New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Dyer's Absalom Beguiled IC

Father Roark

Roark ponders chasing down the fleeing figure, but decides against it. His help is probably worth more here. He nods at the stranger's suggestion, before turning his attention to the woman. "I'm sorry things got so... hectic. I saw those thugs following you and just had to step in. Are you alright? Do you have any idea why those cloaked figures were chasing you?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Diplomacy check, if needed: (1d20+8)[12]
    Perception check to see if the fleeing thug is heading back towards my church: (1d20+5)[14]
    I'm assuming this is happening during the daytime. If not, my bonus for diplomacy is +7 instead

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DyerMaker View Post
    Rufus: Leviathan reclines in his chair, Your memory is selective Rufus. I pulled favors for you on several occasions. But, we don't have to split hairs on that. ... I do have work for you ... refugees from Cheliax, 30 of'em ... coming on a boat in two days ... 50gp per head if you get them to my warehouse safe-like. You up for it?
    Rufus looks at Leviathan suspiciously. The offer seemingly too god to be true. "50 per head you say eh... Whats the catch? They slaves you selling on or wanted by someone?" He pauses looking around the room. "You want to be telling me who's looking to stop these folks arriving and who'll be trying to stop me leading em' to your warehouse. 30 of 'em is quite a crowd to be sheparding. You gota safe place on the boat or docks to stash 'em so I can take 'em through town bite sized?"

Inwardly he also thinks of anyone who could help. Perhaps Alice? They'd been getting along okay since his return and he'd be willing to share the cash with her. Plus she may know some others in town they could trust to enlist for some help and/or muscle...
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria

Maria nods, slipping into a more professional neutral face. Aye, that I have. Little gang out o'the underground. Once was big, now is wee factions fightin' for scraps. Mor' is gonna cost ya, though, in kind or in gold.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2016-11-28 at 11:20 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Alice: Leonel holds his head in his hands, then looks back at Alice in obvious pain; frustration. Our friend, this woman, she's an acolyte of the Dawnflower. Call her Bella's spiritual guide. She (Bella) wanted her to come along with us a year ago. Her name is Anna, she's odd, okay, not my favorite person. Bella begged for the last six months to allow her to visit, so I caved. She came by boat, obviously, but I don't know the name of the vessel. I can tell you that it would have come from Korvosa. Leonel sighs deeply, then slouches in his chair. I haven't seen Anna since Bella went to meet her. What can you do? Can you find my Bella?

Berengir: Staggering after the stone struck Berengir on the head, the half-orc runs back down the alley and into the arms of a corner strumpet. Oh deary, you're a large one and you're bleeding all over creation. She takes Berengir by the arm. Tell me where ya headed and I'll walk with ya. The woman is young with short, brown hair and bright blue eyes. She's a bit in need of a bath with the note of orange oil on her yellow dress. Point us in the right direction, lad.

Oberon: It takes Oberon a couple of times to strike the thug, but he is successful. Oberon begins to tie up the thug but the priest doesn't help, instead turning his attention to the woman as Tyson props her up and stands beside her as the good father begins to question her. Oberon, Tyson mentions, listen ole' boy, here's my card. Look me up later. Tyson and his entourage leave the Bazaar as a crowd begins to gather near the scene.

Father Roark: The young woman begins to calm down but is visibly upset by the ordeal. They were chasing me; chasing me! She folds her arms and bites at her fingernails. Who are you? Where is my friend? Where is she?!
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The time is late afternoon, a few hours from sunset. You did not see where the second thug went.

Rufus: Leviathan slides to the edge of his seat. He motions to the deformed creature who let you in, Hap, show Rufus the door. ... My mistake; you're still small time. Hap moves to you extending his arm toward the door; Grrrr. Out. You.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-28 at 11:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon received Tyson's card graciously, fully aware when he's being dismissed, or perhaps his old friend simply didn't want any part of whatever trouble that seemed to follow Oberon. He sighs as he looks at Tyson's departure, before double-checking to make sure the captive was completely restrained with his wrists tied behind his back. Satisfied, Oberon drags the man closer towards the priest consoling the running woman. He plops down the captive, letting the man's face hit the ground, and set a foot on his wrists and his staff at a tender spot on the man's back, ready to strike in case the man wakes up and tries to be smart.

"Who are you? Where is my friend? Where is she?!" The woman was saying aloud.

"Peace, my lady. Peace. Take a deep breath and let your mind clear so that we can better understand you." Oberon speaks in a calm tone, his voice measured and soft, to better force the woman to focus and listen to him. "I am Oberon, a simple man," he spreads his arms out, palms up, "A woman being chased by men never ends well if the woman is caught, so I intervened. As to this priest, I do not know him, but he seemed intent to save you." Oberon gives the priest a nod of acknowledgment. "Now, who is this friend of yours that's missing? When did you last see her?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Forgot Oberon's OOC
    Show
    Oberon assesses the woman to see if he can gather any information about her (wealth, status, emblem, etc.), and to get a better sense of her.
    Perception: (1d20+5)[23]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+5)[8]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Berengir Lok
    Staggering after the stone struck Berengir on the head, the half-orc runs back down the alley and into the arms of a corner strumpet. Panicked, the young wizard nearly ices the trollop when the past and the future hit the half-orc in a double whammy.

Orange Oil. Berengir's nose pushed right past the streetwalker's stink and went straight to the orange oil. Shelby started wearing orange oil after he brought her that first gift of oranges and chocolate. The smell always took him back, Berengir hadn't had a damn orange in three years. He thought of her, and his heart broke all over again.

Hello love. I'm going to die here. Soon I will see you again.

He wanted to give up. He felt like his brain, heart, lungs, and liver were having a heated argument about who wanted to give up on him first. It would be okay, to give in, to lay down in the dirt and let a bunch of kids pound his skull into the pavers with rocks over 5 lousy gold pieces. It would be okay, okay, Shelby would be there, they would be together...

Save the girl. Save the girl in the ochre dress. The dream. The damn dream again. Ah for god'ssakes, let me die, give me peace. Is it even THIS girl? This dress? Not REALLY ochre...She's just as likely to rob me and kill me as the Pennies...I DEFINATELY have a concussion.

Berengir stared at her dumbly as she prattled away. He ran through the options. He pricked up his ears and scanned the rooftops for the Pennies, he doubt he gave them the slip, but they were like roaches, they shunned the light.

Oh deary, you're a large one and you're bleeding all over creation. She takes Berengir by the arm. Tell me where ya headed and I'll walk with ya. Point us in the right direction, lad.

Berengir gives her a mad grin that must have looked absolutely horrific with the blood all over he face. Blue eyes and short hair, just like Shelby. Where are we going love? Point me in the right direction. Walk with me.

Lok shoves the icer in his pocket, collects himself, and grabs the girls hand.

Come with me.

Berengir heads towards the Pride.

Spoiler: Status/OOC
    Show

Berengir Lok
    Wiz1 (Diviner)
    AC: 14 (12 if Running)
    Init: +3
    HP: 2/8
    Full Round Action: Run Like Hell, towards the Lion's Pride

Free actions:
    Perception (Signs of pursuit): (1d20+5)[24]
    Sense Motive (Is this chick setting me up): (1d20+8)[13]
    Knowledge Local (Do I know her? Or know what pimp she probably belongs to?): (1d20+11)[17]

Spells:
    0: Spark, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost
    1: Heightened Awareness, Colorspray, Sleep
    Effects: None

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Father Roark

Roark responds to Oberon's nod with one of his own. “Many thanks for dealing with him, friend. I doubt I could have handled him nearly as efficiently, my fighting days are long behind me.” He lets Oberon finish his inquiry before speaking up again. “Madam, if you are in need of security, I have a church not too far from here. It may not be much, but its walls are thick enough to keep you safe if there’s more of this one’s ilk looking for you. And if these matters are delicate, it will give you an opportunity to discuss them away from prying ears” Roark taps the prone thug with his boot to punctuate his sentence.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus: Leviathan slides to the edge of his seat. He motions to the deformed creature who let you in, Hap, show Rufus the door. ... My mistake; you're still small time. Hap moves to you extending his arm toward the door; Grrrr. Out. You.
    Rufus stands his ground a hand held up to stop the weird brute getting too close. "I ain't small time Leviathion. I just don;t want to be walking into a situation where I'm getting screwed and you walk away with no care in the world. You level with me and I'll deliver these damn refugees. I'm still as quick as I used to be and learned a thing or two more on the ships. "
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria: The half-elf looks up at Maria, her raven hair covering most of her face as the hood from her cloak pushes forward. Hit me with some more of that Throatburn. ... (she speaks softly) I need the current members, names and whereabouts. What's that set me back, coin-wise? The bell rings again at the entrance. It's Berengir being helped by a local woman. He's badly hurt.

Oberon: Tyson gave Oberon second look and a wink as he disappeared in the crowd. Tyson was not one for drama, at least not the kind he didn't create on his own. Oberon was able to somewhat calm the woman yet she still seemed frantic, I have to go, I have to go. It's not safe here. Understand? They have her and I'm next. Let me go! As an assessment of the woman's status, it's simply too hard to tell. She's not a lower class citizen, but the woman has a slightly torn dress and looks a bit disheveled. She does speak with an accent which you place as Varisian.

Father Roark: As Roark interacts with Oberon and the woman, she seems to calm even further. The reasons are unknown to either of you, but the woman does agree to return to the church if both Roark and Oberon will accompany her; I will go to the church, just get me out of here. I must go! Looking around, Roark is aware that a decent crowd has formed to get a closer look. This happening has drawn the attention of the Starwatch (Absalom's law enforcement), as two of their members are seen at some distance.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-30 at 01:22 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Berengir Lok: Walking with the woman toward the Lion's Pride, Berengir saw no signs of the Penny Boys in pursuit. Perhaps they were content to stay in the back alleys and not surface to such a main thoroughfare. Whatever the case, it did not matter now. Berengir didn't recognize the harlot; maybe she was new or in rotation, yet again, not the half-orc's top priority. It took some time to reach the bar. It wasn't surprising that no one along the way offered to help such a petite woman aide a bleeding half-orc twice her size. Entering the Pride, Berengir recognized the ring of the tiny brass bell that sounded as the door swept past it. The strumpet immediately called for help, but you were halfway into the building before Maria knew what was happening. At least, this was a safe haven, and one with ale.

Rufus: Holding his ground, the deformed Hap, steps back for a moment. Leviathan stands, pulling the lapels downward on his long, charcoal grey coat. You've got balls, Rufus, at least one. You have two days to figure this out. This is too public for me and too high profile for some of my other guys. So, listen ... you come up with the plan and I pay you to execute it. If the Watch pins you, well, you go down. There are no surprises if its your plan. The ship is called The Purloin. Leviathan reaches in his coat and tosses Rufus a bag of coin. That's 200 to start. You'll get the rest when the job is done, the warehouse full. You're not small time? ... Prove it.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-30 at 01:20 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon nods at the woman. "Very well, I shall accompany you to the priest's church. We'll talk more there, but if you're specifically being targeted by these men, then we need to know more about them. Just give me a few seconds, try to give me some cover from prying eyes if you can," Oberon lets his action explain itself as he begins a thorough search of his captive, trying to discern any information he can get from the man's clothing, and anything he has on his person. He'll look as thorough as possible within the short time frame that he has before the inevitable eyes of the Starwatch descends upon them.
    Last edited by grifter730; 2016-11-30 at 02:31 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria

Maria lets out a low whistle, ignoring Berengir for the time being. It was business, after all. Business comes before anything else. She replies, just as quietYou want knowledge that can start a gang war, then. Or finish it. That'll cost you, 200 up front, and a full accounting after. She slides the woman an ale, properly noticing Berengir for the first time. Gods, man, did you lose a fight with a wall? I told you your head isn't strong enough to break them down. She steps out from behind the bar, quickly grabbing rags and alcohol to treat the wounds.
    LGBTA+itP

14. - Top - End - #44

OrcBarbarianGuy

Berengir Lok
    Berengir falls upon the bar bench with all the grace of a pole-axed bull. He puts his Icer on the bar and whispers something to a little bird at his side that seems to be hopping around fussing over him. The bird flies out the front door and Berengir takes out his flask and takes a greedy gulp with shaky hands.

Gods, man, did you lose a fight with a wall? I told you your head isn't strong enough to break them down., quips Maria.

You obviously don't know how hard-headed I am. I got in a fight with a sack of Pennies. I put three of them to bed and the other 4 dropped a building on me.... Berengir winces as heremoves his wide-brimmed floppy wizard's hat and starts shaking masonry out of it.
    Or at least a part of a building....I turned tail and made light like I was trying out for the Aqueduct Dograces when I ran into this...fair maid whom's name I didn't catch, who promptly rescued me and carried me back to our....YOUR.... magnificent castle with all due hustle.

Spoiler: Status/OOC
    Show

Berengir Lok
    Wiz1 (Diviner)
    AC: 14
    Init: +3
    HP: 2/8

Actions:
    Direct Tamryn, my trust familiar, to go outside and watch out for suspicious individuals/danger/Pennies.
    Perception (Signs of pursuit): (1d20+5)[13]
    Knowledge Local (Do I know Maria's client?): (1d20+11)[14]

Spells:
    0: Spark, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost
    1: Heightened Awareness, Colorspray, Sleep
    Effects: None
    Last edited by crowe; 2016-11-30 at 10:48 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Father Roark

“But of course. It’s back the way we came, not too far at all.” Just as he’s about to set off, Roark hears Oberon interject. “Just give me a few seconds, try to give me some cover from prying eyes if you can," Roark takes a split second to make a decision as Oberon bends down to search the prone body, conflicted between making a swift escape and being left in the dark. In an instant he makes up his mind. “Very well, but hurry. The second they think about heading this way, I am gone. You might think about doing the same.” Acting fast, he takes his chance to step between the guard’s line of sight and Oberon, doing his best to form a visual barrier between them. He turns to the Varisian woman and lowers his voice to a low whisper. "If you have to run, it's the building made of white stone I confronted the pursuers outside. I shall meet you there."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria

Maria gives a thin-lipped smile as she looks the lady helping Berengir over from foot to head. Her expression softens as he relays his tale, and she pulls a face, worried. You got rolled by th'Pennys? That's hard luck, that. She walks over and starts bandaging him up as best she can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 1 round of Archeologist's luck.
    Know:local roll to know about the lady (1d20+10)[26]
    Heal check mostly for flavor (1d20+1)[10]
    LGBTA+itP

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Oberon: Nodding at the woman and working with Roark, asking for a few minutes free from the eyes of the crowd, Oberon searches to the ruffian's clothing in an attempt to find any information about him. Oberon finds a nice-looking dagger on the thug's hip. Oberon then notices that the thug is beginning to lurch and squirm. Oberon's instinct is that the man is trying to free himself ... that's when Oberon notices the sea foam-like substance coming from the thug's mouth as the seizure continues. This occurrence draws even more attention from the gather crowd within the Grand Bazaar.

Father Roark: During this exchange with Oberon, the woman continues to react nervously. One of the merchant's barkers walks up to Roark and the woman; Is all well here? ... Lady, are you okay, do you need help? The woman raises her palms to the side of her face; like blinders on a steed; I must go! Go! She starts to pull away from Roark, heading back the way she came. Then, Roark catches a glimpse of the ruffian trying to escape, but no, he's having some sort of seizure. The Starwatch is moving in, and fast.

