Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1127
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball Super

"What? They were wide open!"

17 is new favorite.
    It was kinda hilarious how everyone else just stopped up to watch.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    It was kinda hilarious how everyone else just stopped up to watch.
    Well of course, that's just what you do.

Seriously 17...not cool bro.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

sorry I'm late, been busy playing Dragon Age: Origins so that I can replay the whole trilogy as one continuous story and Dark Souls 3:
    Spoiler: Episode 102
    Show

Ok lets see....

-Universe 2 has not lost a single warrior, 10/10
    -Universe 3 lost three, 7/10
    -Universe 4 lost, but has two hidden, 7/10
    -Universe 6 also hasn't lost a single fighter, seems to have two namekians and the pig guy. 10/10
    -Universe 7 lost Krillin of course 9/10
    -Universe 9 is erased 0/10
    -Universe 10.....ooooooooooh only four left.... 4/10
    -Universe 11....also only four left. 4/10

U11 is not looking good despite being set up to be the antagonist universe is U11 supposed to be the underdog hero that saves the day?

and U2 Senshi are ready to roll, ok elts see what magical girls are like in Dragon Ball! yes they're powering up!

wow 17, I hate you more and more each day. first you don't care if the universe is destroyed now, this? screw you!

AHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA.......Toppo suddenly coming in to back up Ribrianne's argument is hilarious, considering that the'yre technically trying to all kill each other in a battle for survival, ok this is just.....yep....this is good, this is where Dragon Ball should be going.....I just like how they just outright say its rude to blast someone in the middle of transforming. they just acknowledged it and outright "gone ok yes, that can happen, but we don't do that."

I like their transformations, they're similar yet different from normal magical girl transformations in all the right ways a parody should be. and Toppo is BLUSHING at this! Pride Troopers X U2 magical girls anyone?

Jiren continues to be Silent Placeholder of Potential Future Badass That Barely Does Anything.

Ribrianne actually takes out a U10 fighter. ok, U10: 3/10

ok, so 17 almost takes out a U2 fighter but then..........whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. what is this? what am I watching? is.....this is supposed to be just friendship?

and two U2 fighters are out of the tournament. oh well, 8/10

anyways. 17 has taken out two fighters. which probably means he is going to get taken out soon. he is too pragmatic, so of course that probably means people are going to make sure he is taken out to make sure U7 doesn't have too much of a chance. and if some ctheories are correct, 17 falls after Tien and Vegeta so......*shrug*

U10? Pffh.......HAHHAHAHAHA! whatever, Gohan. we all know U10 is not long for this tournament.

so lets see, things are going much differently than expected. most of the universes are still in play, and instead of dropping one by one, its seem that different members are being eliminated and shaking up up things in one direction or another, with it being more of a peicemeal thing.

but yeah as of the end of this episode:
    1st Place: U6 (10 fighters with no losses)
    2nd: U7 (9/10)
    3rd: U2 (8/10)
    4th: U4 (7/10 with two hidden)
    5th: U3 (7/10 with no hidden, the difference being that two fighters that don't know are there is much more advantageous)
    6th: U11 (4/10)
    7th: U10 (3/10)
    8th: U9 (Already Erased)

at this point, U6 should be either playing defensive to keep themselves in the game or maximizing the gap, U7 and U2 should be aiming at U6, U10 better hope it has something incredibly miraculous up its sleeve or its screwed, U11 has to play defensive and evasive until they can unleash Jiren to secure the win, U4 and U3 are tied and in the middle of the pack, and should be aiming at any universe higher than them.

because here is the thing about the Tournament of Power: the winner is decided by who has the most people left standing, and since anyone who isn't the winner is destroyed, that just means U7 is currently the first loser. taking out universes with less numbers than you is just not a good strategy unless your 1st place, because all those people have already lost in comparison to you. the best strategy is to therefore go after whoever has the most members and thin them, because that makes your chances for winning higher. So a more accurate placing system would be:

Alive: U6
    Going to Die: Everyone else
    Already dead: U9
    Mottos I live by:
    1. Orcs Should Be People. 2. Screw The Numbers, Have Fun. 3. Balance For The Balance God.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Firbolg in the Playground

The next episode is a Gohan/Piccolo teamup against the current frontrunners. U6 won't be in the lead for long unless Gohan or Piccolo lose in the process. Considering that Piccolo can stretch his arms out to grab the arena that means that it's all just down to Gohan this episode, and since he's been hyped up I think he's fine.

