New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    BTW Skippy, I finally saw the keyblade guy at some store in the mall. Or a keyblade guy anyway...

Also, they were selling a giant stuffed keyblade.
    That's not that bad, there's a store in the mall of america, Vääse, it has in stock, a plastic keyblade, and the FF gunblade replica. It's sad how many people would want something like that.

Though to it's credit, it carries several real bladed weapons. And vases and ceramic stuff.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

This was a kids store, or something. Lots of toys and stuff. This particular keyblad was about two and a half feet long, and stuffed.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Me wants one...

It sounds really cool...

Of course, it wouldn't be wise to buy one, since I'd end up giving it to the girl I like, in another useless attempt to get her attention...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

On the topic of bugs. I'm phobic of them, as in seriously phobic. Let the record say, I live in possibly the WORST place to be bug phobic.

*ahem*

Bees and wasps. Everywhere. The particularly like to try and build hives at our front door and backyard, meaning if I see one...I will stay outside until it is dealt with. What's worse, is they have a tendency to FOLLOW ME. This isn't including the multiple times I've been trapped in a car with a wasp, one time resulting in a sting and the others nearly resulting in me jumping out of a moving car (in my defense, it flew straight at my face).

Roaches. Ho boy, do we have those. Memorable experience when I was 5 and we moved to our new house. It was sitting on MY BED. I was 5. I screamed bloody murder. I also found one in the dining hall up here at school, on the wall, right next to my table. I slowly moved my bag away and went to find someone to kill it (my phobia extends to an inability to even get close enough to kill them). I come back...and it's gone. Thankfully, another girl had seen my reaction and killed it.

Silverfish. Hehe...we get these but only in one of our bathrooms back home. Literally, only one. They aren't even in the room that is connected to the bathroom (the master bedroom). Unfortunately, said bathroom is my bathroom. I don't know what those things are eating, but we've had some huge silverfish in there before.

Assorted bugs. All I have to say is...running into a swarm of gnats while being bug phobic is terrifying. I've done it. Recently. It took me half an hour to calm down and my arms were red because I kept rubbing them to get the imagined bugs off of me (which wasn't entirely off the mark, since I found one crawling on my desk and the corner of my glasses AFTER I got back to my house and thought all the real ones were off). I can 'handle' rolli pollies and leaf bugs (cool, bright green things that look like...leaves), but I still won't touch them unless I need to. Oh...crickets are ok as long as they don't jump AT me. Jumping away is fine.

Spiders...aren't bugs. I'm ok with most of them unless A. they are brightly colored, B. look like a black widow/brown recluse, both of which we get, C. are by my bed, or D. are big. I've lived in this room for 7 and a half months now and until the last two weeks had never seen a spider in my room. Then I see four, two by my bed, two by my sink. I killed the two by my bed, the other two lived. The guy I'm dating and I once tried to kill a large wolf spider in his brothers condo...We never succeeded. The thing refused to die. *twitch* So we used a fly swatter to chuck it outside.

Thankfully, both places I live are pretty good on the pest-control front. :)

Cheers,
    Syka
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wasps are cool. Bees, less so. Bees are fat...any bug that has that "fat" quality—the bulbous abdomen and a really loud, low buzz—automatically wigs me out.

The worst bugs, the ones I really find annoying, are the deer flies you get when you go camping. They bite and they follow you until you kill them, and they're dauntless. I really hate them.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

On the note of replica weapons, a mate of mine recently bought a replica of Sephiroth's sword from FFVII. (For those who don't know, it's essentially an oversized katana) The thing's taller than he is, and weighs 35 pounds.

The company that makes these apparently also makes replicas of Cloud's Buster Sword. The best way I can describe it is by calling it an inch-think iron surfboard with a handle.
    *shakes head* I'm just trying to imagine the shipping costs.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRockStar View Post
    Silverfish are creepy and gross.
    But they're shiny!

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    On the note of replica weapons, a mate of mine recently bought a replica of Sephiroth's sword from FFVII. (For those who don't know, it's essentially an oversized katana) The thing's taller than he is, and weighs 35 pounds.

The company that makes these apparently also makes replicas of Cloud's Buster Sword. The best way I can describe it is by calling it an inch-think iron surfboard with a handle.
    *shakes head* I'm just trying to imagine the shipping costs.
    Oh, I thought the Buster Sword was basically overcompensating because Cloud had such a little --
    *Bus passes by at a really high speed, making too much noise*

And that's why he had it...
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Awww Trog & Thes.

When Mr.Yiel first moved in with me from a similar situation we put all his boxes in the garage and set off a roach-bomb and an ant-bomb and let them sit overnight.

Not saying your not sanitary Thes just that you don't want Trog going to put a smurf in his cocktail and landing up with a giant-red-demon roach. Who knows what that does for Troglodyte digestion.
    Spoiler
    Show

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye. - Bill Hicks

10. - Top - End - #160

= like putting hot sauce in a cocktail. Unless Trog is making some sort of demonic Cesar.

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    Oh, I thought the Buster Sword was basically overcompensating because Cloud had such a little --
    *Bus passes by at a really high speed, making too much noise*

And that's why he had it...
    I agree, and it's mostly my initial jugdment on everyone with oversized swords....

and Yiel, i have studied a little on the reptilians...and i don't think the reaction of the smurf in their digestive system is a pleasant one...thank the gods Trog has that earring..

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

I don't like any bug that looks like it'll fall apart if you touch it. or if it bites me. I think the all around most hated bug is the mosquito.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zephra View Post
    I don't like any bug that looks like it'll fall apart if you touch it. or if it bites me. I think the all around most hated bug is the mosquito.
    Mosquitoes I don't mind as much as some other things, because their bites are mild and they die in winter. (Which is one of only 2 seasons in Canada, so it's winter a lot. )
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate mosquitoes... I think I've been ranting about them for about a month and a half... And they don't seem to go away!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    But they're shiny!
    So apparently shiny = cool. Good to know. *adds "shine=cool" to almanac*

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah mosquitoes, the Minnesota state bird... The insect that freaks me out most is the giant centipede. Once one attacked from under a pot and my friends brother grabbed a spade and SMASHED it, but OH NO it wasn't even phased. Big, poisonous, too many legs BLEH. I'm fine with most bugs though. I'll let spiders climb on me when I'm bored.

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    I'll let spiders climb on me when I'm bored.
    A spider dropped on my head today, but I didn't notice until it decided to hang on a web in front of my eye. I have to admit, it was a bit of a surprise, but I can say the spider will live to see another day.

On another note, I'm signing off now. I likely won't be posting again until August.
    Bye.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

18. - Top - End - #168

Aww...we'll miss you.

Wait...what am I saying? No we won't.

19. - Top - End - #169

of course we'll miss him! who are we gonna punt and/or use as a ball now?

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry Lucky, the forum will probably still be here when you come back... But it's not guaranteed, so please don't force your luck and come back soon ok?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    Never seen a roach in my life.
    You are very privileged.
    Yet I find this so strange. Oh, well, obviously in other parts of the world they have better pest control/sanitation than here. And of course, they are different ecosystems.

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    and you know what do i hate? pidgeons...dirty,dumb birds i tell ya... always running into windows or ruinning your laundry...and, according to an Argentinian Urban Myth...they also consume human beigns ....
    Dude...! How come I never heard of that? It deserves research.
    Well, some consider pigeons to be the equivalent of rats with wings. I mean, they can be cute and all, but sometimes there's just too many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
    That's not that bad, there's a store in the mall of america, Vääse, it has in stock, a plastic keyblade, and the FF gunblade replica. It's sad how many people would want something like that.
    I consider both the "keyblade" and the "gunblade" to be among the worst examples of videogame design.

But let's leave the gunblade aside for a while, because for that one at least I can see that they were going for "cool" (ie, A: "what's cooler, a gun or a sword?" B: "I know, let's make it both!!!" A&B: "Total win, dude!").

Keyblade...I can't take that fictional weapon seriously, can't even see it as a weapon...:s I'd be more scared of a giant spoon. Or a giant paintbrush, I don't know. :p

22. - Top - End - #172

Zombie told me I should put this up here. This just flew/ran into my front door:

Spoiler
    Show

I think this beetle was just over 2 inches long. Not *huge*, but for eastern TN in a suburban area, it's freakin' big!

Taken with the ArchivesNinja's camera, which I am enjoying playing with

Edit: @^FDL: To each his/her own - I personally think the keyblade is pretty cool - even if it does lack any kind of 'blade'. *shrug*, but I'm weird like that. Not seeing the gunblade so much, but I've not played that game...

~PS
    Last edited by Penguinsushi; 2007-07-15 at 09:21 PM.
    "One Penguin To Rule Them All..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm invisible...I'm invisible...I'm baby mice-ing invisible!" ~ Diva De

The Boot. Fear it.

Thanks to Trog for OotK icon
    Also, thanks to El J, Kubb Ambassador

23. - Top - End - #173

Why don't oysters give the charities?

Because they are shellfish.

In unrelated note reading the reader's digest in the doctors waiting room sure is fun.
    Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

24. - Top - End - #174

Now that's a cool beetle. Beetles rank among my favourite insects.

Ow...pun damage...

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinsushi View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I think this beetle was just over 2 inches long. Not *huge*, but for eastern TN in a suburban area, it's freakin' big!

Taken with the ArchivesNinja's camera, which I am enjoying playing with
    That's awesome! We've got some like that here. Just last week my cousin found one...

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Dude...! How come I never heard of that? It deserves research.
    Well, some consider pigeons to be the equivalent of rats with wings. I mean, they can be cute and all, but sometimes there's just too many of them.
    Well, i read that from a book i bought there, that showed some urban legends of Buenos Aires; like the ghost of Eva Perón, the diabolic chatroom, the forbbiden tatoo, etc.

the book was called "Buenos Aires es legenda 2"; i tried to find the first one, but i wasn't lucky enough

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

es gives Trog heartburn. Though Demonic Caesar Salads are quite good... er.. evil... Trog thinks they're tasty. That is. Either that or a Vrock Vinegrette. Nummy.

28. - Top - End - #178

I was talking about squashing them up and throwing them into a demonic bloody caesar. Instead of clamato, it uses the actual blood of Julius Caesar.
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-15 at 09:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Is that anything like a bloody mary?

30. - Top - End - #180

Of course I find out the hard way that certain things are unique to Canada.

It's a variant of the Bloody Mary. Much more popular up here.I had no idea is was unique to Canada.
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-15 at 09:42 PM.