New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Mal...do you mean to say you have never read the Masterpiece that is the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

Death, I <3 you now for that brilliant use of white lettering and numbers. Forever.

Cheers,
    Syka
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    Mal...do you mean to say you have never read the Masterpiece that is the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?
    nor i have seen the princess Bride or anything from Monthy Phyton, I ignore almost anything about National Lampoon and i just recently took interesest on Lovecraft and Pratchett by myself.

don't blame the citizen, blame the country

or the media.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

3. - Top - End - #723

Death, I <3 you now for that brilliant use of white lettering and numbers. Forever.

Cheers,
    Syka
    Who would have thought it was that easy?
    >_> <_< >_> 42

Anyway, I don't think I will wait 72.653462 years before discussing a little theory with you. In hitchhikers guide there is a theory that the answer to the life the universe and everything is "Pick a number, any number". Eddie states this once in his book, and Marvin also uses this quote, to a mattress if I recall, and then when the mattress replies (4 I think), he says "You are wrong". This was after he said he could read the brain waves on monkey boys brains.

All in all it's a nice theory, and "Pick a number, any number" seems to fit in with his themes, and even that fits the answer 42.

Just wondering you other HHGtGs thoughts on this.
    Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, no, Syk! Don't fall for that! You're jumping straight into death's arms! :o

*manages to grab one of her three tails*

5. - Top - End - #725
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wait, doesn't she only have one tail? I know Khan has three tails. Are you sure you aren't getting your fellow playgrounders animal avatars mixed up somehow? Or does she actually have three tails, and I'm just really confused.

6. - Top - End - #726

Oh, no, Syk! Don't fall for that! You're jumping straight into death's arms! :o
    Everyone embraces Death in the end. Although she really only says that I is less than 3.
    Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    nor i have seen the princess Bride or anything from Monthy Phyton, I ignore almost anything about National Lampoon and i just recently took interesest on Lovecraft and Pratchett by myself.

don't blame the citizen, blame the country

or the media.
    National Lampoon = Evil! Well maybe not, but none of it in any way interests me.

Lovecraft, meh. I have enough things to read.

As for Pratchett, he is, perchance, the best modern British Novelist. Take care that you do not offend his cult of followers. For we are many, and look good with tooth picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi everyone!! After a long moving day, I'm back!!!

I've had two really longg days and I won't be here as frequently as I am used to, but at least I will be able to post every once in a while. I haven't got a place still, since things have changed since I moved from here two years ago, but at least there is still a free bed for me...

Anyway, I didn't mean to disrupt your chat about Monty Python and all things dull and ugly... Carry on!!!
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that I see 'Skippy...
    Why do people have avatars with christmas motives? :s

Did I miss some event? Ok, not miss as in "I would have taken part if I knew", but I'm suspecting there's something behind this.

Enlighten me.

10. - Top - End - #730

Since last Tuesday, I believe, it has been Christmas in July week. Here you go. That's the event to explain the Christmas avatars.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, Nomrom. This confirms my suspicions. ;)

Not a bad idea, I guess.
    Well, I got used to have christmas in summer, so maybe that's why it's not that funny to me.

But anyway, santa hats are always cute ^^ Especially on women (but that line of thinking leads to bad thoughts so I won't pursue it).

12. - Top - End - #732
    Colossus in the Playground

For some reason I felt like being grumpy. I don't know why. It is possible that a shadow of a thought of a reason to be so flickered across my conciousness before plunging back into the darkest depths of my psyche. Anyway...

13. - Top - End - #733
    Banned

Being Grumpy is fun. People avoid you, but recognize you as a good guy for wisdom and insight, so they'll only talk to you when you aren't busy. It's perfect for people who can't think in loud noises or gets uncomfortable in crowds, like me.

* Looks as if he's about to bite the head off the next person to bother him *

14. - Top - End - #734
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Has anyone seen my birth certificate? I've been looking for it everywhere, and without it I don't exist.

And... *sigh*grumble*grumble* Tax return time.

---

Cheers,
    Syka
    The books were excellent, but the original radio play was far far better.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

It's really annoying when you can't find anything...

Anyways...

I'm not Giantitp depravated anymore.

16. - Top - End - #736

True dat. I listened to the radio play first, and preferred it to reading the book.
    I WILL round this Cape, even if I have to keep sailing until doomsday!
    Engaged in A Spat with Jibar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Devil Lord-to-be and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers club!

17. - Top - End - #737

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    Surely you mean the bowl of geraniums?

*throws self at the floor and misses*
    Its actually a bowl of petunias, though they were called geraniums in one version.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

18. - Top - End - #738
    Banned

Yeah, my favorite type of humor is a joke that is displaced at different parts of a book before tying together. Hitchhicker's Guide had that a lot.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

And now for something completely different...

Heh!

20. - Top - End - #740

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Has anyone seen my birth certificate? I've been looking for it everywhere, and without it I don't exist.

And... *sigh*grumble*grumble* Tax return time.
    It is?! Crud! Aren't we supposed to get the tax return stuff in the mail? And when does it have to be done by?
    According to my birth certificate, at the time of my birth my mother had no job. Even though she was the major bread-winner If you have an "important documents folder/place" I suggest you look there first. I have a copy of mine in my wallet for all those times I need to brandish it...

21. - Top - End - #741

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    It is?! Crud! Aren't we supposed to get the tax return stuff in the mail?
    I never have.
    And when does it have to be done by?
    Wednesday 31 October 2007 is the absolute deadline. But earlier is better (and you can lodge as early as July 1).
    According to my birth certificate, at the time of my birth my mother had no job. Even though she was the major bread-winner If you have an "important documents folder/place" I suggest you look there first.
    Looked in all of them, found my passports and other things, but no birth certificate yet, I think I must have taken it out for something and not put it back in the right place,
    I have a copy of mine in my wallet for all those times I need to brandish it...
    You have a birth certificate in your wallet???

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

Well, yeah. What if she needs to win an argument with Descartes?
    "I have a Birth Certificate, therefore I am! Booya!"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinizer View Post

Heh!
    methinks he's compensating for something

24. - Top - End - #744

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    Well, yeah. What if she needs to win an argument with Descartes?
    "I have a Birth Certificate, therefore I am! Booya!"
    Usually it's to prove that my name does not have "ca" on the end. Frustrating how many people don't believe me
    Raw, it's just a photocopy. The original's in my Important Documents thingy. When my boss saw how tattered the copy was when he had to photocopy it, he very kindly made me a new one ^_^ My boss is ridiculously accomodating

25. - Top - End - #745

Don't trust accomodating people. They usually have something up their sleeve. Like an arm. An arm with a pointy "deth stik".

26. - Top - End - #746
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

@ Penguinizer - is that the Laughing Game? Or THE game?

*Runs*
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

27. - Top - End - #747
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah thank god for mothers. 21 years old and she still is holding on to my birth certificate and all my other important documents for me. Plus she does my taxes

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    Don't trust accomodating people. They usually have something up their sleeve. Like an arm. An arm with a pointy "deth stik".
    Hm it depends on the person. I had a boss that was like that and he was always smiling and agreeing. Made him seem..fake...in a way. Like behind my back he was plotting my demise. But then again, the job was demise-free so maybe he was just a nice guy.

Although its a lot more funnier to not trust accommodating people.
    You: Hi, reservation for two.
    Host: Allow me to show you to your table
    *mace in eyes*
    You: We can find it just fine, thank you.

/After getting to the table
    Waiter: Allow me *pulls out chair*
    You: Oh no you don't! You're not getting me with your "deth stik"!!"
    Waiter: *confusion*
    == sarcasm in Shoe lingo.

You're the only one who can hold your head up high, Shake your fists at the gates saying:
    "I've come home now!
    Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father. Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
    It's time now!
    My time now!
    Give me my, give me my wings!"

Tool - 10,000 days (wings part 2)

28. - Top - End - #748

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Shoe View Post
    /After getting to the table
    Waiter: Allow me *pulls out chair*
    You: Oh no you don't! You're not getting me with your "deth stik"!!"
    Waiter: *confusion*
    Oh god yes! Now I have to learn how to PRONOUNCE "deth stik".

29. - Top - End - #749
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinizer View Post

Heh!
    That's more than a little odd. O.o
    "The arguments against insanity fall through with a soft shirring sound."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #750

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    Oh god yes! Now I have to learn how to PRONOUNCE "deth stik".
    Or you could buy some.
    Wanna buy some deth stiks?
    Spoiler
    Show

This sean92k guy is either an illegal Mexican immigrant, an 8-year-old French kid or a Turkish bazaar salesman... I'll bet on my life that he is either of the three.