New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread V: Golarion Strikes Back

A28: You will only get +7 CL from Arcane Archer. You can get an additional two however from the Magical Knack trait; this won't increase your spell progression but your caster level (e.g. spell duration, range, power etc.) will take less of a hit.

You can also take less of a hit by taking fewer Arcane Archer levels - most of the abilities, especially the capstone, are not worth losing all three CL. A good breakpoint is AA 4.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-12-05 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

A28 Addendum Advice: The about to be released Paths of Prestige player companion includes, according to subscribers who have copies, a two feat chain that gives back one lost level of casting progession in a prestige class. You can take the final feat more than once, so at the cost of four feats (yikes) you could get back all three lost casting levels, allowing full spells known and prepared/cast.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Q29

Are there any Huge-Sized Apes in Pathfinder? I have a Vanara Druid/Monk in a Gestalt game, and turning into a Huge Ape would be... appropriate and amusing.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

A29 There doesn't appear to be a huge primate. There is a gargantuan one though. The list of all primates can be found here.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Q30: What would be the cost of an absolutely bog standard Tiny Animated Object Robot and what is required to make it in terms of feats and materials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

A30

Are you asking how much an Animated Object costs if it has the Robot subtype?

By CR it would be CR*CR*500 for it's market price. Half that for it's Cost to Create. In addition the body cost is the above price *0.1 for the cost of the body.
    Then compare its price to similar Constructs just like you would when pricing a custom Magic Item. This info comes from the Building and Modifying Constructs section but is intended for DM use. I recommend using it across the board however as most Construct pricing is dumb and should be hated. (I'm looking at you random *1.5 price hike for the Clockwork subtype!)

Otherwise you price it just like an Animated Object of its size then add the 20,000*CR to add the Robot subtype.

For the Animated Object part you just need Craft Construct and access to the technological bits to be animated.
    For the Robot part you need Craft Robot and access to technology. You will also require access to a Robotics Laboratory and enough power to run it.
    Robotics laboratories are technological artifacts and as such cannot be crafted.
    Spoiler: Cheesey way to get your own Robot Lab
    Show
    However, since technological items aren't magical they can be Animate Object-ed so one could theoretically Gate in an Animated Object Technological Artifact or even make a Simulacrum of one. Theoretically.
    Beware this is cheesey and opens a rather nasty Pandoras' Box as the Extinction Wave Device is also a Tech Artifact and nobody wants Simulacrums of those running around.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2016-12-08 at 08:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

I hate to be "that guy" but your links in the "If you have questions about ______" section are broken and not linking.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Q31: If you have a speed greater than 30 (say 40), what is your speed when wearing Medium or Heavy armor?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #69

DwarfClericGuy

A*31: The rules for barding indicate that a creature in medium or heavy armour with a 40ft. move speed moves 30 ft per round.

Extrapolating from the table, every +10 ft. of bonus speed you get translates to 5 ft. of speed while encumbered by armor.
    Last edited by Sayt; 2016-12-09 at 04:37 PM.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-męnu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

A31 there is a table for 40, 50 and 60 ft and they became 30, 35 and 40.

So it looks like that you get 5 feet for every 10 feet after 40.

EDIT: Actually I found a table that goes up to 120ft and is not exactly like that. (the table is in the carrying capacity chapter)
    Last edited by Red Bear; 2016-12-10 at 06:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Q32
    Does the bonus damage from enchantments like Bane(magic), Linked striking(psionic), or Collision(psionic) get multiplied on critical hits? What about feats like Power Attack\Piranha strike\Deadly Aim? And the enchantments like Flaming or Frost?

12. - Top - End - #72

Planetar

A32

Bane, flame/frost/shock... don't get multiplied.
    Collision, power attack/piranha/deadly aim does.
    The former is because of the 'bonus dice' same as sneak attack.
    Linked striking I think, since it's bonus dice, don't multiply. But the additional enhancement does
    Last edited by Manyasone; 2016-12-09 at 05:51 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Q33 does a magic item giving a bonus to a single saving throw exist?

