New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Please name this old arcade game

Hi all,

The game I'm searching for is prolly 20+ years old. Here's what details I remember of it:

- vertical scroller
    - your character has 2 kinds of weapons, the "regular" one which was enough for small fry monsters and a "big" one which was effective vs bosses and some tougher mobs; both firing modes could be used at the same time and had no limit/ammo restriction
    - there were some lion head statues that shot at you on ground levels, the "big" weapon was effective against them
    - 1st stage was land based
    - the boss at the end of 1st stage was a giant cyclops, you'd hit him with the big gun 5-6 times to defeat him
    - 2nd stage you were flying over the water and grew wings for this, there was no boss here as far as memory serves
    - 3rd stage was land based too, don't remember the boss
    - 4th stage was over water again and the boss was a huge green (I think it was green) dragon that took the upper half of the screen and saturated the screen with "bullets" almost as soon as he appeared; never got past this stage
    - one last thing I remember was the "witch", an enemy in a robe that would fling some circular thingies at your character; IIRC it could disappear and/or teleport

Rings any bells ?
    Last edited by bigbaddragon; 2016-11-22 at 01:26 PM.
    Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice

Many thanks to The Randomizer for awesome avatar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Please name this old arcade game

This sounds a bit like Time Soldiers. Do you remember what the player characters were like in it?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Please name this old arcade game

I looked it up. The setting in the game I was describing was fantasy oriented.
    As far as the weapons I mentioned go, I don't remember them having an actual model. It was more like the character was throwing bullets and some other larger bullets with his hands. And there was only one character.
    Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice

Many thanks to The Randomizer for awesome avatar