New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 91

1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 91

[Genevieve's Cabin]

Behind Arlem hovers an odd creature, composed of a short, stocky body with no limbs save for four tentacles and a head with no expression, but three eyes. It says nothing for now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

Tuskfang greets his friends enthusiastically, and loudly, before leading them off into the snow to build an igloo.

Reelshka lets her son run off, laughing, before turning to Sakura. The dryad will no doubt notice that the goblin is pregnant again, though the bulge isn't very visible yet.

"Hello, Sakura. The boys should be occupied for a while, so we can talk about your idea."
    [Sapling Cabin]

"Okay, do you remember wh-" Sakura pauses mid sentence and blinks a few times. "Oh my goodness, congratulations! I never knew you were planning on having another baby." She beams. Reelshka may not be advertising it, and most people probably wouldn't notice, but Sakura has a sense for these things.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Reelshka blinks in surprise, her ears perking up, before putting her hand on her stomach and smiling.

"I didn't really expect anyone to notice just yet. But yes, we're having another one. Tuskfang keeps us busy enough by himself, but... we both still wanted it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Sakura laughs. "Oh, I know that feeling, believe me." Sakura's own advanced pregnancy plus all the kids make that clear without her saying, of course. "I'm so happy for you two. I hope Tuskfang won't mind sharing his parents."

"Why I'm here is actually kinda related." Sakura adds. She's got to be careful not to totally lose her train of thought! "I was just thinking about how we were talking about me helping here a while ago, before all the business with us moving homes." Sakura breezes right past that part. "And I was thinking about how this is such a great environment for kids. My idea was that maybe we could do a bit more with this area. Like, make it a space that parents can bring their kids to play and meet other kids. And then I was thinking about how Glog does all this charity work, right? Maybe we could set up some kinda daycare for people who can't afford it. Though it could also be normal daycare too with, like, priority for kids in need?" Sakura stops suddenly, realizing she started rambling. "What do you think?"

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"I'm sure Tuskfang will be thrilled. He's been hanging around his goblin relatives, who have a lot of siblings... and so do your kids. So he'd love some siblings himself." Then she considers the actual matter at hand. "And I suppose it would be in line with what we're already doing. Children are always hit the hardest when something bad happens, or parents are in trouble. We'd need some more facilities, though. Right now we've got a nursery for the younger children and some rather basic cabins."

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"That's where I come in!" Sakura grins. "I don't just want to help. Since Adir got his new job we have some extra money. I want to use some of that for this plan."

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Reelshka smiles, her ears perking up again.

"That changes things, then. If you're willing to donate for this purpose, it makes things a lot easier." She reaches for a rather expensive electronic tablet and starts typing on it. "We're going to need some entertainment for the older kids... otherwise they'll get bored in no time flat."

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"Great!" Sakura grins broadly. "I'm not really experienced enough with this sort of thing to figure out how to set a lot of this up, but I want to help in whatever way I can." She's got more big ideas than fine details at this point.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Genevieve's Cabin]

knock-knock goes Arlem on the door. While waiting, she psychically scans the place for living beings, though she expects a sorceress's home cabin to be impenetrable.
    Should the knock be answered, she'll go on to ask "Hello! We're from VIGIL, and were hoping to ask you a few questions to help track down something to save the world."[/FONT]
    [Genevieve's Cabin]

Behind Arlem hovers an odd creature, composed of a short, stocky body with no limbs save for four tentacles and a head with no expression, but three eyes. It says nothing for now.
    [Geneviève's Cabin]

Not so much impenetrable, but the severe dimensional trickery going on in and around the cabin (to make it bigger on the inside, of course) would probably garble any scan enough to make it unreliable. Regardless, it appears that Geneviève was inside after all, as she soon emerges, dressed in a sleek dark house coat that covers her from the neck to the ground.
    "To save the world," she says, her crystalline voice taking on an appropriately somber tone. "An onerous task. Of course, I will assist you however I can."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Firbolg in the Playground

((Post for Zefir at the bottom of the last page))

[Geneviève's Cabin]

"Well, you know, save it from one particular danger. Making the world safe is quite another thing." Arlem admits, sheepish.
    "There's a seal for a certain unkillable evil that went missing from the WATCHTOWER base when the demons attacked. Now there's a group of warlocks trying to find it and open it. Which would be very regrettable. And the last person to see it was your apprentice...former apprentice?"
    Which is more-or-less true, if not the whole truth.
    She is making an assumption, based on what Thrice-Gazer said earlier.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-02-15 at 10:52 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"I've been more or less in charge of the infrastructure here since I got here," Reelshka explains. "I'd been an architect before and I picked the rest up as I went. Organizing charity is an exercise in doing more with less. Donations are never a sure thing so we can't stretch ourselves thin."

[Geneviève's Cabin]

"It's certainly not this soul," the demon floating behind Arlem says briefly. Beyond that, it's not its job to speculate.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"Oh, then I'm talking to just the right person." Sakura never realized that Reelshka did all that. "Maybe we can plan to meet up a few times to plan some things out, figure out what we need, and all that stuff. We can probably talk about some details right now."

((I'm not sure how much of this planning stuff needs to be on screen, mind you. A lot of the details will be hashed out off screen, I expect.))

13. - Top - End - #853
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Genevieve's Cabin]

knock-knock goes Arlem on the door. While waiting, she psychically scans the place for living beings, though she expects a sorceress's home cabin to be impenetrable.
    Should the knock be answered, she'll go on to ask "Hello! We're from VIGIL, and were hoping to ask you a few questions to help track down something to save the world."

[Nameless Man's Cabin]

((Go ahead. The character directory is right there.))
    Anchor would never probably wouldn't can't be assumed to take advantage of amnesiacs.
    "Hey summoner. I never got around to thanking you for your help on the island. I mean, I'd have been squashed flat without you and carbuncle."
    She steps inside, and her shadow, now cast on the inside wall, waves.
    "I was thinking maybe I could help you."
    [Nameless Man's Cabin]

The man looks rather confused as the woman just walks in.

"Uhh, well there are several ways you could help me. But I'm sure we don't think about the same ways."
    he says with a playful grin.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #854

Default [Nameless Man's Cabin]

"I wouldn't be so sure. I mean, there's sure to be something we've both thought of."
    Anchor responds with a matching smile.
    "For example, you've lost your memories, and I'm a healer; you're a man who's doesn't know many people here, and I'm the girl who lives next door."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #855

[Nameless Man's Cabin]

The smile fades away quickly.
    "It is hard to know people when you don't know yourself." he replies. "Have you talked with someone in the infirmary? They already made their examination."

16. - Top - End - #856

"Aww, sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up to trouble you. I mean, I thought you'd - nevermind."
    Anchor tilts her head down, chagrined.
    "Well, even if it's hard, why don't we get to know each other better?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #857

[Nameless Man's Cabin]

He waves off. as she starts to complain.

"Then you go first I guess." he says. "You sure know more about me then otherwise around."

18. - Top - End - #858

Anchor resumes smiling, looking around this room of the cabin.
    "You just weren't asking the right questions."
    "The short story: I'm a wizard. Person who does magic. And I have what you'd call summon abilities, on account of where I'm from. I told you I was summoned, which isn't wrong, but it's not the same sort of thing you do. I remember how disappointed you were to hear that. I first came to GLoG to get help for one of my friends who was sick. Later on I came back because I felt like I had maybe done some bad things and ought to make up for it. But compared to some of the people who were running the League back then, I'm a saint. But I stuck around to learn medicine - the clinic and lab here is are real solid places."

"I'd prefer it if the organization were more active, I mean, personally I place 'removing problems' over 'helping people', but helping people is still really important. Leave the world better than you found it, that's what I always say."
    She does not always say this. But she does think such sentiments often enough.

"What else do you want to know? "
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Reelshka and Sakura will spend a while discussing the financial and logistical aspects of the project. Reelshka is rather experienced in dealing with those matters. Once they're done for now, her ears perk up.

"I just remembered... have Cern and Gwydion mentioned their idea to visit Underside? Tuskfang has been rather insistent that we go there together."

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Sakura is... less good at these things, as promised. She looks pretty tired when all is said and done, really. It's nice to be done thinking about all that for now. "Oh, yes of course. They were so excited about that idea. Are you thinking we should plan that?" She guesses.

21. - Top - End - #861

Default Re: [Nameless Man's Cabin]

Anchor resumes smiling, looking around this room of the cabin.
    "You just weren't asking the right questions."
    "The short story: I'm a wizard. Person who does magic. And I have what you'd call summon abilities, on account of where I'm from. I told you I was summoned, which isn't wrong, but it's not the same sort of thing you do. I remember how disappointed you were to hear that. I first came to GLoG to get help for one of my friends who was sick. Later on I came back because I felt like I had maybe done some bad things and ought to make up for it. But compared to some of the people who were running the League back then, I'm a saint. But I stuck around to learn medicine - the clinic and lab here is are real solid places."

"I'd prefer it if the organization were more active, I mean, personally I place 'removing problems' over 'helping people', but helping people is still really important. Leave the world better than you found it, that's what I always say."
    She does not always say this. But she does think such sentiments often enough.

"What else do you want to know? "
    [Nameless Man's Cabin]

"Oh, I think i forgot that. Well there are so many people coming and going I have hard times to remember them all." he says.

"What makes you think you could help me with my problems? As I see it the current infiirmary couldn't help me."

22. - Top - End - #862

"Well, I can hardly blame you for forgetting. I'll just have to be more memorable in the future." Anchor answers with a smirk.
    "As for helping you, I'm not the current infirmary. I have some experience with unusual mental problems, like possession, amnesia, you know. I know a...spell to see very clearly what's going on in peoples' heads. But you know you best; if you don't think I can help you, then, uh, I won't."
    Much as she hates to admit that, she has eventually learned that sometimes you just can't get people to be helped.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"It wouldn't hurt. I make sure Tuskfang visits there often to stay in touch with... my side of his heritage," Reelshka says. "It's not easy to raise a child who's half-Wolfen and half-goblin. And he's really excited to show it to them. That and molerats."

[Outside Guest Cabin]

Iknika is sitting there on a bench, feet clad in rather stylish winter boots dangling in the air. She's waiting for either Natalie or Jamie, who live here, to appear. Or Koshal, who will hopefully find the place.
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-02-21 at 05:55 PM.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

As it happens, Jamie arrives first! The frizzy-haried redhead looks a little older, a little fuller, a little more tanned and with her latest painting tucked under her arm as she waves at her friend.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #865
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Guest Cabin

They are joined shortly after, by a European robin*, which lands on the roof over the door, looks down at the two humanoids, and flutters to the ground a short distance away, before changing. The bird grows, the feathers turning into clothes, the wings changing shape into arms and growing fingers, and generally morphing into something that isn't a bird. It doesn't take long; a few seconds at most, and when it is complete, Natalie's standing there. She's a fourteen-year-old human girl with black hair, cut to her shoulders, and bright green eyes. She's wearing a pair of dark green combat trousers, a black t-shirt with a white flower design and a pair of black trainers, as it's a bit too cold for her to be barefoot. She smiles at the other girls, before looking to see if Koshal is here yet.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #866

Default Re: [Nameless Man's Cabin]

"Well, I can hardly blame you for forgetting. I'll just have to be more memorable in the future." Anchor answers with a smirk.
    "As for helping you, I'm not the current infirmary. I have some experience with unusual mental problems, like possession, amnesia, you know. I know a...spell to see very clearly what's going on in peoples' heads. But you know you best; if you don't think I can help you, then, uh, I won't."
    Much as she hates to admit that, she has eventually learned that sometimes you just can't get people to be helped.

[Nameless Man's Cabin]

"Sounds a lot like mindreading or did I get that wrong"
    he says, having no idea of those things at all. he adds.
    "Well, I'm not here because I can get over it by myself. and you won't belive what you can't do without a name."

27. - Top - End - #867

"Nah, it's not mind-reading. I've never been able to tell what people are thinking." Anchor says, smiling. She's not great at explanations.
    "So you'll let me help?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"It wouldn't hurt. I make sure Tuskfang visits there often to stay in touch with... my side of his heritage," Reelshka says. "It's not easy to raise a child who's half-Wolfen and half-goblin. And he's really excited to show it to them. That and molerats."
    [Sapling Cabin]

Sakura giggles. "You know, I don't think I've ever seen a molerat before, and I'm pretty familiar with different animals." Then again, she's been far more likely to encounter animal above ground. "How about we plan the trip... next week sometime? I'm sure I can make that work."

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"They're brown or pink, pudgy and vary in size," Reelshka explains. "TGoblins keep the smaller and less toothy kinds as pets. I think next week would be fine. I can talk to my family down there to arrange something interesting for the boys to see."

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

Spotting Natalie, Jamie grins, waving enthuastically at her friend!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items