New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah 2016

Throne Room

Sarina takes the heavy bag in her two hands and bows to the drider.
    "Thank you again." she says, and leaves to find other sights.

Entrance

Lily might be bumped by a young man in his late teens or early twenties, conventionally attractive and muscular even in a green sweater. His furry goat legs are less warmly clothed. His horns are curled and his tail is far longer than an actual goat's would be. Black curly locks sit on his head and a small goatee on his chin. He flicks his long ears, and the little suited imp on his shoulder bows. The humonculus has four wings and pigmented clay skin that makes him look like he's got a suit on.
    "Sorry Miss. I wasn't looking." he apologizes.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-12-26 at 11:48 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Giant Spruce]

Mia looks a bit confused.

"On what terms do you work on computers. I don't think your just working as a secretary."
    "Well, secretary work is important. All information-working."
    Alice pauses, a little hesitant to speak.
    "A bit of everything. I maintain records, write drivers, study information."

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Gardens

"Okay. Simple it is." Mist replies, squatting down and rolling a ball of his own. Leah really shouldn't be laying in the snow like that. Her belly's going to get all wet.
    What is a fur coat for if not keeping you warm in the snow?
    Soon enough, the snow all around has been disturbed and squashed into a giant but slightly off-center snowman base.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Santa Time!!!!!

Hopefully Santa's Throne is as size adjustable, because Felandria Claus is here to give prezzies!!!!!!
    It certainly is. Much of this place is gigantic after all. And if we had to make do with a smaller Felandria, would that be so bad?

Here comes someone up to Santa's throne, looking for a gift. Alni looks like she could be one of Santa's helpers; a little elf girl with a santa hat, ugly thanksmas sweater, and carrying a big basket.
    "Merry Thanksmas!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Square]

Batu's brain is working double-time to think of something to say as he accompanies Kal.

"So, uh... do you come here to Thanksmas often? I've been around the Nexus a couple of years, but only thought to come here recently."
    [Square]

"I've been around to a couple." Says Kal. "I was even thinking of throwing one of these shindigs myself, when I got wind that this was going on. Maybe next year, though."

Entrance

Lily might be bumped by a young man in his late teens or early twenties, conventionally attractive and muscular even in a green sweater. His furry goat legs are less warmly clothed. His horns are curled and his tail is far longer than an actual goat's would be. Black curly locks sit on his head and a small goatee on his chin. He flicks his long ears, and the little suited imp on his shoulder bows. The humonculus has four wings and pigmented clay skin that makes him look like he's got a suit on.
    "Sorry Miss. I wasn't looking." he apologizes.
    [Entrance]

Lily is about as fragile as she looks, and surprised by the muscular satyr is knocked to the ground.
    "Evidently." She says sourly, looking at her assailant with her gray eyes. Fortunately, while she seems to be pretty cross, she's not abjectly furious, and extends a hand to let the man help her up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Soon enough, the snow all around has been disturbed and squashed into a giant but slightly off-center snowman base.
    Gardens

"So I guess we're gonna need more snow." Mist says, backing up so they can get snow from the rest of the area for snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Entrance]

Lily is about as fragile as she looks, and surprised by the muscular satyr is knocked to the ground.
    "Evidently." She says sourly, looking at her assailant with her gray eyes. Fortunately, while she seems to be pretty cross, she's not abjectly furious, and extends a hand to let the man help her up.
    It was just a light bump! Or so he thoguht. Jim is quick to kneel down and help the poor girl up. "Sorry, I guess I'm not as aware of crowds as I thought I was." he says apologetically.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Rachel finally arrives, running onto the scene and panting once she gets there. "Made... it... phew." She didn't miss the whole celebration at least. The blue eyed, red tailed catgirl would probably have had an easier time running here if she wasn't dressed like Major General Armstrong. Someone should tell her Spoooktacular is a different holiday. Getting really lost along the way probably hurt too. But everything's fine now!

[Throne Room]

Leah rubs the back of an ear, a slight blush forming. "You are too kind sir. I'm so far down the succession line it hardly counts. Thankfully. But there are a good number of perks and requirements. Such as learning horseback riding, whether you like it or not." She wags her finger in a mock imitation of her tutors.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-12-27 at 07:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

[Square]

Okay. Okay. He's talking. To a super-handsome man. That's... success? Probably.

"Throwing a party like this? That's... an undertaking," he says.

[Throne Room]

Fayyaad grins.

"Such is the burden of our station."

He glances over to where people appear to be dancing.

"Does your royal education include dancing? It's been entirely too long since I had the opportunity."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #277

Gardens

"So I guess we're gonna need more snow." Mist says, backing up so they can get snow from the rest of the area for snow.
    "I guess so!" Leah gets up, grinning, and brushes away a few flakes of snow from her fur. Then it's ranging away to build the rest of the snowman.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

It was just a light bump! Or so he thoguht. Jim is quick to kneel down and help the poor girl up. "Sorry, I guess I'm not as aware of crowds as I thought I was." he says apologetically.
    [Entrance]

"...Right." Didn't the satyr already say that? Why bother apologizing for the same thing twice? When she's upright once again, Lily takes another glance at the unloading carriage, not really sparing much thought for Jim at the moment.

[Square]

Okay. Okay. He's talking. To a super-handsome man. That's... success? Probably.

"Throwing a party like this? That's... an undertaking," he says.
    [Square]

"It would be. That's what makes it fun, though! Have you ever been part of planning an event before?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

[Square]

"Not really, no. I've never... that is, no one has ever included me in such plans," Batu admits. "I'm... not much of a planner. Or a socialite. You clearly are, though. Popular at parties, I mean."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Jim tries his best to follow her eyes, looking over at the packed sleigh.
    "Sheesh. Talk about having money to burn." he says with a chuckle, knowing that no one would possibly catch the irony.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Well, secretary work is important. All information-working."
    Alice pauses, a little hesitant to speak.
    "A bit of everything. I maintain records, write drivers, study information."

It certainly is. Much of this place is gigantic after all. And if we had to make do with a smaller Felandria, would that be so bad?

Here comes someone up to Santa's throne, looking for a gift. Alni looks like she could be one of Santa's helpers; a little elf girl with a santa hat, ugly thanksmas sweater, and carrying a big basket.
    "Merry Thanksmas!"
    [Giant Spruce]

"That sounds a bit indistinct."
    Mia says. "I'm not sure I can follow what you want to tell me."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Entrance

Cessie takes Jezebel's hand and, as gracefully as she can manage, climbs out of the sleigh. She eyes her surroundings, unsure why there were so many drow here. She vaguely recall horned creatures running it at one point too. Was this a running theme around here?
    "Thank you, Jezebel." She then turns to her own children. "Be careful when you leave the sleigh, and don't go running off now." She will help Jillian down first, while a pile of magma chunks appear next to here, and then quickly form into a vaguely humanoid form which vaguely resemblance the sorceress herself, though a lot taller. Without Garn here, she needed something else to help watch the children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Entrance]

Ariel won't get to sleep much longer. Cora shakes her awake. "We're here we're here!" She immediately hurries to the edge of the wagon to gaze with wonder at their surroundings. Her eyes, and her brother's next to her, are immediately caught by the towering tree reaching into the sky.

"Wooow!"

"There's people up there!" Bastion points to where he can see figures moving on one of the platforms in the tree's boughs.

Jillian wraps her arms around her mom's neck when she's lifted up. It's a good thing she has help for the other kids, because the little girl has decided she wants mommy to hold her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Entrance]

Well a giant sleigh is pretty noticeable. Lily hovers under the guise of adjusting her scarf and mittens, watching Cessie, Jezebel, and the entire babby crew disembark the sleigh out of the corner of her eye.

Entrance

If Jezebel notices the woman watching the group and the little commotion she raises, she doesn't give any outward sign of it. The place was fairly crowded after all, so it was likely she was missed or that Jezzy considered a pair of families climbing out of a Moose-Drawn Sleigh to be pretty stare-worthy. Once her children are out of the sleigh, Jezebel holds out her hand towards Sergei. "Give." She tells him, getting a sigh in response as he turns over his dagger for her safekeeping. She raises her eyebrow when he starts to try and squirm away, but a small click of her tongue elicits another sigh. "Sorry." Her son says, reaching into his coat to offer a second one over.

"I trust you, Sergei. I just don't want you to get into trouble."
    She explains, reaching down to ruffle his hat and hair. "Now be good and hold onto your sister and keep an eye on her. I don't want her to get lost in her excitement." She tells him before nodding to Cessie. "I think we're ready to head in then." She says with a smile.

Once they start walking though, Lily might catch Jezebel giving a subtle glance in her direction, though whether or not it is because she'd been caught is impossible to tell.

