New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Here she is, my first computer. *sighs*

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

My first true computer was a '94 Micron. I was *counts* 7. I still remember the 56k dialup sound... mmm good times.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Here she is, my first computer. *sighs*
    Cool. With floppy disks too!

But IIRC this isn't the Amiga that had 512k and great games people like Psygnosys made. This one seems to be older.

I remember back when in computer gaming magazines the Amiga was the king of gaming computers. The screenshots were amazing, in a time where PC games where EGA at best and not that varied. The Amiga inherited Commodore 64's tradition as a gaming platform, and there were zillions of great games made for it in the UK.

Then it was quite funny. As games started growing, PC got its VGA and hard disks and what do you know? All of sudden Amiga became old. They couldn't keep it up with sub PC technology, and lost.

I recall it happened when graphic adventures like Sierra and Lucasfilm used to make were all the rage. They came in lots of floppies, but of course, if you had a hard disk it was a laughing matter. Then PC gaming got really good. And now it reigns supreme*

*(this is only a guess)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I was 2 when I had my first computer.
    That explains a lot of things...

I also had my first computer when I was 3 years old... My little Commodore 64 was really something...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

My first computer was the good ole' Commodore 64. I had so much fun with Boulderdash.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    I also had my first computer when I was 3 years old... My little Commodore 64 was really something...
    It was, though I never had one. I had other 8 bit computers. For me, the best was the Amstrad CPC464. Glorious, I tell you.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
    My first computer was the good ole' Commodore 64. I had so much fun with Boulderdash.
    So I wasn't the only one who played Boulderdash!!! Ahh the memories...
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

8. - Top - End - #68

The history of the Amiga: http://www.amiga.com/about/history/?t=past

The Amiga 500 is probably what you were thinking of as the main gaming Amiga. The Amiga's downfall wasn't so much that they weren't as good, or didn't have hard drives (some did), but that they were seen as a gaming computer. Didn't quite get the business penetration they required. Then, one day, the game developers called the system 'dead' long before it was and started a self fulfilling prophecy.

More information can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga including some interesting facts about notable users.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

My first computer

It was impressive for its time; text-to-speech capabilities, economical power usage, and nearly endless replay value.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

My first computer was a 386 DX 40, which I got in 1993.

But, my first contact with computers was through the awesome MSX, which some of my uncles had.
    I was 4 by that time.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

11. - Top - End - #71

I can't remember my first computer. I seem to remember a really old MacIntosh, or a Tandy with the most primitive OS imaginable (was it a pre-3.1 version of Windows? How should I remember? I remember it being blue...so much blue...)
    Remember when I had an avatar?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    My first computer was a 386 DX 40, which I got in 1993.

But, my first contact with computers was through the awesome MSX, which some of my uncles had.
    I was 4 by that time.
    Yeahhh, the MSX was a cool gaming machine too. My best childhood friend had one, and we used to play with it whenever her grumpy older brother let us.
    It was a cool system even in the 8 bit world because it featured both british games that were also available for the Spectrum AND more consolesque games from japan, some big titles.

Now, you're from Brazil, IIRC. Can't remember if here in Argentina they were so popular. Here the Commodore was big, and the Spectrum too. But there was no Amstrad, sadly. I couldn't find any new games when we moved here. It sucked.

Then the MSX2 had really cool japanese games. It was really popular I think in japan.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't really remember my first computer. I remember when we first got it, and I know it ran some sort of windows os, but that's about all.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

My first computer had a MASSIVE (haha, omg...laugh) hdd of 2.6gb, a whole 8mn of ram! 4mb of graphics and good ol' dail up...Which I still had until about 4 months ago...Oh, it was running Win95...Good ol' BSoD

Got it back in...Ermm...'96 I think...

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

15. - Top - End - #75

After seeing a certain two posters post too close together, this scene came to my mind. Note: if its on two lines, you will need to widen your window.

16. - Top - End - #76

The noble knight rides with his (sorta)noble steed against a (definitely)noble dragon!

And that's (certainly) no bull. (That was awful, even by GitP standards)

What was the first computer games you guys remember playing? I'm not entirely sure, but I distinctly remember playing King's Quest I when I was young (probably with a ton of help from my parents).

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh..Is it a duel? I wonder who would win? That'd be funny to see...also...does Llama count as a PC or an NPC?
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2007-07-14 at 09:12 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

first game I remember playing is Duck Hunt. Wish I still had my NES...

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

As said before, the first game I played was Boulderdash on my beloved Commodore... How I miss it...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Sonic on the Sega Saturn...Best gaming console ever...I swear!

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

My first game computer was the magnificent Pitfall 2 in the beloved MSX (I was 4).

The first video game I ever played was decathlon in the atari 2600 (I was 3).

LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

I had a Mac. I remember playing Glider, and this other stickman game which I can't seem to find anywhere. I don't even know what it was actually called. It was awesome, though.
    Last edited by Ego Slayer; 2007-07-14 at 09:37 PM.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Except the Saturn killed Sega's console market. I am eagerly awaiting the new NiGHTS game for the Wii though.

It was all about Day of the Tentacle and Commander Keen in old days.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have absolutely no idea what the first game I played was. I think I'm going to have memory problems when I grow up. I can barely remember anything from before like six or seven and even then it's all pretty fuzzy. I'm nineteen, that was only twelve years ago. Tell me if this is normal or not, because it doesn't seem like it.

25. - Top - End - #85

I think the first game I ever played was Tekken... 2? Maybe that WWF game where The Undertaker throws ghosts at people?

In any case, the first game I ever played on my very own console (not a PC) was Final Fantasy VII, showing how late in the game (no pun intended) I showed up to the table.

EDIT: Hey, you try not to mix metaphors at 3:52 in the morning.
    Last edited by Scorpina; 2007-07-14 at 09:47 PM.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

26. - Top - End - #86

First game i played: Tetris, easy

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

27. - Top - End - #87

It's normal to have a memory cut-off somewhere around age 3/4...memories require a mind capable of properly interpreting the world around it...the older you get, the more accurate your memories become, until the age of 16, I believe, where the mind is technically fully developed.

I could be dead wrong about that, though. English major, not psych.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Wrong. *hugs Sega Genesis*

Commander Keen!! I have number 4 on this computer...

28. - Top - End - #88
    Colossus in the Playground

I used to sit with my dad as he played Might and Magic and my sister as she played Monkey Island... Two games I'd love to get my hands on and try for myself. Other than that, I think Kidpix was the earliest, but not really a game so much. Other than that, Commander Keen and another one that was similar but with an alien.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I used to sit with my dad as he played Might and Magic and my sister as she played Monkey Island... Two games I'd love to get my hands on and try for myself. Other than that, I think Kidpix was the earliest, but not really a game so much. Other than that, Commander Keen and another one that was similar but with an alien.
    You aren't talking about Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, are you?

/Is a complete side-scroller whore

Ah, Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, Claw, Earthworm Jim... Classics, all.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

My parents had a TRS-80. When I was about five years old I was bugging my mom one day so she sat me down in front of the computer to play the only game they had for it: Zork.

I played for about ten minutes and then decided it was boring.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!