New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Eternal Winter IC 4

@The Party: Gan Ceann has suffered tremendous damage from those blasts, but once the light fades and the frost takes its place...

He's still standing!

There are heavy burn marks on his body and that of his horse, yes, but compared to Eneas, who lies several feet back amidst blooming flowers in the snow?

Who knows who got the worse end of the stick here.

"That was unexpected... your paladin actually managed to hurt me. But in his current state, he is worthless.

And if he was your best chance to escape me...""

Rosalind lifts the Brunhausser blade skyward and intones a few words in celestial as a a whirlwind of sacred fire envelops Gan Ceann.

"We don't plan on running away from you, Rider...""

The Knight of Sorrow & Blood thrashes around the flames as he wills for a blink of an eye, to avert Rosalind's Flamestrike.

"Hehehehee... is that so, mortal? You aren't getting that lucky this time. I can withstand that spell just fine.""

And it is true: Gan Ceann has managed to bring forth some sort of spell resistance upon his body, if only to resist Rosalind's spell.

Aenar smiles as he gets up from the ground and looks at the Dullahan.

"I had suspected you were able to use that, Gan Ceann. Saw you pull that trick back in the Fey Woods.""

Aenar's body begins to glow in holy radiance as he aims his holy symbol at the Dullahan.

"But you can't do it all the time, can you? Eneas must've hurt you badly. Here: have some more!""

It's another blast of heavenly sunlight that catches Gan Ceann. Not as powerful as the one Eneas used, but still mighty enough to sear the Rider's flesh as Silas and Xander watch the outcome from above and hover closer to the group and prepare what little spells they have left to help all of you should he decide something terrifying.

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Gan Ceann
    Raikou
    Johann
    Dante & Aurora
    Rosalind & Aenar
    Xander
    Giles
    Kalypsia & Cinderbolt
    Eneas
    Silas
    Alizarin

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Giles speaks over his shoulder at the casters behind him.
    “One of you “Goodly healers” better keep me alive.”

With that Giles quickly makes a gesture with his left hand toward the Evil Fey and a long horn is briefly seen sprouting from his forehead, then the War Troll begins a charge straight at Gan Ceann roaring as a lion he leaps into the air and grasping his longsword with both hands he brings it down in three quick slashes.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Swift - Cast Rhino's Charge - Double Damage on first charge attack.

Free Action - Use Wildshape for Lion's Pounce. Full Attack on charge.

FA - Charge Attack on Gan Ceann. Brilliant Blade still in effect, all attacks discount armor. Using one handed cold iron weapon with two hands.

jump Check (1d20+28)[43]

First roll with Rhino's Charge (1d20+23)[37] (2d6+16)[28] (2d6+16)[22]

second attack (1d20+18)[30] (2d6+16)[21]

(1d20+13)[25] (2d6+16)[26]

Last edited by Frendle; 2016-12-05 at 04:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good job, Inquisitor Levasseur. Now your problem has become mine. And because of your reluctance to leave upon fetching Sir Gaula, you have lost your apprentice to those woods..."
    "This problem didn't become yours, High Inquisitor Gastin. This was a huge problem threatening your land. If I left after rescuing Sir Gaula, my comrades would have one less member to help them, and then who knows. Losing that war is not an option. Fighting this dullahan, for all it's terror, is a priviledge compared to have this whole land frozen and void of life."

With Eveline still in his arms, he walks towards a place to lay her corpse for a while.

"What did you expect, picking up a fight of this magnitude? Alone? That there would not be Retribution? My church is well aware of such a concept. Perhaps Jasidans are not too keen on it... and its repercussions.

But what is done, is done. Now we have to deal with this issue here and now. Unfortunately, we cannot choose were to fight him. So, if you and your friends... and the troll, have any protections you might want to cast. Any information you'd like to share before this fey finds us, now would be the time."
    "Repercussions? Please tell me you are not afraid of those. That this is not the reason you are not there, in the woods, fighting to save the duchy.
    High Inquisitor, they are the ones stepping into your lands, threatening your people, and even kidnapping your children. They are the ones who should face repercussion. We should not worry ourselves what the unrighteous think of our actions, for they are the ones to pay for their mistakes, not the other way around."

With Eveline's corpse laid somewhere in the temple, and Aurora healing Johann, he goes back with the others, to embrace the nightmare inducing threat.

The wind blows with brutal intensity down the road as a distant neighing can be heard and Lord Cinderbolt jogs towards Kalypsia and his metal hand begins to crackle with black energy.

"Threat detected...""

Rosalind takes a stand and holds the Brunhausser blade with one hand and her holds the holy symbol with the other as she begins to emit a vibrant radiance.

"I feel it too...""

Aenar grips his mace and he too begins to concentrate as both Pelorites create a brilliant golden radiance around them and stand tall and proud.
    "No doubt, I can feel his presence."

Says Dante, while the Detect Evil warns about the rider's aura of evil.

Spoiler: in Celestial
    Show
    "Aurora, listen, now we won't run. We either kill this guy, or we die trying. But you, this is not your fight. If we all fall this day, you return to your plane immediately."

"Don't think of defeat in a time like this, Inquisitor. Let's just bring all our might to this vile rider so we will keep worrying ourselves with the Winter."

They see that Eneas inflicted some nasty damage to Gan Cean. And, indeed, the dullahan is somehow weak to light.

Show
    "Aurora, see this? I trust you know what to do."

"I am."

She aproaches the artist mage.

"Johann, among us, even those who fight at the front, you are the most fearless. I'll cast this spell on your robe and you try to stay moderately close to him."

Impossible not to notice Gan Cean's casting a powerful spell, something reserved to strong druids.

He has some respectable mastery over natural magic. This is bad. They can greatly enhance his already superior fighting capabilities.

And that's why Dante cast the last of his Spellthefts at the rider. This better work...

MAP

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Aurora casts Daylight on Johann's robe.

Dante activates Dispelling Cord and casts his last Spelltheft on Gan.
    Dispel Check (1d20+20)[21]

Movements, including Giles', are on the map.

