New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: 1001 Embarassing Ways to Die in D&D

Literally you could rename this thread Leroy Jenkins and everything would be the same

Spoiler: Number 1 way to die
    Show

another way is standing to close to the guy claustrophobic wizard (lets just say it didn't end well)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappeercraft
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Had a wizard. During character creation I gave him a single rank in autohypnosis because it seemed appropriate.
    Around level 3 I did something stupid. I tried to trick a goblin camp using song and illusions. It didn't go so well.
    Next thing I know, me and our cleric are running at full speed away from a hoard of stampeding goblins, at least 100 strong.
    I toss every spell and think of every skill I know to throw at them. It was all marginal because there were overwhelming numbers.
    Finally, I use autohypnosis to "calm my nerves." Rolled a critical miss, fell asleep, got trampled by the goblins.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

I was running a high level campaign and the party was fighting 2 Balors. The paladin had done massive damage to the first one, the other one was using implosion on random members, paladin rolled a nat 1 on fort and died. Paladin's cohort used revivify. Party finished off the second balor, which exploded, killing the first. Paladin can't save, and cohort is caught in both blasts and dies. His cohort was the only cleric. Not so much stupid as unfortunate lol.

In our first campaign together, BBEG shows up to taunt us early in the campaign, we weren't supposed to be able to get to him. DM didn't think about my warlock's at will dimension door. I took our fighter across the barrier to attack, and he got turned into putty by the BBEG , who had about 15 attacks.