that this list be undetectable by any kind of divination and is self-aware enough to defend itself from attempts to destroy it and aid attempts to narrow down entries when requested, and, should its possessor ask can change the nature of the list to a similar data-set."

Mortis finishes his list of requirements, "I hope that's not too much of a bother, I'm new to this wishing stuff."
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2016-12-25 at 04:54 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125

"I don't trust knowledge given by magic." Another smile as he shares his innermost thoughts with a creature he will likely never meet again, it's... freeing, "Does that surprise you? I trust people, they at least are understandable. So I wish for a list before me, in the form of a written medium of finite size no greater than three feet in any direction and easily transportable for a human of my stature by themselves, that contains the names, nature and sufficient details of their location to locate and reach them using no more than two spells and which continuously updates itself, of all self-aware entities old enough to possess first-hand knowledge of the Troubling Times, and that this list be undetectable by any kind of divination and is self-aware enough to defend itself from attempts to destroy it and aid attempts to narrow down entries when requested, and, should its possessor ask can change the nature of the list to a similar data-set."

Mortis finishes his list of requirements, "I hope that's not too much of a bother, I'm new to this wishing stuff."
    "Ash' ento gandal Shento Wish of thy command shall be granted." the Efreet says, voice booming. his body seems to glow from what used to be a small flicker to a raging inferno. hi hand held out and in it ashes form form thin air, ashes of fallen trees, there timeline itself being changed... morphed into something different... paper at first then it seems to change its mind... Next it seemed to become a materiel the sky would be made out of. I looks like a book made of the sky. Where paper would be in this book there is a charcoal black silk, not to weak as to be ripped easily but not to strong as to say it could not be bent. The righting in the book seems to be made of embers forever burning. Stars to be more precise. The righting seems to be unreadable.

Spoiler: The Book of the Time of Trouble
    Show

Book of The Times of Trouble

This book contains words un readable by mortals and immortals alike. The book is bound to the soul of a Efreet. that Efreet name is Etherious the Flame prince.
    This book was formed from the sky of the material plane. The words are formed from the embers of the final flame, a fabled flame that is to destroy the world when the time is to come. the book itself is powerful catalyst. particularly powerful against gods because it can neutralize divine spells within 100ft. This is a gift to a powerful man who's name is on the title of the book..as if anyone could read it

Stats
    Int 30
    Wis 30
    Cha 30
    weight 1.5lb

The book is immune to any and all things be it magic psionic ect.
    The book chooses it possessor, the possessor can use any ability the book has 1/day if it makes a K the planes DC=120. this check can be made 3 times a day, each time if the possessor fails then the book automatically deals 20d6 damage to the possessor and attempts to activate its escape ability, if the Possessor makes the check it gains acsess to the books abilities for that day ecah usable 1/day by the possessor
    Here are the abilities the book can do, the book can use all the abilities at will. all abilities have a caster lvl of 40
    Escape:
    when the book activates this ability it does 3 things first it calls 3 Adult Prismatic dragon, then it cast planar shift, finally it on both the plane it was on and the new plane, every divine spell within 20ft of it is automatically dispelled
    Universal knowledge of the Trouble times:
    when it activates this ability it creates a zone of time stop (the book and its possessor are effected) that last for 1 effective hour, in this hour the book and its possessor learn all possible weaknesses powers, and the exact location of 10 random people who are alive and lived though the troubling times. in this time they can also teleport to one of these people which immediately ends the zone effect
    Divine magic nuteraliser
    with this ability every Divine spellcaster looses the ability to cast divine spells, use turn/rebuke undead uses, this also dispels ongoing divine spells.
    SLA:
    Time Stop, Fore sight, Meteor swarm, Power word kill, Grease, Planar shift, Shapechange(one possessor), Tue resurrection, superior invisibility, Summon monster IX, Summon Elemental monolith (fire only), Sphere of Ultimate Destruction, Reality Maelstrom, Awaken undead, Create undead greater, animate dread warrior, animate undead

If anyone learns how to read this book they gain acsess to this one time use ability

Ragnarok
    Reading the words in this book Knowledge of this ability causes even the most powerful gods to shiver with unease
    Opon activating this ability all entities that had lived during the troubling times and are still alive today ar summoned to the demiplane called Adventures rest where they are forced to fight by from an outside force. The possessor and the book are unaffected by this ability. When the battle is over there is no victor all who fought have died. With the cnclusion of this ability the book returns to its original state, ash forevermore as the world to crumbles and falls with it

NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

6. - Top - End - #126

NecromancerGuy

Mortis sighs deeply, headbutting the nearest wall, unable to feel pain it's quite cathartic, so he does it again. "And this is why I should never be given access to the source code of reality! I forgot to specify the bloody language." He slumps against the wall, smiling weakly at the Efreet, "Stay here please, I need to go fetch a mage to see if he can decipher this." With that he'd go to fetch Fyren, taking the book with him, fully aware that the object in question is likely a minor artefact if it conforms to even half his requirements.

7. - Top - End - #127

Fyren was, at the time, making his way back to the efreet. "Hey. What's up? Do you know if I get a Wish too? I've been thinking about what to wish for, then I realized that it was never specified if we both got wishes, or how many we had between us, et cetera. What do you have there?"
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

8. - Top - End - #128

NecromancerGuy

"Yes I did put aside a wish for you." Mortis says, "It would have been churlish not to, as for the book, this is the literal textbook example of why careful wording matters. It is exactly what I asked for whilst being functionally useless. It's one reason I found you, do you have any spells that will let me read whatever the heck this is?" He opens the book for him to look at.