14. - Top - End - #74

DwarfClericGuy

A33: Several (For example, mind buttressing armor, the Deathbane talisman and Seducer's Bane, however they are invariably resistance bonuses, which do not stack with cloaks of resistance, and are often limited in scope.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-męnu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

15. - Top - End - #75

A32 Addendum Bane has two effects: It increases the enhancement bonus by 2, and adds 2d6 damage. The damage bonus from the increased enahncement is multipled on a critical hit, while the bonus damage is not.

Example: +1 Undead-bane Longsword
    Against non-undead: 1d8+1, critical 2d8+2
    Against undead: 1d8+2d6+3, critical 2d8+2d6+6

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Q 34: I'm preparing a Paladin (Holy gun) for a game that will start soon. A question regarding the "Gunsmithing feat".
    In the "special" entry, it says:

If you are a gunslinger, this feat grants the following additional benefit. You can use this feat to repair and restore your initial, battered weapon. It costs 300 gp and 1 day of work to upgrade it to a masterwork firearm of its type.
    The question is: since also the holy gun gains a battered weapon "identical to the one gained by the Gunslinger", can it also take advantage of the "special" part?

My assumption is that the feat specifies "if you are a gunslinger" only because the gunslinger is the only core class that gains a battered weapon as a class feature.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

A 34 The intent is that you should be able to but not all archetypes that get the battered gun and Gunsmithing seem able to. Spellslingers and Gunmasters specifically say they can restore their firearm as if they were Gunslingers. Holy Guns and Steel Hounds just get Gunsmithing and a battered gun, with no mention of the ability to upgrade it.

Q 35 When putting armor special abilities onto Bracers of Armor, like Titanic, there is no enhancement bonus to transfer or add with the special, because Bracers don't have an enhancement bonus, they provide an armor bonus, correct?
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2016-12-10 at 10:30 PM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Q. 36: If a player decides to hold a touch spell (say daylight), and then with holds action to until an ally runs by him to charge into an attack. Can he use that withheld action to simply touch an object on the player running by to make daylight spell go off?

Q. 37: Can you split flurry of blows attacks among multiple targets, even if you happen to kill the target before getting to use all attacks?

Q. 38: Can an unchained monk use flying kick in conjunction with an acrobatics check (long jumping/high jumping) to hit a flying creature that is more than 5ft of the ground or even off the ground at all?

Q. 39: If one runs in combat, does that also prevent the use of charging, dragon style, or any other actions that also require the use of a full round action?

Q. 40: Can Dispel Magic be used on wall of ice?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

A 36 You can't delay mid-action, nor can you interrupt someone else's action while delayed. If you have Daylight already cast and Ready to touch your charging friend, that would work.

A 37 Yes, it's just like using Two-Weapon Fighting normally.

A 38 Yes, as long as you end up adjacent to it. The movement Flying Kick allows is treated as any other kind of movement.

A 39 Run is a full-round action, you can't also charge. If you have the swift action to enter Dragon Style or already in it, you would still ignore difficult terrain for the run you're about to do.

A 40 Yes, it's not instantaneous like Wall of Stone is, it has a duration, so you can end it prematurely with a Dispel Magic.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

A 35 RAW seems to support your reading: Armor bonus != Enhancement bonus. Thus Titanic Bracers of Armor +1 cannot add +1 to strength checks, CMB, etc... but the other abilities of the property remain in effect.

(However, a permissive DM wouldn't be breaking anything if they rule the Armor Bonus counts as Enhancement bonus for the purposes of Bracer of Armor with the titanic property).
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2016-12-11 at 05:11 PM.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamilarRaven View Post
    A 35 RAW seems to support your reading: Armor bonus != Enhancement bonus. Thus Titanic Bracers of Armor +1 cannot add +1 to strength checks, CMB, etc... but the other abilities of the property remain in effect.

