New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread V: Golarion Strikes Back

Q46 Is there an official RAW AC for grid intersections? if so, what is it?
    Last edited by Red Bear; 2016-12-15 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

A 45 Spellcraft via Detect Magic, Greater Detect Magic, Identify, Arcane Sight and Greater Arcane Sight, as far as my reading can tell, will not tell you how many charges a wand or staff has, just what it does and, in the case of Identify, the command word. Analyze Dweomer, however, will tell you all that plus the number of charges, if it has any.

A 46 Targeting a grid intersection is indeed covered by the rules, specifically in the Combat chapter for Throwing Splash Weapons of the Core Rule Book, page 202. It is AC 5: Base AC 10 with a Dexterity of 0, which is a -5 modifier, thus AC 5.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q 47 Is there clear RAW for whether a Rogue can use Disable Device on an Arcane Locked door (as opposed to smashing the door down or using Knock or Dispel Magic)?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

A47 Yes, right in the spell description:
    If the locked object has a lock, the DC to open that lock increases by 10 while it remains attached to the object. If the object does not have a lock, this spell creates one that can only be opened with a DC 20 Disable Device skill check.
    After opening the lock, the door is no longer secured, therefor the second part of the spell does not apply ("A door or object secured with this spell ...")

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 48 Does Student of the Astral Suit or levels of Metaforge advance the features an Aegis' Astral Suit has, like the Astral Armor being treated as a masterwork breastplate at Aegis 8?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #96

A 48 No. Student of the Astral Suit advances only for customizations, Metaforge advances customizations and damage reduction. The "treat as masterwork" is neither, so it does not apply.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

Q49
    Is there a spell or spells that would allow one to create or conjure a mundane cage around a subject?

Literally just looking to catch victims inside mundane equipment cages using magic.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Q49
    Is there a spell or spells that would allow one to create or conjure a mundane cage around a subject?

Literally just looking to catch victims inside mundane equipment cages using magic.
    A49: As of November 12th, 2016, there was no spell that specifically does that on d20pfsrd.com. Fabricate would be able to make a cage, but at 1 round per 10 cubic feet of material, that may take a bit too long depending upon the size of the creature and how thick the bars need to be. Even a very liberal interpretation of Create Armaments to create a cage as an Improvised Weapon would still take 1 minute and not involve putting it around a target.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2016-12-23 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    A49: As of November 12th, 2016, there was no spell that specifically does that on d20pfsrd.com. Fabricate would be able to make a cage, but at 1 round per 10 cubic feet of material, that may take a bit too long depending upon the size of the creature and how thick the bars need to be. Even a very liberal interpretation of Create Armaments to create a cage as an Improvised Weapon would still take 1 minute and not involve putting it around a target.
    A49
    Is there a reason Teleport Object couldn't perform this task?
    Edit: In hindsight I did forget to include Teleportation in my original question. My apologies.

Q50
    Would Apport Object work on a cage that has been affected by Shrink Item?
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2016-12-24 at 07:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Spamalot in the Playground

A49: You could animate some mundane cages with Animate Objects and have them grapple your foes inside, then wait for the spell to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

11. - Top - End - #101

DwarfClericGuy

Q51 can you threaten/score critical hits when damaging using the grapple rules? The fact that CM checks are attack rolls would seem to indicate yes, but I'm not site how well it meshes with wider threat ranges?

Q52 Can a cleric prepare domain spells into higher level slots with metamagic tacked on?
    Last edited by Sayt; 2016-12-25 at 12:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

A 51 No, a critical success on a check to maintain a grapple doesn't mean inflicting critical damage if you choose to damage your target. All it means is you auto-succeed at maintaining the grapple. You also wouldn't do critical damage during a sunder if you critically succeeded.

A 52 Yes. They're still spell slots and as long as you're only putting domain spells in those slots, it doesn't matter if you Extend or Empower them, as long as they are put in a high enough domain slot or higher to contain them.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2016-12-25 at 09:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A49: You could animate some mundane cages with Animate Objects and have them grapple your foes inside, then wait for the spell to end.
    The one time I'm trying desperately to avoid minionmancy...

Q53

Whar happens when a primed technology grenade goes off inside a Handy Haversack?
    Does the answer change if the Haversack is being worn at the time?

Q54
    What's the DC to reverse pickpocket a primed tech grenade as they are quite sizable?
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2016-12-26 at 11:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

A53 I don't think it can go off: there is no air inside a handy haversack

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Is there any other Sorcerer archetype that stacks with the Wildblooded archetype?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

A 53 addendum Not sure where you read handy haversacks don't have air in them, as the pockets function like bags of holding, which have air. I also don't think tech grenades need air to function, though the creature priming and throwing them probably does. As for the effect of a exploding grenade inside the haversack, it depends on the type of grenade going off, as according to the entry for bag of holding, they only have a problem if something pierces them from the inside or outside. So if the grenade was a flechette or fragmentation, that pocket ruptures and everything in it is lost to the Astral Plane. The effect of other grenades probably depends on what else is in the pocket at the time, as while I don't think an atom, bang, bio, EMP, flash or soft grenade would damage that pocket, concussion or the energy types may or may not, which is up to your GM.

A 54 They're only a pound, which isn't any heftier than a dagger or dart. Given if someone is priming a grenade, you're probably in combat, where Slight of Hand isn't usually available if your target is aware of you. If they aren't aware of you, it's the same DC as Lifting a Small Object, which is DC 20. If they are aware of you, it'd be a Disarm, as most people holding primed grenades hold them in their hands so they readily throw them where they aren't, in which case you're going against the target's CMD. If you disarm them with a hand not holding anything, you can swipe it and throw it with another attack if you're full-attacking, as you can disarm in place of a melee attack.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbloodtroll View Post
    Q 55 Is there any other Sorcerer archetype that stacks with the Wildblooded archetype?
    Going by my helpful guide for archetype stacking, Wildblooded can be stacked with whatever Sorcerer archetypes, as essentially they're their own bloodline. A FAQ says you can't mix with Cross-Blooded, though your GM may think otherwise. If your GM is a stickler for this FAQ, it'll depend on what Wildblooded Bloodline you're taking, as some of them are compatible with False Priest, Seeker and Tattooed Sorcerer, depending on which bloodline powers your wild bloodline trades out when.

Sidenote to self: I have time this week to update the guide potentially with the rest of the ARG and probably the ACG...
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2016-12-27 at 10:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Sidenote to self: I have time this week to update the guide potentially with the rest of the ARG and probably the ACG...
    I would love to help with this effort, feel free to PM me if you'd like. Yours is one of my favorite guides for brainstorming character concepts.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #108

A 54 They're only a pound, which isn't any heftier than a dagger or dart. Given if someone is priming a grenade, you're probably in combat, where Slight of Hand isn't usually available if your target is aware of you. If they aren't aware of you, it's the same DC as Lifting a Small Object, which is DC 20. If they are aware of you, it'd be a Disarm, as most people holding primed grenades hold them in their hands so they readily throw them where they aren't, in which case you're going against the target's CMD. If you disarm them with a hand not holding anything, you can swipe it and throw it with another attack if you're full-attacking, as you can disarm in place of a melee attack.

Thank you for such thorough responses!

However, I was curious about putting primed tech grenades on victims using Slight of Hand more than trying to take a primed tech grenade out of someone's hand.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 55: Does Spell Resistance Protect someone against the magical effect of this Infused Poison?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-c...-item-creation

Spoiler: Liquid Influence
    Show
    Liquid Influence

Price 900 gp; Slot none; CL 5th; Weight —; Aura faint enchantment

DESCRIPTION

This heady liquid brewed from the toxin indigo dreams imparts a compulsion to its victim, decided when the poison is first created.

Type poison, ingested; Save Fortitude DC 13 Onset 10 minutes; Frequency 1/minute for 6 minutes Effect 1d3 Wis damage; Cure 2 consecutive saves Spell Effect suggestion (Will DC 14)

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS

Cost 525 gp; Feats Brew Potion, Infuse Poison; Spells suggestion
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

20. - Top - End - #110

A55: They are targeted by the spell, so protections like SR or immunity would apply.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I would love to help with this effort, feel free to PM me if you'd like. Yours is one of my favorite guides for brainstorming character concepts.
    Sure, I'm game for that. There's a lot of entries littering the thread that I really need to pore over and add to the first posts but further analysis would help me just do the editing and formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Thank you for such thorough responses!

However, I was curious about putting primed tech grenades on victims using Slight of Hand more than trying to take a primed tech grenade out of someone's hand.
    I had ~6 hours on a train to get home from the holidays, so I had time.

As for planting grenades on people, there doesn't seem to be a lot of RAW support for that in the skill, as it's all about taking and hiding objects on your body, as opposed to on other people. However, it did remind me of a feat in Ultimate Combat that I've always puzzled over, Deceptive Exchange, that does exactly that with Bluff for Feinting. Definitely more costly than skill points for a very niche maneuver, which makes it feel like a Brawler trick to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 56 Does Prone Shooter increase the AC gained from dropping prone as part of a Gunslinger Dodge?

Q 56b Is the bonus to AC vs. ranged attacks from being Prone stack with Gunslinger Dodge or are they same bonus and Ultimate Combat is just reprinting the Prone condition's bonuses?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

23. - Top - End - #113

A56a: Only if you then stay prone for the required amount of time. (Prone Shooter won't apply to the initial drop because immediate actions usually happen after your turn is over, not at the end of your turn.)

A56b: It's most likely reminder text but your GM could rule either way.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

A 53 addendum Not sure where you read handy haversacks don't have air in them, as the pockets function like bags of holding, which have air.
    "If living creatures are placed within the bag, they can survive for up to 10 minutes, after which time they suffocate." I don't know why, but I've always assumed this sentence meant there is no air, I now realize that 10 minutes is a relatively long time. Q57 So why does the creature suffocate? Does it mean that there is a small amount of air and that the bag is airtight?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

A 57 Extrapolating from Portable Hole, which gives more detail, that's how much breathable air is in the bag/hole for a single Medium creature breathing normally. If the entrance to the extradimensional space isn't open, fresh air isn't being replenished, hence suffocation, at least in game terms. If you do other things to provide air (i.e. bottle of air, necklace of adaptation, air bubble, life bubble, etc.), the local air supply doesn't matter.

Q 58 Does Aspect of the Falcon stack with Bolt Ace's Crossbow Training?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 59: Does Locate Object allow you to know the general direction of specific object regardless if you are in the spell's range?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

A 59 No, the object must be in the spell's range to detect it, regardless of how familiar with the object you are.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

28. - Top - End - #118

A 58: Yes. AotF doesn't stack with Keen or critical threat modifiers, but doesn't say anything about critical damage modifiers. Crossbow Training improves the crit damage you would have, and does not set it to a flat value.
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

29. - Top - End - #119

MindFlayer

A 60: This item is written too vaguely to give you a full RAW answer, but I think the most obvious answer is that the migrus gets the HP/BAB/skills(?) of a familiar, but there's absolutely no reason to believe that the master gets any benefits or can share spells, you don't get a link to it, the familiar reference just gives the migrus stats. Improved evasion and SR are sort of a gray area that I'd personally allow.
    Last edited by Slithery D; 2016-12-29 at 11:00 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Q61

A wizard has a bound tyrannosaurus and enters a battle with 3 other casters. The dinosaur swallows one wizard whole. The wizard then dies. 2 rounds later, the dinosaur is hit with banishment. What happens to the dead wizard?