New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Throne Room - Brinika]

Brinika's ears twitch.

"A spark. A little bit of divinity. I just know I've been able to do magic since then."
    Myobi nods again and smiles

Well! That is a special gift: congratulations.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

[Santa's Throne]

Tuskfang gasps and squeaks. He's got no idea what it is, but it looks like a metal dog that will help him find treasure!

"Fanks, Santa!"

He makes sure to give Santa Krayger as big a hug as his tiny frame can manage, before scurrying off to show the present to his parents. He can't wait to show it to Cern and Gwydion, too.
    Santa's Throne

Krayger smiles and waves the lad off. Dipsnig has never mentioned these little part-time jobs to him. They do seem to belie his true profession, but he can't help but to take some joy out of doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Throne Room]

Arduliara seems surprised. "It takes more than that to be a princess, I think."

An armed drow dressed in black leather, House Xar'Cha's sigil on his shoulder, approaches Cait. "Are you alright, Miss?" He asks, gently.
    Palace- Throne Room

"Well, the spiders are a society but they're also very self-sufficient. They took me in because of my magical aptitude, so for now that's what they're training me in. I believe if the Queen thinks I have any aptitude for the uh, administrative side it would have come up though, knowing her she might want me to show some initiative..." she says, thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Leah nods, and glances around the place.
    "That's good for her!"
    "Say, do you ice skate?"

The question implies that Leah herself would go ice skating, though it's hard to see when she might have learned. Or how she would put the skates on.[/COLOR]
    Gardens

Mist raises an eyebrow.
    "Skating? I did as a kid. I don't think I could get skates on my paws. Wait, how would you get the skates on your paws?" he asks, wholly confused.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-12-15 at 04:18 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"Initiative is good." Arduliara says. "It shows you're willing to do work above and beyond what is expected of you."

[Sitting Room]

"Surely you live in the Nexus?" Erelae asks. "That's local enough for our purposes. Unless you're just passing through?"
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2016-12-15 at 07:14 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"Work brought me here not sure how long I will be staying. I have been here longer than I thought already. Not that I mind, I have enjoyed my time here. I could see myself spending the rest of my life here." Cait gives a wry little smile. A little dark humor matches how she feels. Another loud sneeze wipes the grin of her face. She covers her coffee with one hand not spilling any. "I mean there certainly is enough to do around here."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"It certainly is a varied place." Erelae agrees. "Full of possibilities and opportunities. It's one of the reasons we chose this place to settle."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

Cait pulls out a small handkerchief to wipe her nose. "So Erelae what do you do to fill your time?" Cait asks as she scoots even a bit closer to the fire still trying to warm up, still shivering from time to time.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"I'm the Matron's apprentice." The drowess answers. "She's taught me so much. Most of my day is taken up with studying or serving as her assistant, but when I'm not doing that, I enjoy dancing. Matron Danube thinks it's a bit of a pedestrian activity, but it keeps me fit, so she doesn't mind too much."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"Initiative is good." Arduliara says. "It shows you're willing to do work above and beyond what is expected of you."
    Throne Room

"Yeah. So! What's it like being a spider for you? Were you chosen by a goddess? I've only met one other like us, and she doesn't like talking about her past much. It's a touchy subject." Sarina asks inquisitively.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"I'm the Matron's apprentice." The drowess answers. "She's taught me so much. Most of my day is taken up with studying or serving as her assistant, but when I'm not doing that, I enjoy dancing. Matron Danube thinks it's a bit of a pedestrian activity, but it keeps me fit, so she doesn't mind too much."
    [Sitting Room]

Cait sits up a bit straighter as she realizes how important this drowess across from her must be. She tries to keep her voice casual but the tiniest amount of deference slips in. "You must be quiet graceful. I can't relate, I am a terribly clumsy dancer. I was admiring the dancers in the throne room when that guard spotted me. Gosh I must look like such a mess." She says half apologizing half scolding herself.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Central Square]
    Balcony near the Top of the Giant Spruce

"A goldsmith does sound profitable," she agrees.

Harley twists her body towards Cherie and away from the view, now. The way she sits on the rail is very much like riding a horse sidesaddle. She stares for a few seconds, as if she's judging the other woman's musculature or something like that.

"What's the largest monster you've taken down?" she asks. It's much more interesting than asking about the biggest thing she had to fetch. "The biggest one I've killed recently was a dragon, which was hanging out around the top of an old tower."

Of course, she had help from someone else. Plus, dragons aren't nearly as terrifying as something like a Nundu or Living Shroud or the Caoránach something like that. If she had run into one of those, that would be horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Central Square

Cherie's build is pretty well-hidden by those robe's she's wearing. Really, the only things obvious about her are her height (or lack thereof,) and the cat ears and tail. But, anyone who's survived the Nexus knows that appearance is the least telling aspect of a person.