Maria: Negotiating for information with the half-elf concerning members of the Black Sahguain turns toward the bottom line; 200 isn't a problem, upfront, but I'll need assurance of how many members you're aware of and an all-in price, no surprises... at this moment Maria notices Berengir limping in, but continues with the half elf. Her attention is then turned to the fact that Berengir is actually hurt and rushes to his aid. Maria's knowledge of healing falters a bit yet she recognizes the local strumpet as Molly, a new freelancer in the neighborhood with few affiliations. During this interaction, the half-elf woman stealthily leaves the tavern.

Berengir Lok: Landing upon the bar, the strumpet continues to aid Berengir as Maria takes notice of his injuries. A half-elf patron is sitting at the bar but promptly leaves while the half-orc is in triage. Berengir doesn't recognize her. Sending his familiar out as an eye-in-the-sky, everyone realizes it'll take more than alcohol and bandages to heal this wound. The whiskey from his flask being providing the most comfort at the moment. A few minutes pass when the woman that helped Berengir from the corner to the Pride, excuses herself in a somewhat verbose way.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fear not, priest," Oberon says as he searches the body. "I know too well the barbed lash of the law. I have no desire to overstay my welcome here."

The search took longer than the few seconds Oberon expected, and he knew the eyes of the crowd were gathering around them, circling them in. But the search may not have been fruitless, yielding a nice looking dagger that may hold some clue. It was all he could get before foam began dribbling from the thug's mouth. Oberon knew his cue when it was staring him in the face.

"I must go! Go!" The frightened lass was pleading and demanding.

No time to examine the dagger now. "Let us make haste, but not too obvious, or the stalking guards will recognize us for the prey we are." Oberon taps the frightened woman's elbow, and motions for the priest to lead the way. "I'll stay off to the side, ready to defend you or create a diversion if needed. Priest, if you're the type that can harness the power of your god, we may need your divine intervention to shield our escape."

Oberon gives them both a warm smile. "Be casual but be vigilant, a man distracted is a man defeated. Our fate may be in the hands of you and your god, priest. I pray you are no false prophet. Now, let us fly."
    Last edited by grifter730; 2016-12-01 at 03:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Alice: Leonel holds his head in his hands, then looks back at Alice in obvious pain; frustration. Our friend, this woman, she's an acolyte of the Dawnflower. Call her Bella's spiritual guide. She (Bella) wanted her to come along with us a year ago. Her name is Anna, she's odd, okay, not my favorite person. Bella begged for the last six months to allow her to visit, so I caved. She came by boat, obviously, but I don't know the name of the vessel. I can tell you that it would have come from Korvosa. Leonel sighs deeply, then slouches in his chair. I haven't seen Anna since Bella went to meet her. What can you do? Can you find my Bella?
    Alice looks up from her scribbled notes. "In a city like Absalom, this is a promise impossible to make." And with a bit of luck, she simply ran away. She smiles an encouraging smile. But I can assure you that I will do everything in my power to find her." Assuming he doesn't simply leave, she adds: "I still have more questions, and while they may be painful to answer, and you may have the impression of sitting around instead of searching her, it is imperative that you answer them thoroughly." She will then start to ask him further question, never more than one at a time, taking notes here and there about the interview.

• Tell me more about Anna, please. What is her relationship to Bella? Where do they know each other from? How old is she? And how old is Bella? Can you describe Anna? (Should he ask why this is important, she will argue that someone might have seen Anna, while she was somewhere with Bella).
    • Did Anna stay with you? If not, do you know where she did stay, and if she knew any other people in Absalom? Maybe someone else from the church of Sarenrae?
    • Is Bella working or stay-at-home? If she's working, what is her job and who is her employer? What about you? (If he asks why this may be relevant, she argues that it's important to get a big picture.)
    • Why did you leave your home? Why did you chose Absalom as your new home? Did you both want to come here equally?

Show
    I hope it's alright I put the questions in a list, trying to speed up the interview a bit.
    Last edited by Blinkbear; 2016-12-01 at 02:57 AM.
    The only way of properly dealing with me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanil View Post
    I'm just going to increase the CR of every encounter by one for every terrible pun.
    Thanks Ceika for this great avatar!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Father Roark

Roark catches only a split second of the thug’s seizure before he looks away – he’d rather not keep that image on his conscience – before turning to the baker and forcing a weak smile. “Thank you sir, but we’re all quite alright.” It falls from his face as soon as he turns away, and he quickly whispers into the woman’s ear – “Follow me.” He leads the Oberon and the woman away from the crowd and back the way they came, quickly looking over his shoulder to see if the Starwatch had seen them. “If they pursue us, I can try to cover our escape, but you’ll have to use the opportunity quickly. As soon as I give the signal, bolt. You’ll both know it when you see it. Oberon, try not to lose either of us, I fear if you do then we may not reunite again.” He walks urgently, though trying not to draw too much attention to himself, and mutters a hasty prayer under his breath.

21. - Top - End - #51

OrcBarbarianGuy

Berengir Lok: Landing upon the bar, the strumpet continues to aid Berengir as Maria takes notice of his injuries. A half-elf patron is sitting at the bar but promptly leaves while the half-orc is in triage. Berengir doesn't recognize her. Sending his familiar out as an eye-in-the-sky, everyone realizes it'll take more than alcohol and bandages to heal this wound. The whiskey from his flask being providing the most comfort at the moment. A few minutes pass when the woman that helped Berengir from the corner to the Pride, excuses herself in a somewhat verbose way.
    While Maria fusses with the bandages, Berengir sticks with what he knows, the drinkin'. When he sees the other woman start to slip away, he interjects:

Thank you Maria, and thank you....er Miss...? I never believe we were properly introduced...Berengir Lok. Can I at least buy you a drink in gratititude?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria notices the door close after the half-elf, and curses in dwarven.If you cost me that client, Berengir, I'm taking it out of your rent and your hide. In that order.
    LGBTA+itP

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Oberon & Father Roark: Staying to the side as they leave the Grand Bazaar, Oberon enlist Father Roark to use his divine abilities as needed. The monk continues to make certain the Starwatch or other thugs are not following them. Roark encourages the woman to follow him back to the church. As luck would have it, there was no need to cover their escape as they reach the church without further interruption. Inside the parish, the woman seems a bit more relaxed; Do you have any water here or wine? She was still anxious, but least conversational. My name is Belladonna. My friend Anna has been taken by some bad men.

Alice: Leonel squirms in his chair, anxious and impatient, which then turns to anger; Ran away! How could you say such a thing. We are lovers. She's lost in this city! Can you not help! Leonel calms slightly when Alice requests that he answer a few more questions:
    Tell me more about Anna, please. What is her relationship to Bella? Where do they know each other from? How old is she? And how old is Bella? Can you describe Anna?
    Anna? She's just a spiritual advisor for Bella. We are all from Korvosa. I've told you this already! Bella is nineteen. I don't know about Anna, thirty, maybe? How many more questions do you have? Anna again? She has pitch black hair, thin, religious tattoos, and always dresses nice.

Did Anna stay with you? If not, do you know where she did stay, and if she knew any other people in Absalom? Maybe someone else from the church of Sarenrae? Bella was going to meet Anna at the Docks, they never made it back to stay with us. Bella is lost in this crazy city. It's been four days! I'm not religious. I don't associate with these people, the Sarenrae.

