New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread V: Golarion Strikes Back

A61
    His body would go to whereever the dinosaur goes I guess because it basicly the same as the dinosaur eating food it doesn't appear on the ground and the dead wizard would count as a object I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Therefore, you just need a taller statue -- or a sufficiently high pedestal for your statue, if you're a cheese-weasel -- to permanently kill any god in 2e.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calthropstu View Post
    Q61

A wizard has a bound tyrannosaurus and enters a battle with 3 other casters. The dinosaur swallows one wizard whole. The wizard then dies. 2 rounds later, the dinosaur is hit with banishment. What happens to the dead wizard?
    A61
    Corpses are objects. Carried objects are attended objects. So the corpse just goes with the dinosaur.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    A61
    Corpses are objects. Carried objects are attended objects. So the corpse just goes with the dinosaur.
    So the wizard and all his belongings would go poof?

Would this happen with summons as well?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Calthropstu View Post
    So the wizard and all his belongings would go poof?

Would this happen with summons as well?
    There's an interpretation of summons that they (unlike called creatures) are unreal projections of a real outsider, so they just go "poof" on death or expiration of the spell rather than returning. I'd say things consumed by a summon fall to the ground.

But there isn't a RAW answer on exactly what summons are, so if you want to discuss further it would need a new thread.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Slithery D View Post
    There's an interpretation of summons that they (unlike called creatures) are unreal projections of a real outsider, so they just go "poof" on death or expiration of the spell rather than returning. I'd say things consumed by a summon fall to the ground.

But there isn't a RAW answer on exactly what summons are, so if you want to discuss further it would need a new thread.
    Fair enough. Thanks everyone!

6. - Top - End - #126

Goblin

Q62 Are there any rulings on Arcane Archers casting from scrolls while using imbue arrow? Possible?
    Last edited by Nibbens; 2016-12-31 at 03:30 PM.
    Roll some dice, make some stuff up!
    Current campaign: City of Progress Campaign Journal
    This guide!

A reading of notable information in The City of Progress, here.

7. - Top - End - #127

Q63
    Can a mundane firearm (in this case a rifle) be used to ignite oil or gunpowder from afar? Or by RAW does one require some sort of incindiary bullet?

8. - Top - End - #128

Q64 Any races either first or third party that are monster like close to a troll such as trollkin, bloodlines, or anything? Basically anything monsterous and not orc.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

A64 First thing that comes to mind is the Ogre from the ARG. Does that work?

10. - Top - End - #130

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Technetium43 View Post
    A64 First thing that comes to mind is the Ogre from the ARG. Does that work?
    A64+ maybe the 'Grendle' race from DSP Bloodforge suits your needs.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

A 62 Doesn't look like Imbue Arrow disallows scroll use, as long as it's the Arcane Archer doing the casting and shooting.

A 63 Mundane firearms do bludgeoning and piercing damage, they wouldn't set off oil or black powder. Oil needs to be lit, black powder goes off when fire, electricity or a misfire explosion happens. So, sticking to mundane stuff, if you put a Dragon's Breath cartridge into a blunderbuss or dragon pistol, you could light either up within the cone.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Q65 Do you know how Improved Two-Weapon Fighting works?

I'm making Undine 5lv warpriest, point buy(21pt), Use unarmed strike as sacred weapon.
    Stat: S6 D22 Co10 I12 W18 Ch8
    Item: Agile AoMF, +2 Dex Belt, +1 Mithral Chain Shirt, Masterwork Cold Iron gauntlet, gauntlet, tattoo(Sacred focus)
    Feat: IUS(sacred weapon), Weapon Finesse(1lv), WF(unarmed), Combat reflex(3lv), TWF(3lv), Boar style(5lv)

When I get lv6, I can get ITWF. But my BAB is still 4. Can I use secondary off hand attack?
    Last edited by Akasha; 2017-01-01 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Q65

13. - Top - End - #133

BlackDragon

A65 Yes, you can as ITWF is as follows
    Spoiler: Feat text
    Show
    "Benefit: In addition to the standard single extra attack you get with an off-hand weapon, you get a second attack with it, albeit at a –5 penalty."