While Harley stares, Cherie stares right back, a soft smile present on her face. Really, she hasn't stopped smiling since she introduced herself. "The largest one? Honestly, I can't recall. Definitely a Primal, but so many of those are so much larger than you. I've destroyed dragons, too, but not on my own." She had yet to meet any monsters in the Nexus, but she was sure that would change before long. "What sort of dragon would hang around a human structure like a tower?"

((Sorry for taking so long.))

[Central Square]

Harley does not know what a Primal is. Some kind of ape?

Anyway, Harley shrugs. "I don't know," she says, "Towers are pretty nice sometimes, though. If I were a dragon, I would roost on one."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Barbarian in the Playground

Central Square

In all fairness, there's probably at least one Primal that takes the form of an ape in Cherie's world.

"I suppose they're just not for me. I'm fond of high places, but man-made towers and such, they're too. . . artificial, I suppose." Cherie shrugs as well. "Ah, but I'm rambling a little." She takes a deep breath of the cool air.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Fayyaad shakes his head.

"No, it's easy to get back to my homeworld from here. But I can't go back. See, I got a bit too involved in the resistance movement against the empire oppressing my homeland. I had to disappear, for my own good and that of people close to me."
    [Throne Room]

"Ah. I'm sorry to hear that. I see why politics disagree with you." It'd probably make anyone reluctant to get involved. "How did you come to your position? Back home I mean. Election, appointment, birth, last man sitting after an intense battle of musical chairs?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #193

Default Re: [Giant Spruce]

"Oh. I can see how robots are just as alive as us, but something like a car or mobile phone?"
    Alice doesn't seem apologetic or mad herself, just curious.
    She looks out through the tree branches - of course, you can't see Riverside from here.
    [Giant Spruce]

"All machines have soul, even if there movements are limited."
    Mia replies. "I admit that people who haven't gone through that teaching might not understand it. I guess it's simular to druids that tell you every plant got a soul." Mia doesn't really sound confident about the plant soul thing. For her it's in the same way it is with cars for Alice.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

[Throne Room - Brinika]

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Myobi nods again and smiles

Well! That is a special gift: congratulations.
    "I've been able to do all sorts of stuff since then. Like shape rocks and make them move. Or stepping into a shadow and coming out elsewhere." Brinika's ears twitch. "You've been a goddess a while. What can you do?"

[Throne Room - Fayyaad]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [b]
    "Ah. I'm sorry to hear that. I see why politics disagree with you." It'd probably make anyone reluctant to get involved. "How did you come to your position? Back home I mean. Election, appointment, birth, last man sitting after an intense battle of musical chairs?"
    "I was born into the Zafar family, one of the oldest in Moran-Ir," Fayyaad explains. "And I'm a tiefling, which was seen as a good omen... to my people, that is. Not so much for our oppressors. Musical chairs, though. Not a method of leader selection I've ever heard of."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Throne Room

"Yeah. So! What's it like being a spider for you? Were you chosen by a goddess? I've only met one other like us, and she doesn't like talking about her past much. It's a touchy subject." Sarina asks inquisitively.
    [Throne Room]

"I was chosen by Lolth, the Spider Queen, to become a drider after years of exemplary service and dedication. My family was highly honored."

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Sitting Room]

Cait sits up a bit straighter as she realizes how important this drowess across from her must be. She tries to keep her voice casual but the tiniest amount of deference slips in. "You must be quiet graceful. I can't relate, I am a terribly clumsy dancer. I was admiring the dancers in the throne room when that guard spotted me. Gosh I must look like such a mess." She says half apologizing half scolding herself.
    [Sitting Room]

"Divoyn is good at spotting those in need." She says, nodding to the guard. He nods in return, before going back to staring at nothing in particular, as he stands by the door.

"You aren't so bad, dear." Erelae continues. "Perhaps not quite so polished for the ballroom, but plenty put together to enjoy a cup of something here. Besides, the fire will do you good."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"Your too kind." Cait is glad she has her new cloak. It cost her a good chunk of change, and it shows. Pure black on the outside richly dyed red on the inside. She enjoys the way she looks in it. At least when she isn't red nosed from sneezing.