9. - Top - End - #129

"Yes I did put aside a wish for you." Mortis says, "It would have been churlish not to, as for the book, this is the literal textbook example of why careful wording matters. It is exactly what I asked for whilst being functionally useless. It's one reason I found you, do you have any spells that will let me read whatever the heck this is?" He opens the book for him to look at.
    The efreet smiles "you did wish for the book to be immune to Divination, I don't think that's going to work, but you know, why don't you talk to it."
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

10. - Top - End - #130

NecromancerGuy

"The spells are for me, not the book." Mortis quips, "Anyway, Fyren, your wish, that way the good Efreet here can be about his business."

11. - Top - End - #131

"Yes, of course. Hmm." Fyren goes to speak, then stops himself.

"Seeing as there are so many things to wish for, and no efficient way to tell which is the best option, how about this; I wish for the ability to, at a point in the future that is currently undefined but may later be defined by me such as I may use this ability at a point of my choosing, make a wish that functions the same as this wish and has no cost except for the ability's use. Is that acceptable phrasing?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm trying to postpone my ability to have a wish so that I can later do something with it, when I know what I need better, but not have to spend five thousand plus xp on it. The last clause ("except for the ability's use") is so that I'm not wishing for infinite wishes.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

12. - Top - End - #132

the efreet pause for all but a moment, "yes.. that will be enough," he then forms a large ruby from thin air and responds withe "when the time comes summon me... i'll be waiting. Is there anything else i am obliged to do... Anoubandet."
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

13. - Top - End - #133

NecromancerGuy

Mortis frowns, "You don't have to serve that mage any more. You're free."

14. - Top - End - #134

"Am I, well than I'll be off" and with that he disappears in a cloud of smoke and flames.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Your standing in the middle of the road near midnight with a book of epic power, what do you do.... go inside the now unattended building...
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

15. - Top - End - #135

"Well then. I don't know how to activate the ability I... received, so I'm going to stay away from... that verb. From now on." Fyren steps away from the city center and sits against a wall. "I will wait here for Anoubandet to return, which I predict will be in the morning."
    Last edited by LastCenturion; 2017-01-10 at 11:41 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

16. - Top - End - #136

NecromancerGuy

Mortis sits down beside him, "I know we don't know each other but... things look bad in the near future. From what I've figured out something's coming to the Prime Material that last time it was here wiped out half a pantheon out of boredom, I'd be very happy to hear any suggestions because right now everything I've got is either suicidal or non-sensical."

He sighs for effect, "And that's ignoring the artefact I'm holding which I can't even use but for which half the mages in existence would happily slit my throat for."
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2017-01-11 at 05:39 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137

*After what feels like a long hour of silence*

"Wow this is how you spend your time as an immortal, I feel disrespected" says a voice that seems load considering the silence you had heard "i thought my gift was sufficient" the womanly voice mumbles under her breath. " Why don't we get this show on the rode. Shall we children..."
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

18. - Top - End - #138

NecromancerGuy

"For you to be disrespected would imply you were worthy of respect creature." Mortis growls to the empty air, "I am no performer or charge of thine, and your entertainment features not upon my agenda, merely vengeance upon thee for thy curse upon me." The mage often lapsing into old speech when irritated.
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2017-01-14 at 01:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

"This is... new. Many things are, today. I'm not sure what happened, so I'll pay it little mind. Mortis, do you have anything else that needs doing? Else, I will call down my folk and await Anoubandet's rearrival."
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

20. - Top - End - #140

"For you to be disrespected would imply you were worthy of respect creature." Mortis growls to the empty air, "I am no performer or charge of thine, and your entertainment features not upon my agenda, merely vengeance upon thee for thy curse upon me." The mage often lapsing into old speech when irritated.
    Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    "This is... new. Many things are, today. I'm not sure what happened, so I'll pay it little mind. Mortis, do you have anything else that needs doing? Else, I will call down my folk and await Anoubandet's rearrival."
    Times seems to slow down and a flux of power unknown to you in your mind you hear screams for a split second only for it to fade into the voice of the woman the spoke to you

"the wall to my world has been touched, this has caused a chain of events which has slowly combined our worlds, hell that's why I'm here. If you want me gone then it is up to you to fix it. Mortis you want to recreate the world as immortal undead, if this is really what you want the you must gain power akin to mine, but you can't kill me to gain that power or my world will not be contained, you know all those undead that you want to create, if my world takes over yours those undead will become insane mindless creatures of inconceivability for any creature that is not I, this will affect you as well. Fyren you seek to kill the gods for they have misguided your people to there destruction, do it. Though take it out on those who have caused you this great pain, the book that you will be able to read just as mortis will contains the names of those who did so. "

The woman takes a deep breath and closes her eyes
    One will betray
    one will succeed
    One will parish
    One will akin I
    these words i speak
    shall be grounded into this world
    forever and ever
    Beyond the holds of Space
    Beyond the grasp of space
    thou follow into the abyss
    thou follow to the door
    the door left open
    Must be shut
    must be as forever
    If not then thou shall suffer inconceivable pain and agony
    The battle that takes place
    Shall be the final battle
    the final breath
    the final thought
    the final sense
    for it is when i leave to recreate
    from the final flame
    comes a spark anew
    anew it shall grow
    forever and ever
    for as of this
    i
    say
    Fyren,
    Mortis,
    Anoubanet,
    Linda,
    Neivia,
    Deamon,
    Tandem,
    and one unnamed
    Forgive me for the suposed affliction i have placed upon you
    the burden of this world on you
    for even a being such as i fades into
    Insanity

Spoiler: :OOC:
    Show

CONGRATULATIONS
    you have made it past part one of the game
    please give feed back in the ooc
    still want to continue?
    Want me to change something i do?
    Want me to get rid of something that i have made?
    Thank you
    Plan to open up the next part (still on this thread) by Jan 15, midnight for me (central America's time zone)

NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO