New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: I Knew It Was Too Good To Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslan View Post
    I suggest you do not try to dissect the personal interactions with someone who is (apparently) not interested in you, and doesn't give you any information why. People can be uninterested in other people for a variety of reasons, and the forum won't be able to help you here. It is possible you did something "wrong", but it's also possible you didn't do anything wrong, and she just changed her mind. Or possibly she never really intended a serious connection, and just give you her email as courtesy or as a just-in-case option. We can't know, we can only know one thing for sure - she's not interested now.

It's time to move on.
    Gladly!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Had you not asked I wouldn't point this out for fear of rudeness, but: You explicitly said that you talked and emailed. While I have no knowledge of your speech style I have seen a reasonable amount of writing and it's clumsy at the best of times. Communication by email is going to actively work against you, and while it can be mitigated it would take putting a great deal of time into learning how to write competently.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Had you not asked I wouldn't point this out for fear of rudeness, but: You explicitly said that you talked and emailed. While I have no knowledge of your speech style I have seen a reasonable amount of writing and it's clumsy at the best of times. Communication by email is going to actively work against you, and while it can be mitigated it would take putting a great deal of time into learning how to write competently.
    Well I'm sorry. My communication skills isn't that great.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well I'm sorry. My communication skills isn't that great.
    As you said though, they are skills. Skills can be improved through practice, skills can be taught, skills can be studied. Communication in particular is often learned largely intuitively and that does present a complication, but that doesn't mean that there aren't more formal resources. Use them. They'll help in the situation described.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

As you said though, they are skills. Skills can be improved through practice, skills can be taught, skills can be studied. Communication in particular is often learned largely intuitively and that does present a complication, but that doesn't mean that there aren't more formal resources. Use them. They'll help in the situation described.
    Ok. I will.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

For the record, this is some of the best advice I've ever seen on this forum in general, and it applies to so many things that it's always worth remembering.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Thanks for all your advice. Even though it was critical.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Thanks for all your advice. Even though it was critical.
    I just read through this whole thread and got to this part and it made me feel like humanity is working again.