"Speaking of a cup of something you wouldn't object if I added a little something extra to mine would you?" She pulls out a small metal flask from her pocket.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"Not at all." Erelae says with a smile. "Do whatever you please. It's your drink, afterall."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

Cait grins and pours a bit of the whiskey from the flask into the coffee. "Would you like some?" She offers the flask even though she doubts she will be taken up on the offer. "I had a friend that always recommended whiskey when you were sick. He swore by it. Of course he was six foot seven and nearly three hundred pounds."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"Oh, no thank you." Erelae replies holding up a hand. "I can see how some would think it's a cure, but I'll stick to more known healing methods."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

Cait nods understanding. "I have heard this place has magic that could deal with this. I never had any real dealings with magic like that. I had hoped that I would get better by myself. But I am thinking I should look into it." Actually she has avoided temples because they tend to pick up on the dark magic she uses and tend to not be very friendly after that.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"I could remove the disease easily enough." Erelae offers. She holds out a hand. "Just take my hand, dear, and we'll soon have it purged from you. Consider it a Thanksmas gift. Then you can enjoy the festivities properly."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"Really? Thank you that would be great." She reaches out to take the drowess's hand. Cait's hand is a little bit clamy, though she discretely wipes her palm on her pants leg before giving it over.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

[Throne Room - Brinika]

"I've been able to do all sorts of stuff since then. Like shape rocks and make them move. Or stepping into a shadow and coming out elsewhere." Brinika's ears twitch. "You've been a goddess a while. What can you do?"
    Myobi shakes her head

Oh, no: I'm not a goddess, just a Messenger. And really, that is my main duty - delivering instructions, advice, and so on. I can answer certain types of prayers on behalf of Inari using her power much like a cleric. But otherwise overall my abilities are those of a respectably high-level wizard, mostly because that is what I was in life.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Giant Spruce]

"All machines have soul, even if there movements are limited."
    Mia replies. "I admit that people who haven't gone through that teaching might not understand it. I guess it's simular to druids that tell you every plant got a soul." Mia doesn't really sound confident about the plant soul thing. For her it's in the same way it is with cars for Alice.
    "I guess it's just beyond me." Alice resolves to ask an angel about it; they would know. And maybe consult with a druid for good measure, if she can find one. "Thank you for trying to explain though." She stops and admires a clockwork ornament where miniature reindeer and sugarplum fairies dance around within the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Gardens

Mist raises an eyebrow.
    "Skating? I did as a kid. I don't think I could get skates on my paws. Wait, how would you get the skates on your paws?" he asks, wholly confused.
    Leah lifts a front paw and glances down at it.
    "Maybe it would be more difficult for us. Not my best idea." she admits. "Do you want to build something with the snow? It's not really like anything we've worked with."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

Erelae begins to speak the words of a spell in a harsh sounding language: abyssal. Cait will begin to feel warm at her core, and that heat will spread outwards, almost feverish. Soon, however, it will subside and Cait should feel much better. She may need to blow her nose to get the last of the guck out of her system, but she'll be free and clear from her cold.

Erelae pulls her hand back and smiles. "There, that should have done it."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

Cait lets out a sigh of relief as the spell runs its course. She beams at Erelae. "Oh thank you. That feels so much better. You have to let me do something to repay you. I feel so much better."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"Let's just say you owe me a small favor and leave it at that." Erelae decides. "For now, enjoy the festivities."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"I was chosen by Lolth, the Spider Queen, to become a drider after years of exemplary service and dedication. My family was highly honored."
    Throne Room

"Oh, so driders are honored people? Then why are you here all alone? I would think people would be trying to come by and ask you for favors." Sarina has already had plenty of people do that to her. Mostly people in textile businesses.

Leah lifts a front paw and glances down at it.
    "Maybe it would be more difficult for us. Not my best idea." she admits. "Do you want to build something with the snow? It's not really like anything we've worked with."
    Gardens

"I used to play in the snow a lot as a kid. What do you think we should make? Snow-cats?" he asks her with a smile.

29. - Top - End - #209

"I guess it's just beyond me." Alice resolves to ask an angel about it; they would know. And maybe consult with a druid for good measure, if she can find one. "Thank you for trying to explain though." She stops and admires a clockwork ornament where miniature reindeer and sugarplum fairies dance around within the glass.
    [Giant Spruce]

Mia just nods. It's hard to get things to people here thought. They used machines just like tools and never seem to care if there is a spirit or not.

"So, what's your profession?" Mia asks changing the subject as they slow down so alice can watch the clockwork.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"Let's just say you owe me a small favor and leave it at that." Erelae decides. "For now, enjoy the festivities."
    [Sitting Room]

"Well I can owe you for the healing but please let me enjoy the festivities bu giving you a little something anyways. After all if it wasn't for your family I would probably be sitting in a hotel room alone, sick or not. Plus I learned this spell in part because I thought it would be good to do at parties. You see my job I pretty boring, at least when I talk about it people's eyes tend to glaze over. And most of my magic I have picked up as a hobby is pretty unimpressive by nexus standards. But this one I rather like. So with your permission." Cait gets up and moves over to a table standing a bit like a nervous magician in front of a audience.

Cait's whole attitude at this point is put on like a very familiar mask. She has played the role of talented naive youth many times. Once for real and many more times to bait a trap. Plus the healing has put her in a good mood making it easy to act happy and eager to please the drowess. In this case the trap is to make sure she stays in Erelae's mind after today. Cait isn't sure what could come of that, but she figures it could be a useful connection in the future.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?