It does not say you ned to be able to make a second attack from BAB to gain it, just simply letting you make a extra attack at a -5 penalty with your offhand weapon.
    Last edited by Coretron03; 2017-01-02 at 02:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Therefore, you just need a taller statue -- or a sufficiently high pedestal for your statue, if you're a cheese-weasel -- to permanently kill any god in 2e.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Q66 Does the Dwarf +2 versus spells and spell like abilites extend to everything magical? For example, magical traps or magic items?
    Last edited by zilios; 2017-01-02 at 07:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

A 66 Hardy does exactly what it says, it gives you a bonus on the save vs. spells and spell-likes. If the magic item is a scroll, that's casting a spell, so Hardy would activate. Same for a wand or staff. If the item is providing providing a spell-like ability, then Hardy would effect it. If it's supernatural, dwarves aren't any more resistant than anyone else. Same for traps, if it's specifically a Spell Effect (using trap nomenclature), then Hardy applies. If it's not, it doesn't.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

16. - Top - End - #136

A 65 addendum
    Improved Two-Weapon Fighting has a prerequisite of +6 BAB, so unless you're taking it as some kind of bonus feat that can ignore prerequisites, you won't be able to take it until your question is moot.

EDIT: I looked at Warpriest and realized that your Bonus Feat feature does exactly that in this case, letting you use your class level as your effective BAB. Carry on.
    Side Note: Monks - now not even the best at Flurry of Blows
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

17. - Top - End - #137

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    A 62 Doesn't look like Imbue Arrow disallows scroll use, as long as it's the Arcane Archer doing the casting and shooting.
    But doesn't reading the scroll to cast a spell require two hands - as does using a bow? The imbue arrow ability allows for the firing the bow as part of casting the spell - requiring it to be in hand for the casting, not necessarily using a scroll then the bow.

I guess my problem I'm seeing something problematic with the act of drawing a scroll, reading it to cast a spell, free action to drop the scroll, draw the bow (Because using a scroll presumably uses a hand or more, and using a bow definitely requires two) and finally cast the spell/fire the bow - all in a single turn without using up more than a standard action.

I'm just wondering if there's any official ruling on whether or not this is feasible or does the action become inoperable once imbue arrow takes more than a standard action to use.
    Last edited by Nibbens; 2017-01-04 at 08:07 AM.
    Roll some dice, make some stuff up!
    Current campaign: City of Progress Campaign Journal
    This guide!

A reading of notable information in The City of Progress, here.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Q67 As a fighter, I take Weapon Style Mastery feat, with Ascetic Style and Dragon Style-Ferocity as my 2 styles.
    Q67a Would this work as I assume it will? Extra damage on my weapon, provided it's a monk weapon?
    Q67b How would the STR increase work with a 2handed weapon, where I already add 1,5 STR to the damage roll. Would it go to 2x STR in dragon style and 2.5x STR in ferocity or default to the values listed, essentially making dragon style pretty ineffective.
    Q68 Would Ascetic Style and Pummeling Style also work together with the above method?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbens View Post
    I'm just wondering if there's any official ruling on whether or not this is feasible or does the action become inoperable once imbue arrow takes more than a standard action to use.
    There isn't one. Personally I don't consider spell completion to be equivalent to casting a spell for this purpose but it's unfortunately unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8artist View Post
    Side Note: Monks - now not even the best at Flurry of Blows
    Unchained Flurry says hi

A67a: Yes, this will let you have Dragon Style and Ascetic Style "up" simultaneously, and thus allow you to apply the DS bonus to your monk weapon.
    A67b: It won't stack, no. The Dragon Ferocity boost (to 2x) will apply though.
    A68: No, Pummeling Style explicitly does not work with anything other than unarmed strikes no matter what other abilities you may possess. This highly specific provision overrides Ascetic Style even if you can have it active concurrently.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

20. - Top - End - #140

More Tech Grenade hot potato...

Q69
    Would priming/throwing a tech grenade affected by Invisibility be mechanically more complicated than normal?

Q70
    How (what rolls/checks) would an enemy detect and/or identify an invisible tech grenade that's been chucked at them?

Q71
    Would an invisible fuse give off a visible smoke or spark as it burned?

Q72
    Would an invisible grenade have an invisible explosion?
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2017-01-06 at 01:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

A69 I don't think there are penalties for throwing a invisible object.

A70 detecting the presence via hearing would be exactly the same. Locating the grenade by RAW would be the same perception DC for locating a visible grenade +20.

A71 the light emitted by the spark would visible. The smoke would be visible as it is something leaving the object.

A72 I don't know if there is a RAW answer, if would probably be visible though

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Q73: Can you add 1-1/2 Str Bonus on a Sword Saint's Iaijutsu Strike? The only stated limitation of the class is that the benefits only apply when "using a sword and carrying nothing in his other hand". As I understand it, the RL iaijutsu strike is done one-handed, but by RAW it seems you can iaijutsu strike with an exclusively two-handed sword, which entails a two-handed grip. A two-handed grip on a one-handed sword should also be allowed?
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

23. - Top - End - #143

RangerGuy

Q74

Smoke effects.

A character who breathes heavy smoke must make a Fortitude save each round (DC 15, +1 per previous check) or spend that round choking and coughing. A character who chokes for 2 consecutive rounds takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. Smoke obscures vision, giving concealment (20% miss chance) to characters within it.
    You fail Fortitude save, you spend your round choking and coughing. Can you still use Immediate actions and/or Attacks of Opportunity?
    Last edited by Fenryr; 2017-01-08 at 11:02 AM.
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

A 73 No, carry nothing in your other hand means carry nothing in your other hand. That hand has to be free, so you can't use it to hold onto your sword.

A 74 Yes.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Q75: Are there explicit construction rules for creating Sentient Waxwork Creatures? If so, do they remain under their creator's control or are they free-willed and uncontrolled?

Q76: Is there a cost given for wax anywhere other than sealing wax in the CRB?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2017-01-09 at 07:58 PM. Reason: added link to the template in question
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #146

A75a
    Only sentient wax I can ind is the Sentient Wax Golem which already has a price in its entry.

In the Building and Modifying Constructs section of the PRD there is info for pricing Constructs by their CR. CR*CR*500 for their price. That numbe *0.1 for the cost of their body (*0.5 of the materials are cheap). And that number divided in half for their cost to create.

Where are Sentient Waxwork Creatures found? My apologies if I assumed incorrectly that they were Constructs.

Edit:
    A75b
    "Rarely, waxworks shaped like intelligent creatures develop minds of their own and can gain levels in character classes."
    This would be a GM's call as to whether it means a Sentient Waxwork created via the above method would remain under the creator's control or have free will. The quoted text doesn't outright say it has free will but it sure does seem to be meant that way. In a game of mine I'd say that it could be created but it'd have a will of its own.

For my part I use the Amalgam template from Advanced Bestiary to Construct-i-fy things. Either I combine the creature I'm after with a Construct that is explicitly controllable or combine it with something with Int of '--' to remove its free will.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2017-01-09 at 11:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    A75
    Only sentient wax I can find is the Sentient Wax Golem which already has a price in its entry.

In the Building and Modifying Constructs section of the PRD there is info for pricing Constructs by their CR. CR*CR*500 for their price. That number *0.1 for the cost of their body (*0.5 of the materials are cheap). And that number divided in half for their cost to create.

Where are Sentient Waxwork Creatures found? My apologies if I assumed incorrectly that they were Constructs.
    They're from Horror Adventures. I don't own a copy of the book but according to this entry, they're 500 gp per HD. If they're Waxwork Candles, it costs an extra 500 gp and you have to provide Produce Flame as well. It doesn't appear the creator has any special control of Sentient Waxwork that you make.

A 76 I can't find any other entry for wax (other than Alchemical Candle Wax) but they come in solid blocks of wax, which should work just as well for Waxwork.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Spamalot in the Playground

A74 dispute: I don't think you can - Immediate actions and AoOs are still part of the round, they just aren't part of your turn. I may be missing a specific allowance though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

29. - Top - End - #149

A 75
    The actual entry in Horror Adventures has no "Construction" entry for the Sentient Waxwork - only for the Waxwork Candle (+1,000 gp price/500 gp cost), and a general one for Waxwork Creature ( cost 500 gp/HD, plus cost of wax which isn't stated). If PFSRD or Archives of Nethys give a different impression, that's a matter of poor layout.
    This means there's no rules for specifically crafting Sentient Waxworks, since you can't build the variant. Awkaken Construct yields pretty much the same result, but it does explicitly break your control over the construct.

If you want to have controlled constructs with feats and some skills, you can use Terra-Cotta Soldiers. They have an Intelligence score of 1 (thus gaining 1 skill rank/level and feats), but are still explicitly under their creators control. You can also clearly make variants with different feats than those listed. Finally, there's a Large version (the Terra-Cotta Horseman) that has 10 HD, and the rules for building and modifying constructs allow you to just add more HD.
    Up to 4 extra HD on the soldier cost 1,250 gp each, up to 5 extra HD on the horseman only cost 1,000 gp each. You can RAW not add more HD, since it'd increase the constructs size. At the very least this adds to HP, BAB and saves - everything else is up to your GM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Q76
    Are there any creatures that are disarmed using the same rules for disarming traps?

Am working on a comprehensive list of traps and i have Mechanical and Magic traps, Haunts, and even Hazards listed. Wasnt sure if there were any creatures that actually get to be defused as traps though.