New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball Super

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the new opening, we see a short glimpse of Gohan's aura.

Was it white or blue?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only saw white, but don't quote me on that- those animation goes fast. I don't think there will be any bluper Gohan honestly. Toei would be hyping it up if they were. I think Gohan is just going to be Mystic again and it just so happens its going to be strong enough to stand on Vegeta and Goku's level. Super is doing a lot of work to break any conception that you have to be Super Saiyan Blue or suck:

-Beerus and Whis don't have any super forms and are still the strongest in Universe 7.
    -F-Trunks beat Zamasu with SS Rage -because that is what its called.
    -Hit has no super forms
    -whatever alien is fighting Goku in the opening credits doesn't seem to be Hit nor does he seem to be getting beaten when Goku goes SS Blue.
    - the fact that people like Tien, 17, 18, Roshi and Krillin are included in the Tournament roster at all.

I just don't see it. Gohan already has his ultimate power up. its just a matter of refitting it to the new power levels shown.

What I'm worried about is how serious Beerus was about killing Goku to prevent Zeno from starting this tournament. You know its bad when the God of Destruction is trying to PREVENT something from being destroyed. Its funny how often Goku's former villains tend to end up caring more about the lives of the people around them than Goku himself.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #242
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Indarra View Post
    Also, I flat-out do not believe that Goku is mentally capable of slacking off on his training to the point of being able to get hurt by a bullet. I... I don't know how that would even happen. That's weaker than he was before Z even started, right?
    Super is deliberately avoiding increased scaling for the most part.

Like in Z, in the Saiyen arc everyone did some massive training and we got a new x4 transformation. For Namek/Frieza we had a seven stage boss with a lot of very poorly written power boosts that for the most part barely did anything other than just push the scale of things. By the Android/Cell saga we got four new SSj forms and a five(?) stage end boss. The Buu saga introduced two new SSj forms (majinn/ssj3), fusion, another ridiculously handed out power increase ("mystic") to combat the villain with, just a lot of stages of ever increasing power. It was pretty silly.

But the new theme really isn't invent a new increased power level, increased it again, and again, and again, and again, per villain. Super even nerfs the film depictions, such as SSG lasting the entire fight against Beerus and Saiyen "Beyond God!" got flipped into Super Saiyen Blue: It's slightly more powerful than SSj3. In the third arc, as people were just trying to debate with me, Universe 6's opponents were mostly pretty weak but used various specialized skills to challenge the combatants. Moving into the fourth arc, Black/Zamasu were both weaker than Goku/Vegeta. Even after learning Rose, we constantly see Goku pushing Black back. They still give us a quick power increase in the form of the time chamber try to give us an increasing power villain. But they still subverted things by the the protagonists not actually gaining anything new. They fuse, it ends. Super Saiyen Rage happens, and the character leaves. Coming into the fifth major arc, the filler episodes are teasing the idea everyone got weaker and even characters that'd make no logical sense to even put in the realms of Goku and Vegeta such as Master Roshi and Krillian are getting to enter the tournament so obviously they are going to stick to mostly low-balling the new characters. Like we're teased over a female Broli, the real Broli ranks below Cell, Buu saga Piccolo could probably take him.

There will be a character or two, and certainly one of them will use the worf effect on Hit, meant to be more powerful than Goku. But that's not the kind of power increases Z issued out.
    Last edited by Mato; 2017-02-05 at 11:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Can we just stop assuming power levels/power scales still mean anything in this show? If anything, after Namek this all went to **** and thinking about it just gets me irritated...

