New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 2: Bolted]

Linne claps her hands as well, looking rather enthused at the performance. "That was amazing!"

2. - Top - End - #782
    Colossus in the Playground

Rana eyes the amount of coin that Alyssa offers, then carefully takes it out of her hands. "That'll do!" She smiles briefly at Linne's exuberant response, and tucks the coin into her belt. "That's where I am, yeah! You can tell your friends about performances, if you want to, and they can get me."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods, her smile returning even as she fought off another shiver, "Yeah, umm, if I know anyone's coming here, I'll recommend you for sure. It was really impressive."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods. "So where did you learn that dance? What was it about?" She doesn't seem to notice that she's cold, though she catches Leah sort of shiver out of the corner of her eye and moves subtly closer to her to let her head spread out.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #785

Rana nods at Leah's agreement, then looks to Alyssa as she leans on her quarterstaff. "It's about the rush, you know? Whether you're a Knight and feel adrenaline pumping through your veins, or an artist with creativity pouring from your fingertips, or...something else! The rush you get when you get a rush. trained with Canyr Afon, but, uh, kind of have to adapt my performances when the rest of them aren't here."

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods, thinking about her own past. "Yeah, I get that! I'm an artist myself, definitely get that feeling." She looks at Leah and gets a bit warm in the cheeks but then smiles pleasantly at Rana. "Maybe we'll see you again in town! I'll certainly tell everyone I know about it."

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah shuffles a little, hugging her arms around herself to keep as much warmth in as she could. With her attention on Rana, she doesn't notice Alyssa's movement toward her, though she does glance briefly in her direction as her friend speaks, looking back to the dancer as the conversation seems to draw to its conclusion. "It, uh, it must be pretty special to see all of you together dancing, though. Umm, does it happen often..?"

Show

8. - Top - End - #788

"Cool. Thanks!" Rana tips an imaginary hat in Alyssa's direction. "It happened more often when I was training, but it's been a few months now. But,
    I kinda live here, so."
    She scratches her nose.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground

As Leah fights back another shiver, she smiles uncertainly at Rana, "Well, uh, if it ever does happen I, uh, I would like to see it. But, uh, for now..." She looks over to Linne and Alyssa, "It's, uh, it's getting really cold. Umm... Do you mind if we head back..?"

Show

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Linne nods empathically to Leah, slipping her robe off to offer it to the other girl. "Would you like to wear my robe...? It's warm, until we get back to the inn?"

11. - Top - End - #791

"Nice bow." Rana compliments Linne, as she steps a little closer to the group.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, let's g-get somewhere warm." Alyssa seems obviously cold and obviously trying to appear not cold, though she's staying rather close to Leah and Linne. As she sees Linne offer, she doesn't say anything but seems to get a bit uncomfortable. "Maybe if we run it-t'll be warmer?"

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah feels her cheeks flush red, a little embarrassed that she'd been unprepared enough to need to borrow two sets of clothing to stay warm. Nevertheless, she accepted Linne's offer, taking the robe off of her with a "Thankyou..."

She hesitates before pulling it on, however, becoming aware of Alyssa's discomfort. "Umm... I, uh, I think maybe Alyssa should, uh, should have it for now, though..?" She looked uncertainly between the two, hoping Linne wouldn't feel offended, "Umm, I mean, I'm, uh, I'm already borrowing her cardigan... So, uh, so she's got less than I have..."

When Alyssa suggests running, she feels her heart sink a little, not over-eager to be dashing through the streets. Given it would get them back a bit faster, though... "Yeah, ok, let's go."

Show

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa blushes at Leah's suggestion. Struggling a bit with the emotions, she just smiles. "Th-thanks. That's really, um, nice of you."

Alyssa too feels her heart drop a bit at the idea of running, but being cold drives her thoughts more at the moment. She grabs Leah's hand without thinking and starts running towards the Health Hole.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah feels her ears heat again at Alyssa's compliment, "Well, umm, it's Linne's, not mine, so, uh..."

Further comments were cut off, however, as Alyssa abruptly grabbed her hand and tugged her forward. Faced with the choice between tumbling forward and running to keep up with her friend, she chose the latter, stumbling a little at the unexpected start to her run back.

Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Linne didn't seem to mind, smiling warmly at the two as she padded off after them with a laugh and a wave at Rana. "Thanks! Mrs. Weber makes me the cutest clothes -- and thank you for the dance again!" as they headed off towards the inn once more.