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Dante
    HP: 112/112
    AC: 32/15/31
    Saves: 8/5/21
    Dispelling Cord: 1/5
    Eternal Wand of Invis: 0/2
    Eternal Wand of Alterself: 0/2
    Benign Transposition 3/4

Effect:
    Stoneskin 133/140
    Alterself +5 nat AC

Aurora
    HP: 104/126
    AC: 29/15/26
    Saves: 19/15/15

Effects:
    Magic Circle Against Evil
    Conviction

Spoiler: Spellslots
    Show
    Dante's Spells:
    Lvl 1:
    Omen of Peril °
    Sign °x
    Ressurgence x°°
    Ebon Eyes x
    *Identify °

Lvl 2:
    Divine Insight xx°
    Silence °
    Close Wounds °°°
    *Augury °

Lvl 3:
    Alter Fortune xxx
    Magic Vestment xx
    Spellcaster's Bane x
    *Divination x

Lvl 4:
    Deathward °
    Panacea x
    Divine Power x (DMM Persist)
    Freedom of Movement x
    Stoneskin x
    *Scry °

Lvl 5:
    Spelltheft xxx
    Righteous Wrath of the Faithful x
    *Commune °

Lvl 6:
    Superior Resistance x
    Heal xx
    Vigorous Circle x (DMM Persist)
    *Find the Path x

Lvl 7:
    SMA VII xx
    Ressurection x
    *G Scrying x

Aurora's Spells:
    1 Ressurgence °°°
    1 Command °°
    1 Cure Light Wounds °
    1* Obscuring Mist °

2 Consecrate °
    2 Silence °
    2 Close Wounds °
    2 Owl's Wisdom °
    2 Spiritual Weapon °
    2* Enthrall °

3 Magic Circle Against Chaos x
    3 Daylight x
    3 Cure Serious Wounds x
    3 Remove Curse °
    3* Gaseous Form °
    3 Mass Conviction x

4 Deathward °
    4 Freedom of Movement °
    4 Panacea x
    4 Neutralize Poison °
    4* Sending °

5 Revivify °
    5 Dispel Evil °
    5 Break Enchantment °
    5* Control Winds °

6 Heal °°
    6 Superior Resistance x
    6* Chain Lightning °

7 Fortunate Fate x
    7 Mass Cure Serious Wounds x
    7* Control Weather °
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

@Giles: Gan Ceann has suffered a combined attack at a massive scale...

And yet, he still stands!

Your wounds have healed, due to having taken the body of a troll, but the Dullahan's lashes still fester in your blood vessels, corrupting them with dark vile poison.

Still, you should be able to take him down this time. You have to.

Aenar and Rosalind look up at your imposing figure as you grip your blade with both hands and lower your head as a massive horn sprouts from your forehead.

"Of course we will!""

"Just don't get too hurt...""

And so, as the last wisps of fire are doused by the snow around Gan Ceann, the streets rumble and more than a few windows crack under the immense pressure of your entire body rushing the Rider.

The Knight of Sorrow & Blood's disembodied face smiles wickedly as you come at him.

"You still have not learned anything, have you?""

It's that wicked whip that strikes your tough troll body before you even get within range!

Spoiler: 1st Wrack of the Unseelie AoO
    Show

49 damage plus 1 Con damage

You may not be a fast learner, but you are a hard hitter!

Gan Ceann avoids one of your blades, but is quick to retaliate for each attack you dole out at him.

"How long can you keep doing this, mortal? Your body must be feeling numb by now...""

Spoiler: 2nd Wrack of the Unseelie AoO
    Show

50 damage plus 1 Con damage

"And still you have the bravery to face me...""

Spoiler: 3rd Wrack of the Unseelie AoO
    Show

50 damage plus 1 Con damage

"... or is it blind stupidity and a desire to walk down the Lonely Road along the dragon?""

Spoiler: 4th Wrack of the Unseelie AoO
    Show

48 damage plus 1 Con damage

@The Party: For all his strength and might, the troll falls face first on the snow as Gan Ceann lashes his whip on the snow and this one turns blood red.

"A dragon, a barbarian and a troll... this has been extremely easy. Now, all of your valiant guardians are dead at my feet.

Get ready for your final Journey!""

@Dante: Kalypsia looks at you and focuses on the snowy road.

"There will always be threats to the land, Inquisitor Levasseur. As a seasoned priest of the Stern lady, I would expect you to know this.

It is also our job as inquisitors and protectors of the land to keep these threats away from common knowledge.

That is why I chastise you and your friends, Dante: lack of subtlety. I cannot stop you from going to the woods and fighting somebody else's war, but I can demand that you do not bring these problems here.

Even if they were here before you arrived. Your presence and actions in that forest have us facing something a lot more severe now.

And about repercussions... I will be the judge of that once this problem is taken care of. That is a promise.""

And so, Gan Ceann shows up and everyone begins blasting him.

Even Eneas, using the sacred sword, Fenvarel, is able to really hurt this bastard with pure concentrated Sunlight.

The Dullahan dislikes it, that much is clear. The Lonely Road must be a dark place, bereft of all Light and Hope.

And like many shades that would choose such places to live in, his skin is highly susceptible to it.

And so, telling Aurora that you aren't running anymore, the Archon flies towards Johann and inscribes the mark of Celestia on his robes as the mage shines like high noon.

And then you watch Gan Ceann bring down the troll warrior brutally.

As if he wasn't difficult before. Now he's using the powers of a druid... but maybe you can do something about this.

You don't have that many spells left... but this will have to work.

As the troll drops on the ground at Gan Ceann's hooves, you call forth mighty divine magic in the form of a ghostly fey ninja that evades the Dullahan's sight as she moves incredibly fast amidst the snow and the Rider stays put and with a quick lash, sends his whip out towards the wintry air and slices the assassin in two.

"You failed, Dante...""

Johann smiles confident and winks as he twists his hand, doing a quick gesture and Gan Ceann is caught unawares as the real phantom ninja creeps behind him and digs a kukri into his flank, causing the horse to neigh and nearly drop his master as the phantom fey dashes through the snow at incredible speeds, stops in front of you and kneels on one knee as she raises her hands to offer you a green spark of raw power that takes the form of a tiger as you feel an incredible surge of strength take over your body.

Able reflexes. Toughened hide.

Inhuman strength!

With so much power, you could best Gan Ceann mano a mano!

Spoiler: Spelltheft- Buff Stolen
    Show

Bite of the Weretiger

The Knight of Sorrow & Blood watches his spell be stolen by you and your wispy accomplice and directs his gaze upon you.

"Last attempt at survival, cleric? How sad it is that you won't accept your fate in silence...""

Round 2

@The Party: Gan Ceann looks down at the troll and his pumpkin head smiles wickedly.

"And now... DIE!""

The rider comes at all of you like a bullet train! His speed has not been reduced in the slightest.

His wounds are not keeping him away from the fight!

And that whip of his swings above his head, ready to strike one of you down with lethal force!

Silas looks at Xander from their vantage point.

"Do it! Rosalind, Aenar! Go help him!""

The Ultimate Magus adjusts his glasses and puts his hand together in what seems like prayer as he begins forming the complex arcane gestures and Dante, Kalypsia and Cinderbolt are moved further back in a flash of white light.

Spoiler: Mage's Move
    Show
    Readied Dimension Step

Aenar and Rosalind stop right beside the Rider as a brutal explosion of snow and road erupts in front of him in a crescent shape.