Spoiler: rant
    Show

I mean, Kid Goku in the Red Ribbon arc was pretty much entirely immune to bullets. And that was a t a point where he was way weaker than Picollo sen. Then we still get a load of training and power ups, until we get into Z, and then still some more until we get to Namek where Freeza could (pretty) easily blow up a planet. And up to this point we still had some decent fights... Albeit Raditz outclassed everyone, then nappa until he met Goku and Vegeta again was way stronger than Goku on his own.
    Anyway, past Namek: Trunks EASILY destroys Freeza and cold but stands no chance against the Androids (same for anyone else). Then Picollo is around their level, but semi-perfect Cell (heck, even maxed out normal Cell) destroys them entirely, until he is outclassed by Vegeta and Trunks who again stand no chance against Perfect Cell. That's five power increases between Freeza and perfect Cell where nobody stood a chance. (Possibly another if we discuss max Cell and 16 apart from the others)
    Buu saga was a little bit more even, but there was still a strict power increase for the most part. And then Beerus shows up, entirely doestroys any kind of scale again, and we're supposed to accept Goku can be bruised by a bullet?! A BULLET?! I guess I should watch out I don't get squashed by a feather when I'm not looking...

As I said, I can usually just not think about it and accept it... but thinking about it makes it really hard to accept any of this.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    He got hit by bullets as a child with his guard down and they didn't hurt him.

Then again, that may have been anime only. I don't remember it happening in the manga.
    It did, but he did have his guard up. Then again, that was back when "ki" was only used for special attacks and characters didn't have energy auras. Seems like the characters' abilities changed on a conceptual level between Goku's fight with Piccolo and the Saiyans' arrival, which is reflected in the way the fighting is conducted, for instance.
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2017-02-06 at 10:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

The latest episodes are really ramping up the tension between Beerus and Goku, which is nice because Goku is DESPERATELY in need of someone to call him out. He does have to accept responsibility for putting 11 universes in danger.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm predicting now that Goku's gonna win and use the Super Dragon Balls to restore the other 11 universes and their denizens.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Banned

I'm predicting that we're ramping up for some sort of mortals vs gods arc. Zen-chan may be too immature to know what he's doing when he destroys all this stuff, but the high priest should know better and seems to encourage the destruction anyway.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm predicting now that Goku's gonna win and use the Super Dragon Balls to restore the other 11 universes and their denizens.
    Maybe...a set of Dragon Balls is only as powerful as its creator. Not only might the super dragon balls not be able to handle a wish of that immensity (or at least require 11 wishes) but it might refuse to grant the wish because Zeno is the one that did it.

...heck, whoever Goku uses as a translator might refuse to make that wish. Whis, and the other angels, don't seem to encourage Zeno's childish actions but they don't do anything to stop them either and accept them when they happen. Assuming your scenario happens I wouldn't be surprised if Whis refused to even pose that wish...which might lead into the 'the final villain of Super will have white hair' thing.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Maybe...a set of Dragon Balls is only as powerful as its creator. Not only might the super dragon balls not be able to handle a wish of that immensity (or at least require 11 wishes) but it might refuse to grant the wish because Zeno is the one that did it.

...heck, whoever Goku uses as a translator might refuse to make that wish. Whis, and the other angels, don't seem to encourage Zeno's childish actions but they don't do anything to stop them either and accept them when they happen. Assuming your scenario happens I wouldn't be surprised if Whis refused to even pose that wish...which might lead into the 'the final villain of Super will have white hair' thing.
    nope, the Super Dragon Balls can pretty much grant anything. The Namekian Dragon Balls were both bigger and more powerful than the Earth Dragon Balls. The super Dragon balls are planet-sized. Were comparing this to Dragon Balls that fit into the palm of your hand or basket ball sized.

Their creator is one of the top gods that are second only to Zeno himself, so.....yeah, functionally omnipotent. If Zeno can destroy 12 universes, its perfectly possible for the Super Dragon Balls to bring them back. If they are still there.

and no, Whis has shown at times to PREVENT the end of the world. He doesn't make a show of it, but it seems the Angels purpose are to moderate the Gods of Destruction as well as assist them, to keep them from going too out of control. Especially given that he is given a staff to rewind time if Beerus destroys something he is not supposed to.

It could be that restoring the universe like this, could be the Super Dragon Balls actual original purpose given the destructive nature of Zeno himself. He is innocent to the cruelty he inflicts upon people with his destruction, but no universe = boredom for him. So I'm thinking he ordered there to be way to restore things so that he may endlessly have fun with the universe as his plaything, endlessly destroying and restoring things in a vast cycle. It would explain the very childish password required for the Super Dragon Balls, since Zeno IS a child.

Of course, I also theorize that the Gods of Destruction are originally there to moderate ZENO's destruction. That originally, Zeno dealt with everything personally and therefore constantly destroyed universes in his displeasure while one of his attendants restored things to keep reality from being destroyed entirely. So the Gods of destruction were eventually formed so that the power could be delegated and things that displease Zeno would be destroyed on a smaller scale before he could ever see them and thus he would have more time for fun. Of course then things like the Guardians were formed so that these things would be dealt with on an even smaller scale so that the Gods of Destruction weren't required for everything.

Thus it explains the entire structure of divinity: the entire purpose of the gods is to limit and contain anything that might displease Zeno on multiple levels from Guardians at the most subtle and weak, to the Gods of Destruction. While the super Dragon Balls were kept around in case anything serious enough happened to merit their use.

Edit: I mean, there are still the Gods of Creation and its canon that there has to be a BALANCE of Destruction and Creation. Zeno destroying almost everything won't be a balance. Else, why bother creating this entire divine bureaucracy in the first place?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-02-12 at 04:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Banned

Well....planets are pretty big, but they're nothing compared to the universe. I'm quite sure that if we're basing power off of size then something the size of your hand is much closer in scale to a planet than something the size of a planet is to the scale of the entire universe...much less 12 of them.

That said, I'm sure they will be as powerful as the plot demands. From a plot standpoint I can't really see any reason for the lead fighter to get a wish if it's not going to be used to undo the damage anyway.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Edit: I mean, there are still the Gods of Creation and its canon that there has to be a BALANCE of Destruction and Creation. Zeno destroying almost everything won't be a balance. Else, why bother creating this entire divine bureaucracy in the first place?
    Akira "Robotoriyama" is the creator of everything.
    Zeno is the king of everything and through the character's portrayal's he is the antithesis of Akira.
    The Dragon God Zalama created Super Shenron, the Super Dragonballs, and the childish password to them (not zeno). He appears to be a neutral party.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    Akira "Robotoriyama" is the creator of everything.
    Zeno is the king of everything and through the character's portrayal's he is the antithesis of Akira.
    The Dragon God Zalama created Super Shenron, the Super Dragonballs, and the childish password to them (not zeno). He appears to be a neutral party.
    Oh right, Robotoriyama is the only character stronger than Zeno. If all else fails, Robotoriyama can literally redraw it all back into existence in a massive gag moment. Mostly because the editor would force him to! After all, they need to keep making money.

13. - Top - End - #253

What I took away from this episode is that Beerus and Supreme Kai are bros now.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Banned

I haven't seen it yet. I was thinking of letting a little buffer build before I start this arc. Would you say it's worth watching on its own, or should I wait?

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I haven't seen it yet. I was thinking of letting a little buffer build before I start this arc. Would you say it's worth watching on its own, or should I wait?
    This week's episode was amazing--Take the fast paced high powered fights from DBZ and the weird/unique powers and odd strategies of classic DB and you have the fight in ths week's episode in a nutshell.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Nah, the strategies and moves were pretty standard fare for "DBZ". That said, I agree that it was quite the fun episode. Plus, Satan and Buu are adorable!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Banned

You just had to ruin my plans didn't you?

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

This week's episode was amazing--Take the fast paced high powered fights from DBZ and the weird/unique powers and odd strategies of classic DB and you have the fight in ths week's episode in a nutshell.
    Spoiler
    Show

Lessee:
    wolfman who can kick ki blasts at people.

some weird pill-like substance that seems to act like a medicinal Kaio-Ken. (I generally assume same color = same type of energy)

the Z-Fighters unable to sense the wolfmens ki or power level, despite being organic beings who are affected by a medicinal substance.

the difference in rules from the Budokai

Yeah, we have a lot of stuff here. the ki-kicking is not really all that surprising to me, since it seems you can shoot ki blasts out of anywhere. No whats interesting is that they can't sense their energy. They don't seem to be Androids or gods, so its something completely new. Either the Wolfmen are somehow using a different type of energy that can still blast stuff, or they figured out a technique to hide it completely, or their species doesn't radiate ki at all? Do they need that medicinal herb to radiate it and power up in the first place? Or is it just something SKai 9 figured out as an alternative to Kaio-Ken? or does Universe 9 simply have different rules about ki?

So many questions!

Also note: Skai is best nickname for Supreme Kais, since it sounds like "Sky" and I'll probably need to talk about multiple ones at the same time.

19. - Top - End - #259

Spoiler
    Show
    Goku's dialog implies that each universe(or pair of universes,if the 6&7 twins things holds up for the other 10) has differant rules, so maybe 9(and it'stwin) don't have detectable energy?

Of course it could also just be a trait of Trio de Danger's species.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Anybody else have the sinking feeling that Gohan's going to get wolfed, er, uh, worfed, yet again?
    Click the spoiler tag for a link to my forums!
    Spoiler
    Show

Please visit my forums! We've got a great community and a lot of excellent free form RPing!

Thanks to DrKarling for the awesome avatar!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

some weird pill-like substance that seems to act like a medicinal Kaio-Ken.
    Spoiler: Episode 79
    Show
    It almost looked like a squished piece of fruit from the Tree of Life to me.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

So I know I'm considerably behind everyone else here on the thread(due to my limited internet, I just started watching DBS since it began airing on Adult Swim), but wanted to ask if anyone else noticed that when
    Spoiler: Tonights Eps of DBS On AS, ie: Vegeta n Beerus fight
    Show
    Vegeta went nuts against Beerus after Beerus backhanded Bulma, that his eyes momentarily went entirely Blank, ala Broly, ala Legendary Super Saiyan? I don't know if it was just a small oversight on the part of the graphic artist, or if it was intentional, but if it was intentional, that's pretty cool, and a major change from the movie, where Vegeta just powered up, but didn't particularly show any physical signs of having done so.

23. - Top - End - #263

Spoiler: DBS79
    Show
    Honestly, I'm just happy Buu got to do something. I.e. show why he was the terror of the bloody universe. This is I believe the first time he got to fight someone in this form and not get summarily wrecked á la Beerus. Basil with the buff seems about MSSJ2 Vegeta-level; he could presumably blow Buu to smithereens with some kind of a suicide attack but that would accomplish precious little. I'm actually quite happy they're taking this "Universe 7 characters are ridiculously strong"-angle seriously.

Of course, I'd love for Gohan to finally also get his time to shine but it seems unlikely they'll allow anything but 2-1 victory so Gohan has to lose since Goku is so much stronger than he is. And then he'll get some massive power buff (USSJ?), become the strongest in the show, do nothing and get forgotten again. Isn't it sad, Gohan?

Clearly U9 creatures use some other power source than ki since the U7 fighters can detect nothing at all, but it seems to work much the same. Probably something to do with trio de danger. It's worth remembering that not being able to detect their ki applies to 17 and 18 so they could of course be artificial.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2017-02-20 at 11:48 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Banned

This episode felt like it was directly out of an 80s anime series. I'm not sure if that's good or bad honestly, but if they were going for nostalgia they achieved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    So I know I'm considerably behind everyone else here on the thread(due to my limited internet, I just started watching DBS since it began airing on Adult Swim), but wanted to ask if anyone else noticed that when
    Spoiler: Tonights Eps of DBS On AS, ie: Vegeta n Beerus fight
    Show
    Vegeta went nuts against Beerus after Beerus backhanded Bulma, that his eyes momentarily went entirely Blank, ala Broly, ala Legendary Super Saiyan? I don't know if it was just a small oversight on the part of the graphic artist, or if it was intentional, but if it was intentional, that's pretty cool, and a major change from the movie, where Vegeta just powered up, but didn't particularly show any physical signs of having done so.
    It's definitely intentional. Without spoiling too much, you'll see some similar things in later episodes.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Episode 80
    Show

Yeah yeah, Gohan won despite everyone saying he was going to be worfed, and technically it was a tie but thats not the important thing.

The important thing is the announcement at the end, and the implications:
    -apparently Zeno is a Darwinist! Universes 12, 1, 5 and 8 are not going to compete because their average PL is too strong.
    -Which means Universes 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11 are ones being selected to be erased.
    -Meaning instead of 92% of existence to be erased, about 40% of existence is going to survive no matter what, 4 strong universes and the one of the eight that wins the Tournament of Power.
    -Zeno apparently thinks 12 universes is too many
    -Universe 7 and 9 are actually the lowest two universes in terms of average PL. Note that this doesn't say anything about the power of the fighters that will actually be in the tournament- some one could be stronger than anyone but still might come from a universe where no one else achieved that level of power, thus bringing the average down.
    -Beerus would get erased, but Whis would not. Which means Beerus has more motivation to be on Universe 7's side than Zenos Side- as well as ALL the Gods of Destruction. Even the four to be auto-spared have just been given something to think about what it would be like if they were in different shoes.
    - the fact that they have these statistics to begin with, and Supreme Kai and Beerus arguing over raising them....do they have some sort of duty to make mortals stronger? Is Beerus supposed to be destroying planets so as to eliminate weak beings that would bring down the averages?
    -Goku still doesn't care how screwed up this all is.
    -does Zeno have some sort of plan to make universes stronger through darwinian methods, or is he just doing this for the sake of it?
    -Suddenly Zamasu's crazy justice rampage makes a lot more sense- if Zamasu knew that the purpose of being a Kai was to guide mortals to become stronger just for Zeno's darwinian wishes and was constantly told his idea of justice of a fairer world wouldn't fly in the face of that, then him rebelling isn't all that implausible. Too bad his idea of rebellion was to kill all mortals so that Zeno couldn't measure the strength of the universes by how powerful the average mortal is. This is why he hated Goku- Goku represented Zeno's darwinian plans becoming successful.
    -we finally see some logic to the Zeno's madness beyond fun. and it isn't painting him positively.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I remember the comment threads on one online source of Episode 80 exploding with "It's not Goku's Fault; those universes would have been destroyed anyhow!"
    But the High Priest's exact words were more along the lines of "we wanted these universes gone but didn't find an excuse until Goku wanted this tournament."
    Whis then said "oh, we'd have been erased anyway." And HP said "yeah," but I feel like I'm context "yeah" should have been read as "eventually."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, its Goku's fault. He started the plot, he went there, he made his decision. Now he must deal with the consequences. No passing the buck, even if it does turn out that Zeno is full blown evil rather than just Chaotic Neutral. Goku has at least some culpability in this, and eight Universes worth of lives is still big enough to be a massive screw up on his part. Zeno shares in this, and probably all the Angels and Daishinkan, but Goku was the one who kicked all this off.

He saw Zeno blow up reality to take out Zamasu, Goku should've known better.

Lets just hope they don't let Zeno off without any comeuppance then wish back all the Universes and laugh as if nothing happened.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, its Goku's fault. He started the plot, he went there, he made his decision. Now he must deal with the consequences. No passing the buck, even if it does turn out that Zeno is full blown evil rather than just Chaotic Neutral. Goku has at least some culpability in this, and eight Universes worth of lives is still big enough to be a massive screw up on his part. Zeno shares in this, and probably all the Angels and Daishinkan, but Goku was the one who kicked all this off.

He saw Zeno blow up reality to take out Zamasu, Goku should've known better.

Lets just hope they don't let Zeno off without any comeuppance then wish back all the Universes and laugh as if nothing happened.
    Spoiler: Ep80
    Show
    It's Goku's fault but only to a degree now. Yeah, he's just as much to blame for bringing about the erasure of these universes faster...but from the sounds of it they would have been erased anyway. If anything, it was Goku that gave a way for one of the to-be-destroyed-universes to prevent their erasure from existence.

Also may be jumping the gun on Zeno...Is Beerus evil cause he's completing his purpose as a God of Destruction? If not, its too soon to judge Zeno cause...well...we don't know what his purpose in the universe is beyond being the King Above All.