Is Bella working or stay-at-home? If she's working, what is her job and who is her employer? What about you?
    No, she does not work. She barely leaves our home, much less our street, the park ... that's all. Me? Import/Export. The highest quality seafood. That was my role in Korvosa and that is why the Consortium brought me here, so that you could have better shrimp. And yes, Bella was very excited to be in Absalom. She was taking to Green Ridge very well.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria: Watching the half-elf leave created frustration within her toward Berengir. Perhaps she'll return.

Berengir: Molly, its Molly. Thank ya, but I must be getting back. A girl's gotta earn.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad to finally be safe in the confines of the church, Oberon relaxes and offers them all a smile. The woman seemed to relax as well, and she asks for some wine, which hopefully settles her jitters.

"My name is Belladonna," she says. "My friend Anna has been taken by some bad men."

"Perhaps introductions are in order. A pleasure to meet you, Belladona. I am Oberon, a... teacher of sorts," Oberon quirks his lips ironically for a moment, but then looks to the priest, giving him the floor.

After introductions, Oberon speaks again. "Now, start from the beginning. Who is Anna? Where were you going with her? What led to her abduction?"

Show

After those questions are answered. Some potential follow-up questions would include:
    - Do you have any idea why they targeted you and Anna? What do you do for a living, and what does she do?
    - Can you think of anyone that might want to harm you?
    - Would you feel safe if we took you home?
    - How long have you been gone for? Should we try to notify someone of your whereabouts?
    Last edited by grifter730; 2016-12-02 at 03:58 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maria: Watching the half-elf leave created frustration within her toward Berengir. Perhaps she'll return.

Berengir: Molly, its Molly. Thank ya, but I must be getting back. A girl's gotta earn.
    Berengir regards the woman curiously, her enthusiasm to get back to "work" seems uncharacteristic of the average streetwalker, and the name , the name seemed all wrong to him. Not like she'd use her real name, Ber, and mebbe her pimp beats her, or mebbe she just needs the damn coin...and she probably saved your worthless life Berengir.

As you will , Molly, still, it is cold and wet out, and you did save me from a dangerous horde that may still be out there looking for us.

Berengir puts a single gold piece on the bar.

I know you have got to earn, but maybe I could rent a drinking companion?

Show

Sense motive on Molly's name and behavior (1d20+8)[28]
    Last edited by crowe; 2016-12-02 at 10:14 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria raises an eyebrow at the offered coin, and matches it with one of her own. This one, on th'other hand, is for information o'particular value. Payment in advance, it's yours, tell me whatcha got when ya find something. More money at that point, depending on how much it earns me. She goes back to cleaning a wood mug, but her eyes promise a reckoning towards Berengir soon.
    LGBTA+itP

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

“Just one second.” Roark retreats to the back of the church while Oberon makes his introductions to retrieve a dusty, but still hopefully palatable, bottle of wine. He brings a couple of glasses with him, placing them on the altar as he decants a drink for the woman. “This is supposed to be saved just for ceremonies, but I think you need it more than I do right now.” He begins to pour another drink before stopping himself. “Oberon, are you in need of a drink too?”

As Oberon finishes his introduction, he hands Belladonna a glass of wine. “I am Father Roark Alba. I preside over this church and keep a watch over the community.” He interjects one more after Oberon finishes his questions. “Take as long as you need to answer, the more detail the better. Remember, we’re both just here to help.”

29. - Top - End - #59

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Maria raises an eyebrow at the offered coin, and matches it with one of her own. This one, on th'other hand, is for information o'particular value. Payment in advance, it's yours, tell me whatcha got when ya find something. More money at that point, depending on how much it earns me. She goes back to cleaning a wood mug, but her eyes promise a reckoning towards Berengir soon.
    Berengir puts on his best innocent smile, but his eyes tell the truth to Maria, I owe you one.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria

She nods. As long as he recognized it, she was mollified. Turning her attention back to the lady of the night, she smiles, genuinely. I do pay well, in drink or in coin, for anything interesting you happen to know. Only string is I ask you don't sell anything you sell to me to others.
    LGBTA+itP