New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Adventures in Vaal-Paradis IC

The impromptu portal emerges by an unseen magical force. Krizira takes the first step across the New Haven boundary.

Her crossbow is front and center, poised to take immediate and decisive action, closely followed in toe by the others.

After a few steps forward as a group, the dogs earlier seen begin to take notice and stir. Some growls and barks are offered as you approach. They are not loud or fierce, but their behavior is defensive and warning. A few moments pass and a figure rises from between some taller rocks and boulders, amongst the canines. They have a humanoid physique and a mass of unkempt brown hair. They ruffle their own hair, and then pets one of the animals.

Spoiler
    Show
    What do you want your characters to do?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Serianna looks at the figure nervously. Hadir Altanin flicks up from the loose grip at her side and she glances at her companions, uncertainty flickering across her face as she tries to see what the rest of the team will do.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Piece by horrifying piece Astrid's senses returned to her, and bringing with them a banging headache, nausea and a horrifically dry mouth - in other words, a hangover. She felt every bump, every single grain of sand under the cart and it rattled her entire being each time. She pulled some of her navy-purple rags over her face to try combat any sunlight threatening to pierce her tightly closed eyelids. She regretted choosing to wear linen. Note to self: wear opaque scarves in case of hangover she thought to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Petulantcobra View Post
    "Yes, any direction is preferable to none. I will stay near Astrid. I can ensure that she has the benefit of a cooling breeze until she eh... is... through borrowing fun from tomorrow." Izan directed the breeze which perpetually surrounds him to ruffle his cloak for a bit of emphasis and turned to Astrid. "What have you gotten yourself into now. If this is to set the precedent for our adventure you will be the one owing me favors by the time we get back." Izan said with a slight chuckle. "In any case. Enjoy the breeze"
    The breeze from Izan was pleasant, and had she known the source, she would have thanked him too. However she did not, and instead she just enjoyed the relaxing effect it had and laid on the hard cart slightly more contented.

She heard the dogs growling. It made her heart judder, which in turn stirred her sensitive stomach. She was afraid of dogs. They made something in her panic in a primal way, and even though she would not give off any tell-tale signs of her fear, her consciousness sprinted through the jungle of her mind with its eyes closed and arms frantically swinging. This primal fear put a bit more immediacy in her, but she still could not think straight enough to make full sentences, let alone cast spells.

However, the raven came to mind. Astrid could not see the dogs, and she did not quite trust the judgement of people. But she trusted the judgement of an animal, and would gauge the situation based off his reaction. If the raven was panicky, then she would be inclined to believe the group was in danger. If she was fully conscious, it would be enough to put her into preemptive action.
    "Bird...raven...I summon thee..." she mumbled into her cloak.
    "Someone...find my bird...It is a raven..." she dragged the cloak off her face and held up her hand to shield her eyes from the sun. She looked for any signs of the raven, and for everyone's sake she hoped it was still.
    - Shaun

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Krizira called out, "Who are you? What do you want?" She held her crossbow so it was pointed towards the ground - attempting to look non threatening, but so she would still be able to fire quickly if the man or the dogs attacked them.
    Player: Holly
    Character: Krizira Sharma

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

d20 Re: Adventures in Vaal-Paradis IC

Higvi cringes at Krizira's pointed crossbow. She swallows, then plasters on her "welcoming face" and waves up at the figure.

"Hallo!" she calls, "Never mind us, we're just passing through. Good day for taking the air, isn't it?"

(17 on Diplomacy)
    Last edited by folkiefaerie; 2016-12-18 at 09:17 AM.
    Rule one of D&D: You can't go on fire, but you can go on rats.

6. - Top - End - #66

OldWizardGuy

While Serianna keeps her eyes peeled and her trigger finger itchy, the group cautiously advances. She scans the local area continually, promising to be the first to spot any "funny business".

Spoiler: Perception
    Show

As your character was glancing and otherwise being defensive / passive, I've rolled a 19 on her perception check. Look on, dead-eye.

As the cart creaks forward, Astrid appears to mumble and stir, shifting in her small mass of cloth and protection. Unbeknownst to her party members, it is during this concentration and muffled calling that she feels and observes an empathetic connection to her avian familiar. The link is subtle but profound, from once there was one mind, there are now two, but not quite two, more like one and a half perhaps. Astrid is aware of another presence in her mind, but it is a small one: this small thought at the back of the head feels more like a series of colors and feelings than anything truly substantial. The raven offers you a warm sensation and welcomes your mental presence, but is otherwise curious and cautious of the beings ahead.
    It is also at this time that where once a dry mouth and a head-ache were to be believed as the promising start of a hang-over, turned out to be something far worse: it were the early onset of a vicious bout of vomiting. It is burning, thick and painful, but Astrid immediately begins to feel more stable after. Bomi only has a moment to hear the gip and the movements of the stomach to react and guide the head of Astrid from the confines of the cart to the floor below, he holds the hair out of the way with a grimace.

"Thas it lass, gut it 'ut. Ye coulda pucked a better time though."

Spoiler: Astrid
    Show

Oh-ho-ho, hangover? You're not out of this yet poison-imbiber. Actions have consequences. Wishful thinking, friend. It's been about 30 minutes in-game-time since you've drank.
    Astrid takes 1 point of non-lethal for vomiting and is still sickened, but as such you will go from being incapacitated to barely-functioning. You can stand, speak, concentrate and cast spells, but there may be some other effects or unexpected results. Bomi rolled a 15 on a reflex save, to 'aid'.

It is during this time that Astrid, Bomi and Serianna provide the background to the emerging scene in-front. Krizira and Higvi appear to be performing an earnest diplomacy (intimidation?) and quiet "good-cop, bad-cop" act.

In response, the figure emerges fully from within the rocky terrain. They appear as a thickly built, rough-n-ready, unkempt human male, middle-aged (or cracked, scarred and wrinkled from an extended time in the wastes), garbed in tough looking layers cloths and leathers. He wipes his face once, and begins walking without fatigue or injury. As he walks, the mass of dogs and wolves also rise, follow and spiral excitedly around the man while others advance and growl decisively.

"Yui cuka kruk baremd sra vorr?" a gravel, throaty voice asks.

As many of the adventuring group have more than one language at their disposal or have otherwise read or traveled, a few mumbled reactions can determine that this is the spoken Druidic tongue.

(Without the weapon handle)
    Last edited by Wiz0rd; 2016-12-18 at 12:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Astrid had eased into the idea of a hangover a little too much - in general, if there is a hopeful option often then one is usually inclined to believe it, much the same way that someone would believe a compliment but be sceptical of an insult. If one could consider a brutal hangover the best of all possible options anyway. As she laid in the floor of the cart she suddenly felt something rise up her stomach and esophagus, and immediately regretted lying horizontal. She shook her head and swallowed frantically, but alas could not undo what was to come. She was going to heave in the bottom of the cart whilst everyone's stuff was in it.

As luck would have it, Bomi's perceptiveness had come to her aid once again - or perhaps the aid of everyone else, considering the original location of her upheaval, and she felt herself slump over the edge of her of the cart before spewing her guts up in all tiefling-witch glory. This is truly the worst day of my life she thought to herself. Throwing up felt really really awful, and she instantly regretted ordering absinthe at the bar. The mere thought of alcohol made her wretch again.
    "Oh Bomi...I apologize for being such a burden..."

She hung over the edge for one long moment and let her inner world gather itself. Her heart was beating ever so rapidly. The smell of sick was making her nauseated again and she took steps backwards and slumped into the cart. Then after another moment she pulled herself to her feet. Her legs shook rapidly, but at least she could stand. She felt purged, like some kind of twenty-five year old infant. Astrid opened her eyes and gazed upon the man. It appeared that whatever her companions said to him, he was acting standoff-ish. The raven was on edge. She decided to speak up.

"Salutations sir...I'm afraid I do not speak the language that you speak...may this humble character ask if you speak common? Vs'shtak? Voroyrlid? Akhwwid? Huukec? Halfling? ****ien elven?" she wiped the remaining vomit from her mouth with the back of her hand and flicked it on the floor and looked the man dead in the eyes. She was sweatening and her eyes had deep bags under them, and she couldn't even muster a friendly expression if she tried. Her cheek muscles were too tired from wincing in agony and she no longer gave a ****.
    "If not, then I strongly suggest that you allow us to pass freely. I am really, really not in the mood for this." she spat on the floor again.
    "I am the witch Astrid. I do not like people. And right now, I really don't like you. They say I can curse a man in the blink of an eye, but that is the least of your worries. I am the unholy devil incarnate, and I swear on Belhifet's life that I will lay waste to thee. Stand aside now, and I'll do you the favour of forgetting that you ever existed." she snarled with genuine hatred in her voice. Even if he didn't understand a word I said, that should do it.

Spoiler: INTIMIDATE CHECK
    Show
    (1d20+6)[18]
    - Shaun

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Krizira added to Astrid's barrage of questions, "Dwarven? Sylvan?" Then started edging around the gathering of dogs, heading away from the town. If she was heading towards slightly higher ground, then that was entirely coincidental.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

d6 Re: Adventures in Vaal-Paradis IC

Quote Originally Posted by Cranelotus View Post
    "I am the witch Astrid. I do not like people. And right now, I really don't like you. They say I can curse a man in the blink of an eye, but that is the least of your worries. I am the unholy devil incarnate, and I swear on Belhifet's life that I will lay waste to thee. Stand aside now, and I'll do you the favour of forgetting that you ever existed." she snarled with genuine hatred in her voice. Even if he didn't understand a word I said, that should do it.
    Higiv stares at Astrid, her mouth hanging open. Then, swallowing her shock, she walks over to Astrid.

"Please, you are not fully in control of your actions right now. We don't want a fight - especially not when you're off your face. Just leave the talking to me, okay?"

She smiles up at the man. "Forgive my friend. She's had a little bit too much mead." Taking a step forward, she points at her chest. "I'm Higvi." Then, fingers stretched wide, she gestures to the man. "What's your name?"

Diplomacy: 5 + 9 = 14
    Last edited by folkiefaerie; 2016-12-21 at 12:31 PM.
    Rule one of D&D: You can't go on fire, but you can go on rats.

10. - Top - End - #70

OldWizardGuy

All of which that is described before happens within a few moments over 20 seconds, during of which the bedraggled mysterious man carefully inspects you all, now standing to attention a safe distance away and nearby to the rough terrain of which he emerged.

He looks as if considering replying to the various questions and list of languages offered, but instead ends up doing something else entirely.
    Perceiving carefully, between the maneuvering and positioning crossbow-wielder to the east, to the fiery sulfurous words of a surly mage and vomit-spitter, to the brief glimpse of a readied pocketed profane device (yes, he spotted the gun), his expression changes to blank and emotionless, and the party experiences that perhaps familiar cold chill of excitement and adrenaline that precedes an inevitable violence.

Before the party has time to react, the dog-man commands the pack with a single barked utterance and himself withdraws behind a large nearby rock and quickly gathers full cover.

In the foreground however, a dozen dogs of varying size and health go from barking nosily to growling fiercely with raised lips and sharp menacing smiles as they charge quickly towards the various members of the group. It is safe to assume that unless your character is behind something, or someone else, you draw the attention of one of these aggressor beasts.

It is during this charge towards you that it is clear that some of the dogs are foaming at the mouth with spittle, and one other, perhaps more worryingly, is a large wolf - but to your perhaps horror, this wolf has wears an undead-like description. Limp hair, a foul smell, and an uncanny lack of certain biology such as the eyes and jaw.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Surprise round over.
    'Dog-man' uses two move actions, one to command his guard dogs / animal companion / summoned allies to attack. One other to move behind a nearby large boulder and maneuvers to gather full cover.

I will draw a battle-map for your convenience at my next opportunity, but I will answer any questions about your foes / geography that you have.

Player speech and reactions as free and at any time, but otherwise - Initiatives folks.
    Let me know if you want me to simulate your turn as you've described. You can do this over FB chat if you wish.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    (1d20+4)[9]

Serianna barked out something in the same guttural language that she'd singing in before, disgust dripping heavily from the sharp and ungainly syllables. with a click of metal on wood and the woosh of igniting powder. A great gout of flame belches forth from the jaws of Hadir Altanin followed by an acrid cloud of white smoke.

Spoiler: Attack Roll
    Show
    [ROLL]1d20+5[/ROLL]
    Last edited by silly-string; 2017-01-04 at 12:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16]

Izan takes cover, putting the cart between himself and the oncoming pack.
    Having established a barrier that should provide some sort of protecting from aggressive zombie wolves, Izan drew his crossbow and peeked around the corner of the cart aiming for a shot at the undead entity.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16]

13. - Top - End - #73

OldWizardGuy

With furious barks, howling and the gnashing of fearsome fangs and teeth, it is obvious to all that combat is about to begin, with all prepared to defend themselves - yet some hesitant to harm or be harmed perhaps.

Without much surprise, the vastly outnumbered adventuring group receive first blood - the wild dogs small frames and their ferocious, starving will evaded attempts to halt their charges into dangerous spacing. The first dog to arrive at our adventurers heels faces and chases down Higvi, the hapless diplomat and bites her calf and leg painfully, obviously drawing blood and spilling unto the cracked earth below. A pained yelp from the fetchling signals that these beasts are not play-fighting in the slightest, nor this mysterious wild-man an ally of any sort.

Krizira, spotting this, breathes deeply, shakes the adrenaline from upon her hands and puts into practice what she has done hundreds of times before. Draw the bead. Adjust for bolt drift and lag. Point and click. It is a close shot, but the dog swings wildly at the last moment, clawing at Higvi's leg. Krizira's shot landing wide also. Calm as ever, she begins to load the next bolt.

It is this moment where bad seems to turn to worse, as two more wolves join in an organised pack offensive against the oracle, but no strikes come to bare harm and she only receives minor scratching to their mildly-horrifying excited animalistic actions. It's at this point it becomes clear that Higvi is vastly outnumbered and left out on point of the current situation.

Following the bolt, as Krizira steadily loads her next attack, a stray dog-shaped missle launches itself at her half-elven form and in a brutal hugging motion, succeeds in a terrible chomp to her mid-section, piercing both leather, flesh and gut. Intestine showing, Krizira manages to push off the dog from it's terrible lock back upon the ground, but is heavily wounded.

Meanwhile, Bomi drops his grasp of the cart, and hefts his pole-hammer as he charges towards the outnumbered Higvi and attempts to even the score. Arriving with heavy, dwarven footing, the dwarf swings a wide horizontal arc into the side of one of the three dancing hounds and it is dispatched into a silent, broken dog-shaped mound. "Hugvi' lass, gut bahind me." he implores.

It was during his swing however, a well placed arrow sores silently towards the undead wolf husk and plants itself upon its form, like a shaft to a target. Bulls-eye. Izan's pride and short-satisfaction would have to wait however, as the strange creature does not seem to even react to the impact, arrow now jutting out of the now open eye socket. He could have sworn he was hidden during that attack too, from behind the safety of the cart and chickens and such. Most things cannot withstand surprise attacks so easily. How peculiar.

Another dog shortly enters the fray from the area of his master. This canine is different from the others so far as in it is clearly more of an obvious threat - with wild bloodshot eyes and a terrible yellow, foul-smelling foam at the mouth. Just as Bomi's blow recovers back to his stance, a bite lands succinctly upon his thick dwarven forearm, rabid drool slavering the wound. Immediately arterial blood mixes with the disease and Bomi's usually ruddy color begins to fade almost immediately. During this, he's still standing and headbutts the dog in order to be released.

The second rabid aggressor immediately charges Astrid at the request of his owner. Astrid, now standing and only swaying a little, using her newly found vigor, confidence and swagger, deftly (luckily?) dodges out of the way of tooth and claw. The dog barking and spraying the front of the cart with all kinds of putrid biological oozes.

It is at this point Higvi is torn, Bomi is in obvious need of aid - warrior or not, yet her own situation is not a tremendous deal better. They walk the razor's edge. On the one hand to opt and save a healer and to perform subsequent healing, on the other, to save a friend. In a moment of cold reality, Higvi gathers a stony expression and clarity of mind and with a quick prayer and a five-foot-step, falls in line behind Bomi's extended reach, now returned to perfect health - her wounds not even scarring a little.

Higvi uses just a moment to dodge and weave away from her attackers and in the next moment, performing unknown oracle mysticism, the large undead wolf suddenly becomes bound to its own shadow, unable to move by its own accord. With a smile of satisfaction, it appears Higvi had just nullified one of the largest apparent threats on the field.

