New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP Sidequests] Do Equestrian Dragons Have Balls?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Apfel raised an eye-ridge. Several problems in the story stuck out in his mind in regards to the story of the three pony tribes. Most notably, the idea that the three tribes operated interdependently and equally. It was silly, in his mind. The Earth Ponies gave 2/3 of their crops away? Did the weather affect Pegasi 2/3rds less, or the sun shine 1/3rds as much for the unicorns? What primitive agrarian society could function with only 1/3rd their own crops? He was willing to give the unicorns the benefit of the doubt about the rotation of Equus around the sun being attributed to unicorn magic being used as a scam, as he didn't think that Celestia would be the one to operate that kind of interplanetary fraud, especially in front of someone to whom the mechanics of planetary rotation and revolution were quite familiar.

The Incirrian sat down. Nodding as Celestia finished. The ruin a corrupt ruler would bring happens whether or not emotivorous frost-monsters exist. The difference is that without the Wendigoes, such ruin is a slow process whose pace and progression is almost imperceptible. In a way, I envy you.

May I be so bold as to request you teach me these meditative techniques?
    Had Apfel asked about these problems, Celestia would have pointed out that, yes, these problems were what caused a lot of the friction in the first place, and much of it abated with the three tribes coming together to form a single society. After all, the Earth ponies were no longer giving away crops to other societies, they were tilling them for one single society, which happened to be their own. Also, Earth ponies were very talented at growing crops.

Had Apfel asked about the situation with the mechanics of planetary rotation and revolution, she would have explained that Equus didn't have its own Coriolis effect, causing it to rely on an artificial sun and moon, kept in place via advanced magic.

However, he asked neither of these things, so she did not explain.

"I would be happy to," she replied with a smile. "But first, I have one last question -- what does it mean to rule? To you, I mean."

Good maneuvering. Now control my center. Apfel coached as he sought an opportunity to test her defensive abilities. He flew at her, driving his World Blade forward so as to stab her.
    Starlight flicked her wing, dodging to the side as she watched Apfel carefully, continuing to analyze his attack patterns.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana giggled. 'You surely know how to use big words, you should write the lyrics for my album! Nyahaha!'
    Vodkana felt hyped. 'I'll train belilyan exotic dancers! No! From all the species! I'll recruit the Great Maharjas of Tastes. in year from now... we will celebrate, my ascension as the goddess of the empire! Founding a new religion! Vodkanism! NYahaha"'
    She scratched under Hailing's chin. 'You are so sweet! Nya...' she purred with a delight.

'Unless what!? Tell me!' she demanded, her curiosity belonged to him.

Even down at the party, her clones, paused what ever they did with an anticipation. Hailing was probably the most exciting thing, she ever met!
    Hailing grinned knowingly, very much enjoying the leverage he had over Vodkana in his knowing and her ignorance. That will be a surprise.

In fact, much of the party shall be a surprise. You will plan with me, coordinate the movement of personnel, equipment, resources, the logistics, by my side, with nothing but total ignorance as to even the galaxy this party shall be hosted within! Your anticipation shall build, only on the eve of our arrival shall these secrets be revealed, and it will be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Had Apfel asked about these problems, Celestia would have pointed out that, yes, these problems were what caused a lot of the friction in the first place, and much of it abated with the three tribes coming together to form a single society. After all, the Earth ponies were no longer giving away crops to other societies, they were tilling them for one single society, which happened to be their own. Also, Earth ponies were very talented at growing crops.

Had Apfel asked about the situation with the mechanics of planetary rotation and revolution, she would have explained that Equus didn't have its own Coriolis effect, causing it to rely on an artificial sun and moon, kept in place via advanced magic.

However, he asked neither of these things, so she did not explain.

"I would be happy to," she replied with a smile. "But first, I have one last question -- what does it mean to rule? To you, I mean."
    Apfel paused, taking a moment to think over his answer. What is leadership? He asked back. The recognized decision-maker is the leader, whether it is a peer group, a nation, a planet, or an intergalactic empire. Only with the recognition of their followers is a leader recognized as such.

Starlight flicked her wing, dodging to the side as she watched Apfel carefully, continuing to analyze his attack patterns.
    As she dodged, Apfel was already on top of her, swinging his blade in piercing motions, more interested in probing her defenses than anything. Use your energy for rapid movement. Your wings telegraph your movements. He coached.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana mewed.
    "You are SOOO evil! Nya!" her ki rose, her eyes glowed, and she prepared a ki blast, and then laughed.
    "I love it!" she giggled.

"You really are my number 1 fan... nya' she purred.
    'Would you like to join me, in recruiting the Maharjas? Nya?"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Apfel paused, taking a moment to think over his answer. What is leadership? He asked back. The recognized decision-maker is the leader, whether it is a peer group, a nation, a planet, or an intergalactic empire. Only with the recognition of their followers is a leader recognized as such.
    Celestia shook her head. "I asked what it means to rule, not what it means to lead," she replied. "The two are very different, albeit quite subtly. To rule is to guide your people, not to lead them. It is not to seek or demand praise or even recognition for your efforts, but to earn it with quiet dignity. One must embrace a contradiction: you are in a position of power, yet you must recognize that the end goal has nothing to do with you. My greatest feats are not something big, like sealing away the incarnation of chaos itself in a stone prison -- these are requirements. My true success is measured by my subjects' successes. Like Starlight, the pony who was willing to risk her life to save a planet full of innocent yet ultimately unimportant animals. And so it must be with you. That is the secret to resisting the evil within." Of course, it helped that they also had the Elements of Harmony to literally purge the evil within anypony's heart, so if she did go bad it wouldn't be for long. But that likely wouldn't help Apfel much.

As she dodged, Apfel was already on top of her, swinging his blade in piercing motions, more interested in probing her defenses than anything. Use your energy for rapid movement. Your wings telegraph your movements. He coached.
    Starlight frowned in thought. "Question," she said, dancing backwards out of the blade's reach. She had to flutter her wings to do so, however, as pony bodies weren't as well made for walking backwards. "Wouldn't those who can sense energy sense the energy buildup, thus causing it to telegraph my movements anyway?"
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

5. - Top - End - #125

Celestia & Apfel

Apfel tilted his head slightly. A teacher, then. A guide. An avatar of some higher ideal to strive for. The problem in Apfel's mind is that it sounded as though a ruler could do no wrong without ceasing to be a ruler, by definition. Certainly Hailing is not a ruler by this definition, yet his leadership and rule is recognized as law across dozens of galaxies.

Starlight & Apfel

I...couldn't say. Apfel replies to Starlight. He flew back, giving the spar a pause for the conversation. I don't know how to sense energy, I can only speculate: The amount of energy needed to defy gravity's embrace is quite small, I would be surprised if it could be detected at all over the fighter's full energy signature. Like spotting the albino with the alabass. The Cirran equivalent of the saying "needle in the haystack." Alabass are schooling fish native to Cirra notable for their white colorations. Albino members of the species are known to exist but are difficult to spot, unless specimens are compared side-by-side with non-albinos. They wouldn't look out-of-place in Earth's oceans at all.

Techniques also exist to conceal energy, an ability which I do not have, either. I suspect the energy needed to fly may be concealed as well. Can you sense energy? We may test your theory.

Hailing & Vodkana

Hailing felt thrilled to be recognized as Vodkana's #1 fan. He reached out towards the errant ki-blast, attempting to take hold, and swallow.

Recruiting the Marjahanas? Sign me up! Hailing answered enthusiastically before tilting his head as he recognized his own ignorance.

I'm sorry, who are the Menajahtwa

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana giggled. First, she was hesitating to admit, there were better cheffs than her But now, she seen well.. that Hailing admired her.. for her personality?
    Ugh.
    It sound deep or something.
    Anyway, Hailing won't think less of her, just because she isn't the greatest chef. He probably thought she was a fraud, using Beerus's name.. but he didn't cared. She was amusing to him. Vodkana could use her traveling exprience, to show Hailing worlds of exotic pleasure alien and foriegn.

"Nyahaha... first.. take a slice of your cake.' one of her clones flew to them carrying a plate with a big slice.
    "Eat.' she commanded adding a whip of her tail, to make it sound.. more dominante.
    "On planet Meal... this is considered.. a bit more the mid leveled." Vodkana wishpered.
    ""The Maharjas, are the ministers of tastes- Sweet, Salty, Sour ans bitter. Nya." she explained. "And above all stand the Raja-Chef-King."
    She purred.
    "Do... you have a place for us... to play more?' she kissed him passionatly.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Celestia & Apfel

Apfel tilted his head slightly. A teacher, then. A guide. An avatar of some higher ideal to strive for. The problem in Apfel's mind is that it sounded as though a ruler could do no wrong without ceasing to be a ruler, by definition. Certainly Hailing is not a ruler by this definition, yet his leadership and rule is recognized as law across dozens of galaxies.
    Celestia nodded. "It is more complicated than that, of course," she remarked. "Sometimes one has to intervene, such as when a powerful threat invades your kingdom, or when an ally calls to you for help. But the key point to remember is that your success as a ruler is tied directly to the success and welfare of those you rule."

Starlight & Apfel

I...couldn't say. Apfel replies to Starlight. He flew back, giving the spar a pause for the conversation. I don't know how to sense energy, I can only speculate: The amount of energy needed to defy gravity's embrace is quite small, I would be surprised if it could be detected at all over the fighter's full energy signature. Like spotting the albino with the alabass. The Cirran equivalent of the saying "needle in the haystack." Alabass are schooling fish native to Cirra notable for their white colorations. Albino members of the species are known to exist but are difficult to spot, unless specimens are compared side-by-side with non-albinos. They wouldn't look out-of-place in Earth's oceans at all.

Techniques also exist to conceal energy, an ability which I do not have, either. I suspect the energy needed to fly may be concealed as well. Can you sense energy? We may test your theory.
    Starlight nodded. "I do," she said. "My problem is that ponies channel energy differently -- for us, it is often quite difficult, if not impossible, to conceal our magic. We cast it through the alicorn -- a keratin-like material -- that composes our hooves, feathers, fur, and horns, and when we do so, it creates a visible glow, like this." She ignited her horn and cast a simple levitation spell on herself, rising up a few feet then landing. "Perhaps I simply need to learn to cast it through my wing feathers without actually moving them ... hmmm...."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #128

Hailing & Vodkana

Hailing at once admired Beerus. A lot, actually. If anything, Beerus was the spiritual mentor of Hailing and the basis of his nihilism. It wasn't some grand moving speech or great work of literature or art that turned him, it was what He represented. What humanity would know as the Nietzschian will-to-power. That an individual of sufficiently strong will, charisma, force, or other may become elevated above traditional expectations of morality and ethics, and substitute their own. The Übermensch. What stronger argument could there possibly exist for the subjectivity of morality and ethics than for the pen-ultimate Übermensch that is Lord Beerus the Destroyer marauding the universe every half-century or so, taking what He wills and destroying what will not be given? To what higher standard or authority does the Destroyer answer? What value exists in such morality that captures small fish and allows big fish freedom? None! It's worthless! A lie that exists only to constrain fools from their true potential.

In this void of reason, ethics, or virtue, Hailing found true freedom. He would wield the Nietzchian will-to-power. He will take what he can, and destroy what he cannot, until such a time that an even greater presence would overtake him, and impose their Nietzchian will-to-power.

What Vodkana represented, however, was different. The possibility that she was lying about her heritage was irrelevant. Those who abandoned Vodkana for that reason alone were shallow as shallow could be. A single girl using the name of Beerus as the platform for her own will-to-power. That, itself, was amazing. Her wanton abandonment of all these petty lies of restraint and morality, that was beautiful.

And the way she defiled the name of Beerus, that was endlessly amusing.

Hailing returned the kiss, his lips tasting strongly of cake that he devoured just a minute ago at Vodkana's request.

At Vodkana's inquiry, Hailing simply looked upwards, and smiled, gesturing towards the capital ship in low geosync orbit above the Lookout.

Celestia & Apfel

I cannot guarantee the success of everyone. Apfel replied. There have many who have made careers off of the status-quo, either directly or indirectly. Mal-intentioned, or decent. Should I have my way and the Empire is disbanded peacefully, their failure is assured.

First, I have to win the argument.

Starlight & Apfel

That is...actually quite a crippling vulnerability. Apfel observed, tilting his head in concern. It would be as though disabling my right hand would make me unable to use my energy.

Does your species have no way to utilize energy as I do, or must it manifest as magic?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana

Yes. Vodkana knew it probably won't last forever. She knew Hailing was an evil monster. She knew she getting used to life style that might corrupt all the hard work the R.A putted at redeeming her. She even knew that for Hailing she was an exciting toy at best.

And Vodkana loved every bit of it.
    With Hailing Vodkana didn't had to walk so carefully around her friends's restraiments and alien morales which she had to work so hard to respect.

Vodkana was free.

Vodkana wrapped her tail around Hailing's neck with the most disrespectful way she could.
    "Good! Throne rooms are my favorite rooms Nya!" she giggled.
    It was true by the way. And Hailing as her number 1 might know it.
    A throne room was a symbol of the power and the rulership of a nation. Usualy using kings and princes (and queens and princesses- under her desires everyone was equal)
    at their very throne room had a special touch to it.

She dragged Hailing purring happily.

(would you mind a conversation scene with Polar? dont worry Vodkana will behave)

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Celestia & Apfel

I cannot guarantee the success of everyone. Apfel replied. There have many who have made careers off of the status-quo, either directly or indirectly. Mal-intentioned, or decent. Should I have my way and the Empire is disbanded peacefully, their failure is assured.

First, I have to win the argument.
    Celestia nodded. "I know that if I were to disband Equestria as a nation, it would cause problems for many of my little ponies," she replied. "Do you have a plan to ensure the well-being of as many of these people as possible?"

Starlight & Apfel

That is...actually quite a crippling vulnerability. Apfel observed, tilting his head in concern. It would be as though disabling my right hand would make me unable to use my energy.

Does your species have no way to utilize energy as I do, or must it manifest as magic?
    Starlight thought for a moment. "Well, hypothetically it's possible to channel energy through our fur, but nopony has really bothered to try before," she replied. "We have simply developed better ways. As for testing my theory, I think I know what you mean. Let's try it." Taking a deep breath, Starlight focused on Apfel's energy, waiting for him to make his move.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #131

Celestia nodded. "I know that if I were to disband Equestria as a nation, it would cause problems for many of my little ponies," she replied. "Do you have a plan to ensure the well-being of as many of these people as possible?"
    That's a difficult question. Apfel replies. You do not want to cause unnecessary harm to people or their careers. I certainly will do my best to ensure the ease of their transition into regional, seceded bureaucracies. On the other hand, it isn't my responsibility. I don't pay their salaries. The taxpayers of the Empire do, and to subsidize their continued employment would be to the long-term detriment of the economy. After all, if their work were truly valuable, then taxes wouldn't be necessary to pay them.

Put simply, I do not have a plan.

Starlight thought for a moment. "Well, hypothetically it's possible to channel energy through our fur, but nopony has really bothered to try before," she replied. "We have simply developed better ways. As for testing my theory, I think I know what you mean. Let's try it." Taking a deep breath, Starlight focused on Apfel's energy, waiting for him to make his move.
    Apfel's energy was a radiant sun. What subtle movements could be made out began as such: It lifted him several inches into the sky. Until all at once, it moved with him, sending him flying to Starlight's leftward direction. Only the most infinitesimal of delays could be detected between when his energy moved left, and when he did, physically, but it was there.

Vodkana & Hailing

Vodkana might have been mislead, by no mal-intention on Hailing's part. The throne room as the seat of power in the Empire was on Arcos. The Court of the Eye. So named for the Palace of the Eye, a massive Arcosian station that hovered inside the Eye of Arcos, a colossal hyperstorm that appeared as a large brown dot on the surface of the gas hypergiant. That was the seat of power. The throne room within the Emperor's Vanity was hardly a facsimile to the garish excess of the Court. A pale imitation to those who could survive Arcos and have seen the Court of the Eye for themselves. Still, it had its uses for when ambassadors and diplomats arrived too weak to withstand Arcos' gravity.

The frustration was evident in Hailing's face, who at once wanted to take Vodkana to the Court of the Eye, but had no way of knowing if it would simply kill her, something he didn't want to have happen, if he could help it! And it's not like Arcos is that far, either. The teleporter is up and working, heck, he was on Arcos a few hours ago doing, uh, what was he doing on Arcos? Anyways. Hailing brooded on this thought, otherwise ignoring Vodkana's shenanigans.

Excuse me. Another voice caught Vodkana's attention, an Arcosian. One she might recognize as Prince Polar. Why are you...still alive? Anyone else. Literally anyone else tried doing that with his dad would have had their shadow burnt into the wall a long time ago.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-07-04 at 02:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: Lol. I have imagined it after a time skip. Looks even better than what I have imagined.
    Well, in this case, Vodkana can't allow herself to be too gentle.
    Vodkana

Vodkana was surprised. She sure planned talking to Polar, but she planned to do it, in calm environment, and a tea with cake. Apfel putted a lot of trust and hope at this Arcosian. She had to get to know him.
    She didn't spied for militaristic Intel- but she had to learn about the the elite of the empire. Things.. that Apfel, probably would never dare, to investigate their darker sides. Their hearts, desires.
    But here and now? Well... she can't get softy here.
    "Duh! Because I am the hottest girl, that ever has lived at this universe! Nya!" Vodkana said with an amused eye roll.
    She added something- more for Hailing, than actually flirting. (From what Apfel told about Polar, she decided he wasn't a playmate- at best, he would be a "friend" like the RA are.)
    "Arrre you jealous?" she said with a lot of sultry in her voice.
    "I am surrrre your father would enjoy a quality time with you grooming a kitty."
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-07-06 at 07:40 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #133

Vodkana & Hailing

Are you-are you coming on to me?! Polar blurted out, more shocked and appalled than anything. Vodkana had read him correctly, being far more selective and prudish than his father. He simply didn't find non-female Arcosians attractive. Finding his darker side would be far more difficult, whereas Hailing lead with his vice.

As such, he found the interaction hilarious. What are you afraid of, Polar? He laughed.

It's not-ugh. Generic teenage noises. Except that Polar is 22 standard years old. Dad, isn't she part of the Rebel Confederacy that's trying to kill you?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana & Hailing

Are you-are you coming on to me?! Polar blurted out, more shocked and appalled than anything. Vodkana had read him correctly, being far more selective and prudish than his father. He simply didn't find non-female Arcosians attractive. Finding his darker side would be far more difficult, whereas Hailing lead with his vice.

As such, he found the interaction hilarious. What are you afraid of, Polar? He laughed.

It's not-ugh. Generic teenage noises. Except that Polar is 22 standard years old. Dad, isn't she part of the Rebel Confederacy that's trying to kill you?
    If Polar made homework on the "Minister OF Cooking" he would discover that she actually made some important projects- even if relativly subtle.
    -Stating higher food standards, has lowered the case of food poisoning by 15%, and peopel lost less work days. And quality of life raised.
    - An empirial project of passing leftovers to starving planets, with minimal costs of transportation
    - Working on Intergalactic cooking school, which would tighten the connections between cooks of all species.

"So what?" Vodkana shrugged. "Your daddy is too big, to let such little matters to bother him. Nya.' she looked amused at Polar.
    "Nya. You are adorable. You would have loved them too! They are so funny! Nyahaha!"

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a difficult question. Apfel replies. You do not want to cause unnecessary harm to people or their careers. I certainly will do my best to ensure the ease of their transition into regional, seceded bureaucracies. On the other hand, it isn't my responsibility. I don't pay their salaries. The taxpayers of the Empire do, and to subsidize their continued employment would be to the long-term detriment of the economy. After all, if their work were truly valuable, then taxes wouldn't be necessary to pay them.

