New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Throne Room - Brinika]

Brinika's ears twitch, and the right one tilts downwards.

"You look pretty young to be a grandmother."
    Myobi grins broadly and laughs lightly

Why, thank you, Brinika: that is sweet of you to say. But alas: I am rather substantially older than my appearance might suggest and dear Caroline is only my granddaughter by shorthand as properly there needs to be sixteen repetitions of the word "great" in front of it in order to be accurate.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

[Throne Room - Fayyaad]

"My mistake, then," Fayyaad admits. "Not that there's anything wrong with long walks on the beach or riding horses. I do sometimes miss riding, I have to say."

[Throne Room - Brinika]

Brinika's ears dip downwards.

"That's a lot of greats. Does everyone in their family live so long?"

[Park]

The wolf's tail flicks. Her cubs are happy enough to play with the werewolf's son, so she can't object. Not that she can conceptualize feeling things like the two-legged people do. Her grandmother's master can hardly smell things.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

[Throne Room - Brinika]

Brinika's ears dip downwards.

"That's a lot of greats. Does everyone in their family live so long?"
    Myobi shakes her head, ears tucked in friendly fashion

No... Vulpans live for around six hundred fifty years give or take. But I was the first vixen created by Inari, five thousand seven hundred fifty five years ago, and when my life drew to it's close, Inari made me one of her Messengers.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-12-12 at 11:23 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Park

Mist waves his hand. "Gramma Sora's tough as nails. I'd never know if she was anything but fine. She's not exactly chatty. She seems to be happy, though." he says, pondering while he looks at the sky.
    Leah nods, and glances around the place.
    "That's good for her!"
    "Say, do you ice skate?"

The question implies that Leah herself would go ice skating, though it's hard to see when she might have learned. Or how she would put the skates on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Giant Spruce]

Mia wonders a bit about Alice words. Sure, humans aren't rare around here, but centaur like creatures, especially with something else then a horse lower body IS rare.

"Well, he is the god of all machines. All inventions we have is just a present from him to us." she starts. Then she focus on the stairs, changing her breath to take the effort easier.
    What Alice means is that it must be an interesting experience belonging to a common species, like humans, where people like you are everywhere.

She tenses up a little bit on hearing the answer. Although she did ask, it's such a strong response.
    "But he gives machines even to those who don't worship him?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

[Throne Room - Brinika]

Brinika's ears perk up.

"Is Inari a goddess? She sounds like one."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    [Throne Room]

"Some parts are much more fertile than others. As for the crystals, they are clearly magical, as they cause that whole island to shift and move. There might be other properties but that one makes its hard to explore the island safely, we do unfortunately have a monster problem. Its a limit on how much exploring of the islands we can do."

"The ones that were safely collected do show fine promise as magical focuses. There were some that were not safely collected through, and they had to be returned to Sares."

Gordon is still focusing on the room's decor, but he is paying attention to the conservation.
    [Throne Room]

"That's unfortunate you have such a problem with monsters. Perhaps we could send some warriors to assist in clearing out some areas?" Sornnolu offers.

"Is Sares the island where the crystals grow? I would be interested in studying a few samples, to look at their magical properties."

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Throne Room>>Sitting Room]

"Yes that sounds lovely actually. Please lead the way."

Cait will follow him doing her best to put on a air of authoritative calmness as she walks. That is probably ruined by the loud undignified sneeze she has halfway there followed by some light sniffling.
    [Sitting Room]

Erelae is still here, sipping coffee and nibbling on pastries. She looks up when the guard enters, followed by Cait.

"Who's this you've brought to me, Divoyn?" She asks the drow.

"Someone who needed warming up." The guard replies.

"Aw, poor dear. I'm Erelae Xar'Cha. Please, feel free to help yourself to anything."

[Park]

The werewolves have finished their snowball fight now and shift completely to human, brushing snow from their clothes. Laughing, they join together to buy some hot cider and donuts at the little stand in the park.

The Alpha wolf lays down in the snow, content that they were safe for now.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Erelae is still here, sipping coffee and nibbling on pastries. She looks up when the guard enters, followed by Cait.

"Who's this you've brought to me, Divoyn?" She asks the drow.

"Someone who needed warming up." The guard replies.

