New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread V: Golarion Strikes Back

A158: Monk of the Silver Fist is a Monk Archetype that gives Initiating, and uses a Gauntlet as if it were an Unarmed Strike for most purposes, including damage advancement. The Aurora Soul is a Mystic archetype that focuses on unarmed attacks, and the Steelfist Commando does the same for the Warlord.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Q 159: Is there a way to boost Manifester level for a Psi-warrior? Addendum: Is there a way to boost it past character level to allow for certain power augmentations (such as making Metaphysical weapon hours/level while still letting it keep it's bonuses to pace?).
    "I Burn!"

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 160: If, as a Skald, I Variant Multi Classed into Bard, could I use the Bardic Music rounds for Sagas and Masterpieces?

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

A 160 Yes.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Q161: Assuming you can use a combat maneuver without provoking AoO's, can you use it as an AoO? Particularly Trip.

Q162: If yes, what use is the feat Seize the Opportunity? If no, how the hell did people make lock-down builds before Path of War came out?

-Edit- I assume it's because the feat allows any combat maneuvers, not just the normal ones that replace attacks.
    Last edited by Sun Elemental; 2017-02-14 at 08:37 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

A159: you can use the overchannel feat to increase your effective ML. Doing so causes damage to the self.
    A161: each combat manoeuvre lists the appropriate action to execute it. Trips, Disarms* and Sunders are done in place of an attack, Bull rush and overrunning are standard actions or can be used as part of a charge, and the rest are standard actions.

Edited for spelling and to include disarm, thanks Cieyrin!
    Last edited by Sayt; 2017-02-15 at 03:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

A162
    Seize the opportunity is meant to allow you to Vital Strike on AoOs, basically (The only other attack action I know of is Greater Weapon of the Chosen, but that means going through a sleugh of really bad feats to get a half-decent one. There might be other attack action stuff, though, but not accesible through feats).
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2017-02-15 at 03:14 AM.
    The one and only Tuvarkz across all the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sayt View Post
    A161: each combat maneuver lists the appropriate action to execute it. Trips and Sunders are done in place of an attack, Bill rush and overrunning are standard actions or can be used as part of a charge, and the rest are standard actions.
    Disarm can also be done in place of an attack. There's a number of Quick maneuver feats that allow you to replace attacks with the appropriate maneuver and maneuver Strike feats that let you do the maneuver off of a Confirmed crit, among others.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 163: If I made a Skald who VMCed into Bard, would they be able to use the Bardic Music to fuel Sagas and Masterpieces?

Q 164: Can the Unchained classes use all the archetypes of their original class?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Barbarian in the Playground

A 163: Asked and answered in Q 160.

A 164: No. The unchained monk is explicitely not compatible with any pre-existing archetypes (as per Pathfinder Unchained, pg. 8). Newer monk archetypes (such as the Monk of the Mantis) may be compatible with unchained monks. All other classes are compatible with archetypes as long as the replaced class features are still in the unchained class.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Spamalot in the Playground

A164 addendum: There are additional complexities. The full list is below:

Unchained Rogue: Compatible with any archetype.
    Unchained Summoner: Compatible with any that do not alter the eidolon's base form or type. (e.g. incompatible with First Worlder.)
    Unchained Barbarian: Compatible with any that do not modify how rage works (e.g. incompatible with Urban Barbarian and Dreadnought.)
    Unchained Monk: Only compatible with those that specifically work for both (which basically nullifies any that were printed before it existed.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Q165: could an elephant animal companion with the bulette style feat tree trigger both the bulette rampage feat and the trample UMR against one enemy?
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Firbolg in the Playground

Q166
    Say a necromancer type character has a couple of controlled undead, a ghost and a lich. Say the ghost and lich are both destroyed during a particularly nasty combat then their respective versions of Rejuvenation kick in.
    Does our necromancer still command their favorite pets after said pets get Rejuvenated?

Q167
    As above but the necromancer dies and is returned to life by a spell instead? Do they still command their undead minions?

Q168
    As above but they all three perish then return.

14. - Top - End - #314

A165: Yes, though you would need to teach it how to use a complicated trick like a Style (or make it intelligent.)

A166-168: Unfortunately the rules are very vague on spells persisting after death, whether from the caster's perspective or the subject's. Your GM (or you) will have to make a ruling.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-02-16 at 10:55 AM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #315

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post

A166-168: Unfortunately the rules are very vague on spells persisting after death, whether from the caster's perspective and the subject's. Your GM (or you) will have to make a ruling.
    Thank you for all of the effort. Started a thread on the issue hoping for some precedent or another. Would be glad to have you weigh in if you're interested.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2017-02-16 at 10:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316

Q169
    Does a Frostfallen Nabasu Demon retain it's telepathy?

17. - Top - End - #317

A169: Doesn't seem like it:

A frostfallen creature loses most special qualities of the base creature. It retains any extraordinary special qualities that improve its melee or ranged attacks.
    Telepathy doesn't improve its attacks (unless I missed something) so that would go.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

Q:170 Do Aasimars with "Scion of Humanity" alternate racial trait qualify as human for Favored Class Bonuses?