Astrid however, instead of finding clarity in the moment, revels in the reckless chaos of combat and enjoys the opportunity to test-drive some of her granted powers freely. A single muttered hex leaves the rabid animal, who attempted to assault her, completely unconscious. The sandman doth come. Sweet dreams, pitiful fetid unworthy creature not soon to depart from this life. F**king thing.

Serianna barked out something in the same guttural language that she'd singing in before, disgust dripping heavily from the sharp and ungainly syllables. with a click of metal on wood and the woosh of igniting powder. A great gout of flame belches forth from the jaws of Hadir Altanin followed by an acrid cloud of white smoke.
    Shot pounding into the form of the rabid dog that had just assaulted Bomi, in a moment the beast collapses, skull shattered grisly by the force of the impact. The harsh guttural language momentarily becoming whimsical and taunting as Serianna begins to pour herself a new shot.

Momentarily after, the large undead wolf catches a glimpse of Izan with its one remaining good eye and begins to charge at him directly. It reaches the cart without being waylaid and leaps upon the cart and dart across it to throttle it's new victim. Unfortunately, the days and nights have not been kind to this pour soul or form. A dramatic leap single lurch was all it took for the beings failing body and as it springs with great effort and energy, it manages to separate itself from it's own legs.

There's a legless, squirming undead wolf in the cart on the valley floor.

Three other wolves also join the fray, avoiding Bomi and Higvi and now surround the cart also, eyes switching and debating between attacking the characters, or stealing some chickens and grains. The characters around the cart are surrounded!

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

This is a fluff post, for your enjoyment. This has been the result of the first round of combat (for storytelling, I'll put the crunch in a spoilered post tomorrow. It's now 12:35, I gotta' hit bed. Hope you enjoyed. (We're screwed!)

Edits: in strikethrough.
    Last edited by Wiz0rd; 2017-01-24 at 12:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler: Number Crunch - Delicious
    Show

Turn 1 begins

Initiative Order:
    1) Dog 1
    2) Krizira
    3) Dog 2
    4) Dog 3
    5) Dog 4
    6) Bomi
    7) Izan
    8) Rabid Dog 1
    9) Rabid Dog 2
    10) Higvi
    11) Astrid
    12) Serianna
    13) Undead Wolf-thing
    14) Dog 5
    15) Dog 6
    16) Dog 7

---

Dog 1 charges Higvi. Attack roll: a 12+1(modifiers)+2(Charge)= 15, hit! Damage: 2+1= 3. Higvi has 4HP remaining. This dog has -2AC until their next action.

Krizira is eligible for a sneak attack due to her high position on any target under her in the initiative during the first round - instead she opts to roll for stealth vs. the dog attacking Higvi. She rolls an 18+enoughto succeed. Attack roll: 4+4(Dex)+1(Bless)-4(shooting into melee)= 5, miss! Krizira uses her move to load a bolt. Bad luck there.

Dogs 2 & 3 also charge Higvi, rolling 6 and 8 respectively on their attack rolls. These dogs also have -2AC until their next turn.

Dog 4 charges Krizira, the only attacker thus far. Attack roll: natural 20! Damage: 3x2+1= 6. Krizia has 2HP remaining and is bloodied. Dog has -2 to AC. Using a crossbow in melee combat provokes attacks of opportunities.

Bomi charges towards Dogs 1, 2 and 3 and the space adjacent to Higvi. Attack roll vs Dog 3: 18+2(charge)+4(STR+BAB)+1(Bless)= 25, hit. Damage: 8+4= 12. Dog 3 is slain. Bomi has -2AC until his next action.

Izan succeeds on a stealth roll, behind half-cover, on a roll of 13+13= 26. Using his shortbow (not crossbow) Izan takes a shot at the undead wolf, as described by his post. Attack roll: 11+5+1 = 17, hit. Damage: 3, no sneak attack damage on undead creatures.

Rabid Dog 1 charge attacks Bomi after slaying another dog ally! Attack roll: Natural 20! Damage: 3x2+1 = 7, Bomi goes to 5HP. Bomi rolls a 3+7 = 10 vs. resistance to Rabies. Fails. Bomi takes 4 points of Constitution damage. Bomi falls to 3HP due to HP reduction. Bad Rabid Dog 1, naughty dog. Rabid Dog 1 has -2AC until their next action.

Rabid Dog 2 charge attacks Astrid. Rolls a 6+1+2 = 9, miss.

Higvi takes a 5ft step back behind Bomi, not provoking an attack of opportunity and casts Cure Light Wounds on herself, rolling a total of 5+1. Higvi is back to perfect condition! Higvi takes a 5ft-step and uses oracle magic to lock the undead wolf in place, binding it to its own shadow and preventing its movement.

Astrid uses her slumber hex as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Rabid Dog 2 rolls a 3+1 on resisting the spell-like effect, and fails. Rabid dog 2 is fast asleep! Astrid uses her move action to move behind the cart with Izan.

Serianna lines up a shot at Rabid Dog 1 that has wounded Bomi. Attack roll: 16+5(DEX+BAB)+1(Bless)-4(shooting into melee)= 18, hit! Damage: 6. Rabid dog 1 is slain. Free surprise intimidation from the sound of gunfire: rolls a 5, no effect.

Undead Wolf charges the cart in order to reach Izan and Astrid, and rolls a natural 1. The undead wolf is unharmed but immobile and in the cart, fluff described above.

Dogs 5, 6 and 7 use their movement actions to maneuver around the battlefield carefully and prepare melee attack actions. They have surrounded the cart.

End of turn 1!
    Last edited by Wiz0rd; 2017-01-24 at 12:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Astrid juddered on the spot, unable to quite compute what she had just done. Her fingers twitched, her eyes darted between everything that moved in the battlefield, and she felt as though she had suddenly become hyper-aware (the truth was not quite so dramatic). She did not feel as though the hex came from her - rather, the words for the hex heaved out of her mouth like a triggered gag reflex. She hated dogs, and reasoned that the primal fear in her had given her an adrenaline rush, and the words simply presented themselves through her in her time of need. Though not to downplay her skill, in the eye of chaos she felt like water - water composed of used alcohol and chunks of yesterday's dinner, but water still.

She witnessed the rabid undead wolf set its sights on Izan. She then witnessed itself rip its own legs own. Astrid erupted into laughter, unable to contain herself. She took a few deep breaths, looked at the gnashing body on the floor and started laughing in full throttle again. How witch-like, to cackle so freely.

Astrid composed herself somewhat when the three other wolves surrounded them. She didn't really know how to save herself (rarely did she know what to do in most situations, but some would say there's a difference between how much salt constitutes one pinch and a pack of bloodthirsty dogs). Peeking from behind the cart she looked to the people near her - Bomi, Serianna and Izan. And suddenly she realized that she would have to rely on the group to ensure her own survival, and this fact frightened her deeply.

The realities of adventuring had come so harshly that Astrid imagined she wouldn't be the only one feeling sobriety was forced upon her. For them to save her, she decided that she would have to do her bit to save them. Astrid surveyed the battlefield again - Bomi, Serianna, Izan, Higvi and Krizira. Deciding that everyone else could probably survive at least two dogs bites, logic dictated that she would be the one to help first.

"Good grief, I regret waking up today. Let's adventure tomorrow, shall we? Or possibly next week. You're looking rough, elf-girl. Through flesh, dirt, sky and lumber, out of us and them dogs have the higher number, well let me make a suggestion: take a slumber!" with a few more words than necessary, Astrid casts Slumber on the dog threatening Krizira.
    Last edited by Cranelotus; 2017-01-25 at 07:54 AM.
    - Shaun

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

With the control over her reflexes born from years of training to be as quiet as possible, Krizira managed not to cry out when the dog attacked her. She dropped the bolt she'd been in the process of loading, but managed to keep hold of her crossbow. She smacked the dog with it in an attempt to get it away from her more than actually hoping to do some damage, although the motion pulled at her wound and sent a fresh wave of pain shooting through her. Luckily Astrid chose that moment to come to her aid, quite possibly saving her life, so Krizira allowed herself to slump against the cart and set her crossbow down beside her, clutching her stomach with one hand. She managed to drag her dagger out of its hidden sheath, feeling a little safer with a weapon in hand even if it wouldn't likely do her much good if she was attacked again.
    "Thank you," She rasped, giving Astrid a weak smile.

17. - Top - End - #77

OldWizardGuy

Loud bags, strange incomprehensible atmospheric shifts and battle cries all serve to stew and befuddle a beasts' mind and senses, and such, one of the dogs unleashes a savage leap at another dog, not one of play or bickering, but one of earnest killing intent. With claws outstretched, a vicious bite splashes crimson from the other dogs back.

