Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Blood and Pancakes (OOC VII)

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Dalin, I'm confused by the room layout. The Securitron was at the doorway where we were going. You said it turned around and started away. Is that not the doorway we were going through?
    The door was off to the right side of the hallway; the Securitron was near the door, but was still in the hallway. It then proceeded to turn around and head down the hallway; it probably couldn't fit through the door, given that it would be sized for ponies and pony-sized robots.

Alright, good news; there was a door about forty feet in front of him, to the the right. Bad news; there was a Securitron was just a foot behind it, it's shoulders wide enough that was nearly touching both the gate to it's immediate left and the wall to it's right. It seemed to be powered off at the moment, or it could be in some sort of rest mode.
    "Yes." the Securitron replied, before slowly turning around, and heading down the pathway rather quickly. After a few minutes, the telltale sounds of the wheel against the floor faded in the dim roar of the machinery around them.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    The door was off to the right side of the hallway; the Securitron was near the door, but was still in the hallway. It then proceeded to turn around and head down the hallway; it probably couldn't fit through the door, given that it would be sized for ponies and pony-sized robots.
    See you didn't say the securitron couldn't fit through the door. Just that it's shoulders were very wide. And even then, when you said it was "just a foot behind it", I took that to mean it was inside the doorway.

So, change of events. Doc would have taken the door as originally planned.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    GitP Player Registry Entry

3. - Top - End - #993

See you didn't say the securitron couldn't fit through the door. Just that it's shoulders were very wide. And even then, when you said it was "just a foot behind it", I took that to mean it was inside the doorway.
    If it was visible behind the door, then the door would have been mentioned as being closed or made of clear glass or something. If it was in the hallway, shoulders would not have been touching the wire gate separating the pathway from the conveyor belts and the wall.

So, change of events. Doc would have taken the door as originally planned.
    Alright, would you prefer to just have it not happen entirely, or would you just prefer to backtrack after the missing floor grate? Either way would work, although the latter would make for better flow, in the vein of 'well this way's probably to dangerous'.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Who's that Pokemon? It's...

Lortyme! What is the place of Securitrons in the Fallout Equestria setting?

5. - Top - End - #995

If it was visible behind the door, then the door would have been mentioned as being closed or made of clear glass or something. If it was in the hallway, shoulders would not have been touching the wire gate separating the pathway from the conveyor belts and the wall.

Alright, would you prefer to just have it not happen entirely, or would you just prefer to backtrack after the missing floor grate? Either way would work, although the latter would make for better flow, in the vein of 'well this way's probably to dangerous'.
    I thought the door was open. Well, communication issues can be fixed. I'd suggest being a little more descriptive with the positions of things.

I'd prefer it didn't happen. The door was the original destination so that's where Doc would have gone. I can keep the 8 Perception check for the door.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #996

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Who's that Pokemon? It's...

Lortyme! What is the place of Securitrons in the Fallout Equestria setting?
    They're a bit rarer then they otherwise would be in traditional Fallout, and are more associated with heavy-duty private areas then military ones (which tend to have variations on heavy security robots). They are proportionally bigger to ponies then they are to humans (they're roughly the size of a minotaur here) so they are as much a physical threat here as they are when it comes to their weapons loadout. There's no direct equivalent of of Mr. House around here, so they're not usually found in heavy concentrations in anywhere particular.

I'd prefer it didn't happen. The door was the original destination so that's where Doc would have gone.
    Alright; given that this changes the rest of the posts, probably best to just change that inital post so the rest of the party can act accordingly, given that not following the robot lessens the amount of danger, and also separates the group from Vaughn.

I can keep the 8 Perception check for the door.
    Yes, you can.

7. - Top - End - #997

Alright; given that this changes the rest of the posts, probably best to just change that inital post so the rest of the party can act accordingly, given that not following the robot lessens the amount of danger, and also separates the group from Vaughn.
    Cool, thanks. I shall do so now.

Yes, you can.
    Well, less a question and more for fairness.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

So, instead of going after the robot and falling down a pit trap, Doc's now going through the door instead and we're waiting on him falling down a pit trap there?

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Question. Can Choro use telekenesis to toss the mine away? From a safe distance? She doesn't need LoS, though without it she needs to make a science roll.

(1d10)[10] Perception 6
    (1d100)[7] Science 85

I'm... gonna guess that's a no.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2017-06-16 at 08:56 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    So, instead of going after the robot and falling down a pit trap, Doc's now going through the door instead and we're waiting on him falling down a pit trap there?
    Makeshift landmine actually. Which is curious because makeshift means there's something significant with these offices to someone who came after the fact.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-06-16 at 09:20 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #1001

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Question. Can Choro use telekenesis to toss the mine away? From a safe distance?
    To actually answer this, using telekinesis to move grenades and mines when they are activated is, in most circumstances, a no-no, although throwing time-delayed explosives during, say, combat is generally sound.

12. - Top - End - #1002

To actually answer this, using telekinesis to move grenades and mines when they are activated is, in most circumstances, a no-no, although throwing time-delayed explosives during, say, combat is generally sound.
    Could moving them while standing a fair distance away be a suitable way of setting them off?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #1003

Could moving them while standing a fair distance away be a suitable way of setting them off?
    Yes. Of course, that would rely on someone seeing them first.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Yes. Of course, that would rely on someone seeing them first.
    Between Doc's PER 7 and Stellar's PER 4 we should see them 110% of the time.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

That's right; Viridia's calling out Oppenheimer, and it's been a long time coming!

16. - Top - End - #1006

Between Doc's PER 7 and Stellar's PER 4 we should see them 110% of the time.
    Ah, that's wasteland math for you!

That's right; Viridia's calling out Oppenheimer, and it's been a long time coming!
    You mean Trottenheimer, right? /joke

17. - Top - End - #1007

My theory is that this lab might be where they invent flavoring for their products. Since homeless folks show up at the factory like the Foremare's log mentions, the lab has free taste testers readily available.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #1008

My theory is that this lab might be where they invent flavoring for their products.
    The places where where meat quality is tested and where R&D is located are, hopefully, two different places.

19. - Top - End - #1009

The places where where meat quality is tested and where R&D is located are, hopefully, two different places.
    I dunno about that. It sounds like there's something really interesting in the basement.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #1010

I dunno about that. It sounds like there's something really interesting in the basement.
    There's always something in the basement. If someone says there is nothing in their basement, that just means that their closest isn't big enough for all the corpses and that's why there's so many patches of recently laid cement.

21. - Top - End - #1011

There's always something in the basement. If someone says there is nothing in their basement, that just means that their closest isn't big enough for all the corpses and that's why there's so many patches of recently laid cement.
    Granted that, yes, there will always be something in the basement, including a few "skeletons". However, we have two sources talking about those skeletons in unpleasant ways that make it sound like not all those bodies stopped wiggling.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

Those skeletons didn't give up.

23. - Top - End - #1013

Granted that, yes, there will always be something in the basement, including a few "skeletons". However, we have two sources talking about those skeletons in unpleasant ways that make it sound like not all those bodies stopped wiggling.
    To be fair, every Fallout megacorp has major skeletons in their basements. I'm not actually sure if there's been one that's specifically 'clean', actually.

After Crunchmunch, the party's immediate options would include heading for Reaver territory, so that could be interesting if everyone is feeling especially suicidal.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Why can't we go somewhere nice?

25. - Top - End - #1015

That's likely going to be the main problem in the basement. :o

To be fair, every Fallout megacorp has major skeletons in their basements. I'm not actually sure if there's been one that's specifically 'clean', actually.
    So should we outlaw basements? XD

But yeah, the bigger the company, the more skeletons get buried under them. They move the headstones, but not the graves.

After Crunchmunch, the party's immediate options would include heading for Reaver territory, so that could be interesting if everyone is feeling especially suicidal.
    Doc's gonna want to find the fastest route to the town few would be interested in returning to (Oakville) to save a horse few would be interested in seeing again (Sari).
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #1016

Why can't we go somewhere nice?
    Best to ask where the nearest resort town is.

Actual answer; the empty Stable is the local 'nice town', but the entire Ministry strip it is near is mostly safe. Last Stop wouldn't exist if it wasn't nice-ish, because otherwise people would just flock to some small town south of Tauronto. There's probably one or two horse towns that are nice enough, as well.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

@MegaCorps, I felt that canonically, it was interesting how clean StableTec was in the fic. They had a couple of issues, but compared to ValutTec? (A corp so cartoonishly evil, they might as well be in Exalted?) I can only think of two morally questionable things ST really did: the Stallion Stable (which while questionable wasn't the worst thing ever), and Scoots setting up the Canterlot Stable as a trap for the nobility. Unlike VaultTec most of the Stables went wrong by happenstance or flaws, rather than being intentionally designed to muck with people. They even thought ahead to put an override switch on their AI! That's forward planning.

Also, WHOOO! Doc just critted Survival! Does that mean we find the Holy Grail?

28. - Top - End - #1018

I'm glad you mentioned that I crit the survival. For some reason my phone won't show me roll results (probably because it's old).

Vault Tec was pretty bad in the silly evil department, but a few of their experiments were interesting--the one with the unusual white noise pumped in the speaker s that drove people mad was a decently creepy story. The one where you hallucinate was also good.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

I'm glad you mentioned that I crit the survival. For some reason my phone won't show me roll results (probably because it's old).
    Actually that's a constant. The mobile version of GiantITP doesn't call up the roll code. You can see it by going to desktop version on your phone if you're ok with a little awkward scrolling.

And perfect crit. You rolled a 1

30. - Top - End - #1020

Woot!

Browsing the desktop site in this little phone is really awkward. Crazy thing yesterday was that I had put my phone in my pocket without locking the screen. In just a few minutes it had opened about 20 apps and turned on the flashlight option. Oops.

Interesting that the terminal here was taken. I wonder if Moony's Olive friend knows anything about it?
    Digo Dragon - Artist