My google-fu has produced mixed results, some saying confirmed, some saying not. I apologize if this has been answered already.

EDIT: Asking for PFS, so I want to be as right as possible.
    Last edited by MythrilShotgun; 2017-02-19 at 01:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

A 170 Half-elves and half-orcs, which normally have the Humanoid(Human) type alongside their respective other half, are allowed to take features and abilities based on that type, according to this FAQ. A Scion of Humanity Aasimar, Mostly Human geniekin or Pass for Human Tiefling all have the Humanoid(Human) type, so they would all be able to take Human restricted abilities and feats for the exact same reason, alongside their normal racial choices.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2017-02-19 at 09:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

20. - Top - End - #320

A169: Doesn't seem like it:
    Telepathy doesn't improve its attacks (unless I missed something) so that would go.
    It does loose it, but due to loosing the demon subtype.

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    It does loose it, but due to loosing the demon subtype.
    Even if the subtype didn't change though, from the part I quoted they lose special qualities, was the point I was making.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #322

Even if the subtype didn't change though, from the part I quoted they lose special qualities, was the point I was making.
    Never saw Telepathy called out as a Special Quality nor seen it on the Special Quality line in a monster statblock.

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Never saw Telepathy called out as a Special Quality nor seen it on the Special Quality line in a monster statblock.
    PF statblocks list is under "Language" as it is a means of communication, whereas the 3.5 statblocks do call it a special quality - but despite where the statblock puts it organizationally, it is definitely still the latter because it is a special ability. Special abilities only come in two flavors - special attacks and special qualities, and telepathy isn't an attack.

Similarly, the PF statblock has a "Senses" line where special qualities like blindsense and scent are listed, but those are still special qualities (because if they are not attacks, they must be the other by definition.) PF didn't diverge from 3.5 in that regard.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #324
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Q 171

Is there a sorcerer archetype that reduces the cost of metamagic on bloodline spells? I could have sworn that I saw something that did.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

A 171 You may be thinking of the Arcane bloodline, which can cast Metamagicked spells faster with Metamagic Adept.

Q 172 What kind of instrument does Perform(Act) use for purposes of Mute Musician's Mute ability? I want to make a Mime powered by eldritch horrors.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2017-02-20 at 01:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    A 171 You may be thinking of the Arcane bloodline, which can cast Metamagicked spells faster with Metamagic Adept.
    No, I'm pretty sure there was an archetype or something that was basically Arcane Thesis, but for all bloodline spells and only bloodline spells.

Q 173: Are there any large-scale long-range AOE spells like Meteor Swarm, but have a range/area that scales? Basically, a spell that I can point at an army a mile away and injure or kill many mook soldiers, and some higher level soldiers.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

4 PoW questions:

Q174:
    If I have maneuvers form two separate sources; say Zealot and Soulknife [War Soul]. Seeing as each maneuver progression uses its own recovery mechanic (i.e., I can't recover Zealot maneuvers with the War Soul recovery and vice versa) and assuming I have the same discipline in both classes (Sleeping Goddess in this case), can I ready the same maneuver once in each class (Ego-Wounding Strike, for instance)?
    Q175: The Awakened Blade prestige class has the Path of the Warrior class ability that says, in part, "If the character possessed levels in the soulknife, then the awakened blade treats all levels in this class as +1 to existing manifester level with regards to the soulknife's mind blade enhancement bonus". I assume that this supersedes the table for soulknives that enter this class? It'd be weird if a Soulknife [War Soul] 4/Psion 1/Awakened Blade 10 had the mind blade of a 14th level soulknife and the powers of a 9th level psion.
    Q176: Psionic Augmented: Soulknives (I forget which of the 3 did it) had provisos for a War Soul entering some psionic prestige classes and still advancing their maneuvers. Does the reverse apply? i.e., does a War Soul 5/Landsnecht 10's mind blade have an enhancement bonus of +3 or +7?
    Q177: What happens if a War Soul take the Discipline Weapons blade skill and chooses unarmed strike? Does his fists get empowered like a Deadly Fist?
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

A174 No
    A175 Yes, Mind Blade as a 14th level soulknife and manifesting as 9th level psion
    A176 No
    A177 Go ask the devs at the DSP FAQ thread for this one.
    The one and only Tuvarkz across all the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Q178 Can a Vanguard Slayer take Extra Slayer Talent at level 3? More specifically, is Tactician replacing the whole Slayer Talent class feature, or only the talent gained by said class feature?
    Last edited by Nepenthe; 2017-02-20 at 06:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Q179

Mythic ability mighty summons:
    I apply the agile template.

When does my summons get its second turn? At my initiative +20, my initiative -20, or should it roll its own initiative due to the quirky nature of how its initiative works? Since my initiative will often be below 20, should it go on initiative in the negatives?