(However, a permissive DM wouldn't be breaking anything if they rule the Armor Bonus counts as Enhancement bonus for the purposes of Bracer of Armor with the titanic property).
    You would kinda break it. Bracers of Armor go up to +8, which is more than items normally grant to strength. Capping it at +5 would work to keep it in line with regular armor.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zergling.exe View Post
    You would kinda break it. Bracers of Armor go up to +8, which is more than items normally grant to strength. Capping it at +5 would work to keep it in line with regular armor.
    Not necessarily. Bracers of Armor cap at +8 and cannot go over. Titanic is a +3 property, so the highest Armor bonus from a pair of Bracer of Armor with the Titanic property is +5, just as suit of armor cannot have enhancement greater than +5. Though if there's a counter point, I'll gladly hear it in a PM or another thread, as to not derail this one more than I have
    If I had one ...

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Q. 41 What would you add on to the 15'ft cone spell templates, to make them 20ft?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

24. - Top - End - #84
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Q 42: How do you reverse the genesis of the ability scores of a Machine Soldier in order to determine what they were before racial adjustments and/or determine the racial adjustment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

25. - Top - End - #85
    Spamalot in the Playground

A41: Make the perpendicular arms 4 squares long instead of 3 (4*5 = 20), and fill in the area between them accordingly.

A42: You'd reverse-engineer them like any other monster - i.e. -10 for even scores, -11 for odd ones. The only exception is the Intelligence, which comes entirely from their robot subtype - so just treat that score like their Con, i.e. a nonability, and add the 13 back in later.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Q43

How much does it cost to hire npcs/mercs with actual class levels? I seem to recall there was a formula for it somewhere, but I cant find anything but the basic hireling list that doesnt cover it.
    Last edited by flamewolf393; 2016-12-13 at 01:06 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us how you started: I started with the entire party getting teleported in from the real world butt naked.

Lokiron: "Yes, and killing hurricanes is always a good act, because they are evil."

DEGENERATION 91: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Halfling in the Playground

Q44 :
    What happens if a paladin commits evil acts while dominated by a vampire spawn? According to the class description, a paladin loses class features if she wilfully commits an evil act. But the atonement spell clearly states that the spell can be a cast (although without the 2,500 gp fee) for a creature who "committed the evil act unwittingly or under some form of compulsion".
    I'm not trying to force my player to atone just for the sake of it, but if his character was to lose his class features while under the control of the vampire spawns, he might be exposed to the city's plague. Yeah, we're playing Seven days to the grave.
    What do you recommend?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

A 43 I could not find a list for hiring NPC's with PC levels either. I suspect it was either obscure 3rd party (i.e homebrew), specific to a certain scenario within a campaign, or simply doesn't exist. Companions with PC levels are usually cohorts, and that requires the leadership feat.

Alternatively, you could be thinking of hiring a spellcaster to cast a specific spell (Higher level spells would indeed require PC class levels), in which case the cost is on the Goods & Services page. However, per day GP rates for NPCs with class levels doesn't seem to be a thing.

A 44 The paladin does not fall for unwilling acts of evil. They would lose access to class features if the DM for some reason ruled they're no longer LG after committing unwilling acts of evil, in which case the atonement spell can swoop in and say "nope, I'm LG again" at no material cost, due to the unwilling/compulsion clause.
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2016-12-13 at 05:34 PM.
    If I had one ...

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

A 43 addendum Having recently read Player Companion: Cohorts and Companions, they have an expanded system based off of Ultimate Campaign's Contact system for acquiring hirelings, including those of higher than 1st level and with PC classes. It boils down to how risky a task is to determine the rate per day of service multiplied by their class level per hireling. For example, if you wanted to hire a group of 5 3rd level fighters to guard an entrance to a dungeon your party is exploring and care for your horses, that would probably be a Hazardous task, which is 1 gp/day/hireling, which upgrades 3 gp/day/hireling for this group.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

30. - Top - End - #90

Q45 Does a successful use of a spellcraft check to identify a wand or staff reveal the number of charges left?
    Last edited by Stealth Marmot; 2016-12-15 at 07:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koo Rehtorb View Post
    "Insert God Name"'s + "Insert Offensive Body Part".
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTrevor View Post
    It is always ok to start in a tavern.
    as long as the tavern is ON FIRE.