That whip wasn't going to get just one of you:

It would've sliced all of you in one fell swoop!

Xander looks at Silas as his spell expires.

"It's all you now!""

Silas had been waiting for Xander to get them away.

Even with such a spell, neither Rosalind nor Aenar could do what he wanted them to do.

What they were born to do.

It's a quick complex sign as both Pelorites are moved closer to Giles with the same spell Xander used to move them.

@Giles: It's a warm glow that carries the scent of berries as you lazily open your eyes and see both clerics retrieving their hands from your wounds as they take a step back.

"Are you ok?""

"You did ask us to heal you. Better make it count.""

Spoiler: Empowered CCW x2
    Show
    75 HP healed

Team Cleric delivered... now you need to give this guy a piece of your mind.

Map

Show
    Gan Ceann
    Raikou
    Johann
    Dante & Aurora

Rosalind & Aenar
    Xander
    Giles
    Kalypsia & Cinderbolt

Eneas
    Silas
    Alizarin

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

hm. Now Gan Cean was a wee bit too far for Alizarin's liking. The snow and wind were confounding the pixie's view and his fingers. Still, at least he had a relatively clearish shot. The troll was prone on the ground still with two people kneeling beside him. Gan Cean stood tall and menacing, having just missed a devastating attack.

Well the true strike spell was going to wear off soon if not used. It was now or waste it.

Spoiler: rapid shot
    Show
    attack: (1d20+35)[51]
    damage: (1d6+2)[3] + (2d6)[8] holy + (1d6)[6] lightning + 2 sonic
    On hit: DC 21 fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round.

attack: (1d20+15)[27]
    damage: (1d6+2)[5] + (2d6)[5] holy + (1d6)[4] lightning + 2 sonic

attack: (1d20+10)[18]
    damage: (1d6+2)[6] + (2d6)[4] holy + (1d6)[6] lightning + 2 sonic

Cold iron arrows.

Alizarin remarked at the accuracy of his first shot, but the utter failures of the subsequent two. He pondered if it would even be a good idea to bother trying to shoot so many arrows. Getting a tad bit closer might also be a good idea. Especially if Gan Cean kept moving away himself.

Show
    Alizarin Rouge HP: 70/82

AC: 26/20 touch/17 ff (Gan Cean designated for dodge)
    Spell resistance 24
    fort: 17, reflex: 22 (evasion), will: 15

DR: 10/cold iron
    currently visible

Buffs:
    12-Greater Magic Weapon - 10 hours
    Flaming Sword (sub electric)

Other effects:
    Aura of resolve: Immune to compulsions. Allies get +4 morale bonus to their saves vs compulsions.
    Divine health: Immune to all diseases, mundane or magical.
    Trap sense: +1 to reflex and dodge ac vs traps.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2016-12-05 at 09:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, he couldn't stay hidden forever. Might as well join the fight.

Sticking to the shadows, Raikou flies as far as he can after the headless knight, and once close enough, he closes an eye to try to gauge the distance. He raises his finger and aims.

What comes next is a thin yellow ray that originates from his hand and strikes the evil fey straight in the chest (hopefully).

Hey Pumpkinman! I hope you didn't forget me did you?

Guess what? You may kill me as much as you want, but that's not gonna stop me from coming back to haunt your lonely pumpkin face!

Spoiler: Ray of Clumsiness
    Show
    move action to fly 60 ft

standard action to cast the spell

ranged touch attack (1d20+32)[52]
    penalty (1d6+5)[7] dex

MAP
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

@Alizarin: Your fingers.. you can't even feel them anymore as you perch on a far away rooftop and flutter your wings to break the thin casing of ice around them.

He's moved... and you may not get a good shot, but hell-

This a****** isn't going to leave any time soon and he sure likes to whip people around.

Time to pepper him with arrows.

Two of them miss their mark entirely, but one catches Gan Ceann right in the back as his steed neighs and shares the pain.

It's almost as if they are one and the same. Horse and Horseman. And for a moment there, you watch his body twitch as his hand begins to numb and release that unholy bone whip...

Only to secure it even tighter as his disembodied head looks in your direction, over a hundred feet away and smiles wickedly.

"The pixie is still here... I can sense you, Gatekeeper. No matter how many Realities you are away, the Lonely Road will catch up with you.""

@Raikou: Gan Ceann looks up at you as you reveal yourself to him and point your finger at the Dullahan.

"For such a small pest, you sure are resilient, halfling! How many times must I end your life before you understand that standing up against me is a terrible idea?""

You give him a piece of your mind as the orange ray strikes Gan Ceann directly in the chest and his steed's legs stiffen and the disembodied face frowns as his black aura increases in size, getting quite mad.

"It is time that you and those who fly know their rightful place... six feet under!""

@The Party: It's a veritable war zone in the streets as the buildings are blasted in all manner of lights as Kalyspia watches Raikou come out of nowhere and then turns to look at all of you gathered and raises her mace at the Dullahan, tracing the arrow sigil on her gauntlet as a pair of emerald blasts punch the fey in the chest.

Not impressive damage, but at least he's taking a beating.

"How many of you are there? Somebody's sniping this monster from the shadows...a Gatekeeper?

And why is there a halfling here as well? Anyways... Lord Cinderbolt. Go.""

The Kolyarut nods at the inquisitor and grips his blade, with a hilt fashioned in the shape of a gear as he speeds up towards Gan Ceann.

"Another fool comes to face his end...""

The whip comes down on the Kolyarut and does massive damage to half of his face... but not enough to cause him to flinch as he stops right in front of the Rider and looks at Giles.

"Awaiting pincer strike.""

Map

Show
    Gan Ceann
    Raikou
    Johann
    Dante & Aurora

Rosalind & Aenar
    Xander
    Giles
    Kalypsia & Cinderbolt
    Eneas
    Silas
    Alizarin

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Alizarin yells back at Gan, both hands around his mouth, "What's that?! I can't hear you over the sound of you getting your ass whooped!"

All of those newcomers must have thought it was a kid. But maybe not a demonic child.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Johann look at him, now shinning like a sun. Fabulous indeed. "I dont think shinning will make me immune to a whip though... And if you go all touching me it might make Dante jealous".

He move a few feet ahead and look at the troll on the ground. And look at Giles in the ground.
    "C'mon, buddy! You're a young man hard man. Shouting in the street gonna take on the world some day! You got blood on yo' face! You big disgrace! Somebody betta put that horseman back into his place!", he says as he make a new drawing in the battlefield, removing those who cant fight to somewhere safer while putting some others in greater danger.

Spoiler: Dimension Step
    Show
    Moving:
    Giles to standing and flanking position with Cinderbolt;
    Eneas to inside the temple;
    Himself back below Aurora;

MAP
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

@Alizarin: He's finally getting his comeuppance.

After chasing you for several days. Whipping you, blasting you...

Killing a few of your new found friends.

It sure is satisfying to see this arrogant bastard fall, just like the Brilliant Shadow before.

But like Barbegazi, he isn't going down easy. That jaebrin had borrowed powers which made him a threat... and several Unseelie Sapphires to boot.

This guy doesn't seem to carry one and he's still beating them down there.

And so, in true pixie carefree fashion, you shout to the hollering cold winds about his demise and that you can't really hear him.

Gan Ceann looks in your direction and his pumpkin head snarls as it raises his voice.

"I SAID: GET READY FOR THE... OWWW!""

@Johann: This bastard sure can take punishment.

Having said that, so can all of you.

Aurora raises an eyebrow and processes the thought as she looks at Dante and blushes, looking forward to the brutal fight against Gan Ceann.

Even with the power of the Sun shining across your robes, you know this monster will reach you with that whip.

Can't let that happen.

And so, you snap your fingers and cause several of your allies to be moved around.

Eneas, knocked out by the power of Arrallae's blade, is moved along with Fenvarel into Pelorite grounds, leaving behind a flower bed in the snow.

Giles is showered in white arcane light and appears right beside Gan Ceann and Kalyspia's metal man is quick to react, as he digs his blade into the horse's flank, carving a deep wound as the steed neighs and coughs some blood from his mouth.

The blade itself hasn't done much harm to the Dullahan, but it has seemingly weakened him.

This of course, is preceded by another brutal lashing from the Rider himself towards the Inevitable, lashing at his chest and causing more than a few bolts to fly on the snow as a his chest plate is mildly exposed and this one turns to look at Kalypsia.

"Lex Captivas in danger of exposure...""

Justcrown's Inquisitor beckons with her hand.

"You have done your job well, Lord Cinderbolt. Come back by my side.""

The rider has been hurt tremendously, but it will still take a few more well timed hits to bring him down.

And at this point, it falls down on the archon, the cleric and the troll.

Map

Show
    Gan Ceann
    Raikou
    Johann
    Dante & Aurora
    Rosalind & Aenar
    Xander
    Giles
    Kalypsia & Cinderbolt
    Eneas
    Silas
    Alizarin

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

That, power. That feline strenght. I feel like I could shred this dullahan in many tiny pieces...
    Bestial thoughs take place in Dante's mind as his features become more similar to a tiger.

But it's better to hold those thoughs. That whip of his didn't get any smaller. And so, Dante tries to put his recently acquired bestial urges to rest while he tries to think tactically.

"Aurora, the party is split, flanking Gan Cean, and so will we. With your flight, you can reach our allies on the other side in no time."

"I see. Be sure to keep our friends alive this time, can't believe your last slip got Baliarth killed. Glad I wasn't there to see it."

"You tell me... hope the noble dragon has some spare nobleness to forgive me.
    Oh, and when flying to them, mind his whip."

He moves closer to Johann.

"Another layer of protection can't hurt. Oh, and stop joking with Aurora, she doesn't think like us mortals and all you will manage to do is get her embarassed. In that regard, she is naive like a child." And with his mind.
    Can you teleport me next to Gan Cean, in flanking position?

Aurora flies. High, and cast a protective spell on herself while watch Giles from above.

He sure can take some punishment, but if he gets near death, I can heal him.

MAP

Show
    Dante 5step and casts Deathward on Johann

Aurora flies high and casts Deathward on herself (sorry Greg, no idea how Giles is hurt. But Aurora is there for Heal next time... or revivify.)

Show
    Dante
    HP: 112/112
    Benign Transposition 3/4

Effect:
    Stoneskin 133/140
    Alterself +5 nat AC
    Bite of the Weretiger

Aurora

Effects:
    Conviction

Show
    Dante's Spells:
    Lvl 1:
    Omen of Peril °
    Sign °x
    Ressurgence x°°
    Ebon Eyes x
    *Identify °

Lvl 2:
    Divine Insight xx°
    Silence °
    Close Wounds °°°
    *Augury °

Lvl 3:
    Alter Fortune xxx
    Magic Vestment xx
    Spellcaster's Bane x
    *Divination x

Lvl 4:
    Deathward x
    Panacea x
    Freedom of Movement x
    Stoneskin x
    *Scry °

Lvl 5:
    Spelltheft xxx
    *Commune °

Lvl 6:
    Superior Resistance x
    Heal xx
    *Find the Path x

Lvl 7:
    SMA VII xx
    Ressurection x
    *G Scrying x

Aurora's Spells:
    1 Ressurgence °°°
    1 Command °°
    1 Cure Light Wounds °
    1* Obscuring Mist °

2 Consecrate °
    2 Silence °
    2 Close Wounds °
    2 Owl's Wisdom °
    2 Spiritual Weapon °
    2* Enthrall °

3 Daylight x
    3 Cure Serious Wounds x
    3 Remove Curse °
    3* Gaseous Form °
    3 Mass Conviction x

4 Deathward x
    4 Freedom of Movement °
    4 Panacea x
    4 Neutralize Poison °
    4* Sending °

5 Revivify °
    5 Dispel Evil °
    5 Break Enchantment °
    5* Control Winds °

6 Heal °°
    6 Superior Resistance x
    6* Chain Lightning °

7 Fortunate Fate x
    7* Control Weather °
    Show

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Requiem Macabre Doc

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

@Dante: You place your clawed hand on Johann's shoulder and call for Wee Jas to grant your ally a strong measure of protection against whatever sinister necromantic power Gan Ceann might use.

@Aurora: You take to the skies, even higher than Xander and Silas and look at the battle below.

The Dullahan is effectively surrounded by the Inevitable and the Troll.

If they work together, they might just have a chance to bring this fey down, but just in case...

Celestia answers your call and you too are blessed with a shield in your soul against the vile magic of Death this Knight might bring upon you.

And now, you watch and wait.

This troll has been on his back more than actually fighting, but when he has, he's been able to give Gan Ceann pause.

You will make sure he suffers those wounds no more... just hold on a little bit longer, Giles!

Map

Show
    Gan Ceann
    Raikou
    Johann
    Dante & Aurora
    Rosalind & Aenar
    Xander
    Giles
    Kalypsia & Cinderbolt
    Eneas
    Silas
    Alizarin

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Giles is finally safely out of range of the Fey’s whip. So now he needs to look for some more healing. As he scans around for the clerics the world bends around him and before he can take a breath he is back standing right next to the Headless Horseman.

“Gah, you Arcane fools! You place me in jeopardy to assist this contraption with one or two attacks?” Giles glares at the wizards. Then he takes a close look at Gan and performs a wild backflip the likes very few have seen from a War Troll attempting to avoid a parting shot from that morbid whip. When he hits the ground he moves further away looking for a Cleric.

“Damndible Wizards, no concern for anything but their own hides. Mithronel was wrong about these!”

Show

Free Action - Cuss at the Mages

Move Action - Move at half speed using tumble to avoid an AOO from Gan. (1d20+17)[24]

Move action - move a further 20 feet back away from Gan.

Can't see the map, so just move me straight away from Gan a total of 45 feet.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

@Johann: Before you move Eneas back to safety inside the Pelorite outer courtyard, you take a good look at him.

"He's knocked out, but he isn't in a bleeding state. On the contrary.

Whatever the barbarian attempted to do with Fenvarel caused a tremendous surge of positive energy to swell through him. Not unlike that of someone being trapped in the Positive Energy Plane.

At this point, every single fiber in his body is attempting to hold back the surge of power blindly released by Arrallae's blade and hopefully, his body will be able to calm the surging energy within him.

However... if he were to be gifted by a single healing spell- even the slightest Cure or Vigor incantation...

Then Eneas would burst at the seams and explode in a brilliant radiance of positive energy, leaving nothing of him behind.

One would be quick to say that the opposite should stabilize him- negative energy. But at this point, that is mere speculation and a risky- VERY risky attempt.

When it comes to handling items crafted by the gods themselves, huge risk is usually involved...as is the case now.

How long will it take for Eneas to stabilize himself? It could be seconds, hours... weeks. That is impossible to tell at this point.

@Giles: You curse at the mages and, against all odds, perform a backflip like a seasoned acrobat and move as far away from Gan Ceann and his lethal whip, mentioning a certain mage in the process, which arouses the attention of several involved in the fight.

Silas: "Mithmironel? As in...""

Xander: "Archaidous Mithmironel, the elven Conjurer. How do you know him?""

Rosalind: "He's here? By the gods! We are saved! But where is he? Why hasn't he joined the fight?"

Kalypsia: "The elven mage... he certainly would be an asset now.""

Round 3

@The Party: Gan Ceann watches Giles back flip away from him and the Knight of Sorrow & Blood takes up into the air, avoiding Cinderbolt's blade.

"I grow tired of your petty antics, mortals! You were given the choice to accept your death in silence. Now watch as the very ground you walk on turns against you!

By the divine order of the Herald of Ice & Snow: Come forth, servants of Winter!""

Gan Ceann's pumpkin head blows a gout of frozen breath on the ground and the street begins to rumble as a pair of ice and snow geysers erupt from the frozen streets, revealing two imposing creatures:

This bastard used yet another druidic spell... and a powerful one too.

Spoiler: Gan Ceann's Spell
    Show
    Animate Snow

The Dullahan flies off towards one of the nearby buildings as the hulking snow beasts tower even above Giles, at twenty feet.

"Destroy them all! I have somebody I wish to deal with personally...""

@Johann, Dante, Cinderbolt & Kalypsia: One of the beasts lowers his body, just like Giles did before and tromps through the streets of Justcrown, causing the buildings around it to shake and crack a little as he bowls over all of you!

Spoiler: Trample
    Show
    19 damage plus 3 cold damage. The animated snow provokes AoO, and you can attack it, but in so doing, you forsake a Reflex DC 19 for half damage.

@The Party: One of the snow behemoths looks down at Aenar, who did not have time to put on his armor and brings down to mighty fists upon the pelorite, nearly dropping him.

Aenar coughs some slushy blood as his body becomes showered in snow and looks up at the beast.

"That's the best you got?""

@Raikou: Gan Ceann's steed neighs as he lands on the rooftop, right next to you, as his eyes and those of his steed lock on with yours and the air gets just a little bit colder.

"Alone on a rooftop, Raikou. With all your friends below...

Killing you will be a personal satisfaction of mine.""

Map

Show
    Gan Ceann & Animated Snow x2
    Raikou
    Johann
    Dante & Aurora
    Rosalind & Aenar
    Xander
    Giles
    Kalypsia & Cinderbolt

Eneas
    Silas
    Alizarin

Last edited by AlanBruce; 2016-12-06 at 04:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Raikou immediately regrets coming out of hiding as soon as the large scary knight lands on the rooftop in front of him. He cranes his neck to look Gan Ceann straight in the eye and gulps nervously. This was not really an optimal situation to be in....

Why hello there PumpkinHead...

You know what you need? A face-full of thunder.

Forcing a nervous laugh, the halfling acts quickly and launches a small blast of thunder at the Dullahan's face.

Spoiler: Lesser Orb of Electricity
    Show
    defensively cast DC 16, autopass

Standard action to cast.

ranged touch attack (1d20+12)[19]
    damage (5d8)[22] electricity and 1 sonic damage

fortitude DC 19 vs stun for 1 round

And you know, I'd love to stick around and chat but... actually I don't.

See ya!

With that, Raikou takes a quick step back and flies down into the narrow alley where the large knight hopefully could not reach him. But not before activating his bracers and showing Gan Ceann an extremely rude hand gesture.

Spoiler: the swift
    Show
    activating bracers of elusive action in response to any AoO he might make

MAP

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Johann manage to evade most of the snow behemot's trample.
    "And here I thought I would enjoy making a snowmen when this was almost over...", he touch Dante in the shoulder and without saying anything cast a powerful spell on him, as the inquisitor become cloaked with a radiant fire, "I trust you can destroy this one here".

Spoiler: Silent Fires of Purity
    Show
    Using a spellglyph to raise the caster level by 1 (making it 15th).

With a successful melee attack, the subject deals an extra 1 point of fire damage per caster level (maximum +15). If the defender has spell resistance, it applies to this effect. Creatures that make successful melee attacks against the subject are susceptible to the same damage unless they attack with weapons that have reach, such as longspears. The subject of fires of purity takes only half damage from fire-based attacks. If such an attack allows a Reflex save for half damage, the subject takes no damage on a successful save.

He look at the war troll and pause for a moment.
    "I'm sorry, I guess. I thought you were in for a fight", he speaks right to his head.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

The snow creature comes, and yet, instead of protecting himself, Dante tries to assess just how hard to hurt are those creatures.

Not hard at all

Perhaps it was from the recent assassin instinct acquired, courtesy of Gan Cean's spell. But the inquisitor choose the risky move. After hitting him even with a clumsy swing of the Guillotine, he feels more certain that puttig more power behind the blows might be a viable strategy.
    Nevertheless, there is the problem with the allies who are either badly hurt or in the process of getting so.

"Aurora, the troll has been enduring a lot of punishment for a while. He is a superb fighter, try to bring him back into shape."

"Raikou is in danger."

Can't deny that. But as soon as Raikou evades Gan Cean, Aurora decide to help the weird creature on the ground.
    Diving from the skyes, she reaches the troll and infuses him with celestial healing.

The mage touches his shoulder and infuses with Fire of Purity.

Clever mage, this could melt this big guy in seconds.

He can't lie to himself, he is being aching to test his feline strenght after stealing Gan Cean's spell.
    The guillotine dances, flames following closely. The inquisitor with feline features holding it so tightly he could almost break his sword's grip.

He looks at Johann and telephatically sends
    He decided to put some distraction while he murder us one by one. Hope the rest of us can take the dullahan while I hold his minions

MAP

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Aurora flies to Giles and casts Heal on him, healing 140 HP and all his Con damage.

Dante FA the Ice Creature (he can only atk twice without his trusty buffs).
    Atks with PA of 5
    atk 1 (1d20+12)[26] dmg (2d8+25)[29] +15 fire
    atk 2 (1d20+7)[22] dmg (2d8+25)[31] +15 fire

Show
    Dante
    HP: 100/112
    Benign Transposition 3/4

Effect:
    Stoneskin 123/140
    Alterself +5 nat AC
    Bite of the Weretiger

Aurora

Effects:
    Conviction

Show
    Dante's Spells:
    Lvl 1:
    Omen of Peril °
    Sign °x
    Ressurgence x°°
    Ebon Eyes x
    *Identify °

Lvl 2:
    Divine Insight xx°
    Silence °
    Close Wounds °°°
    *Augury °

Lvl 3:
    Alter Fortune xxx
    Magic Vestment xx
    Spellcaster's Bane x
    *Divination x

Lvl 4:
    Deathward x
    Panacea x
    Freedom of Movement x
    Stoneskin x
    *Scry °

Lvl 5:
    Spelltheft xxx
    *Commune °

Lvl 6:
    Superior Resistance x
    Heal xx
    *Find the Path x

Lvl 7:
    SMA VII xx
    Ressurection x
    *G Scrying x

Aurora's Spells:
    1 Ressurgence °°°
    1 Command °°
    1 Cure Light Wounds °
    1* Obscuring Mist °

2 Consecrate °
    2 Silence °
    2 Close Wounds °
    2 Owl's Wisdom °
    2 Spiritual Weapon °
    2* Enthrall °

3 Daylight x
    3 Cure Serious Wounds x
    3 Remove Curse °
    3* Gaseous Form °
    3 Mass Conviction x

4 Deathward x
    4 Freedom of Movement °
    4 Panacea x
    4 Neutralize Poison °
    4* Sending °

5 Revivify °
    5 Dispel Evil °
    5 Break Enchantment °
    5* Control Winds °

6 Heal °x
    6 Superior Resistance x
    6* Chain Lightning °

7 Fortunate Fate x
    7* Control Weather °
    Last edited by Dudu; 2016-12-06 at 06:10 PM.
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

@Giles: Aenar looks at you and then at his own wounds as the mighty snow beast towers above him, his frozen fists red with his own blood.

"This is the best I can do now, troll warrior...""

The Pelorite focuses and holds his medallion as this one shines with golden light and you, Rosalind and him are healed for a small amount.

Spoiler: Empowered Mass CLW
    Show
    28 HP healed

Rosalind sidesteps and raises the Brunhausser Blade against the giant as her whole body glows with Celestial Light.

"If you aren't going to fight, troll, the others might need your help. We'll keep this one busy!""

It's two beautiful slashes from Justcrown's Ruby Knight that nearly cause the beast to collapse as piles of snow break off its legs.

And hurt as it is, the behemoth still stands!

Lord Cinderbolt looks up at Silas and points at his chest, badly damaged.

"Repairs...""

Justcrown's mage looks around at the battle field as Xander unleashes another mighty magic missile at the snow beast engaged with Rosalind and Aenar, causing its back to explode in purple snow... but not dropping him.

"We got this! Go fix him up! Can't let this escalate and get even worse than it already is.""

Silas draws out a metal wand and flies down to Lord Cinderbolt as he flies down to the Inevitable and taps the Kolyarut's chest as his gears are fixed and the plating rebuilds itself, almost as if he were brand new out of the factory.

Spoiler: Silas' Wand
    Show
    Repair Critical Damage

Lord Cinderbolt turns around and charges the snow beast that ran him through and evades the massive fist as he digs his blade into the behemoth...

And still he isn't going down!

Kalypsia brings her mace on the beast's legs, but her strength isn't as mighty right now, as just a few chunks of snow drop on the ground.

"How did these things become so strong? They're just snow!"

@Johann: You withstand the worse from this rampaging snow brute and are reminded of happy snowmen, with carrots for a nose, coal for eyes.

You may not have coal and carrots nearby, but you have fire.

And who better to wield it now than Dante, who looks as feral as the beasts you have fought in the Fey Woods, dousing him in sacred flame, enough to bring these piles of snow down on the ground and turn them to slush!

@Raikou: Gan Ceann laughs as your orb flies around him and dissolves in the cold wind.

"That's the best you got, halfling? Pitiful!""

There is no way you are fighting this bastard one on one. His whip is devastating and he sure likes to use it.

The alley down below the buildings is narrow enough to grant you a measure of safety, though.

And giving him the proverbial finger, you grin and swoop down below.

"You're last mistake, Raikou!!!!""

The whip comes at you, of course, but at the very last second, a shimmering white arcane sphere causes the whip to bounce off your body as you turn around and give him two fingers as you disappear into the alley.

"Damn these small folk and their alleys...""

@Dante: No wonder Gan Ceann brought down the troll so easily.

With this much power, you could bring him and the entire Court of Sorrows on your own. This is intoxicating!

And now you have the power of Sacred Flame at your proverbial fingertips!

Time to test these new spells.

The snow behemoth has taken several hits from everyone, but it is The Ruby Guillotine, wreathed in arcane fire, that causes the mountain of snow to melt into grey slush.

Aurora on the other hand, flies low and places her hand on the troll's bald tough head, cleansing him of any maladies Gan Ceann may have brought with his vicious whip.

Things are starting to get better now.

One snow beast remains... but he is just a distraction.

The real threat is Gan Ceann, but how to get up to him?

Map

Show
    Gan Ceann & Animated Snow
    Raikou
    Johann
    Dante & Aurora
    Rosalind & Aenar
    Xander
    Giles
    Kalypsia & Cinderbolt
    Eneas
    Silas
    Alizarin

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Alizarin can't help but giggle as Gan Cean actually turned around to repeat what he said, only to get slashed by the pixie's allies. Good stuff! As utterly dangerous and serious as the whole encounter was, this was comical.