Put simply, I do not have a plan.
    Celestia thought for a moment. "Hmmm ... perhaps I can help. I do have some experience, and while my nation is much smaller than the Empire, perhaps we can still put some of the basics to use."

Apfel's energy was a radiant sun. What subtle movements could be made out began as such: It lifted him several inches into the sky. Until all at once, it moved with him, sending him flying to Starlight's leftward direction. Only the most infinitesimal of delays could be detected between when his energy moved left, and when he did, physically, but it was there.
    Starlight focused on Apfel, then proceeded to teleport directly into his path. "It is difficult, but I can definitely sense it," she replied. "You know, I'm surprised you never learned ki sensing and suppression, considering how relatively easy it is. Maybe I can return the favor and teach you?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #136

Apfel & Celestia

The principle should be the same. Apfel agreed, nodding. Any advice you can provide will be appreciated.

Apfel & Starlight

Apfel was surprised when he saw Starlight teleport in to his path. He didn't imagine such sensory precision had existed. How interesting. It's not a common skill, especially with how easily it is outsourced to technology. With hiding your energy, that power is rather specialized. Usually the domain of infiltrators, spies, or those who prefer subtlety in combat.

He then swiped at Starlight with his World Blade. I would like that.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Apfel & Celestia

The principle should be the same. Apfel agreed, nodding. Any advice you can provide will be appreciated.
    Celestia nodded, then moved over to an empty space in the room and sat down. "I use a magic spell, but you might require some form of technology to achieve the same effect," she said. "Although, your psychic abilities may enable you to learn this spell as well, so it is worth a try. Tell me ... where do you come from? What is your story, how did you get where you are today? And what was your youth like?"

Apfel & Starlight

Apfel was surprised when he saw Starlight teleport in to his path. He didn't imagine such sensory precision had existed. How interesting. It's not a common skill, especially with how easily it is outsourced to technology. With hiding your energy, that power is rather specialized. Usually the domain of infiltrators, spies, or those who prefer subtlety in combat.

He then swiped at Starlight with his World Blade. I would like that.
    Starlight nodded, flicking her wings and dodging backwards. "I can teach you, though I suppose there is one question," she said. "Do you think that would interfere with your precognitive abilities, due to having to sort through more signals? Or would it enhance them, opening up an entire new sense? I don't really know this ability very well, so I can't say for myself." She thrusted her blade at Apfel, going towards him head-on.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #138

Apfel & Celestia

The Incirrian tilted his head. Where was this going? I suppose I should begin from the top. Apfel begins with his parents. He was raised largely by a domineering harridan of a mother, as his spineless father was away most of the time, in the armed forces of the local Cirran kingdom. Though they tried to instill discipline and respect in to them, it fell on deaf ears as they turned to crime as teenagers. The trio became notorious in the local underworld for their preternatural luck, the source of which, in retrospect, was obvious. Apfel's brother did end up in jail as his luck ran out, having secured his siblings' freedom with the sacrifice of his own.

Only to be later killed in prison by, of all people, the guards. The official story was that he was resisting the guards, and was killed completely on accident with full promises to bring the perpetrating guards to answer. Of course Apfel didn't believe it for a second, and it's clear he's still upset about it. Nevertheless, it was a wake-up call that that's where his life was headed. Knowing nothing else, figuring his father's life was better than dying, he went to join the military, managing to qualify as a Myrmidon, or the King's bodyguards and special forces, before the King began his campaign to unite all of Cirra under one government. It was a brutal but short war, which saw the Myrmidons rise in prestige.

What happened from there is covered in Apfel's previous flashbacks. All of it Snap is intimately familiar with, and is informed to 23, Vodkana, Starlight, and now Celestia.

Apfel & Starlight

Apfel baited Starlight to thrust, only dodging at the last-minute as he attempted to get her to overextend. He made no moves to retaliate, fully expecting her to recognize her own mistake. I know little more than you do. I didn't even know they were unusual for much of my life. He answered. I only fairly recently learned that it might be due to my apparent Horror ancestry.

There is only one way to find out if having ki sense would cause interference or not.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    If Polar made homework on the "Minister OF Cooking" he would discover that she actually made some important projects- even if relativly subtle.
    -Stating higher food standards, has lowered the case of food poisoning by 15%, and peopel lost less work days. And quality of life raised.
    - An empirial project of passing leftovers to starving planets, with minimal costs of transportation
    - Working on Intergalactic cooking school, which would tighten the connections between cooks of all species.

"So what?" Vodkana shrugged. "Your daddy is too big, to let such little matters to bother him. Nya.' she looked amused at Polar.
    "Nya. You are adorable. You would have loved them too! They are so funny! Nyahaha!"
    Oh on the contrary: The demon is in the details, so to speak. Even the Stratosaur can be felled by enough Vibras. References to indeginous life on Arcos which, on any other world, would be a colossal monstrosity spoken of in legend. The Stratosaur in particular has porportions measured in miles. The Vibra, not so much.

I'd rather not die to a bunch of terrorists wanting to replace one despot with another. Polar replied to Vodkana's suggestion, though he was stronger than any RA member. He then looked up at Hailing, giving him a cynical smile. You know what? Go ahead. See if I care.
    Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-07-26 at 05:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Apfel & Celestia

The Incirrian tilted his head. Where was this going? I suppose I should begin from the top. Apfel begins with his parents. He was raised largely by a domineering harridan of a mother, as his spineless father was away most of the time, in the armed forces of the local Cirran kingdom. Though they tried to instill discipline and respect in to them, it fell on deaf ears as they turned to crime as teenagers. The trio became notorious in the local underworld for their preternatural luck, the source of which, in retrospect, was obvious. Apfel's brother did end up in jail as his luck ran out, having secured his siblings' freedom with the sacrifice of his own.

Only to be later killed in prison by, of all people, the guards. The official story was that he was resisting the guards, and was killed completely on accident with full promises to bring the perpetrating guards to answer. Of course Apfel didn't believe it for a second, and it's clear he's still upset about it. Nevertheless, it was a wake-up call that that's where his life was headed. Knowing nothing else, figuring his father's life was better than dying, he went to join the military, managing to qualify as a Myrmidon, or the King's bodyguards and special forces, before the King began his campaign to unite all of Cirra under one government. It was a brutal but short war, which saw the Myrmidons rise in prestige.

What happened from there is covered in Apfel's previous flashbacks. All of it Snap is intimately familiar with, and is informed to 23, Vodkana, Starlight, and now Celestia.
    Celestia simply listened, nodding along and offering more tea when appropriate. When he was done, she simply took it all in for a moment, sipping her own tea before responding.

"You have certainly led a turbulent life, although I suppose that is a relative matter," she said. "I am sorry to hear about your brother. The fact that he sacrificed his freedom to ensure your own speaks volumes of him. I take it you and your brothers were close?"

Apfel & Starlight

Apfel baited Starlight to thrust, only dodging at the last-minute as he attempted to get her to overextend. He made no moves to retaliate, fully expecting her to recognize her own mistake. I know little more than you do. I didn't even know they were unusual for much of my life. He answered. I only fairly recently learned that it might be due to my apparent Horror ancestry.

There is only one way to find out if having ki sense would cause interference or not.
    Starlight was easily baited, not having much experience swordfighting. It took her a moment to realize her mistake, after which she attempted to correct for it and slash diagonally upwards at him. "Indeed. We should try it when we are done with my training," she agreed.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Apfel & Celestia

Oh on the contrary: The demon is in the details, so to speak. Even the Stratosaur can be felled by enough Vibras. References to indeginous life on Arcos which, on any other world, would be a colossal monstrosity spoken of in legend. The Stratosaur in particular has porportions measured in miles. The Vibra, not so much.

I'd rather not die to a bunch of terrorists wanting to replace one despot with another. Polar replied to Vodkana's suggestion, though he was stronger than any RA member. He then looked up at Hailing, giving him a cynical smile. You know what? Go ahead. See if I care.
    Don't say I didn't warn you.
    "Nya... I never ate a Starosaur before...' Vodkana drooled.
    she waved at him dismissively. "Terrorists? Pff. If you are feeling terrified of memes... than MAYBE. Nya.' she shrugged. "They do keep scolding me:Don't talk to him like that, he is married" "You can't flirt with a ghost" "Can't you wear something less revealing?" Nya..." Vodkana rolled her eyes.

She giggled. "Are you going tsun tsun on your father? This is SO adroable!" Vodkana gasped.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #141

Apfel & Celestia

We were not close. Apfel answered. I never thought of him as more than a partner-in-crime. I remember entertaining the various ways that I would betray him and take control of the trio. He was the leader, if that was not clear. We argued. A lot.

I was so wrong about him.
    He shook his head.

My sister became a security consultant for a IWP. That's 'information wormhole provider.' She then settled down with a family. We keep in touch, but she keeps her identity as my sister a secret, both for her and my protection. As you might imagine, I have enemies who would use her to get to me. Apfel then chuckled.

Sorry, I just remember my first visit with my in-laws. Nobody can recognize who Uncle Appel was without his monocle.

I tried to reconcile with my mom about...13 years ago. She was as nice as could be to me, trying to play the part of the loving, doting mother, but it was all a lie. She was trying to manipulate me into giving her money. The moment, the very instant she noticed I saw through her act, she went right back to being the nasty little termagant I remember. I severed all ties with my parents. While my dad may seem innocent, he chose to be with her, and refused to stick up for us when she drove us to tears from shouting in our ears as children if one of us knocked something over. He spits.

Apfel & Starlight

His first instinct was to simply grab the limb swinging the sword, but a magically controlled blade does not have that weakness. Instead, he simply raised his blade to block the swing, and sweeping his leg to try and trip Starlight. We'll be learning from each other.

The Emperor's Vanity

Don't worry about him, Polar's the personification of a wet blanket. He makes Apfel look fun and relaxed. Polar didn't reply as he was walking away from the pair. He simply gave a quick dismissive wave.

Tell me, would you like to sit upon the throne?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Apfel & Celestia

We were not close. Apfel answered. I never thought of him as more than a partner-in-crime. I remember entertaining the various ways that I would betray him and take control of the trio. He was the leader, if that was not clear. We argued. A lot.

I was so wrong about him.
    He shook his head.

My sister became a security consultant for a IWP. That's 'information wormhole provider.' She then settled down with a family. We keep in touch, but she keeps her identity as my sister a secret, both for her and my protection. As you might imagine, I have enemies who would use her to get to me. Apfel then chuckled.

Sorry, I just remember my first visit with my in-laws. Nobody can recognize who Uncle Appel was without his monocle.

I tried to reconcile with my mom about...13 years ago. She was as nice as could be to me, trying to play the part of the loving, doting mother, but it was all a lie. She was trying to manipulate me into giving her money. The moment, the very instant she noticed I saw through her act, she went right back to being the nasty little termagant I remember. I severed all ties with my parents. While my dad may seem innocent, he chose to be with her, and refused to stick up for us when she drove us to tears from shouting in our ears as children if one of us knocked something over. He spits.
    Celestia frowned sadly. "Do you not have any memories of that time? Of your home planet?" she asked.

Apfel & Starlight

His first instinct was to simply grab the limb swinging the sword, but a magically controlled blade does not have that weakness. Instead, he simply raised his blade to block the swing, and sweeping his leg to try and trip Starlight. We'll be learning from each other.
    Apfel managed to trip Starlight's forehooves out from under her, but being a quadruped, she was easily able to recover her stance. However, that did leave an opening where Apfel could thrust his blade at her, circumventing her defences, and if he did that she would instinctively throw up a barrier spell, forgetting for the moment that she was to use only her sword and not her magic.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

The Emperor's Vanity

Don't worry about him, Polar's the personification of a wet blanket. He makes Apfel look fun and relaxed. Polar didn't reply as he was walking away from the pair. He simply gave a quick dismissive wave.

Tell me, would you like to sit upon the throne?
    Vodkana watched after Polar thoughtfully, for a moment.
    she whipped her tail. "Like DUH!" she said excited.
    "I wonder.. was Polar's mom a hottie? Nya?" Vodkana has asked, as Hailing led her

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #144

Apfel & Celestia

Oh no, I do. Apfel answered. I was born and raised on Cirra. Why? Did I suggest otherwise?

Apfel & Starlight

Apfel blinked when his blade was intercepted by the magic shield.

Some would argue that in battle, you have to use every tool in your arsenal to achieve victory. Or to survive. The opposite is true. He explained. There is an unspoken rule between combatants that circumstances dictate how they will fight. When you fight dirty, you encourage your opponent, and their friends to fight dirty. It's escalating the conflict. It's what turns a fencing match into an all-out intergalactic civil war. An obvious and hyperbolic exaggeration, but hopefully Starlight understood what he was saying.

In this case, I will now use shields too.

Hailing & Vodkana

Hoooh-boy, was she! Hailing answered enthusiastically to the affirmative. Like...I don't want to use the word 'literally' because it's overused and losing all meaning, but I have trouble coming up with any better word to describe how she was every positive attribute you could ever have in a girl. And she was mine!

Until she became boring. Honestly, the girlfriend pounding their fists in to you screaming about how you're a 'demon' or how 'Polar deserves a family who won't destroy planets because a company headquartered there ran an annoying advertisement' was fun at first, but after five minutes you start to treasure the silence of the Throne Room. The problem was, well, I misspoke earlier. She didn't have all the adjectives. Because she didn't understand.
    He looks over wistfully to the left. Darndest thing: I know the cleaning staff did their best, and everyone assures me it's clean, but I can still see her shadow. If Vodkana were to check, she'd see a gleaming glasslike ceramic strut jutting out from the wall, much like the dozen others in the throne room, with no distinguishing features, or unusual shadows, nuclear shadows or otherwise.

Anyways! Hailing steps up to the throne, and gestures for Vodkana to sit. At your pleasure, Your Highness.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-07-30 at 10:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Apfel & Celestia

Oh no, I do. Apfel answered. I was born and raised on Cirra. Why? Did I suggest otherwise?
    Celestia blinked, realizing she misspoke. This was only slightly after she'd exerted herself to save his life, and the rainbow hues still had not returned to her mane and tail.

"Apologies, I misspoke," she said. "I meant to say happy memories. The technique works much better if you can establish a positive emotional link with the place and its people."

Apfel & Starlight

Some would argue that in battle, you have to use every tool in your arsenal to achieve victory. Or to survive. The opposite is true. He explained. There is an unspoken rule between combatants that circumstances dictate how they will fight. When you fight dirty, you encourage your opponent, and their friends to fight dirty. It's escalating the conflict. It's what turns a fencing match into an all-out intergalactic civil war. An obvious and hyperbolic exaggeration, but hopefully Starlight understood what he was saying.

Starlight grimaced, but nodded. However, she decided she would try not to use shields anymore, mostly out of curiosity as to what would happen. She took a defensive stance, waiting for Apfel to make the first strike.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #146

Apfel & Celestia

It sounds like it's a question of mindset and mood rather than drawing on any one memory, but then again what Apfel knew about his latent psychic abilities,
    he knew even less about magic. The existence of real magic is known in the Empire. It is by no means a secret, just extremely obscure, its utility having long since been supplanted by ki, or tech. My upbringing wasn't all bad. He smiled. I remember going to Ekariland on my brother's 11th birthday. That's a popular amusement park chain in the subsector, if you aren't aware. I...don't know if they're still in business though. That was a good moment for me. No insanity, no shouting, no negativity. Just...fun.

Apfel & Starlight

Apfel flew at her, telegraphing his intent to slash at her horizontally, only to feint into a thrusting strike.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Apfel & Celestia

Apfel & Starlight

Hailing & Vodkana

Hoooh-boy, was she! Hailing answered enthusiastically to the affirmative. Like...I don't want to use the word 'literally' because it's overused and losing all meaning, but I have trouble coming up with any better word to describe how she was every positive attribute you could ever have in a girl. And she was mine!

Until she became boring. Honestly, the girlfriend pounding their fists in to you screaming about how you're a 'demon' or how 'Polar deserves a family who won't destroy planets because a company headquartered there ran an annoying advertisement' was fun at first, but after five minutes you start to treasure the silence of the Throne Room. The problem was, well, I misspoke earlier. She didn't have all the adjectives. Because she didn't understand.
    He looks over wistfully to the left. Darndest thing: I know the cleaning staff did their best, and everyone assures me it's clean, but I can still see her shadow. If Vodkana were to check, she'd see a gleaming glasslike ceramic strut jutting out from the wall, much like the dozen others in the throne room, with no distinguishing features, or unusual shadows, nuclear shadows or otherwise.

Anyways! Hailing steps up to the throne, and gestures for Vodkana to sit. At your pleasure, Your Highness.

Vodkana nodded, putting a paw on Hailing's shoulder- strangely showing.. sympathy/
    "I can see the shadow as well.' she wishpered. She wasn't lieing. She could sense it in the air.
    She could see it, almost as she was there. Hailing wasn't neccariy all evil.. he was just too powerful.
    Vodkana was thankfull, that she never trained before meeting 23- because if she would... she would have killed the RA and Earth, and would be just like him.

Vodkana also was aware the price of boring Hailing.
    Vodkana giggled. She laid down on the throne. "Hmm.. not so comfy...' she whined. 'I want you to be my pillow. nya.' she commanded with a shiny fang in her grin.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Emperor Hailing and the Planet of Artifacts
    Regardless of the outcome of the tournament, Hailing will set out on his artifact hunt. Like a certain man of daring do and adventure, he will go strange places, meet strange people, face various traps and find weird artifacts while probably using a whip some point. Cue the triumphant trumpet music as you set out on your rollicking adventure! A minion comes up to him and says
    "Your grace, we have compiled four locations of interest. To the north in a monastery there are reports of a Scroll of Ultimate Power kept by an order of monks.

To the West, is a cave said to contain the Chest of The Ultimate Treasure, guarded by various statues

To the South an island of enlightened philsophers, who have hidden the Mirror of Ultimate Wisdom

and finally to the East, a temple containing the Book of Ultimate Happiness, guarded by various riddles.

Of course, which one to go for, is entirely up to you. We await your command."
    He salutes.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

29. - Top - End - #149

Hailing's Happy Artifact Hunt

We shall go east. He states. The very idea of there being a form of ultimate happiness was not something the hedonistic Emperor could ever deny. The only problem was that he sucked at riddles. All the more reason to go for it! What's the worst they could do? Block his path? Cause him physical harm? As if that were even possible. Not in this sane, rational universe.

Also, they all apparently had 'ultimate' in their name. Odd. Oh well. Odd quirk of the local culture, he was sure.

To adventure!

Hailing & Vodkana

Pure evil does not exist. It is simply a question of the extent to which one will act in their interest, and what they are willing to do. The stronger one becomes, the less push-back there would be. Their excesses to be pushed back against are met with silence. Silence sings of affirmation, such is way that power corrupts. Who has more power than Emperor Hailing?

But pure evil? To always act in ways that inflict harm on others? That is not Emperor Hailing.

As you wish, Your Highness. He dropped to one knee, bowing and saluting in supplication. How would you wish me?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Riddle Temple of the East
    As he arrives at the temple, there is a door. It has a mouth and it proclaims:
    "Hello! So you seek the Book of Ultimate Happiness? Very well, Three riddles you must answer to obtain, answer my riddle and you will pass to the next."
    The door clears it throat and says:
    "I grow long and hard. I extend infinitely into the heavens and by piercing them, I make make more grow from myself to spread and grow to pierce even more across the world.

What am I?"
    the minion thinks upon this, letting Hailing answer first.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".