New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread V: Golarion Strikes Back

A76 Yes [search], the Animated Shrine Stone. There are also Clockwork Automatons which you can activate using Disable Device, and any construct can be at least hindered by using the Disabling Stunt rogue trait.
    Last edited by Firest Kathon; 2017-01-10 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Added search link

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A76 Addendum Bestiary 5 also has the Urannag, an Abyssal construct-demon thing that can be damaged with a successful Disable Device check.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Blade Boot: Does having this, two weapon fighting, and two other arms grant 3 attacks per round?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Q77
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    Blade Boot: Does having this, two weapon fighting, and two other arms grant 3 attacks per round?
    A77: No. The two weapon fighting rules allows you to make one additional attack per round with your second weapon. The only way to gain attacks with further weapons is to have natural weapons or to take the multiweapon fighting feat, which requires 3 or more hands.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q78

Sup people!

I'm a skald and I have the feat Furious Finish, whenever I use this feat my rage (raging song) ends, however, if I have lingering performance, my raging song extends 2 additional turns after I finish it, can I use Furious Finish a second time? I presume that using it a second time (if possible at all) will end the extra turns from lingering performance, am I correct?

Thanks

6. - Top - End - #156
    Spamalot in the Playground

A78: Your song (performance) doesn't actually continue with lingering performance, rather only the bonuses and penalties do. So there will be nothing to end a second time, the performance was already over, it's just the bonuses that go away later.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Q79:

Seems like a dumb question, but I want an official answer to hand a player. Does a Chainsaw need to be activated in order to be used as a weapon?
    Just finding my roots again.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

A 79 Chainsaws are technological weapons with a capacity and usage statistic. Under Power Sources in the Technology Guide:
    Quote Originally Posted by Technology Guide
    Most of the technological wonders presented here require energy to function.
    Thus, it needs to be activated to be used at its full ability. The Tech Guide doesn't say what to do if you try to use an unactivated chainsaw as a weapon but I'm sure you can come up with a reasonable approximation (like greatsword stats seem pretty reasonable) as GM fiat pertains.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Q 80

When you use the Oaken Shield counter (and I suppose similar abilities activated in response to an attack) from Path of War, do you activate it before you know if the attack hits or can you do it after?

I.e.

DM declares attack. You declare Oaken Shield. DM rolls.

or

DM declares attack. Rolls. Hits. You declare Oaken Shield?

EDIT: It's a Piercing Thunder maneuver, if that helps.
    Last edited by Haruspex_Pariah; 2017-01-12 at 10:28 AM.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

A80
    For counters that cancel an attack, it's the second (As counters cannot be made against a natural 20). There's one Riven Hourglass counter, Flicker Defense, that is the exception however.
    For counters that replace a saving throw, you need to call the counter before rolling the save, and roll as appropriate instead of your saving throw.
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2017-01-12 at 01:01 PM.
    The one and only Tuvarkz across all the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Q 81

When making a Perform check to earn money it says that the DC is increased by 2 for each failure. Which means that it's possible to fail. Does this mean that you have to set a target DC before making the Perform check, as opposed to simply rolling and getting the amount listed in the table (which is what I thought it was all along)?

I.e. before making the check for that day you have to choose if you're going to try for an enjoyable performance or a great performance. If you aim for a great performance but get 16, do you get 1d10 sp or just nothing at all?
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Halfling in the Playground

Q82 Do liches and other undead get the CHA bonus to HP retroactively? eg. If a character is level 10 when they become undead, do they use the CHA bonus from then on out, or does it also increase the HP already gained up to level 10?

13. - Top - End - #163

BlackDragon

A82 The undead traits says it says to use charasmia for dertermining hit points and hit points are retroactive by default so yes they would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Therefore, you just need a taller statue -- or a sufficiently high pedestal for your statue, if you're a cheese-weasel -- to permanently kill any god in 2e.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

A81:

You make one check per day, rolling your skill and consulting the table to see how you performed and what you have earned.

Now, either you retry b/c of total failure or because you aimed for a higher result, both of which you´ll do at -2 DC.
    Last edited by Florian; 2017-01-13 at 12:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

A82:

Becoming Undead, a creature or character is rebuild from the ground up, according to the rules of the Undead type or whatever is especially stated in the Hit Dice section for it´s new type or template.

For a Lich, that means recalculating all racial HD to d8s, dropping Con and the Con Mod and recalculating everything with Cha mod.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Is a DWARF druid proficient with an Earthbreaker?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Is a DWARF druid proficient with an Earthbreaker?
    A93: No.

An Earthbreaker is a regional weapon, common to the Shanty tribes. I do not know why you think this should have anything to do with dwarves or druids.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    A93: No.

An Earthbreaker is a regional weapon, common to the Shanty tribes. I do not know why you think this should have anything to do with dwarves or druids.
    Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.

Doesn't Earthbreaker count as a warhammer?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.

Doesn't Earthbreaker count as a warhammer?
    No. Warhammers are a specific weapon that have absolutely nothing to do with the earthbreaker. They're about as close together as a shotgun and a dagger.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Q95: whose Strength witch's Prehensile Hair hex use to calculate attack and damage boni - Witch's or it's own (which is equal to Wich's Int)?
    Q95B: assuming a witch doesn't have other natural attacks, does the hair use full BAB and 1 1/2 Str to damage as per the rule for a single natural attack, or BAB-5 and 1/2 Str as per rule for secondary natural weapons?
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Can you wield a two handed weapon and a buckler?

Can you, while wiedling a two handed weapon and a buckler, cast cure light wounds on yourself by removing your hand as a free action, casting the spell, and putting it back on your weapon?

22. - Top - End - #172

BlackDragon

A95 Yes you can, although you take a -1 penalty on to attack rolls and you lose the buckler sheild bonus if you attack with it until next turn, although I think there is a feat that prevents this.

A96 Yes, you can as a buckler allows somatic compoents to be filled and two handed weapons only need two hands when attacking but you olose the sheild bonus until your next turn, like attacking but you don't need to take the bucklr off at all.
    Last edited by Coretron03; 2017-01-15 at 04:30 AM.
    Therefore, you just need a taller statue -- or a sufficiently high pedestal for your statue, if you're a cheese-weasel -- to permanently kill any god in 2e.

23. - Top - End - #173

BlackDragon

Q97 Power attack says natural weapons that have 1 1/2 str to damage get the -1/+3 damage ratio. Now the brawler ability for unarmed strikes says unarmed strikes count as natural weapons for spells and effects. If I have 1 1/2 str to unarmed strikes do I get the improved ratio for power attack?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

A97

No. Only a True Dragon's bite and creatures with a single form of natural attack get 1.5 STR to damage and -1/+3 from power attack (Before feats and other abilities).
    From the same Brawler: A brawler may attack with fists, elbows, knees, and feet.
    Even if your unarmed strikes count as natural weapons, you have more than one source of them, and as such you don't get neither 1.5 STR to damage nor +3 damage from power attack.
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.

25. - Top - End - #175

BlackDragon

I was referring to using the greater unarmed strike which let brawlers and monks add 1 1/2 times their str mod to the unarmed strike to be exact, so yes I can. The question wasn't about whether or not I could add 1/2 more str mod it was whether unarmed strikes would work with power attack if they are natural weapons, although I see how you could be confused.
    Last edited by Coretron03; 2017-01-15 at 07:26 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coretron03 View Post
    I was referring to using the greater unarmed strike which let brawlers and monks add 1 1/2 times their str mod to the unarmed strike to be exact, so yes I can. The question wasn't about whether or not I could add 1/2 more str mod it was whether unarmed strikes would work with power attack if they are natural weapons, although I see how you could be confused.
    No, Tuvarkz is right on this account. There can't be a RAW answer to your question as you reference a 3pp feat, while Power Attack has a specific clause covering high-damage attack by monsters.

The creators of the feat should have included an option stating that it does or doens't work with it, so no reasonable answer can be given.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Q95: whose Strength witch's Prehensile Hair hex use to calculate attack and damage boni - Witch's or it's own (which is equal to Witch's Int)?
    Q95B: assuming a witch doesn't have other natural attacks, does the hair use full BAB and 1 1/2 Str to damage as per the rule for a single natural attack, or BAB-5 and 1/2 Str as per rule for secondary natural weapons?
    Prehensile Hair's Strength as a natural attack is the Witch's Intelligence, so essentially use the Witch's Intelligence to calculate attack and damage.

According to a FAQ from Sean K Reynolds, if you only attack with your Prehensile Hair, it becomes a Primary with full BAB and 1.5 Str. If you use other weapons alongside the Hair, it's a Secondary Natural Attack, with BAB-5 and 1/2 Str.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coretron03 View Post
    First, when listing a 3pp feat, mind also bringing up which publisher? As of the moment, both DSP and Flaming Crab Games have a feat with that name (You refer to the latter, but it's not obvious to everyone at first glance)
    To note, this rules issue seems to also happen with Dragon Ferocity, and it's been discussed in official forums to no consensus nor official paizo answer.
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2017-01-15 at 11:59 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Firbolg in the Playground

Q98

If a creature is hit by a Disintegrate spell and disintegrated are its posessions disintegrated too?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground

A98
    They are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disintegrate
    Any creature reduced to 0 or fewer hit points by this spell is entirely disintegrated, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust. A disintegrated creature's equipment is unaffected.