Still grinning, he took up the wand from the roof, now freezing cold and cursed, shaking off the extra snow before it became ice-cold liquid to chill his fingers more, and he tried activating it once more...

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    I'm just picking up the wand and activating it..

Or trying to anyway: (1d20+15)[34]

The wand behaves and grants the pixie aid in the form of another magic arrow. This was going to be good. Another arrow with Gan Cean's name on it!

Show

Spell resistance 24

currently visible

Buffs:
    True strike

Other effects:
    Aura of resolve: Immune to compulsions. Allies get +4 morale bonus to their saves vs compulsions.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2016-12-06 at 07:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

The hulking war troll flicks his wrists and in an instant, the sword in his hand vanishes. It then tears into the giant snow creature thing with claws and a maw full of nasty sharp teeth like... a troll attacking a pile of snow for some strange reason.

Spoiler: attacks
    Show
    claw1: (1d20+19)[21]
    damage: (1d8+13)[21]

claw2: (1d20+19)[22]
    damage: (1d8+13)[17]

bite: (1d20+19)[32]
    damage: (1d6+8)[13]

With a mouth full of snow, it turns to the mages and says, “Mno! Miffmiranul ivnt her! Dof it rook rike 'ees 'ere?”

It spits out the snow and continues rather rudely, “We have enough wizards and warlocks running amok to form a coven as it is!”

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

@Giles: These mages and their petty tricks...

None of them can compare to the might of a true beast like you!

And these happy little snowmen are no different!

Rosalind watches you rip the beast apart in chunks of snow as this one dribbles down your tusks and you spit the last remnant of the construct on the ground, covering Aenar in a healthy dose of slobber and snow.

"You're welcome, troll...""

The Ruby Knight looks up at you as the last snow beast is taken down and is reduced into a pile of slush.

"Wait... what? He isn't here? Then where is he?""

Kalyspia listens to you and turns her gaze from the smoking pile of snow, courtesy of Dante to you.

"A what did you say? A coven? I will have you know, beast: there are no witches or warlocks here. And I would be careful how you refer to those who protect this duchy...

I can see that behind that brute hides a much smaller one.""

Xander raises his hands and attempts to maintain the peace.

"High Inquisitor and... troll? Yes, I suppose, since we don't have your name yet. We are acquainted with Archaidous. He is a good friend of us here in Justcrown.

I have seen him walk beside all manner of wondrous beings. But a troll, well... that would be a first. Once we deal with this menace, perhaps you'd like to tell us how and why you are here?"

Now, let us finish Gan Ceann- he is up on that roof.""

Round 4

@The Party: The Knight of Sorrow & Blood looks down at all of you from his rooftop.

"Finish me? You certainly have gall, mortal. Gall and confidence...

But that isn't enough to be victorious in battle. You need strength as well as cunning. Two skills I have in spades...

This isn't over!""

And having said that, Gan Ceann shoots upwards towards the dark wintry sky and disappears completely.

Silas and Xander both look up, but the sky is covered in ever falling snow and strong winds, making vision rather difficult.

"You think he left?""

"It is possible... he did get quite a punishment from all of us. He can't be suicidal, can he?""

Aenar uses another powerful spell on himself to heal his wounds as Rosalind helps him up on his feet.

"That coward likes to flee when things go bad for him. He did it when we fought him in the Fey Woods and later outside Moruga... although I was the one fleeing that time.""

Kalypsia walks back towards the portcullis and looks at Cinderbolt, very much repaired.

"He was right about one thing: this isn't over.... SOMEONE OPEN THE PORTCULLIS!""

And as the chains begins to open the door to the fortress, the zenythri inquisitor looks at all of you.

"Except for Father Aenar and Sister Rosalind, I will need all of you to come inside and brief me on what the hell is going on.""

@Alizarin: You ready your arrow, marked with Xander's mighty magic and watch Gan Ceann rise several hundred feet above the sky as his body suffers a drastic change.

The ice and frost gather around him and envelop him completely, out of sight of the rest, but not yours, being at a better vantage point.

At a guess, he's over two hundred feet above the building he stood on, but why is he covered?

Looks like it pulsates with cold energy, unseen and unheard by the others below.

Map

Show
    Gan Ceann
    Raikou
    Johann
    Dante & Aurora
    Rosalind & Aenar
    Xander
    Giles

Kalypsia & Cinderbolt
    Eneas
    Silas
    Alizarin
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2016-12-07 at 02:33 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

At first, Alizarin thought Gan Cean was making an escape. But he kept watch on the rider and found that he floated high above in the skies.. seemingly gathering power! He looked down below at the distant streets to find that everyone seemed to have relaxed, and some began walking indoors.

Uh oh, this wasn't good. He had to warn the others that something nasty was coming!

Flying at top speeds above the roofs, Alizarin called out as he got near, "Waaait!! He's still here! He's doing.. something! I think you had better take cover!"

On second thought, maybe 'Wait!' wasn't a good thing to say. Maybe 'look out'? Well, too late now.

Map

Show

Spell resistance 24

currently visible

Buffs:
    True strike

Other effects:
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2016-12-07 at 02:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

@Alizarin: This isn't good!

Gan Ceann never planned to leave the battle, that much is clear.

And now he seems to be amassing some sort of power, encased in that pulsating ice orb several hundred feet in the air.

What exactly is his plan?

If you were a mage, you could identify what this is, but as it stands, your hunch tells you that it's probably something bad.

@The Party: The portcullis begins to open as Kalyspia and the others turn around to see you on the Pelorite temple's roof, quite visible as the inquisitor locks eyes with you.

"Another local from the woods? What is your name? You also know these people?""

Xander casts a spell on him to be almost untouchable by this fey.

Spoiler: The Magus' last line of Defense
    Show

Greater Mage Armor

"Alizarin... are you sure about this? Where exactly is he?""

Silas looks up at his colleague and then at you.

"Be as specific as you can, pixie: what exactly is that Dullahan doing?""

Silas places his hand on his chest and covers himself in a novice arcane spell that shimmers around his body before disappearing completely.

Spoiler: Silas' Desperate Defense
    Show
    Mage Armor

Rosalind looks up at the dark wintry skies and shuts her eyes as a golden radiance shines around her body and her muscles increase in size, but not enough to break her armor.

Spoiler: Rosalind's Offensive Stance
    Show
    Divine Power

Kalypsia looks at the portcullis and raises her voice to the guards inside the temple of the Cudgel:

"CLOSE THE GATES! STAY INSIDE!""

She then looks at you and utters a prayer to St. Cuthbert as her strength becomes not unlike that of a titan.

Spoiler: The Power of the Law!
    Show
    Divine Power

"We hit that guy with everything we had... and he's still coming back for more? Damn those woods.