"Aw, poor dear. I'm Erelae Xar'Cha. Please, feel free to help yourself to anything."
    [Sitting Room]

"Thank you, thank you." She says first to the old woman, than to the guard. She moves over to get herself a cup of coffee. Than she goes and sits as close to the fire as she can. She holds the coffee in both hands taking only tiny sips. Cait unfastens something under her cloak letting it fall open. Under her cloak she seems to be wearing a pair of jeans and a dark green knit sweater. "I am Cait, Cait Holmes." She picks the name out of the air. A skill she is pretty good at, she has all but abandoned her real last name.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"The thought is welcome, however a fair number of the monsters just appear, their source is from another world, one which we can't reach so easily."
    "Yes, it is. As for samples, it would take some time to ship them here. I think that would be acceptable for the minister. More information about Sares would be useful."

Gordon turns back around to face Sornnolu, this conservation is gaining more of his attention.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Halfling in the Playground

[Square]

Tuskfang and co. may spot a trio of Fey folk wandering through the gently falling snow! Adir Frescot meanders amidst the light and glistening ornamentation, holding a small bundled babe and shepherding two of his other boys as they go.

Bundled in his arms is the flower-headed Russell, the silent little green child. He reaches out to catch the falling snow, seeming irritated when his tiny fists close around nothing. The two elder lads, Cernunnos and Gwydion, seem more enthused with their glittering surroundings.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

[Square]

Tuskfang was just getting familiar with his new metal-sniffing toy when he spotted his friends. He pulls on Pathfinder's paw excitedly.

"There's Cern an' Geedon! You gotta meet them, dad!"
    Last edited by Morty; 2016-12-13 at 04:30 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

Erelae is far from an old woman, though she is probably much older than Cait, given how long lived drow are. Her body is fit and toned beneath her white dress. Silver accents of snowflakes line the hems. She wears simple white slippers over her feet, and her white hair is done up in a braid. It all contrasted well with her dark, jet black skin and ruby red eyes which seemed to glow a little when she smiled at the pair who just entered.

"It's nice to meet you miss Holmes." Erelae says. "May I ask what brings you to Delmah Phor?"

[Throne Room]

"I would love to have the opportunity to study them." Sornnolu practically gushes at the opportunity. "If there's anything we could bring up from the Underdark for you, in exchange, please let me know."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

Cait on the other hand has pale skin contrasted by her dark hair and cloak, though her nose is red from repeatedly blowing it. "The giant tree. I saw it a ways off and thought I could use some holiday cheer." She certainly looks like she needs some kind of cheer. Despite putting on her best face she looks like she has been miserable for awhile now. Sick for several days and she hasn't had a happy holiday season in more than a dozen years.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #163

[Throne Room]

"Your offer is noted, and the only thing that comes to mind is a sample of adamantium. From what I hear, it is only found deep underground, but perhaps we could test the seasonal magic and ask for some."

"That would likely work, but a bit difficult to explain how they got here."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"Ah yes, the tree. That was my brother's idea." Erelae says, smirking. "Actually, this entire thing was his idea. Endear ourselves to the local people. Become a part of the community. Take a part in some new traditions. Some people think its crazy, but I like it."

[Throne Room]

"I can easily arrange for some adamantium to be delivered to you." Sornnolu offers.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #165

[Throne Room]

"Then once I return to the embassy, I'll send the request for the samples. It shouldn't be long before you have them."

"Well now that business is out of the way I'm going to help myself to some of the food. Its been a while since lunch."

Gordon heads for the tables while Archibald remains where he is standing.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"Makes sense to me. And I have to say the effort is rather spectacular. I am glad I decided to come by. And judging by the crowd in the market I am not the only one. Though I am not local so I don't know how much you get from impressing me."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room - Fayyaad]

"My mistake, then," Fayyaad admits. "Not that there's anything wrong with long walks on the beach or riding horses. I do sometimes miss riding, I have to say."
    [Throne Room]

"Are you an adventurer then, or do you have some other occupation?" Leah asks. There are surely plenty of occupations made more interesting with a flying carpet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Leah nods, and glances around the place.
    "That's good for her!"
    "Say, do you ice skate?"

The question implies that Leah herself would go ice skating, though it's hard to see when she might have learned. Or how she would put the skates on.

What Alice means is that it must be an interesting experience belonging to a common species, like humans, where people like you are everywhere.

She tenses up a little bit on hearing the answer. Although she did ask, it's such a strong response.
    "But he gives machines even to those who don't worship him?"
    [Giant Spruce]

Well, It seems like the player didn't get it and i just assume my character got confused enougth.
    "You have to know that 'worship Deus Mechanicus' doesn't mean you have to be a holy knight for him or something around the line. It is enougth for him to see how this person builds the machine.
    As a follower of his church and also having a very high position, I got some more presents from him that allow me to fullfill my duty."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

[Throne Room - Brinika]

Brinika's ears perk up.

"Is Inari a goddess? She sounds like one."
    Myobi nods

Inari is the goddess of rice and creator of foxes. She goes by many names to many people on many worlds, but they are all the same entity in the end. Clever, creative, and compassionate... sometimes with an odd sense of humor I will admit, and like all divine beings her priorities can sometimes be baffling to mortals.

And she is my mother in every sense but biology, up to and including having carried me in the womb of one of her avatars.

20. - Top - End - #170

Default [Giant Spruce]

Sorry for confusing you, Mia!

"Oh. So he's immanent in machinery." That is to say, kind of everywhere.
    That's much nicer and more believable to Alice.
    "What does he think of computers?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

[Throne Room - Fayyaad]

"I am an adventurer, yes. I felt like it was the best way to take advantage of my talents after I had to take a... forced vacation here," Fayyaad says. "I was trained in the arts of politics, governance, swordsmanship and pyromancy. Not much demand for the first two here."

[Throne Room - Brinika]

"I met a goddess once," Brinika says. "Her name was Mother Eve. And she was actually two ladies. She gave me and my friend Salix a gift."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"No? I heard something about an election going on recently. Haven't paid much attention to the details."

"What about metallurgy? A pyromancer can always find work melting metals."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #173

[Giant Spruce]

"A more suitable description would be that every machine is his child and so are computer, mobile phone and so on. In our world, most robots got build as a likeness of him."
    Mia reples.
    "If you have some time left, you could visit DMside. It's a part in Riverside with a temple of Deus mechanicus."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

[Throne Room - Brinika]

"I met a goddess once," Brinika says. "Her name was Mother Eve. And she was actually two ladies. She gave me and my friend Salix a gift."
    Myobi nods

Oh! How nice. What did she give you, if you don't mind my asking?

25. - Top - End - #175

Default [Giant Spruce]

"Uh-hum. It doesn't seem strange to you to think of something not alive as a child?" Alice asks, tilting her head in curiosity.

"I might visit, at that. It's a great distance from here, but you manage the trip, after all."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

[Throne Room - Brinika]

Brinika's ears twitch.

"A spark. A little bit of divinity. I just know I've been able to do magic since then."

[Throne Room]

"I'm not very interested in obtaining political positions here," Fayyaad says. "I've got a city to go back to where I'm a noble. As for smithing... I'm not sure if I can produce intense enough fire for long enough."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"I suppose that would be problematic." Leah hadn't considered the passionate intensity required, or the endurance needed. "So you're searching for a way back home then?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #178

Default Re: [Giant Spruce]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Uh-hum. It doesn't seem strange to you to think of something not alive as a child?" Alice asks, tilting her head in curiosity.

"I might visit, at that. It's a great distance from here, but you manage the trip, after all."
    [Giant Spruce]

If Alice watched closly, she might notice that Mia got a mad expression for a moment, but she seems to calm herself down fast.

"Just because they don't breath like you or run blood through their body doesn't mean they aren't alive."
    She replies in a teacher like voice.
    "It's not really that far. The nexus provides a whole lot of vehicle and other kind of transportation. It shouldn't be a problem at all."

29. - Top - End - #179

Default Re: [Giant Spruce]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Giant Spruce]

If Alice watched closly, she might notice that Mia got a mad expression for a moment, but she seems to calm herself down fast.

"Just because they don't breath like you or run blood through their body doesn't mean they aren't alive."
    She replies in a teacher like voice.
    "It's not really that far. The nexus provides a whole lot of vehicle and other kind of transportation. It shouldn't be a problem at all."
    "Oh. I can see how robots are just as alive as us, but something like a car or mobile phone?"
    Alice doesn't seem apologetic or mad herself, just curious.
    She looks out through the tree branches - of course, you can't see Riverside from here.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Throne Room]

"I suppose that would be problematic." Leah hadn't considered the passionate intensity required, or the endurance needed. "So you're searching for a way back home then?"
    Fayyaad shakes his head.

"No, it's easy to get back to my homeworld from here. But I can't go back. See, I got a bit too involved in the resistance movement against the empire oppressing my homeland. I had to disappear, for my own good and that of people close to me."