Luckily Astrid chose that moment to come to her aid, quite possibly saving her life, so Krizira allowed herself to slump against the cart and set her crossbow down beside her, clutching her stomach with one hand. She managed to drag her dagger out of its hidden sheath, feeling a little safer with a weapon in hand even if it wouldn't likely do her much good if she was attacked again.
    And with such, Krizira gained a moment of solace, embracing full cover with allies and a barrier between danger and risk. Her only clear quandary being what she opts to do in her next critical moments.

Fellow dog, with another ally clawed and attached lock-jaw upon their body, had no qualm with attacking Higvi, clawing with an uncanny natural prowess, they strike and draws blood again. The pain and injury not being enough to overcome Higvi's adrenaline and willpower, however. She stands stoically, wounds and all.

The canine who sunk their terrible natural weapons into Krizira's mid-rift, rather than continuing the chase, sunk eagerly into quenching more base desires: starvation. Lapping up the viscera, blood and torn muscle, the dog loses their concentration on the fight to enjoy a well earned, and desperate meal upon the arid ground.

Bomi, on the other hand, is not distracted by the promise of an impromptu meal and ignoring the sinking feeling of an inevitable terrible disease, strikes with a loud, efforted roar and with his elongated hammer, delivers a terrible shattering blow to one of their shared dog enemies. The poor victim slumped, never to be in motion again.

Izan, scanning the situation, poked his head and weapon out above cover and took the shot against one of the distracted animals. The shot struck true and the attack was all the more painful and shocking owing to it's hidden, stealthy nature. Arrow half-deep into the lungs of the beast, with a wheeze and whimper, the animal spun senselessly and collapsed, the light of their life leaving their eyes. Izan, cooly, prepares his next action.

Higvi, with gritted teeth and determination, with an uncharacteristic martial streak, throws a wild swing with her twisted, malformed morning star. One of the more prominent spikes lands cleanly and cruelly in the skull of her last attacker. Wrenching her killing tool free, one of the metallic spikes remain in her foe. A gory jewel upon the brow.

"Through flesh, dirt, sky and lumber, out of us and them dogs have the higher number, well let me make a suggestion: take a slumber!"
    And with such, her will be done, and a four legged creature bows and departs for the lands of dreams, victim to the wills of the awake and ready.

Serianna, standing steadfast, acting with a grace of many nights practiced motions, a metallic ball of promising death is loaded, and fired with a mighty roar and lick of flame. The shot grazes and scatters the back claws of a drooling distracted dog. It's stance and step now replaced with an injured hop.

Only one other hound has found any semblance of success, in the combat and confusion, has managed to slay and begin to carry one of Bomi's prized chickens from within the safety of the cart. The chicken still and silent within the jaws of the dog, now lops as the predator practically skips with joy away from the adventuring band, prize in mouth.

Nearby, from within the rocks, the unmistakable sound of an eagle's cry pierces the action. A silhouette glides and traces a shady winged shape across the wasteland, rising away from the sight and sound of combat. Only a careful, undistracted, squinted eye could tell.
    Last edited by Wiz0rd; 2017-03-07 at 06:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz0rd View Post
    Izan, scanning the situation, poked his head and weapon out above cover and took the shot against one of the distracted animals. The shot struck true and the attack was all the more painful and shocking owing to it's hidden, stealthy nature. Arrow half-deep into the lungs of the beast, with a wheeze and whimper, the animal spun senselessly and collapsed, the light of their life leaving their eyes. Izan, cooly, prepares his next action.
    "Well that's one less we have to deal with. Let's see if I can't do that again" Izan thought while drawing back another arrow. He took aim at the creature absconding with one of the chickens and let it fly.

Spoiler: Dice Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+5)[7]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Krizira pulled her scarf from around her neck and pressed it to her wound, gritting her teeth at the extra pain the action caused. Then she clawed her way to her feet, leaning against the cart to keep herself upright, and kept the scarf pressed against her stomach with one hand while she held her dagger out with the other, ready to strike if she was attacked again. She would've like to help fight off the last of the dogs, but she felt that if she tried to move she'd end up on the floor again.