Everyone! prepare as much as you can! Given that monster's strength, he could tear down innocent homes. And I do not want him coming here and venting his anger on the innocent.

Lord Cinderbolt... stay by my side. Silas! You're on repair duty!"

But where is this guy and what exactly is he doing? And how can he be a threat... more than he already is.

Map

Show
    Gan Ceann
    Raikou
    Johann
    Dante & Aurora

Rosalind & Aenar
    Xander
    Giles
    Kalypsia & Cinderbolt
    Eneas
    Silas
    Alizarin

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

The pixie points up frantically. "He's up there! ..gathering a ton of ice around himself!"

He whirls around to try and look at Gan Cean again. He really hoped he didn't come all the way here just to eat a nasty magic spell... along with everyone else who didn't heed his warning and didn't take cover...

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

@Alizarin: Xander adjusts his glasses and looks at you as the others cast a variety of spells.

"By your description, it doesn't sound like an offensive spell...

He's using the frost to cast Hibernal Healing, a spell best used in Frostfell places like Justcrown.""

Kalypisa looks up at the sky as Cinderbolt focuses his clockwork eyes on you and stays positively rigid as his gears wind and whirr beneath his golden breast plate.

"I am aware of that spell, but the power to call its effects into being requires the caster to be perfectly still and you say that he took off into the sky..

He would not be able to cast the spell otherwise. Not without any items of power on him.

And he certainly did not seem to use any when he fought us... so either he was saving it for that moment or he's using something else.""

Aenar looks up at you and then at the rest.

"If we allow him to heal, none of our attacks will have meant anything! How are we going to stop him when we can't even see him?""

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

This feels warm. A soothing sensation, like the baths of the coast of the inner sea. Once in Gryrax Eneas spent a fortune in a bath house, trying out all the specialities.

This was just like that.

His senses numbled, he is barely aware of the world around him. Voices, those of is allies, come like from the other side of a thick wall. His eyelids remain closed.

And on those eyelids he sees red light, as when you stare at the sun. The warmth of Aralle's power, a brilliant sun in the midst of the dread winter.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

"Hibernal Healing?", Johann think for a moment, "If that's the spell he's casting, he will recover from our previous attacks. We can't let that happen".

Johann grips his runestaff and telepathically send to the many priests gathered together.
    "Whatever you do, dont use any positive energy spell on Eneas: he is infused with so many positive energy from Fenvarel that he may end exploding like a star if submitted to more such energy. Maybe some negative energy might recover him from this stupor, but we better not risk it right now. If anyone can take him inside a temple and keep him and Fenvarel safe, it would be good".

He look ups and at everyone gathered.
    "I can teleport with someone up to disrupt that spell, but it's quite a fall, so if anyone is willing or have ways to avoid the fall, with me".

He then slaps his forehead. he was dry on dimension doors.
    Instead he use his pearl and recover his Fly spell.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2016-12-07 at 04:26 PM. Reason: No Dimensoion Door left

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"By Alizarin's description, I guess this is one of those so called frostfell magic those wicked unseelie are so fond of use. The Hibernal Healing is a spell I used myself, twice, and can confirm that what Kalypsia says is true. If it's indeed Hibernal Healing, that will be a bummer, but all we will have to do is hit him again, and harder.

But I fear it's something more nasty. With his mastery over natural spells, guessing is a near impossible task. Even the possibility of being a frostfell spell is just a guess.
    I'd say we find a roof over our heads meanwhile and brace for whatever he has in mind."

Show
    Inquisitor, Eneas is holding Fenvarel. That sword you claim to be a key to your war. Let's make sure we are close to him.

Good thinking, no risks to be taken. And remember, no positive energy to be placed on Eneas body.

Dante runs towards Eneas who is, himself, under a roof.
    Aurora flies next to Eneas too.

MAP

Show
    Dante, double move inside the building.
    Aurora, flies and enters TD

Show
    Dante
    HP: 100/112
    AC: 37/15/36
    Benign Transposition 3/4

Effect:
    Stoneskin 123/140
    Alterself +5 nat AC
    Bite of the Weretiger

Aurora
    AC: 33/19/30 (+4 on AC due to TD)

Effects:
    Conviction

Show
    Dante's Spells:
    Lvl 1:
    Omen of Peril °
    Sign °x
    Ressurgence x°°
    Ebon Eyes x
    *Identify °

Lvl 2:
    Divine Insight xx°
    Silence °
    Close Wounds °°°
    *Augury °

Lvl 3:
    Alter Fortune xxx
    Magic Vestment xx
    Spellcaster's Bane x
    *Divination x

Lvl 4:
    Deathward x
    Panacea x
    Freedom of Movement x
    Stoneskin x
    *Scry °

Lvl 5:
    Spelltheft xxx
    *Commune °

Lvl 6:
    Superior Resistance x
    Heal xx
    *Find the Path x

Lvl 7:
    SMA VII xx
    Ressurection x
    *G Scrying x

Aurora's Spells:
    1 Ressurgence °°°
    1 Command °°
    1 Cure Light Wounds °
    1* Obscuring Mist °

2 Consecrate °
    2 Silence °
    2 Close Wounds °
    2 Owl's Wisdom °
    2 Spiritual Weapon °
    2* Enthrall °

3 Daylight x
    3 Cure Serious Wounds x
    3 Remove Curse °
    3* Gaseous Form °
    3 Mass Conviction x

4 Deathward x
    4 Freedom of Movement °
    4 Panacea x
    4 Neutralize Poison °
    4* Sending °

5 Revivify °
    5 Dispel Evil °
    5 Break Enchantment °
    5* Control Winds °

6 Heal °x
    6 Superior Resistance x
    6* Chain Lightning °

7 Fortunate Fate x
    7* Control Weather °
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

29. - Top - End - #119

Warned of the seemingly impending danger, Raikou looks around for some kind of shelter or cover from whatever might happen. What Gan Ceann had planned next was certainly not going to be pleasant.

First he looks up at the houses on both sides of this narrow alley for any sign of an open window or an easily accessible entrance.

Barring that, he prepares to ready one of his own powerful protective spells to shield himself.

Show
    If there are any open windows or doors, he'll take cover inside the buildings.

Otherwise, he'll fly over to Rosalind and ready a resilient sphere centered on himself.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

In an awe-inspiring (or perhaps terrifying) feat of magic, Giles the Troll becomes Giles the Minotaur! Heeding the warnings of the pixie and the cautions of some mages, and with no way to strike at Gan anyway, the giant half-bovine beast chuffed rudely at the mages one last time before seemingly melting into the earth, now completely unseen and unsensed by everyone...

Spoiler
    Show
    So he turns into a minotaur and uses his earth glide position to get on the position underground.

Map
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2016-12-08 at 12:33 AM.