New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default The Heights of Londo [IC 2: Bolted]

Genevieve

When Genevieve moves through the door, she's immediately greeted by...a curious lack of scents. Moffit's home is normally rife with the sweet scents of the Lilligant, or else one of Moffit's concoctions made with them. Instead, she's greeted by a large writing slate that's been mounted on the wall, and covered in drawings of various Pokemon being affected by the items written beside them. The walls are lined with small shelves, marked with a number, and the polished wooden floor is decorated with a few waist-height booths, complete with cushions, many of which are occupied by Murkrow, and two by Eevee.

At the far side of the room, Pip is speaking with the girl Genevieve bumped into early, while an identical woman heads for the door she just entered through. Genevieve quickly realizes that this must be one of Pip's identical triplet sisters, and distinctly recalls that Moffit can only tolerate one of them at a time.

Lina, Alyssa, & Leah

"Ser Champ!" Sass corrects Lina with meaningful adjustment of the faceplate strapped to her head. They make it out of the bulk of the crowd, with a decent view of some of the stalls and the nearest healer's just down the street. Most of the available foodstuffs aren't too fancy, just rice cakes, spiced beans, and similar foodstuffs, but it is all fresh.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2016-12-23 at 08:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 2: Lordly Pass]

"Um, excuse me!" Not wanting to interrupt their discussion and moved by a sense of urgency, Genevieve holds out the bucket with the Murkrow to the closest one, Pip's sister, who is walking by. The idea that the Murkrow might have come from here originally crosses her mind. "Is this Murkrow yours? Please, this pokémon needs medical attention! Can you help?"
    Current Campaigns:
    Heights of Londo - Genevieve Neomme - OOC
    Shadows of Burghafen - Karina Weiss - OOC

DMing: Curse of the Crimson Throne
    The Ever-Changing Tide

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Linne looked pretty surprised to see twins, she'd never seen anything like that before! "O-oh, it's okay, really, Linne is happy just to help..." but then the pink-haired girl who bumped into her before barged in, with an injured looking Murkrow. She stepped aside and brought Zeta up to her chest to hug, looking a bit horrified at the injuries the Pokemon had sustained. "Oh goodness..."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grins at Sass' correction, nodding at Lina's comments she asked, "Umm, is there anything, uh, anything in particular you'd recommend?"

She lingers by the rice cakes, the food reminding her of what her mother sometimes made when she was feeling a bit homesick.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

5. - Top - End - #5

Genevieve & Linne

The sister who was walking to the door blinks as she's addressed and addresses her with a smile. "Oh, that's not good, is it?" She remarks, as she looked into the bucket and sees the burned Murkrow. "It's not ours, but a few have been in. That fight at the manor did a right number on them." She says, shaking her head. She reaches in and grasps the Murkrow firmly, despite a few squawked protests, and moves it over to one of the booths. "The burns on this one, Pip! You'll be needing the balms."

"I expect I will, yes." Pip replies, as she reaches under the counter and retrieves some medical supplies. "You get off to Moffit's and I'll sort it out." She says, and her sister flashes a matching smile before heading through the door.

6. - Top - End - #6

Genevieve breathes a sigh of relief as it seems Pip will be able to help the Murkrow after all. "Thank you. Wait, fight at the manor? What happened?" She asks this with an incredulous tone. Who knew something like that could happen to a pokémon in such a... monotonous place. Her eyes wander around the room as she thinks this, and land on Linne. "Ohh! You. You look familiar. Where have I seen you before?" Her face scrunches up in confusion.
    Last edited by Ceralune; 2016-11-10 at 11:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Linne shied into herself a little, and Zeta began to growl softly. She pat the Fennekin on the head to say, "It's fine, Zeta... oh, um, Linne thinks--" She paused and hesitated, correcting herself, "I saw you at the manor gate just before..."

8. - Top - End - #8

"Ehh? I don't remember talking to... anyone else at the manor gates," Genevieve mumbles, reluctantly thinking back to the events that transpired there. Then, she blinks in surprise. "Ohh... I bumped into you, didn't I? Sorry about that, I, uh, had a lot on my mind."
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Linne shook her head and had a quiet smile, which settled the Fennekin down too. "No, it's okay, you looked angry... do you feel a bit better now? I'm Linne Hirschell, from, um, Diwyneb. It's nice to meet you!"

10. - Top - End - #10

Genevieve quickly reassures Linne that she's alright. "Ohh I'm perfectly fine! It probably looked worse than it was." Ahaha.... eep. My name is Genevieve Neomme." She holds out her hand. "I'm originally from Unova, but I spent the last few years in Johto."
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"Uno...va? Jooh...to?" Linne looked curious, tilting her heads as she idly petted Zeta on the head. "Are those nearby towns? Linne has not really gone far past the forest until just now, so everything is new to me."

12. - Top - End - #12

Ehh? Miki said that the people here were pretty distant from the other regions socially, but I thought with all of the foreigners they have coming in most people would know about Johto at least. This forest must be really removed from society....

"Oh! Well, not exactly. Bastille Town is part of what people call the 'Londo' region, right? There are other places that are parts of other regions. Unova and Johto are two different regions separate from Londo. They're both very far away."
    Last edited by Ceralune; 2016-11-10 at 06:51 PM.
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Linne's face lit up with an innocent smile, saying, "Ohh... um, you're from really far away, miss Genevieve? That's so exciting. You must have seen a lot in your travels!"

14. - Top - End - #14

"You could say that. Ecruteak is lovely around this time of year...." Genevieve clears her throat. "But I guess that's neither here nor there, since this is Bastille."

At this point, she glances back towards Pip, who is treating Murkrow. I hope it's going well....
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

15. - Top - End - #15

Linne & Genevieve

As the girls have been chatting away, Pip has been working on applying a balm to the Murkrow's burns, plucking out a few choice feathers, and wrapping it up in home-made bandages. After a few sips from a tiny bowl, it has been sent to sleep like most of the other Murkrow in the room.

"I don't know what was going on to make them take down this many." Pip wonders out loud. "Still, they're alright now." She pats the beak of a resting Murkrow, then turns to Genevieve. "Don't you worry about payment. Lord Bastille's paying for the little ones." She says, followed by a thoughtful sigh.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Linne nodded slowly, and turned her attention back to Pip as she pumped her hands. "That's a horrible thing to do what a Pokemon, is there trouble going on in town...?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lina giggles a bit at Sass' indignation. "What, hey, yer tellin' me it's not true? It's a little early to be promisin' yourself to a boyfriend."

With a start, she hops forward towards the gates. "Anyway, the street corn's pretty good. They sprinkle it with special cheese from the Miltanks and cream too."

18. - Top - End - #18

Genevieve nods gratefully, but many questions pop up in her mind at what Pip has said. "Thank you for your help. You know who did this? Who was it? And what even happened? Where I come from, anyone who did that to a pokemon and just left it to fend for itself would have gotten a long scolding from our gym leader by now." She frowns slightly.
    Last edited by Ceralune; 2016-11-11 at 12:31 AM.
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa runs a hand through her hair. "That sounds great. Sometimes simple is the best." She licks her lips thinking of the corn and then gives a blissful sigh. When Sass gives her reply to Lina, Alyssa laughs but doesn't really had a quip. Frankly, she's glad to be laughing, and maybe laughs a bit too hard, coughing a small bit at the end.

As they clear the crowd and Alyssa gets her first look at the food stalls, her mouth begins to water a bit, but she distracts herself a bit by asking Lina, "So what did you come into town for?" She starts pointing between the stalls, moving her finger from one to another as they pass. Then she looks back to Lina. "I came here to help Lord Bastille in the manor. Came a long way, actually, when I think about it, though I guess that was a little while ago."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah hesitates at Lina's suggestion, turning her attention away from the rice cakes to the corn. Not wanting to seem rude when Alyssa made her way toward them, she reached for one herself. Looking up at the vendor, she asked "Umm, how much are these?"

Once given the price, she pulled the appropriate amount from her bag and passed it over. Glancing back to Lina and Alyssa, she listens to their conversation quietly.

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Genevieve & Linne

"Well, what I heard was that the Knights did it." Pip strolls back to her counter to have something to lean on. "Something about the person that hurt Macha Bastille, same reason there's not many Knights in town. They were escaping, and did something to the Murkrow, and they had to be blasted out of the sky! Hope they catch whoever did that to the poor girl." She shakes her head. "It isn't right!"

~

Alyssa, Lina, & Leah

"I'm promised to me." Sass declares proudly, as they spot the healer's coming closer and closer through the stalls. She grasps about in her bag for a few moments and eventually retrieves a tiny pouch of coins. She counts them up, frowns to herself, then takes just two and buys a small rice cake.

22. - Top - End - #22

At hearing about Macha, who Genevieve figures must have been the girl Moffit was referring to, Genevieve feels the small pit of shame in her stomach again. "Yeah... it's unfortunate that that happened to her. Hopefully she makes a speedy recovery."

"So they got caught up in the Knights' business...." Genevieve murmurs to herself, Well, at least Lord Bastille paid for their recovery. She glances back to the resting Murkrow, glad that she happened to be in a situation to get it the help it needed. Sighing inwardly, she thinks, I guess sometimes bad things just happen, whether we're expecting them or not.
    Last edited by Ceralune; 2016-11-11 at 01:08 PM.
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Linne didn't really know what had been happening in this town, but hearing that the Knights had to hurt pokemon didn't sit right with her. Ser Volim wouldn't have ever hurt a pokemon like that, she was really kind to Linne. "Bad things are happening in this town, are they...? Um, Linne also hopes that she heals quickly as well."

