New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

She's got Titans all over SOMETHING alright.

*Bouncing up and down from anticipation for SC2.*
    Last edited by Saithis Bladewing; 2007-07-16 at 01:26 PM.

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

That's obscene! But kind of funny
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Saithis Bladewing View Post
    She's got Titans all over SOMETHING alright.
    From left to right: The Greek Titan, the Egyptian Titan, the Norse Titan, the Atlantean Titan and... the TROUSER TITAN!

Ahem... Moving on with the usual RB now.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm made of absolute funny. ;D

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

I thought you were made of radishes and lols?
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

I thought you were made of volatille stuff...

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm actually made of shadows, death, and an infinite explosion generator.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Nope. It's definantly radishes and lols.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

here's a few theories of mine on why everyone should get along:

• We all have knees, lets get along
    • Nobody doesn’t not disunderstand the uncomunativeness of this sentence….
      Not! Lets get along
    • Hey ho! Lets go (and get along)
    • Everybody’s good at something, for example, I knew a guy that was really good a patience.. but I think everyone can master getting along.
    • We all have hair, lets get along (and kick the bald guys out)

pass that around.. maybe people will start getting along
    Don't think I don't know what you're not undoing

Awsome Avatar by the one and only Serpentine

Play chess online <= challenge ChomZ

Awesomeness

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    I know I'm kinda late on the ewwy bug bandwagon...but check this out.

(Okay...not for the weak of heart...or willy people...or really, it's best not to look at all)

Spoiler
    Show

I'm actually not sure on the name...but whoa, huh?
    Pic rules. In a fascinating though scary way.
    But, did you take the pic yourself? Because I know I wouldn't like to get under that. :s Or in the same room? Well.

And oh, they are potentially poisonous TOO?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

It'd be cool if the spiders were arranged in a freaky demonic writing. Like they spelled out something like "We rest in the fires of hell. Satan comes for you!"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Halfling in the Playground

in the chaotic disturbing images of my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    It'd be cool if the spiders were arranged in a freaky demonic writing. Like they spelled out something like "We rest in the fires of hell. Satan comes for you!"
    thats a good idea, sell the rights to a movie producer and make a fortune
    background theme music Bow Chicka Bow Bow

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, but then Steven King would try and kill me for making a good horror movie that's not his.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChomZ View Post
    here's a few theories of mine on why everyone should get along:

(...)
    • We all have hair, lets get along (and kick the bald guys out)
    *clears throat* Now, mister, let's not discriminate bald people because they are persons too, with feelings. Only that for a random reason they have less hair in their heads than the rest.

Sure, but that's hardly necessary to be horrifying. You know, reality is often scarier than fantasy. Because it's real.

Yay! When it comes out let's all play together ^^

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Demon Spiders are real!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Halfling in the Playground

in the chaotic disturbing images of my mind

Yeah, but then Steven King would try and kill me for making a good horror movie that's not his.
    hes not the president of them, you would just have to hire body guards, film the ensuing action scenes and then sel that and make more money
    background theme music Bow Chicka Bow Bow

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Yay! When it comes out let's all play together ^^
    When I'm done with the campaign and playing with my s/o, sure.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Nope. It's definantly radishes and lols.
    Wait. What? Are you saying Saithis is a Fraggle?!

Agrees that Blizzard should be worshipped for SC2 (and Diablo... and Warcraft...).
    "Rednecks in Spaaaaaaaaaaaace!"
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2007-07-16 at 02:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. Yes I am.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Demon Spiders are real!
    Demons Are Real.

When I'm done with the campaign and playing with my s/o, sure.
    Ok, I guess I'll play the campaign too. Though they usually bore me.

And also I'm soo getting Spore when it comes out. And Fable 2. I really don't care for much more regarding games nowadays. Just a couple of games like that.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Demons Are Real.
    sign by egobuttz

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, I guess I'll play the campaign too. Though they usually bore me.
    Heretic! Heathen! You must be destroyed in the name of greater Blizzard storylines around the world!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    You know, sad as it might sound I knew you were the only person in this forum to get that reference :p

Heretic! Heathen! You must be destroyed in the name of greater Blizzard storylines around the world!
    I have to say it's with almost any game. Single player becomes a chore at one point. It becomes "work". That's the reason why I never finished Baldur's Gate II.