As a side note I friggin love how Tien continues to be legitimately impressed by Roshi showing the bare minimum of self control. His genuine slack jawed amazement is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

No its Gohan and Piccolo vs. U10, not U6. they're just facing U10 for no reason.
    Mottos I live by:
    1. Orcs Should Be People. 2. Screw The Numbers, Have Fun. 3. Balance For The Balance God.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Halfling in the Playground

So, I guess next Episode that Gohan is gonna have a hard Time with a much weaker Fighter from U10, because he is the last one(the other two can be defeated quickly in some other way), because he doesn't wants to land the hit, that erases an Universe. And Piccolo is telling him to ring him out anyway, because he has no other choice(For that, one of the remaining U10-Fighters would have to be stronger than Piccolo and weaker than Gohan).

Also, what was the Point of Zamasu being from U10? You'd think, if you make the arc, before the Universal Tournament Arc, an Arc with a Villain from a previously unknown Universe, you would do that, to give the Audience already a little insight into what that Universe can do during the Tournament Arc. But Zamasu is absolutely disconnected from everything in the U10-Team.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    No its Gohan and Piccolo vs. U10, not U6. they're just facing U10 for no reason.
    Probably cause, thanks to Kale, no one has a clue where anyone else is easily and none of them have much of an idea of what teams are in the lead since they don't get the cues we do when someone is rung out.

Just when an entire universe loses.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Present 2.0 View Post
    Also, what was the Point of Zamasu being from U10? You'd think, if you make the arc, before the Universal Tournament Arc, an Arc with a Villain from a previously unknown Universe, you would do that, to give the Audience already a little insight into what that Universe can do during the Tournament Arc. But Zamasu is absolutely disconnected from everything in the U10-Team.
    Disconnected? Or related in an antipathic sense rather than sympathetic?

remember, the person who made the team....is Ruumshi, the U10 god of Destruction. Ruumshi is according to his character bio, a lazy god of destruction. Someone that Zamasu would be working with. Ruumshi also used to be a mortal. so if Ruumshi is a lazy GoD who doesn't do his job to make sure evildoers are punished, and Zamasu only has Ruumshi as an example of how in-system justice works, combined with the fact that Gowasu has this "brains/brawn" dynamic with Ruumshi, and Zamasu clearly also being brains, even if you think he is stupid, Zamasu is still a thinker, someone who plans and thinks things out philosophically and logically, while Ruumshi literally just went "you think too much, send in a bunch of body builders, it'll be fine!"

so is it any wonder that Zamasu not only is different from the U10 team, but turned out the way he did? the only examples of mortals he ever had were Gods of Destruction like Ruumshi, and Goku. and a lazy dispenser of justice probably is something that Zamasu would incredibly frustrated by, because he'd be constantly going "GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND KILL BAD NINGEN ALREADY! AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" while Ruumshi would be "c'mon c'mon, it'll be fine, loosen up Zamasu, loosen up....stop thinking too much...."
    Mottos I live by:

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Barbarian in the Playground

I love 17 so much now. Have they been making him so robotic the whole time? I may have just not noticed it until now, but all his movements and gazes just seem stiff. Like he's an android or something. The only thing that would have been better is if he blasted the lovers away while they were hugging.
    Last edited by Tono; 2017-08-07 at 02:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

I would like to preemptively apologize if I say or do anything rude. I have Asperger's syndrome and therefore sometimes come of as being rude when I do not Intend to. I answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw, and in Homestuck I'd be the Page of Life

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: My OC, Bookmark
    Show
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Personally, I think Goku makes a good case for being some form of Chaotic Neutral that isn't lolrandom.

