New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

I agree, the sun is evil. We should attack back,
    *Picks up hose*
    *Glares angrily at sun*
    *Eyes burn*
    I just got SNEAK ATTACKED
    Spoiler
    Show

This sean92k guy is either an illegal Mexican immigrant, an 8-year-old French kid or a Turkish bazaar salesman... I'll bet on my life that he is either of the three.

2. - Top - End - #1202

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Not exactly romantic but safe somehow and fun. There's nothing better than playing in the rain, and pushing people trying to shelter in the rain.
    It also makes things very cosy and...close if you know what I mean. It's hard to put into words but if you're inside anywhere (especially school) and it's raining it becomes warm, cosy and safe. you don't want to leave. That's how I can best put it. So, yeah, I suppose it could be romantic as well.
    Ah, you understand what I mean. That's good. It means I'm not talking complete crap like usual then!

Actually, reminds me. /me scurries.
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

3. - Top - End - #1203

Conclusion: Global weather is screwed. Secondly, people talk about the weather when they're bored (stereotypically) but here it's an interesting discussion. Why?
    Because the weather is omnipresent and, until recently, noncontroversial . Wherever you go, there is some kind of weather. And, you don't have to have any particular knowledge base to make your comments relevant. The only research you really have to do involves looking out a window.
    I will either find a way or make one.

We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality- Ayn Rand

Don't you know then, my son, how little wisdom rules the world?

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    It's raining here...Or at least until a while ago. Now the sky is a weird shade of pink...

It actually snowed here a couple of weeks ago. That's weird. It doesn't snow in this latitude. The last time it snowed in Buenos Aires was like 90 years ago. And they say it could happen again next week...
    Lucky you.
    It hasn't snowed here for about 30 years.

I wish it would snow here next week, but no! You guys get all the snow for yourselves at Argentina.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Bugbear in the Playground

Meh. There's a show here called Never Mind The Buzzcocks. A while ago they were talking about Australian bands or something. Then Bill Bailey said "The only reason we got such a bloody big Empire was because w hated the rain. Seriously, all our big developmenst were to get away from the weather. Britain covered a third of the wolrd. Australia invented the rotary washing line and the BBQ and had no Empire. Now do you understand my point." roughly. That made the audience laugh so hard. I laughed too.

@FDL: Beunos Aires is in Brazil somewhere?

Conclusion: Global weather is screwed. Secondly, people talk about the weather when they're bored (stereotypically) but here it's an interesting discussion. Why?

Buenos Aires = Capital of Argentina
    Second of all, that remark was stolen from Tom Holt, who said the same thing. Tom Holt is like a mini-Pratchett, and so anything he says cannot be held as truth.
    Conclusion, global weather is screwed because of that cursed alien ROBOT SUN.

6. - Top - End - #1206

Someone should write a song called Robot Sun. Maybe it should be the sequel to Insect Nation.

Actually, someone probably already has.
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

@FDL: Beunos Aires is in Brazil somewhere?
    Argentina, the other big country to the south.

Hmmm...People do talk about the weather when they have nothing to talk about. Generally because you don't know the person very well, else the conversation as an actual exchange of information and opinions would flow naturally. Weather is often used as a phatic component in conversation; that is, just to "oil" the social part of the interaction. Often talking about nothing is still a good way of relating to people, at least to get to know them...

And you know what? It's true about the rain. It makes me feel cozy. And in need of someone warm to hold and generally caress and pamper...
    It sucks to be alone...The craziest thing is that there's probably a girl out there who feels the same right now and yet we are both alone.

Well, I'm a little depressed it seems. Meh, back to the drawing program. I'll soon have a new avvy ^^

8. - Top - End - #1208

Actually, FdL, that's a common misconception. Only sad males get lonely. There are no lonely females, anywhere, amongst the 3.5 billion of them. None. And none of them are pining for someone like you. Not at all! It's true!
    No, it isn't.... Sorry.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Firbolg in the Playground

@ D'anna: Well, it was also said on Buzzcocks. It was just a point to agree with you about how crummy British weather is. Besides Pratchett beats Tom Holt any day of the week.

@FDL and D'anna: I was only one country away and I'm fairly hazy on S. American capitals. I'm better at other countries in other continents capital cities too.

@Everyone: I entirely agree about the rain thing. That's why it's one of my favourite weathers. Thunderstorms and stormy seas are best though. There's nothing more exhilarating than walking along the beach/Prom with the sea raging a few yards away form you and pounding the beach. I'm a bad weather girl at heart. Sunshine is boring.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #1210

First of all, I know it was on something else. But he OBVIOUSLY* stole it!
    *maybe
    So it can't be true.

And there are two things more exhilerating than stormy beaches. Seeing your love after a long absence, and bungee jumping*.
    *Weeeeee!

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

@SMEE: Heh! It was pretty cool for shock value. We all took photos and all that stuff. Most people hadn't ever seen snow in their lives, so at least that was a nice moment of weather-related joy.
    But the cold... :S I could do without that...I'm actually familiar with snowy winters 'cause I used to live in Spain. And snow is very pretty to watch but not so fun to live surrounded by.

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    Actually, FdL, that's a common misconception. Only sad males get lonely. There are no lonely females, anywhere, amongst the 3.5 billion of them. None. And none of them are pining for someone like you. Not at all! It's true!
    No, it isn't.... Sorry.
    Now that you mention it, I always tend to think that women are usually not alone. Like Seinfeld says, for every girl out there, there's a man working in the situation. If you find a girl that's attention-worthy, you're probably too late. It happens to me all the time. But I'm slow like that, so :p

And well, I do know there's no one pining for me. No one that would do anything about it. But it's ok, that's life and maybe it's better to get used to it.

Edit: Ohh, Curly girl! I saw a bit of that show once. It's pretty funny! I found it because I was searching for music videos of a punk band called The Buzzcocks, from which the title of the show comes from.
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-07-22 at 04:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Where I live it had been raining for most of the last month. Other pats of the state got it a lot worse than us though. A lot of places had really bad flooding, but all we got was a lot of rain, no flooding. I've actually never flooded, not even when tropical storms and such came through. Of course, we haven't had a major hurricane hit Texas in years (knock on wood) and I, for one, am glad of that.

EDIT: Holy crap, there were 11 posts while I wrote this one.
    Last edited by Nomrom; 2007-07-22 at 04:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1213

Fdl, what you need is A, the ability to hate a boy friend to death, and B, to console the semi-widows. Always works.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nomrom View Post
    Where I live it had been raining for most of the last month. Other pats of the state got it a lot worse than us though. A lot of places had really bad flooding, but all we got was a lot of rain, no flooding. I've actually never flooded, not even when tropical storms and such came through. Of course, we haven't had a major hurricane hit Texas in years (knock on wood) and I, for one, am glad of that.

EDIT: Holy crap, there were 11 posts while I wrote this one.
    I was going to say, "Well, what about Hurricane Rita a couple years back? That hit Texas.", then I remembered that wasn't really that major of a hurricane IIRC (especially considering another certain hurricane that had occured only a few weeks prior). There hasn't been a major storm hit here (Key West, FL) since that same season (2005). That was Hurricane Wilma, and while it didn't cause any direct deaths, the ENTIRE island was covered in water from the storm surge, which, oddly enough, didn't come in until several hours later when the sky was becoming blue again. There was MAJOR property damage suffered by nearly everyone (luckily, not anyone from my family). Something around 70% of all cars on the island were ruined beyond repair. Some even caught fire because the water made the batteries arc (luckily, none of these fires reached the fuel, so there were no serious explosions).
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

15. - Top - End - #1215

Fdl, what you need is A, the ability to hate a boy friend to death, and B, to console the semi-widows. Always works.
    Not that you'd know.

Ugh, that must suck. It's supposed to be Summer, dammit! Act like it! *shakes fist at sky*
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

16. - Top - End - #1216

Latest News!

After a local newspaper compiled a list of the weatherman's predictions, and that only 182 of them he made a year turned out to be true, he was forced to resign from his work. He then traveled across the country and came to a new town. He instantly applied for the weather man job there. The day came for the interview when they asked him questions about himself. One of the last was "Why did you quit your last job?"

He then replied:
    "The weather didn't agree with me."

Ok, so it wasn't really news,
    Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh the thunderous roar of disapproval, my eyes are clouding up with tears after that. Only a lightning-quick response is adequate, lest others start raining down responses before me. I'd hate to think that all the good ones just breezed past me.

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

Sometimes I wish for the life of a cat. Then I realize I would be at the mercy of people, and that isn't a place I would want to be.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    Sometimes I wish for the life of a cat. Then I realize I would be at the mercy of people, and that isn't a place I would want to be.
    How is that any different from being human?
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

20. - Top - End - #1220

I perfer being human. I like having thumbs. ^_^
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    I perfer being human. I like having thumbs. ^_^
    Cats can have thumbs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyl_cat
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye. - Bill Hicks

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    Thanks! All tips are welcome, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, that's the freakiest link I've followed in the last week.
    It's like the fish from The Simpsons, for crying out loud.
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-07-22 at 09:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1223

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I was going to say, "Well, what about Hurricane Rita a couple years back? That hit Texas.", then I remembered that wasn't really that major of a hurricane IIRC (especially considering another certain hurricane that had occured only a few weeks prior). There hasn't been a major storm hit here (Key West, FL) since that same season (2005). That was Hurricane Wilma, and while it didn't cause any direct deaths, the ENTIRE island was covered in water from the storm surge, which, oddly enough, didn't come in until several hours later when the sky was becoming blue again. There was MAJOR property damage suffered by nearly everyone (luckily, not anyone from my family). Something around 70% of all cars on the island were ruined beyond repair. Some even caught fire because the water made the batteries arc (luckily, none of these fires reached the fuel, so there were no serious explosions).
    Well, Texas is really big, and since Rita missed me in Houston, despite heading straight at us for most of it's life, I am ashamed to say that often I forget it hit Texas. Also, it was severely weakened by landfall, and was not a major hurricane, like Katrina was, though it did cause a lot of damage. I supposed I should have amended my post to say that I hadn't been hit by a major hurricane in years. Actually, I've lived in Texas most of my life and never been hit by hurricane.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    How is that any different from being human?
    The cat I have is the only one of its litter to survive. She came from a OMGWTFBBQCRAZY cat lady who had a room filled with hundreds of dead cats. People that commit violence against other people... will eventually have someone stand up for them.

The difference, is that I live in an open carry state.

25. - Top - End - #1225

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    People that commit violence against other people... will eventually have someone stand up for them.
    Fortunately, the same goes for cats most of the time.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Well at least in this case, yes. But there are some countries where no one would look twice. Usually, even in the worst places, people will help eachother.

27. - Top - End - #1227

I'd still rather say that's because they don't know it, not because they don't care. I can't believe you'd not care at all in any case of violence should you know about it (although I know people who would, they disgust me). From my experience, someone who wouldn't try to help a helpless animal if he or she knows about it wouldn't help a human either.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Colossus in the Playground

Because we're all bored and have too much time to think about it, duh.

The uni here keeps a field of kangaroos and deer (the deer were part of the conditions of the granting of the land - if they get rid of the deer park, the people who own the uni no longer own the land. Hurrah rich colonial-descent widows with no next of kin!). Lately someone's been getting over the 3m-high barbed wire-topped fence and mutilating and murdering the kangaroos I am reassured somewhat in people by the fact that "murder" was used in the paper headline. Of course, it's entirely possible that it was my sister who wrote it... but still.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yiel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You should see my friends cat! He literally sits in front of his eating bowl and takes handfuls of food with his hand (with a thumb) and moves it toward his mouth, sometimes balancing it and bringing it up to his face.

It's like the ending of the word. But it's a cat with thumbs!
    sign by egobuttz

30. - Top - End - #1230

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    You should see my friends cat! He literally sits in front of his eating bowl and takes handfuls of food with his hand (with a thumb) and moves it toward his mouth, sometimes balancing it and bringing it up to his face.

It's like the ending of the word. But it's a cat with thumbs!
    This cat must be either the next step on the evolutionary ladder or part of a secret breeding plan trying to create catgirls.