Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647
Results 1,381 to 1,402 of 1402
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 2: Bolted]

"She attempted to rob me." Parkin answers, managing to hold her pose quite well. "While I was briefly separated from the rest of my traveling companions. But a brigand who doesn't stab you on sight, and proclaims to need money while owning a fancy sword, is one who isn't really committed to the endeavor. So, I simply stalled until she was distracted and tackled her to the ground. I'd like to tell you that I thoroughly thrashed her, but then I'd be a liar. There was a lot of punching and kicking and grabbing and biting, and our grunts attracted a much more committed assailant. A Pangoro, no less. I was preparing to flee when a Pokemon burst out of Vaster's pack."

"Now, you might not think it from the size of them, but a Flabebe is particularly vexing foe for Pangoro. It was swiftly driven away, and naturally I wondered why she didn't simply summon the Pokemon to defeat me. It turned out that she'd rather been enjoying our tussle - aside from the biting that she claims was one-sided - and didn't want to stop it before she'd had her fill. I slapped her for being a deviant and went on my way. As you may have realized, Vaster is quite the fan of storybooks, and many of them feature the trend of grand romantic gestures. It just so happened that the following day, in the following town, was a love festival."

"Since my companions had yet to catch up with me, and I was bored, I agreed to take part in the festivities with Vaster. It was reasonably entertaining, though she utterly failed in the apple-bobbing contest, so I decided to accept her proposal of a relationship after that."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2017-12-30 at 10:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Leah quietly enjoys reading her book, finding herself wondering how much of the stories are grounded in reality. One thing she was surprised at was how dark many of the tales were, with practically all of them seeming to end in the death of the subject of the story. Shifting to a more comfortable position, she made a mental note to ask Alyssa if all traditional Londo stories carried a similar tone to them.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa takes the time as Parkin tells her story to work on the painting, filling in a lot of the base colors and working on developing some of the details. At a few moments she jots down a few notes or looks to Parkin and nods, but she never takes more than a few seconds away from her painting. "Wow, so quite the love story. That's really sweet! So, um, how did you two end up in Thundercrag?"
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2018-01-01 at 05:25 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #1384

"I come from Thundercrag, I wanted to continue to live in Thundercrag, and it was obvious that Lady Thundercrag was going to have a close relationship with the foreigners." Parkin explains. "Considering Vaster's condition, that seemed promising."

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

"Condition?" Alyssa does look at Parkin at that, but she doesn't stop filling in paint.

6. - Top - End - #1386

"She has a hook for a hand. She's a hook-handed woman." Parkin says, with a tone of annoyance. "You children seem utterly averse to paying attention."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2018-01-01 at 11:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

After a while of reading, Leah sets the book down. While the stories were interesting, she was starting to pick up on repeating themes and, rather than grow sick of them, it seemed like it'd be better to simply take them in small doses. Given she hadn't heard Alyssa coming back yet, she guessed she probably still had a while to herself. While she contemplated what to do, her eyes fell on Sable's pokéball. She felt a bit of a pang of guilt as she looked at it. After a moment's contemplation, she pressed the button to release the ghost pokémon.

Sable materialised in front of her, looking around with his gem-like eyes as he took in his surroundings. Leah scooted forward a little as he did, "Umm, hey."

Sable turned toward her, giving her a look up and down. "Eye."

Leah hesitated, rubbing behind her neck, "So, umm, I want to try and patch things up between us. Umm, I know I've not been... Great at being your trainer. Umm, the truth is, I've only ever had Saura until I, uh, I caught you." She glanced at Sable, the ghost pokémon watching her carefully, "I've, uh, I've been asked to look at a fossil. Umm, I know you eat rocks, but you're not allowed to eat this one. If you can promise you won't, I can show you the tools I've been using to work on it and, uh, and how to work on fossils..?"

Sable gave her a questioning look, a lack of comprehension obvious on his face. "So, uh, the tools are kinda technical and, umm, I thought you might find them interesting..? I remember you had that hoard back in Sorland..."

Leah leant over to her bag, digging around until she found her hand held drills and tools. She hesitated again a moment, then held them out so that Sable could inspect them. "So, umm, they work on fairly basic principles..."

After a short while of explanation, Sable came over to take one from her, turning it over in his hands while Leah reiterated her explanation to him.

Show

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa offers a shrug. "I just don't think of it that way, I guess. 'Condition' seems so much worse to me." She goes back to painting for a second to give Parkin a moment to respond, but ends up asking, "So, um, how did you and Pachirisu meet?"

9. - Top - End - #1389

"You think losing a hand doesn't leave you in poor condition? I dread to think what horrors you'd inflict were you a Knight." Parkin huffs. "You're referring to Seju? A Pachirisu Gijinka Girl in Lancer Town gave him to me, after I bested her in a game of trivia."

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa decides to just let the matter drop and goes on with her painting. "Did you spend a lot of time in Lancer?" She takes a bit of time to paint and listen before asking, "Oh, what inspired you to make the blue spice? It was really good!"

11. - Top - End - #1391

"I've spent a lot of time in a lot of places." Parkin answers. "And I have some interest in unique things. Finding them is well and good, and I wanted to try making one. So I did."

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa seems to focus on the painting, so it takes a moment before she responds. "I've thought a bunch about that. It's part of why I started this work. There's something special to making something your own, right?" She makes a bit of a flourish behind the canvas for emphasis, carefully as to not ruin the work she's done. After a second, she asks, "Where was the place you went that you think meant the most to you? Besides here, I mean."

13. - Top - End - #1393

"Why are you asking all of these questions, child?" Parkin asks, without shifting her gaze to look at Alyssa. "Your jaw will start to ache soon."

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, in order to make a good portrait, I want to make sure I show all the best parts of you. And I need to know what they all are before I can do that. So partly just because I wanna know, and partly because it helps me make this the best it can be." She pulls her seat back so she's more in view and looks towards Parkin. "If you don't want to answer anything, that's okay. But I want to make sure I capture every part of you so I can make a portrait that really shows you in your best." Squinting, she pulls in and adds a few small touches. "If I do things right, I can get a picture of you sitting still that makes it seem like you're alive." With that she pulls her seat back once more and stands up. "I wanna do the best I can, so it might take a week or so to finish. You won't have to sit for me the whole time, but maybe two or three more times just to make sure I get everything I need. Is that okay?"

15. - Top - End - #1395

"...I suppose." Parkin says.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles. "You're a complex person with a lot to you. I wouldn't want to leave anything out. And that's a compliment, I've done some work that wasn't really great because the people weren't really anything special." Tilting her head a bit, she spends a moment examining her work, screwing her face in concentration and squinting a few times. Once or twice she makes a small number of strokes on the canvas. "If it bothers you I can ask less, though." She looks to Parkin with a smile again. "I think I'm done for today. I would want to do some work on my own just adding small bits so you wouldn't have to sit there if you don't want to."

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

After spending a while talking with Sable about her tools, Leah found herself glancing toward the room door and wondering if Saura actually knew where she was. Sable's attention appeared to be drifting too, and he was beginning to explore her room with a glint in his eye. Feeling a little concerned that he might start to pick the room apart in search of treasures, Leah pulled her pokéball out. "Ok, I'm, uh, I'm going to see if I can find Saura. I'll let you come out again once I'm doing some more fossil work, ok?"

Turning to look at her with his gem-like eyes, Sable gave her a nod, then vanished in a flash of red light as he was recalled into Leah's pokéball. Stowing it away, she pushed herself gingerly to her feet, then headed back out into the corridors. She hesitated a moment as she tried to remember the route through the unfamiliar building, then headed back toward the living room.

Show

18. - Top - End - #1398

Leah finds herself back in the living room, where it seems Saura and Luna still are. The Pachirisu is nowhere to be seen.

~

"That's acceptable." Parkin tells Alyssa.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2018-01-14 at 11:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

Leah smiles as she finds the two pokémon. Saura looked as though she was snoozing, curled up on one of the chairs beside Luna. She couldn't quite tell if Luna was dozing to, but rather than disturb the pair, she quietly sat herself down in one of the free chairs. With nothing else to do, and feeling it might be rude to explore a house she was a guest in, she just enjoyed the quiet. After a few moments, she idly pulled out her pokégear. She broke out into a grin as she opened up the camera and flicked through the photos taken down at the beach in the morning.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles. "Well I'll get out of your hair then. Same time tomorrow work for you?" She waits for Parkin to answer (or at least indicate some answer) before she cleans her materials enough to carry everything, canvas and all, out of the room. It takes her a bit carrying so many things, but she makes it back to her own room and sets everything back up as it was.

She spends a little while in her own room fixing small mistakes, filling in some small areas, and doing a lot of small details that don't need to be done while examining Parkin's features in detail before she realizes that she hasn't seen Luna at all. Her work mostly done, she opts to clean off everything for the day and head out to the living room, hoping Luna was still there.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

Leah glances up when Alyssa enters the room, flipping her pokégear closed as she broke into a smile. "Hey. Umm, are you done already?"

Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa gives Leah a passing smile, slipping by her to pick up a snoozing Luna and her bag. It takes a bit of care, but she eventually extracts the Cleffa without disturbing Saura at all."For today. It's gonna take a while to finish, I think. Wanna do it right, since Parkin was nice enough to let us stay here." Turning back to Leah, she turns calm and gives a genuine smile. "You doing okay? Sorry I'm gonna be busy for a while."