-disrupts the status quo wherever he goes, but doesn't specifically rage against it for good or for bad
    -does what he wants regardless of whatever anyone else thinks of him
    -while predictable and simple in his goals (eating and fighting) the lengths he goes to satisfy the latter is always surprising, from giving enemies senzu beans, to repeatedly sparing someone like Freeza when an actual good person would've just killed Freeza as soon as possible, to holding back when he shouldn't, and so on.
    -every time she shows up, its his actions that result in more destruction, chaos and fighting without any purpose behind other than fighting, but he never intends harm.
    -cares for his friends, but only his, as friends. doesn't seem to particularly care about the rest of the Universes for example.
    -his decisions bewilder even his friends, the most recent example is recruiting Freeza- EVERYONE said "WHAAAT!?" in an over the top manner all at once.
    -he is definitely a risk taker, and someone who stops to enjoy the flowers instead of worrying about long term consequences.

the key point is that Goku while seemingly predictable and simple, is capable of doing anything for his motivations and surprising everyone by doing so and causing mayhem in the process.
    Mottos I live by:

12. - Top - End - #1092

Also the Preview for Super 103 reminded me of this Comic with Gohan as Grace, Piccolo as Greg and Obni as the Fire Goo Griffin.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Bugbear in the Playground

On the other hand, Goku also hates it when innocents are hurt, always tries to move the fights away from bystanders, and even gave some of his own energy to Freeza (right after Freeza bisected himself) out of genuine pity.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    On the other hand, Goku also hates it when innocents are hurt, always tries to move the fights away from bystanders, and even gave some of his own energy to Freeza (right after Freeza bisected himself) out of genuine pity.
    He never even considers Rezzing his grandpa. Who he squashed. He has no problems throwing people into the meatgrinder to give them a chance to fight, even when he's able and they'd rather he take care of the problem du jour. Goku's not malicious, but he doesn't seem to consider the impact of his actions if he doesn't see the immediate consequences, and he's willing to save a monster like frieza and slaughter how many hundreds of red-ribbon army soldiers who stand literally no chance.

See Frieza getting under his skin by asking what it matters if the assassins are killed now or when they are erased from existence if Goku and Frieza win the tournament: Goku never considered the morality of a battle royale beyond the people he's dealing with personally.

Which probably puts him in Neutral territory for me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Goku didn't know he crushed his grandpa until he was dead for decades--by the time he knew about the Dragon Balls, it was already too late to wish him back.

also, the first time the Dragon Balls were used to resurrect someone, Upa's father, there was a doubt that it would work.
    I would like to preemptively apologize if I say or do anything rude. I have Asperger's syndrome and therefore sometimes come of as being rude when I do not Intend to. I answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw, and in Homestuck I'd be the Page of Life

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Technically speaking, there's nothing stopping Goku from just bringing back Gohan any time.

Though I have to assume given he's been dead for so many years he visited his old mentor at least once and saw he was perfectly happy.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, there is.

Once you've been dead for over a year, bringing you back brings you back in whatever state you were in moments before you died.

So unless Grandpa Gohan died the second Goku stepped on him bringing him back now would bring him back as a pancake that would live for a few seconds and then die again.

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #1098

That sounds like a sensu bean problem.

But in all likelihood Gohan probably was killed instantly. I can't imagine the ape Goku ignored him unless he was overwhelmingly killed.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Pixie in the Playground

The show was awful until the future Trunks arc.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Bugbear in the Playground

We should also remember that Goku personally spoke with grandpa Gohan all the way back in "Dragon Ball" and Gohan seemed to be pretty at peace with being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Goku's not malicious, but he doesn't seem to consider the impact of his actions if he doesn't see the immediate consequences, [...]
    Of course he doesn't. In many ways, he is truly innocent, like a child; only people should read "Peter Pan" and remember how children can be horrible human beings* exactly because of their innocence. :-)

* Or, as the novel puts it, "heartless".
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2017-08-11 at 08:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Barbarian in the Playground

To add to The Troubadour's comment;

Grandpa Gohan had multiple conversations with Goku in which he could have implied that he wanted to come back. Off the top of my head we got both when Gohan literally beat the tail off Goku, and when he saw Goku with Chichi after their engagement tournament. He was also (Strong/good/plot important) enough to keep his form in the afterlife, so he could have contacted Goku many ways. Gohan most likely did not want/did not think he could come back.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Spoiler
    Show
    So, Jimizu seems to be the Tuxedo Mask of Universe 2.

I didn't think, that Cus would be very sad about the Erasure of her Universe. So that disproves that all Angels want the erasure of their Universe.

Well, at least the GoDs of U12 and U5 show some sweat. I'd like to see more about U5s Reaction. By his Bio from the Website, he should be the one from the safe GoDs, who should disagree the most with this Tournament.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Episode 103
    Show

HA! I KNEW IT! Androids do like joking around!

