New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    My first game computer was the magnificent Pitfall 2 in the beloved MSX (I was 4).

The first video game I ever played was decathlon in the atari 2600 (I was 3).

I grew up on the atari. I still have 1, no 2, around here. I might even have some games and a working controller.Joystick!!! If not, I can probably fix one up. They were pretty simple.

As for Computer games, the First one I ever played was either Sim City (F-U-N-D = infinite monies for the price of a few earth quakes) or a computerized version of DND where you could be a Fighter, Mage or Cleric. I think the goal on that one was to find the ORB. Monsters included Balrogs, Dragons, Kobolds, bugbears, and Vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

XD King's quest!!

I loved those games. I was five-seven-ish, but helped my dad (try to) beat them as he played. the computer was in my room, so he sometimes tried to sneak in to play. My tips were very useful, actually. Must be my ginormous fairy tale book.

I'm the only one in my family to beat one of those games.

also, my first game to play was king's quest V, I think.

My first to own? Pokemon Crystal.

Best. Game. Ever.

On that note, who likes fairy tales?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

It is SO hot here... it's been about 110 for the past several days... My mom and bro in Sacramento is getting 80 degree temperatures and my dad in San Diego is getting mid 70s GAH I can't take it...

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, I'm in Georgia and it's not even that hot.. Sheesh, I feel your pain.

We've had rain/clouds all week long. It's been great!
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ha! Winter here, and I'm loving it.
    We had storms! And I think our fences still need mending. Thank goodness a friend of mine works at one of those building store thingies and was able to sneak in a discount on fence posts.

Anyway, I have an interesting issue. I don't like opening threads, so this is the perfect place to post, I reckon.
    One of the sites that I use to host my images has suddenly and inexplicably shut down. As in, "discontinued operation." The site didn't have any of the images I use here, so don't worry!
    Anyway, it's a pity, because I've been with that site for a little over four years and it's treated me well.
    However! Believe it or not, the site shutting down is a bloody good convenience. It gives me the perfect excuse to go out and look for another file-hosting site. One more flexible, more variety of items allowed to be stored.
    Before I reach for that Google sidebar (so impersonal!), I wanted to know if anyone here knows of any reputable file-hosting sites. Must be capable of hosting music files and flash movies, as well as all popular types of image.
    The Chilli God has Spoken.
    ---

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chilli_God View Post
    Ha! Winter here, and I'm loving it.
    We had storms! And I think our fences still need mending. Thank goodness a friend of mine works at one of those building store thingies and was able to sneak in a discount on fence posts.

Anyway, I have an interesting issue. I don't like opening threads, so this is the perfect place to post, I reckon.
    One of the sites that I use to host my images has suddenly and inexplicably shut down. As in, "discontinued operation." The site didn't have any of the images I use here, so don't worry!
    Anyway, it's a pity, because I've been with that site for a little over four years and it's treated me well.
    However! Believe it or not, the site shutting down is a bloody good convenience. It gives me the perfect excuse to go out and look for another file-hosting site. One more flexible, more variety of items allowed to be stored.
    Before I reach for that Google sidebar (so impersonal!), I wanted to know if anyone here knows of any reputable file-hosting sites. Must be capable of hosting music files and flash movies, as well as all popular types of image.
    Uhm, I use Photobucket.com. Which is good enough, I guess. Dunno if it hosts music, though. Hm..
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2007-07-15 at 01:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

*sigh*

I just tried to find the FUNNIEST Smurfs thing ever on You Tube and I was failed utterly!

Gargamel was singing, "I am evil! Medi-evil!" While dressed up as a smurfberry bush...

My husband and I just cracked up!! Our son was watching the smurfs, and I had to try to find this scene on You Tube....ah well...

*giggles again*
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I have missed that chapter... I don't recall it...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I didn't either. It was the April Smurf's Day episode. Gargamel did a spell where he changed into a smurfberry bush to try to catch the smurfs. It was a really good one...

EDIT: Found the whole episode...it's about 10 minutes long though. Too bad I couldn't just find the Gargamel thing...
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2007-07-15 at 01:12 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy to hear it ER, I'm not quite a smurf fan but they can be amusing sometimes...
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Gargamel's song and dance routine is at 7 minutes and 45 seconds for anyone interested in seeing it. It's actually pretty funny.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

*wanders in with a large margarita in his hand*

Ooo! Smurfs! Trog's been trying to get a hold of some of them. They make good garnishes in tropical drinks. Too bad this Gargamel fellow Trog keeps trying to buy them from is such an incompetant git.

*sips. Frowns. Pokes at something struggling in the glass. Sips again.*
    Last edited by Trog; 2007-07-15 at 01:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

I had it explained to me (at length) that the Smurfs could be interpreted at Nazi propaganda (in the pub, naturally). I can't quite look at them in the same way anymore.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

14. - Top - End - #104

Wow. I think I heard something like that once, but I forgot.. It would be interesting to hear again.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

smile Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Strange thing, love...

Aye, strange thing indeed...

It not only provides a handy +2 circustance bonus on skill checks, but seems to change ones behavior greatly in a short span of time...
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    I had it explained to me (at length) that the Smurfs could be interpreted at Nazi propaganda (in the pub, naturally). I can't quite look at them in the same way anymore.
    That's taking the Smurfs FAAAAAAR more seriously than I would ever consider taking the little blue buggers. <-- Confused Smurf Smiley
    Last edited by Trog; 2007-07-15 at 01:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I always thought it was strange that there was only one female smurf... I don't know her name in English since I always watched it in Spanish, but anyway, it is strange to have such a great smurf population with just one female smurf...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of Smurfs, did anyone actually know them from the original comics from way before the cartoon was made?

Because everyone seems to know them from the cartoons, whereas they were pretty well known before, though they got a bigger worldwide exposure in TV.

I mean, as usual the TV adaptation was really dumbed down (which I know sounds pretentious when talking about the Smurfs :p). For example, the clever, funny thing about there being smurfs with distinct personalities is that in the original comic they all looked the same. This was probably deeemed to be "too difficult" for the mass audiences and so they made them all have recognizable individual features. Thus taking the cleverness out of it :s

The original comics are really good, if you like that european style (you should). They have a very detailed drawing style, and a surprisingly sharp sense of humour, in addition to featuring interesting satiric takes on modern social and political matters.

Let's all celebrate the legacy of the late great Peyo.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    Oooooh cool never heard that one before. Now I have to get some Smurf DVDs and do some research if it's something there. When you think of it, Gargamel slightly resembles Winston Churchill :D

We had a similar thing a coupple of years ago. A group of students had made a paper wich basically pointed out a kids comicbook as showing mafia society. Things like the hills where the characters live looks much like sicily and so on. When one took a look it was all there. I'm still very convinced that it is entirely coincidental but it is funny.
    Ouche blue beblue schebuuu

20. - Top - End - #110
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    It not only provides a handy +2 circustance bonus on skill checks, but seems to change ones behavior greatly in a short span of time...
    And makes one flat-footed, bound and helpless. Never forget flat-footed, bound and helpless.

Especially not bound if you're into that sort of thing.

21. - Top - End - #111

Someone would have to make a very convincing argument to make me believe that the Smurfs are Nazi propaganda. Cause I can make weird connections between all sorts of things and I don't really see this one. Of course, I haven't seen much Smurfs, so I may be missing things.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khantalas View Post
    Especially not bound if you're into that sort of thing.
    Who isn't?

Er... was that out loud? Trog has had too many of these things today.

*looks in glasss and tosses back the remainder and crunches on sometthing small and blue in the bottom*

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nomrom View Post
    Someone would have to make a very convincing argument to make me believe that the Smurfs are Nazi propaganda. Cause I can make weird connections between all sorts of things and I don't really see this one. Of course, I haven't seen much Smurfs, so I may be missing things.
    Yeah...There are as many versions of this as there are ideologies in the world... :S I'd heard one about them being communists, go figure.

Any of these are just someone misinterpreting what they see and putting there whatever they want to see. Some people just can't stand symbolism and the abstract without loading it with often erroneous concrete meaning.

In other words, they're not getting the Smurfs, for crying out loud.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

W00t, just gained Honorary Canadianship. Seeing as I want to become a real Canadian I find this very nice.

As for the smurfs being nazy propaganda, it's more like capitalist propaganda.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

25. - Top - End - #115

Well, they had to balance out The Smoggies somewhere...

Or...wait...The Smoggies were Canadian only, weren't they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smoggies

Honorary Dutchman for me. I always wanted to be one. Or a real one...but this'll do since I hardly have the money to leave Canada. ^_^
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-15 at 02:41 PM.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

26. - Top - End - #116

My mom used to have a huge bucket of the original smurf toys. I think she sold them at a yard sale for 50 cents each, even when I told her not to.

She's a senior citizen, she doesn't understand eBay.

Actually looking at eBay, looks like the smurfs are going for a dollar a piece. Interesting.

---

Ok, new topic.... and this is me wondering how people the in the southern parts of the US, and other semi-tropical, and tropical areas deal with this.

Anyway.... I have been doing battle this last week. Battle against an enemy so insidious I have had to go all Saddam Hussien on their butts.

All this because I really do not appreciate having to dodge a 2" long bug flying at my face.

Yes, 2 weeks before I move, I have started to find palmento bugs, aka GAINT cockroaches in my apartment.

*is totally and completely disquested*

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thes Hunter View Post
    Ok, new topic.... and this is me wondering how people the in the southern parts of the US, and other semi-tropical, and tropical areas deal with this.

Anyway.... I have been doing battle this last week. Battle against an enemy so insidious I have had to go all Saddam Hussien on their butts.

All this because I really do not appreciate having to dodge a 2" long bug flying at my face.

Yes, 2 weeks before I move, I have started to find palmento bugs, aka GAINT cockroaches in my apartment.

*is totally and completely disquested*
    Get a bug extermination service to kill them all.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Gezina View Post
    Get a bug extermination service to kill them all.
    I called the landlord, and guess what....

He is having the exterminator come AFTER I move out. Since I only have two more weeks there. These are 'outdoor' roaches, and in the south tend to only come inside in hot weather. The weather has been hot here, but I actually believe they are living in the basement here.

However, my own little chemical warfare seems to be working.... since I found another one last night.... but this one was already dead, so no flying in my face for it!

*does the little victory dance*

Sometimes it really does pay to be a rouge and not a paladin.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

29. - Top - End - #119

ALL FEAR THE SNEAKY RED!

Sorry, I love saying that. I'll leave now.
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

What colour does a smurf turn when you choke it.

EDIT: Oh an ZombieRockStar I have never heard of the Smoggies
    Last edited by mikoto; 2007-07-15 at 06:08 PM.
    Curiosity killed the cat but for a while I was a suspect.