17. - Top - End - #797

Rana is left standing there by the cruel whims of the trio, as they rush back to The Health Hole with a spring in their steps and a chill in their spines. They have to vary their pace due to the sloping nature of Thundercrag, but soon find themselves back inside the cozy building, which has gotten a bit busier since they were last here. More people are nursing drinks, including a few younger individuals who are obviously here for the Pokemon League. They can tell by the Eevees.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa rubs her arms and breathes into her hands as they get inside to try and help warm herself a bit faster, letting go of Leah's hand to do so. "Brr...glad to be back inside. Oh, did we leave Rana?" She looks behind her and notes the dancer's absence. "How do I forget to be nice to people sometimes?"

Once everyone has caught their breath, Alyssa looks for an open table if they can find one.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah finds herself out of breath once they arrive back at the Health Hole. As they walk to the entrance, she only becomes aware that Alyssa was still holding her hand when the older girl lets go to try and warm herself up. Feeling her cheeks flush with heat, she glances behind her at Alyssa's question, grateful for the excuse to look away. "Umm, I, uh, I guess she didn't, uh, run after us..."

As she turns her attention back to the inn, she properly takes in the increased volume of Eevee's and, by extension, young trainers. "I wonder if Sass is coming here..."

Show

20. - Top - End - #800

It's easy for the group to find an open table, although the inside of The Health Hole is still chilly. Not quite a bite, but more of a nibble.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah takes a seat, folding her arms around herself. Now that they were inside again, it was at least easier to try and keep some warmth, but there was enough of a chill compared to the nights in Sorland that she still wasn't entirely comfortable. Still, an improvement over being outside at night. A frown crossed her face as a thought occurred to her. Looking between Linne and Alyssa, she asked, "Umm, did we actually book rooms when we were here earlier..?"

Show

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

"A couple nights, right...?" Linne tries to think, since she definitely wasn't the one to charter them -- she's not in charge of money in general, being a... forest girl with very little idea of how money works.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

Still feeling a bit cold, Alyssa finds herself sitting as out of the way of the door as possible and pulling Linne's coat around her. As the discussion turns to their rooms, Alyssa starts to nod but then reconsiders. "I was pretty sure we did, but I dunno. Maybe I can find Souf and make sure, but I did pay her even if we didn't actually get shown where they were, so..." She sits up really straight and tries to look for Souf to confirm their previous arrangements. "Maybe we can get more warm drinks, too. Brrr..."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah also looks around the room, following Alyssa's lead in searching for the owner of the Health Hole. "A hot drink sounds nice... I wonder if they do tea..?"

Show

25. - Top - End - #805

Alyssa spots Souf lingering near the stairs heading deeper into the ground, sipping from a very large mug.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa says "I think I see her, anyone want to come with me or you mind waiting here?" Whatever their response, she pushes herself up and walks off toward Souf.

Assuming she reaches her, Alyssa will wave and bow respectfully. "Hello, Souf.
    I was, um, wondering where we would find our rooms. I think we'll only need 3 it turns out."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2017-07-05 at 01:06 AM.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah shakes her head at Alyssa's question. "Umm, I think I might just stay sitting if, uh, if you don't mind."

Giving Alyssa a small wave as she heads off, Leah folds her arms on the table in front of her, leaning forward a little as she did. She looked over to Linne, her ears heating a little, "Umm, sorry for, uh, for running off so quick." She stumbles over her words a bit as she continues, "Umm, I, uh, Alyssa, umm... I, uh, She pulled me away before, uh, before I really knew what was going on... Umm..."

Uncertain of what, if anything, else she should say, Leah fell quiet, awkwardly fidgeting with the cuffs of her borrowed cardigan.

Show

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Linne seats herself at the table with a shrug and a smile. "It's okay! Linne likes to run, and it helped warm us up, didn't it?" She perks up just a bit as she looks to where Alyssa is headed off to speak to Souf. "That dance was fun, wasn't it?"

29. - Top - End - #809

Souf slowly turns to face Alyssa. "You will be able to find your rooms at the furthest end of the right fork." She blinks. "Please do let me know if you need anything, and have a pleasant rest."

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah relaxes a little as Linne allays her concerns, breaking into a grin as the dance was brought up. "Yeah, it was amazing. I don't know how those lights worked with the trail they were leaving, but she was really impressive with them!"

Show