13. - Top - End - #283

Default [Giant Spruce]

"I was only answering your question; I do a lot of different things. I suppose the key among them all would be programming, which is a pretty silly place to find myself, now that I think about it."
    Alice acquires a candy cane from a nearby table and starts unwrapping it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Square]

"Not really, no. I've never... that is, no one has ever included me in such plans," Batu admits. "I'm... not much of a planner. Or a socialite. You clearly are, though. Popular at parties, I mean."
    "Popular's just a word." Says Kal. "Parties aren't about thinking about your own qualities. They're about shifting your boundaries and having fun."

Entrance

Jim tries his best to follow her eyes, looking over at the packed sleigh.
    "Sheesh. Talk about having money to burn." he says with a chuckle, knowing that no one would possibly catch the irony.
    "Hmm? Oh right, yes." Says Lily, clearly surprised by either Jim's continued presence, or by him noticing what she's doing. "Yes, there's certainly a lot of influence riding in there."

She doesn't notice Jezzy's glance, of course, being now otherwise occupied.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-12-29 at 05:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

[Square]

"Oh, yes, shifting boundaries." Batu tries to sound like he's totally comfortable with that. "I've been doing that a lot since coming here. Just... slowly."

16. - Top - End - #286

Entrance

Cessie watches Jezebel interact with Sergie rather paying attention to the crowd. At least she was taking the weapon from him, though she couldn't imagine why he had one in the first place. Jezebel hadn't been kidding when she said he would be unusual. Those marines had really done a number on him. "Yes, I believe we are. Just remember to keep within eyesight of me, Jezebel or the elemental." She requests, gesturing towards the magma elemental now following then. "You all want to meet Santa, don't you?"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Square]

"Oh, yes, shifting boundaries." Batu tries to sound like he's totally comfortable with that. "I've been doing that a lot since coming here. Just... slowly."
    [Square]

"Everyone has their own pace."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

[Square]

"Mine is just slower than others'," Batu says. "I could blame the Nexus, but I'm having an easier time here. Back home, there was the issue of, uh. A few of those, really. First when I turned out I don't... er." Is he really just going to blab that out? But he's supposed to be more open about stuff, isn't he? "I prefer male company. As it were. But that just got people to look at me weird. They kicked me out for studying sorcery. So here I am."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Halfling in the Playground

[Square - Kids]

"Hiiii," Tuskfang says to his friends as he climbs down from his father's arms. "This is my dad! Dad, this is Cern," he says, pointing to one of the boys, "And this is Geedon. This is their dad, mister Adir. And this is, um..." What's the baby's name? His friends have a lot of siblings. "That's Russell!"
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Square

The Wolfen chuckles as his child drags him along. "Of course I do." He says before leaning over to scoop Tuskfang and his new toy up in his arms and even propping the former onto his shoulder to give the young child a height advantage as they walk towards the other family. Adir and his children will see Pathfinder as a large wolf-bodied man with a thick mane of fur braided down his back. His light brown fur is dyed red in many places with chevrons on his shoulders and striping across his broad chest. He's dressed in a pair of leather pants, though his right paw is heavily wrapped in brown cloth. It doesn't appear to be a bandage, just a wrapping he wears to hide his hand.

Once they arrive, the Wolfen kneels to allow his son to clamber down on his own.

"Hey, nice job! Kid remembers the three of them better than I do,"
    Adir says with a grin, glancing up from Tuskfang to his father. The two diminutive lads stare up at Pathfinder with stunned, o-mouthed awe for a moment before breaking out in grins and (at least from Cern) a little wave. "Hi!"

Russell glowers at Pathfinder and the world, his gaze already rife with cynicism. Well, perhaps that's exaggerating a little. But he sure does look grumpy. He holds on to his father's shirt dispassionately with one chubby fist.

"Great to finally meet ya,"
    Adir says, offering a hand to the Wolfen. Gods, he didn't expect somebody so big to be paired with Reelshka. "Your boy here's been so nice to mine, keeping them company around GLoG."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

Fayyaad grins.

"Such is the burden of our station."

He glances over to where people appear to be dancing.

"Does your royal education include dancing? It's been entirely too long since I had the opportunity."
    [Throne Room]

"It does..." Leah states hesitatingly. "Though I must warn you now I'm nowhere near as good at it as my sisters." All the same, she daintily holds out a hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

[Dance Floor]

"Fear not. I've been taught to dance quite extensively," Fayyaad assures her as he takes her to the dancing area and leads her to whatever dance the others are performing right now. He does make good on his boasting, since he does know how to dance quite well.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Throne Room]

Cait follows the conversation trying to pick up some of this drow family's dynamics. "I would really appreciate it. Of course we don't have to do so now. I haven't encountered anything dangerous either, still sometimes I worry. I am sure you are busy with this whole event, which is great by the way."
    Sornnolu nods. "Yes, I am afraid I am quite busy for the season's festivities, but afterwards, if you wish to drop by my office, I would not object. I work in the administrative building across the square, most days. I'll tell them to expect you."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"I will do that then, and look forward to it. Thank you. And since you are apparently one of people who set this whole thing up can I ask, is there any one thing I really shouldn't miss out on here. There seems like there is so much." Free from her cold Cait is ready to start to try and enjoy some festive spirits.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #294

Default Re: [Giant Spruce]

"I was only answering your question; I do a lot of different things. I suppose the key among them all would be programming, which is a pretty silly place to find myself, now that I think about it."
    Alice acquires a candy cane from a nearby table and starts unwrapping it.
    [Giant Spruce]

Mia seems to got a mental fight as she watches Alice unwrapping the candy. She shakes her head a bit and concentrates an the other woman.
    "If you are programming, then for what?" she asks. " I mean you could programm a homepage or a devide or even a robot. I'm very intressed in either. It is facinating how different a code can be."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"The main attraction of the season is the Thanksmas Santa" Sornnolu says.

"And the view from the top of the tree is spectacular," Erelae adds.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dance Floor]

"Fear not. I've been taught to dance quite extensively," Fayyaad assures her as he takes her to the dancing area and leads her to whatever dance the others are performing right now. He does make good on his boasting, since he does know how to dance quite well.
    [Dance Floor]

Leah is... boderline acceptable at dancing. When she says she's not as good as her sisters, she's not setting the bar very high. All her movements are just too stiff and rigid and stubborn. There may be one or two toe stepping incidents. She seems to lack both the grace and flexibility that is normally attributed to catgirls, especially considering her upbringing. At least she does seem to enjoy the occasion, despite being a fair bit embarrassed about her performance by the end.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"Alright then. If you will excuse me I am feeling like going and experiencing some holiday cheer." She says to the pair of them, when asking for excuse she is doing so of Erelae. She pulls a business card and a pen from her cloak. She writes a phone number in addition to a email address printed on the card. Her title is Wandering Accountant Level 2. She holds it out to the drowess. "To get ahold of me when you need that favor."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

[Dance Floor]

Fayyaad does his best to smooth out any awkwardness. He is almost as good a dancer as his bragging would have you believe.

"I could be persuaded to help you improve your dancing skills, if you wish," he remarks. "It's a useful thing to know."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

"Well, you have a good one." says the faun with a wave, and goes back to where he was going originally.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Entrance

If Jezebel notices the woman watching the group and the little commotion she raises, she doesn't give any outward sign of it. The place was fairly crowded after all, so it was likely she was missed or that Jezzy considered a pair of families climbing out of a Moose-Drawn Sleigh to be pretty stare-worthy. Once her children are out of the sleigh, Jezebel holds out her hand towards Sergei. "Give." She tells him, getting a sigh in response as he turns over his dagger for her safekeeping. She raises her eyebrow when he starts to try and squirm away, but a small click of her tongue elicits another sigh. "Sorry." Her son says, reaching into his coat to offer a second one over.

"I trust you, Sergei. I just don't want you to get into trouble." She explains, reaching down to ruffle his hat and hair. "Now be good and hold onto your sister and keep an eye on her. I don't want her to get lost in her excitement." She tells him before nodding to Cessie. "I think we're ready to head in then." She says with a smile.

Once they start walking though, Lily might catch Jezebel giving a subtle glance in her direction, though whether or not it is because she'd been caught is impossible to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Entrance

Cessie watches Jezebel interact with Sergie rather paying attention to the crowd. At least she was taking the weapon from him, though she couldn't imagine why he had one in the first place. Jezebel hadn't been kidding when she said he would be unusual. Those marines had really done a number on him. "Yes, I believe we are. Just remember to keep within eyesight of me, Jezebel or the elemental." She requests, gesturing towards the magma elemental now following then. "You all want to meet Santa, don't you?"
    Entrance

"Uh huh!" Cora agrees without much real understanding of who santa is. They'll all learn soon enough, though. She scurries over to Ariel, with her brother just on her tail. "Want ta play in the snow?" She grins toothily at the other girl. Despite Bastion being so quiet, he seems no less excited.

"What's Santa, mommy?" Jillian clings to the material of Cessie's clothes so she can lean back and look at her mommy properly.