With RTS this is clearly because of the way the designers have of handling difficulty: they don't make the enemies smarter, as a real person would be. They can't do that, so they make it unfair. As in "Level X, you begin with two peasants and they have full unit progression and 3 bases". And that's no fun really. Challenging, but not very fun.

A pity because I do enjoy SP storylines and recognize that it's important to play SP before MP with most games.

I might finish Frozen Throne some day. But for me it's a much better MP game than what the SP experience offers.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground

FdL, if they made an AI that was truly hard, it would cheat, because past a certain point, it would only be tough if it knew what you were doing and how to counter it. Note that tougher computer opponents cheat to become that tough; for instance, an "impossible" computer opponent in WC3 gains 2-3 times the normal amount from resources, and I think builds units faster than normal.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vonriel View Post
    FdL, if they made an AI that was truly hard, it would cheat, because past a certain point, it would only be tough if it knew what you were doing and how to counter it. Note that tougher computer opponents cheat to become that tough; for instance, an "impossible" computer opponent in WC3 gains 2-3 times the normal amount from resources, and I think builds units faster than normal.
    I don't want a hard AI, I'd prefer a realistic AI. Game AI's are designed not to cheat, because obviously the computer know everything about you and has to be "handicapped" to take away that advantage. And act as if it didn't have the extra knowledge it has.

It's always harder to play with a human because they are unpredictable. AI's are fairly easy to beat, and they are good at building and managing resources and troops in realtime, but they lack the drive, creativity and projection a human always uses.

But as AI's are easy, they need to boost them in unfair ways, that's my complaint.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

I don't want a hard AI, I'd prefer a realistic AI. Game AI's are designed not to cheat, because obviously the computer know everything about you and has to be "handicapped" to take away that advantage. And act as if it didn't have the extra knowledge it has.

It's always harder to play with a human because they are unpredictable. AI's are fairly easy to beat, and they are good at building and managing resources and troops in realtime, but they lack the drive, creativity and projection a human always uses.

But as AI's are easy, they need to boost them in unfair ways, that's my complaint.
    I've had only a little bit of coursework touching on this subject, but creating a "realistic" AI for RTS games is incredibly difficult and involved. Even restricting the AI's knowledge due to the "Fog of War" is difficult, because not only do you have to carefully manage what it knows, you also have to teach the AI to do things like send out scouting parties and patrol, and even that is subject to a great deal of conditional things. It gets to the point where trying to teach the computer to make intelligent choices based off of restricted knowledge is incredibly difficult.
    the much simpler solution is to make the computer cheat, to some degree. Hopefully, you manage to strike some balance between computer stupidity and cheating that provides a reasonable challenge without getting to SoulCaliburIII levels of ridiculous cheating.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    I've had only a little bit of coursework touching on this subject, but creating a "realistic" AI for RTS games is incredibly difficult and involved. Even restricting the AI's knowledge due to the "Fog of War" is difficult, because not only do you have to carefully manage what it knows, you also have to teach the AI to do things like send out scouting parties and patrol, and even that is subject to a great deal of conditional things. It gets to the point where trying to teach the computer to make intelligent choices based off of restricted knowledge is incredibly difficult.
    the much simpler solution is to make the computer cheat, to some degree. Hopefully, you manage to strike some balance between computer stupidity and cheating that provides a reasonable challenge without getting to SoulCaliburIII levels of ridiculous cheating.
    I know. So it looks like there's scientific basis for me enjoying multiplayer RTS more than single player campaigns. In a tactical, pure gameplay way, of course.
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-07-16 at 04:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Also, it's more fun to know that a real person is cursing the lameness of your Zerg rush even as it sweeps across her base
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    Also, it's more fun to know that a real person is cursing the lameness of your Zerg rush even as it sweeps across her base
    It sure is!!! ^^

And you know? It's infinitely better with some friend or someone you know.
    That's why I understood Saithis' post saying he wanted to play with his girlfriend first. I'd totally do the same if I had a gamer girlfriend.

And basically that's why I want to play with you people. Let's fire Hamachi and have a team game of Warcraft 3 (TFT). I promise to suck (as if I could do otherwise).

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

And you know? It's infinitely better with some friend or someone you know.
    That's why I understood Saithis' post saying he wanted to play with his girlfriend first. I'd totally do the same if I had a gamer girlfriend.
    *Slap!*

Gender pronouns.