Zeta was starting to tug Linne against her skirt, and she paused to go, "Oh! Right, the couriers... um, Linne has to go find her mother now!"

24. - Top - End - #24

"Ohh, alright. Well it was nice meeting you, Linne." Genevieve offers a small wave.

Turning to Pip, she says, "Well, I suppose I've done my part. Thanks again." After giving Pip a brief nod of thanks, Genevieve turns to exit.
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Linne dithered for a moment, but then waved with a bright smile. "Umn! It's nice to meet you too, miss Genevieve!" She bowed her head to Pip and said, "Linne will be going now!" She paced out and tried to go find that courier that the ser Knight was talking about...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lina skips ahead of Alyssa, taking up the guiding role. She was familiar enough with the entire market, having been here plenty of times before to help her family sell crops, so she seemed to not have any problems with the crowds.

She tilts her head at Alyssa's question, seemingly confused at the simple question. "Slackin' on work to come watch the battle. Why else would I-Oh?" She then shakes her head at the confusion. "Oh, I live 'round here. My family owns one of the farms out here. Pretty good size one, if I do say so myself. It's a little droll though...which is why I wanted to watch Miss Champ here's battle!"

She looks up and over to Leah after responding. "Your friend's awfully quiet here, though. She here for the same reason?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Sass's comment strikes something in Alyssa and she gives her a big smile. "You never know when you'll find someone!" She gives the girl a wink and gives Leah a little nudge.

Alyssa looks at Lina as she speaks. "I have no problem with skipping some work. That was really worth it." She laughs once and then gives Lina a wink. While they stop at one of the stalls, she picks out a rice cake and some of the aforementioned corn. She gives a knowing look to Leah as she pulls out sufficient coinage to pay, then turns to Lina with a shrug. "That, um, not really my story to tell. But no, not really." She then takes a bite out of one, happy to be eating again.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives Alyssa a bemused look at her comments on finding someone, turning into a slightly confused smile as she's nudged. At Lina's more direct question about her, she shakes her head, brushing a strand of hair away from her face as she did. "Oh, um, no. Umm, my family moved to Sorland, uh, a few years back." She glances over to Alyssa briefly before turning her attention back to Lina, "Umm, I work with Professor Hawthorne. She, uh, she got a letter from Lord Bastille asking her to look into a, uh, a fossil he had. Umm, I find that kind of thing interesting so, uh, so she sent me here in her place." She hesitates a moment, seeming to consider her next words before continuing, "I've, uh, only been here a couple of days and, uh, and with everything that happened with, uh, with Macha," She glances over to Alyssa again, "We were asked to leave the manor, uh, just for the time being."

She pauses again, seeming for a moment like she was going to continue, but instead falling quiet.

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Linne

With the directions given by Ser Knight, Linne makes her way through the crowds of Bastille Town and finds herself standing outside a building right by the gates. It's a bit taller than most of the buildings in the area, with a tall fence behind it, and a pair of inviting open doors. The Footbrooks' symbol is painted on either side of the doors; namely, it features the elemental symbol of water made out of blue bootprints. She doesn't manage to get a peek inside, as her vision is quickly obscured by a pair of dark eyes and cropped hair.

"Good morning." The young woman greets, after a moment's hesitation, and adjusts the hood of her cloak. Couriers are a very familiar sight in Diwyneb, and the fashion is a cloak in their Arm's color with the group's logo. "Do you need something delivered?" She blurts, as a particularly stumpy Ponyta emerges at her heels. It stands at about the same height as Zeta, and knocks its hooves against the ground as they linger in the doorway.

~

Genevieve

"You're quite welcome. Let us know if you find any others!" Pip invites the young woman as she tries to leave, only for the doorway to be immediately occupied by a young local with a Vivillion cocooned on her back. She looks at the impasse of them both standing in each other's way, then stares at Genevieve in a way that says "No, you move.".

~

Alyssa, Leah, & Lina

Sass sticks an impudent tongue out at Alyssa, then stuffs her mouth with her rice cake and rushes ahead to the healer's.

30. - Top - End - #30

Genevieve blinks blankly at the girl in front of her. Maybe they don't know basic etiquette regarding this kind of thing? People have to exit a room before others can enter and all that?

After the girl doesn't move and they stand there awkwardly for another moment, Genevieve says, "Ahh... pardon me." She backs up slightly, giving the girl enough room to slide past and enter.
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide