New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (INC) Bellows of War- Crafting Thread Part II

Kamyol blinked in confusion and just sort of reflexively started sweeping the floor. He glanced over at Xerex and flashed him an 'I have no idea what's happening' look, and then glanced back at Ricard and tried to gauge what was going on. Sense motive: (1d20+10)[16]
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xerex shrugged and shook his head back at Kamyol, equally confused at Ricard's behavior, "Are you needing help or something, sir?" he asked, trying the direct approach.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #933
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol chuckled sheepishly. "I think it's just old habits," he said. He propped the broom against the counter and ran his fingers through his hair.
    "Ricard, if we're pretty settled on our arrangements here, there's... one more thing I feel I have to tell you before we go. After the mess with the demon was taken care of, we got around to sorting things from Kamoru's earlier salvage mission. And, well, we found some rather unsettling things that could have broader implications for our family, or just... others like us." Kamyol took a deep breath.
    "We found Holy Human Crusade uniforms hidden in barrels of magical reagents. They came from a farm where there was evidence of some kind of black market dealings involved with the herbs. I don't want to think about what they were doing, producing and stockpiling high quantities of reagents like that. Whatever it is, it can't be good, and we probably need to be even more vigilant, until we can figure out what's going on."
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #934
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Listening while finishing his meal, taking cues from his companion.

"So there are no traders or merchants that deals solely in the selling magical components or ingredients?"

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai frowned a little.

"Ebon would be the one to speak to. It looks like we are finished here, Ill take you to him, I know he could answer your questions."

As Nihisk Finishes up, she takes him to the merchant district to look for Ebon so he can explain things to the Ratfolk.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nihisk follows Sai closely, appearing to look like a tourist absorbing all the sights. While walking to their location he speaks to her.

"What do you do with in this vast city? With your skills something important I suspect."

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ricard grunts. "Nothing to worry about. Human Crusade is always funding trouble somewhere, always gathering resources. I try to keep an ear out for them, and there's nothing special going on right now. You'd be better off focusing your attention on keeping people alive." Ricard stops cleaning. "I'd better get to work selling this stuff. You had best be on your way. I'll tell Jonyun you were here. Have a good one!" Ricard opens the door for Kamyol and Xerex.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol pursed his lips and looked unconvinced, but he walked out with the professor. Once they were outside and a short distance away, Kamyol sighed and raked his fingers through his hair.
    "Well, that didn't go badly, though some of it I wish had gone differently. I forget, did you want to tag along to speak to the military nobles or no? Bartleby said he wanted to go, so I'll need to see if I can find him and head that way," he said.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-25 at 08:08 AM.
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai smiles to the ratfolk.

"Im actually an Envoy from the Silver Isles as a diplomentary action to aid in Goldenrods recovery program. I have talents in magical crafting. "
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nihisk's ears twitch as he thinks.

"Nihisk is not familiar with the location, more comfortable in a sea of sand than water. Is everyone like yourself there?"

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Sai and Nihisk travel to the eastern half of the Market District. Along the northern edge is a blacksmith's shop. Its sign is a forgehammer with a sun shining behind it. They enter to see a muscular human man with black hair working a forge behind the counter. As they enter, there is a chirping sound. The man says, "I'll be done in just a minute! What can I do for you?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I would not say all I like me.... we all have different talents. Im...a lesser lesser lesser Noble.I think that is how you would say it in this language"

Sai spoke as she was entering the shop.

Spoiler: Language: Rokugan
    Show
    Im coming In.

She heard the chirp and looked around, quizically.

"Hello Master Ebon... I know it must seem like only a few hours for you... Never mind. The City is no longer purchasing crafts from the Triple Golden Alliance, and I remember you had a shop for purchasing Items.... I have a load of items that need.... purchasing."
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #943
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"sure, I'll tag along. I haven't really planned much today anyway" the professor replied smiling.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #944
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ebon Corley continues hammering, but shouts over the noise, "Well that was gonna happen! Can't say as I blame them. If you need a place to sell your things, I've got one! I was gonna rent the space out to Ebon Nebula, but, well, he's not gonna need it the way he is right now. I ask for 10% of your profits as rent! Not your sales, mind, but your profits! How does that strike you?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai frowned a little as she listened to the man in the other room.

"Profit? Im not sure how to gage how much to sell them for... could you help me?"
    Festival of Heroes:

16. - Top - End - #946
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Sai hears a loud, firm voice say, "HOLD ON!!!" Sai and Nihisk hear a hissing sound, and hot steam begins jumping up to the ceiling. There is a clank of metal on metal as he places his project on the anvil. The muscular human turns around and wipes his brow, then wipes it on his leather apron. He walks up to the counter. Ebon Corley blinks slightly as he looks at Nihisk. "Thought you were Skrolk there for a minute, but no, you look different. Ebon Corley, Radiant Priest of Pelor...and you are?"

After introductions are finished, he answers Sai's question. "You ever been a merchant? It's like this- you've got a sword, right? And you paid a platinum to have it made, let's say. Those are your costs. If you sell it for that much, you broke even. If you sell it for more, anything above a platinum is profit! You keep a book, see, and it has all your costs and profits and rent and things in it, cause Goldenrod likes to take their share as well. But if you're using my stall, I cover you there. That's why I just ask for a share of the profits. It's not a very large space, but you get a chunk of the counter to put whatever merchandise is yours over there. Don't even have to run it yourself, if you don't have a mind to. Just means you'll have to trust my word, and my ability to sell your things, if you don't watch it yourself!"

Ebon watches Sai's reaction closely. "Does that make sense? Did I go too fast?" the human says amicably.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai Pulls out 20 Potions and 10 Brooches.

"I think I understand the premise of Profit... but.... How much Profit should I ask for?"

She seemed to frown a little, not being well versed in the buisness side of crafting.
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ebon goes, "Humm. Well, that's up to your conscience, I suppose, but it's also up to your customers. Price is a delicate balancing act. The standard markup is double what you paid to make it. That gives you enough to make another one. This is generally called 'market price'. The actual selling price can go up or down. That's a complicated subject. It's basically this- how high do you want to- or think you can get away with?- raising the price without driving away your customers? That depends on things like how much they know or like you, how much competition there is, and heck, what the weather's like any given day!" The priest shakes his head. "I'm sorry I can't be much more specific. There are people who spend their whole lives dealing with this particular subject, and I'm more blacksmith than merchant. But hopefully that gives you an idea." He glances at the second counter to his left. "The space is there, if you agree to my price. Up to you. You're welcome!" Ebon Corley smiles at the woman.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

19. - Top - End - #949
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai ponders for a moment. Then nods, as if agreeing with herself. She sets her belongings in the place Ebon Pointed to. She gave a deep bow to Ebon.

"Honorable Priest. I would be most thankful if you could sell my items at 110% of market Cost. I will have more things to see in the near future. Let your customers know if they have requests, I am taking commissions, with a preference for bulk crafting. Such as they potions and Brooches"
    Festival of Heroes:

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ebon nods. "If you could leave me a list of what's what and how much it's for sale for, and/or make signs for customers, that would be very helpful. I'll let people know otherwise. So 10% over market price, now taking commissions for potions and brooches. Got it!" Ebon does a half-salute, half-wave of acknowledgment. "If you wanna come in after hours and decorate or arrange things, that'll probably help too. The nicer things look, the more likely customers will buy from you."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai raises her hands up in defense.

"No No no... not just potions and brooches. Rings, Weapons, Armors, Potions, any knicknacks desired... "

She nods and quickly writes down the specifications of the Brooches, and the potions so Ebon will know how much to sell them for, and what their properties are.
    Festival of Heroes:

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol walked with the professor to the Spire. He poked his head into the lobby and glanced around.
    "Bartleby? You here?" he called.
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #953
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nihisk, like his distant smaller cousins, finds a shadow to silently watch and observe. The slight twitch of his ears his only movement as he takes mental notes of the exchange of the two and seeing how bartering is done within this city. As his ears focus on the conversation his eyes scan the forge/store. Taking in what he seems to be working on, what is for sale, and what isn't for sale.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll For:

Knowledge Local [roll]1d20+#16[/roll]

Profession (merchant) (1d20+15)[23]

Craft (1d20+20)[37]

Appraise (1d20+14)[24]

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Yes? Hello?" Bartleby answered. The Dwarven cleric walked out to find his friends. "I made the mistake of following Skrolk around. I ended up on a tour of his favorite walls. So, what's up?"
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-05-30 at 07:45 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

"We're about to go visit those military nobles, now. You wanted to come along for that, right?" Kamyol asked.
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bartleby straightened his posture. "Yes, actually. It would help to know what they want in weapons and armor."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

27. - Top - End - #957
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nihisk gives a small smiles and walks calmly from the shadows. He moves towards the weapons looking them over with awe.

"Master Blacksmith you are an artist with metal. It is easy to see why Madam Sai brought Nihisk here. Though Nihisk was wondering if you dealt with a more specialized weapon? Nihisk is always looking to advance his weapon of choice."

He walks closer to Sai and pulls his traveling cloak to the side showing a pistol.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ebon Corley picks up the device and examines it carefully, then puts it back down gently. "This is a more complicated device than I'm capable of working with, I'm afraid. I've never seen anything like it before. Sorry."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai takes a moment to arrange her wares... well, all but one of her brooches, in the space designated for her to use. She again bows to Ebon.

"Master Nihisk. I am going to be returning to the others that took a tour with your caravan. Im not sure if Mrs. Landingham will have a problem with your entry. You may have to discuss that with her if you wish to continue accompanying me."
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Sai and Nihisk leave Ebon Corley's shop and head towards the crafting spire. As they are heading north towards the spires, they encounter Kamyol, Professor Xerex, and Bartleby heading the other way.
    Show

DM of Twinborn