Rozie, come now, Goku has fought Picclo, thats just a Hellzone grenade.

17 is actually a team player. ok, he is smart.

and the Yardrat actually is important for something! cool.

Gohan. Why. I'm sure Piccolo or Goku would've told you how this guy works. Why are you doing this. just. punching him. Why.

Aaaaaand first U6 casualty, Botamo again. Guess he really is U6's Majin Buu.

oh there is the U10 warriors.....ooooooooh yeah......you guys look generic. your not going to last long.

and yeah another U10 warrior just dropped. at this rate, U10 isn't far behind U9. the Yardrat is oddly......bishonen? enough to make U2 magical girls fangirl over him? oh well, whatever, that works.

oh two warriors left, and Gohan and Piccolo are facing them and oh......yeah........buh-bye U10. it was....an experience.

wha.....you guys are really confident. confidence before the fall, the surest sign of defeat in any anime.

wait, what the frell was that?

ok, Rubalt was nothing special. just like the rest of U10!

Zenos, your idiots if you think Gohan's going to lose. Obuni is just a guy with one good trick. and not even a Hit-level trick at that. as soon as Gohan figures it out, he wins.

though really, you can just probably defeat Obuni's technique with a spherical ki blast radiating out from yourself in 360 degrees. doesn't matter where he actually is, if he gets hit regardless.

and as Gohan wins and a locket falls and its revealed that Obuni had a wife and son as they are wiped out, and Gohan closes his eyes sadly. yeah. if there is any question that the destruction of the Universes is wrong now.....its gone along with U10, and even U10's Angel feels sad about the loss. Yeah. we're definitely heading towards some divine guy being evil.....

next episode: Goku and Hit Vs. Dyspo. Ok. apparently Dyspo is awesome enough for them to need to team up. and why is Goku in Red God form again?

Tournament Status:
    U6: 9/10
    U7: 9/10
    U2: 8/10
    U3: 7/10
    U4: 7/10
    U11: 4/10
    U10: Erased.
    U9: Erased.

Meaning, currently? U6 and U7 are tied for first, U2 is third, U3 and U4 are tied for 4th, U11 is last, and both U10 and U9 are erased. U11 has to start doing something drastic to even the score, U6 and U7 need to take out each other, while the other three need to do something about the top two in order to win. though next episode says U11 is going on the offensive so I'm guessing we might see some event shaking things up soon. but I doubt U4 or U3 is going to make it far. U3 is too generically robotic, and U4 looks exactly like the kind tournament goer who employs some nasty tricks that count as cheating and gets disqualified for it when found out and thus erased, because you need to demonstrate what happens to cheaters in Zeno's tournament.

its very likely that its going to come down to U6, U7, U11 and maybe U2 before the High Priest reveals he is evil somehow and half the angels rebel against the other half.
    Mottos I live by:

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Was very happy to see that the predictions that Android #17 would be getting knocked out by magical girl, keeps my hopes alive for him being a dark horse to be the last one standing :).

Over-all a very serious, down to earth episode for the most part, if U9 being erased didn't press home how awful this whole thing was, and how much it weighed on the contestants, then U10's erasure definitely did. The whole locket scene brought a tear to my eye, and then the look on the High Priests face honestly seemed like one of pure, malevolent joy, which again points towards him being the big bad for this whole arc, the manipulator behind the scenes of Zeno-sama. The question is, will Goku and company have to fight and somehow defeat him, or will Goku be able to point out what's going on to Zeno, and Zeno himself destroying the High Priest and then restoring the destroyed universes?
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good, Universe 10 is gone. Good riddance to the home of Super's least interesting villain.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    Good, Universe 10 is gone. Good riddance to the home of Super's least interesting villain.
    Filthy ningen, you just can't comprehend the true beauty that was presented to you.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2017-08-13 at 12:00 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Filthy ningen, you just can't comprehend the true beauty that was presented to you.
    That looks dangerously close to another N-word commonly found after "filthy". Maybe we shouldn't call people that, for a while.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

We can't use words that might possibly look like other words if you're not reading closely any more?

That's a bit much.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Dwarf in the Playground

yuk Re: Dragon Ball Super

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    That's a bit much.
    If you say so, ya filthy ningen.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    If you say so, ya filthy ningen.
    Talk like that is gonna end up getting your universe erased.