It could well be that Zeno or the Grand Priest have some sort of important goal in mind that these erasures serve. Off the top of my head, and assuming DB universes work even slightly like ours (which is a lot!), it could very well be that Zeno is meant to slowly whittle down the universes until there's only a single one left and then that one is used as the fuel in a Big Bang type event to create a new set of universes to take the places of the old ones in a never-ending cycle. Its all well and good to say that Zeno is evil and a Darwinist, but this smells of some other purpose or scheme behind it all (probably of the Grand Priest's design)...mostly cause if Zeno really WAS evil or a Darwinist, there wouldn't be a prize for the winning universe as opposed to just their fighters. The winning fighter would be the only one to get a 'reward' and the universe would be destroyed anyway but instead the other universes have a shot at earning survival. That and the fact the implication of the Grand Priest's words that Zeno only JUST rated the universes implies that the AML is a thing...but not one that Zeno actually cared about until recently considering no god seemed to know what their universe's AML actually was.

If it was something they were MEANT to constantly be raising under pain of Zeno, you'd think that Beerus and Shin would have been informed they weren't meeting the demands required of them but they seemed oblivious to the fact their universe wasn't strong enough or was meant to be stronger. Heck, I'd warrant that this comes down to the far more childish 'there's too many universes so lets get rid of some. Yeah! Wait, Goku reminded us of that fun fighting tournament idea..lets keep the strong universes around cause then we can have LOTS of tournaments and they'll always be fun!'...that or the Grand Priest's doing and I'm betting on the latter honestly.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Spoiler: Ep80
    Show
    It's Goku's fault but only to a degree now. Yeah, he's just as much to blame for bringing about the erasure of these universes faster...but from the sounds of it they would have been erased anyway. If anything, it was Goku that gave a way for one of the to-be-destroyed-universes to prevent their erasure from existence.

Also may be jumping the gun on Zeno...Is Beerus evil cause he's completing his purpose as a God of Destruction? If not, its too soon to judge Zeno cause...well...we don't know what his purpose in the universe is beyond being the King Above All.

It could well be that Zeno or the Grand Priest have some sort of important goal in mind that these erasures serve. Off the top of my head, and assuming DB universes work even slightly like ours (which is a lot!), it could very well be that Zeno is meant to slowly whittle down the universes until there's only a single one left and then that one is used as the fuel in a Big Bang type event to create a new set of universes to take the places of the old ones in a never-ending cycle. Its all well and good to say that Zeno is evil and a Darwinist, but this smells of some other purpose or scheme behind it all (probably of the Grand Priest's design)...mostly cause if Zeno really WAS evil or a Darwinist, there wouldn't be a prize for the winning universe as opposed to just their fighters. The winning fighter would be the only one to get a 'reward' and the universe would be destroyed anyway but instead the other universes have a shot at earning survival. That and the fact the implication of the Grand Priest's words that Zeno only JUST rated the universes implies that the AML is a thing...but not one that Zeno actually cared about until recently considering no god seemed to know what their universe's AML actually was.

If it was something they were MEANT to constantly be raising under pain of Zeno, you'd think that Beerus and Shin would have been informed they weren't meeting the demands required of them but they seemed oblivious to the fact their universe wasn't strong enough or was meant to be stronger. Heck, I'd warrant that this comes down to the far more childish 'there's too many universes so lets get rid of some. Yeah! Wait, Goku reminded us of that fun fighting tournament idea..lets keep the strong universes around cause then we can have LOTS of tournaments and they'll always be fun!'...that or the Grand Priest's doing and I'm betting on the latter honestly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because the fact that Goku made it into a sick game that marginally makes the situation better makes it AAAAAAAALL ok.

Because abstract universal purposes make the arbitrary destruction of billions of innocent lives for petty to no reason, AAAAAAAAAALL ok.

Because being replaced by a completely different person to do this twisted stupidity all over again, makes being forced to fight or watch ten people you don't know fight just for a chance to keep on existing, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL ok.

Because there being a twisted evil plan behind this makes it AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL A-OK.

Because randomly deciding this without the input of countless people across multiple universes who probably don't even know that these beings even exist because of childish reasons makes it AAAALL ok!

Your overthinking this. This so black and white that one could put devil horns on both Zenos without a trace of irony.

30. - Top - End - #270

What I took away from this episode is that Supreme Kai and Beerus are no longer bros.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks