New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 91

1. - Top - End - #901
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Geneviève's Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Geneviève's Cabin]

"Oh, her? Merely a wayward wizard that I helped out of a bind," says Geneviève.

"No one with any interest in receiving instruction from me, and I think she would have made for an exceptionally poor pupil." She says, her tone dismissive.
    Arlem sighs.
    "Poor student, apprentice, you can see how someone might get those confused."
    "Now, I don't suppose you know what became of this wayward wizard after you helped her out?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nameless Man's Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    How odd. What must have happened to him? Is he going to die?
    She wishes she were practiced enough at her magic to dispel someone else's pain. But she isn't.
    When she eventually wakes after finding him unable to dream, Anchor checks to see if the pain seems to be decreasing over time (even if it's only very slowly).

Either way, at this point she has to take the nameless summoner to the infirmary. It's much better suited to the tedious job of keeping coma patients alive than a cabin is. Nothing to see here, just a resident carrying a patient in to get medical care...

((Makes sense to me.))
    [Nameless Man's Cabin]

The man is not going to die from it. Thought he might die if none keeps him alive.
    The pain is decreasing. and in a proper amount so he whould be fine in a normal time span.

There is no way he could reist . he will get dragged from Archon as she pleases.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #903

Default [Nameless Man's Cabin ==> Infirmary]

Which is why he's being taken to the infirmary.

Anchor greets the staff ghost as she enters with the summoner.
    "Hello, Nurse Piper. Our nameless friend here was working on getting his memories back, and it seems they were too much. Help me get him into a bed?"

Since he's healthy and breathing, it should only take them a little work to keep him alive until he can recover.
    Assuming nothing else goes wrong.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-03-12 at 12:12 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 91

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"Oooh. Yeah. And that way you can go 'and my axe!' too," Jamie declares with a broad grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"Honestly you might have better luck just having sheathes for throwing knives on your armor and maybe some on the side of your shield.
    I've seen shields with built-in scabbards before."
    Koshal says. Though usually those are short blades, not axes. Adding too much metal also risks making the shield too heavy, though that might be alleviated based on the size and material of Iknika's.

[One Night]

There is a knock on the door of the gazebo, the one with the ornate wooden carvings of rice fields on rosewood. The door has never been there before, and it has always been there. It will never be there again. Just as dreams have no set end or beginning. But perhaps there can be a beginning.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

Iknika's ears twitch.

"That sounds like a reference I'm not getting," she tells Jamie, before turning to Koshal and Natalie. "An axe that returns to me sounds cool, though. But if we're going to be a team, maybe we should train together. I could ask Lady Eschelle, or Koshal could ask his teachers."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #907

Default Re: [Nameless Man's Cabin ==> Infirmary]

Which is why he's being taken to the infirmary.

Anchor greets the staff ghost as she enters with the summoner.
    "Hello, Nurse Piper. Our nameless friend here was working on getting his memories back, and it seems they were too much. Help me get him into a bed?"

Since he's healthy and breathing, it should only take them a little work to keep him alive until he can recover.
    Assuming nothing else goes wrong.
    [Infirmary]

Nothing on my end. Well there could allways be someone coming into the Infirmary and hit him on the head again. Not sure if people tried that to get the memories back.

Otherwise the man will wake up after 3 full days of coma. I guess his first fight will be against all the cables and pipes that keep him alive and all. After that is done he looks around confused.

"Where am I? Who am I? What happened?" he makes a break. "I know who I am, why do i ask myself that?"

8. - Top - End - #908
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Guest Cabin

"I'd say having a knife on your shield's better than an axe. Axes are more effective if they're heavy, I think. More thunk." She keeps rubbing and stroking Faye. "I might be able to summon something to help with training. There's a couple creatures in my book that might be helpful." Not too powerful, though. Natalie summons Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters because she's been a conjurer longer than I've played Magic.

One Night

Natalie turns to the door, frowning at it. It sort of fits, but she doesn't remember it being there. Does she? Hmm. Dreams are odd- and she's aware this isn't real, as the manor she's looking at no longer exists. Nor do the pond, the bench or the gazebo. Unaware of time's wheel, she walks to the door and opens it, and recklessly enters without looking first.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #909

Default [Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Nothing on my end. Well there could allways be someone coming into the Infirmary and hit him on the head again. Not sure if people tried that to get the memories back.

Otherwise the man will wake up after 3 full days of coma. I guess his first fight will be against all the cables and pipes that keep him alive and all. After that is done he looks around confused.

"Where am I? Who am I? What happened?" he makes a break. "I know who I am, why do i ask myself that?"
    "Stay still!" chides the nurse.
    "You're in the League infirmary, and you just tore out your life support. You're lucky that you didn't seriously hurt yourself." she explains, clearing away the cables and pipes properly.

Anchor isn't there at the moment, but if the Summoner doesn't make his escape from the infirmary right away, she'll arrive within a quarter hour, once informed that he's conscious.
    "Hey, you're awake!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"Knives are good, although with them you have to be careful you don't, y'know, throw them and then run out," Jamie observes thoughtfully. "Unless you get one of those powers where you can just generate knives from thin air."

Somewhere else, Shrike's ears burn.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"Yeah, I could ask Mr. Wenomir. But I don't know how much he can train people like Natalie, 'cause he's not magical. He could help train you to dodge stuff though." Like with his obstacle courses!
    He seems to really like those.

[One Night]

On the other side of the door is a terrace of a grand monastery. Old and covered with ornate bricks and tall arches, overlooking a sleepy village in hilly farmland. Only a few lights shine in the distance.
    Sitting at a table is a rather enormous loxodon-lady in robes. She looks rather old if you know what an old pachyderm looks like, and is in the middle of pouring tea from a pot.
    "Cup of tea, dear?" she asks in a sweet voice.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #912

Default Re: [Infirmary]

"Stay still!" chides the nurse.
    "You're in the League infirmary, and you just tore out your life support. You're lucky that you didn't seriously hurt yourself." she explains, clearing away the cables and pipes properly.

Anchor isn't there at the moment, but if the Summoner doesn't make his escape from the infirmary right away, she'll arrive within a quarter hour, once informed that he's conscious.
    "Hey, you're awake!"
    [Infirmary]

The man doesn't escape.

"League infirmary?" he asks confused. "Didn't even know there is a league." He will stay in bed for a while so Anchor got the time to arrive.

"Eh, yeah it seems like that. You are the doctor here or such?"

13. - Top - End - #913

Default [Infirmary]

"...are you joking?" Anchor leans over the bed and looks at the Summoner more closely. He does seem legitimately confused.

"The Good League of Good. You live here." She frowns. Has he really lost even more memories? What's going on here? "Yes, I am a sort of doctor, I mean, I study medicine here." Did you know you can become a doctor just by staying in a place of medical practice after all the real professionals leave? It's true!
    "Do you know your name, or what year it is? What's the last thing you remember?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

Iknika's ears twitch.

"I think I've heard about him. He's this really tall human with a lot of scars. And really quick. Lady Eschelle knows a bit of magic, though. And Wenomir must have worked with magicians before." She grins toothily. "I wonder which one would win in a fight."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-03-22 at 03:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #915

[Infirmary]

"Joking?" he asks confused "Did I missed the joke?"

"Good League of Good?"
    he says and tries to think for a moment. "Nop, Never heared about that. Karl Franz Lasauar is my name and its year XXXX depending how long I was knocked out." ((The year is not really the nexus year. It's from his home world)) "I was going to visit a new inn that opened. Togs... Tlorg....eh Trobs? Either way, after I steped inside something hit me on the neck and next was here."

16. - Top - End - #916

Default [Infirmary]

Anchor sighs heavily. How does this keep happening to her? Well, to people she knows.
    "Trog's Tavern. It's a magical inn that connects to all different worlds. You went in there at least sixteen months ago. The blow to your head suppressed your memories, and you came to us to get help. I've finally brought them back, but it looks like whatever happened in the meantime has been forgotten."
    She opens her book and repeats the diagnosis spell to see if she can find any lingering effect of the magic on his brain.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #917
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Guest Cabin

"Dodging's useful. And I could probably do with some pointers on what to do if it all goes wrong and something gets too close without backup." She could do with a melee weapon, too. Something small and hidden like a knife of some kind.

One Night

"Yes please. I'm Natalie, pleased to meet you." She smiles at the loxodon matriarch, and walks closer, looking around curiously. "This place is beautiful." If there's a chair, she'll sit down.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #918

Anchor sighs heavily. How does this keep happening to her? Well, to people she knows.
    "Trog's Tavern. It's a magical inn that connects to all different worlds. You went in there at least sixteen months ago. The blow to your head suppressed your memories, and you came to us to get help. I've finally brought them back, but it looks like whatever happened in the meantime has been forgotten."
    She opens her book and repeats the diagnosis spell to see if she can find any lingering effect of the magic on his brain.

[Infirmary]

How many people do have this? I just thought a reset for him could be best.
    "Wait a moment there." he says holding a hand up. "So you are telling me I forgot the last sixteen months where I had an amnesia and now I have an amnesia about those months?"

19. - Top - End - #919

Default [Infirmary]

Not many. Just one or two.

Anchor nods.
    "I'm afraid so. And I don't know if these months will come back as easily."
    She goes on to explain the basics about the Nexus, the fact that people here have 'summon abilities' and that he might find it difficult or impossible to get home.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #920

Oh I forgot to tell about the scan. Things seem okay there. Minor brain damage due to the pain, but nothing magical or permanent. Maybe he will get those memories back in a few days.

"Sounds like a prison." he comments. "Thought I already traveled all around back home.And what is your story?

21. - Top - End - #921

Default [Infirmary]

"Okay, it looks like your memories may come back over time, especially as you see place you've been before and so on. Or they may not. Either way, you should take these-" Anchor gets him a tiny bottle of basic painkillers. "-twice a day for the next week. There's some lingering pain from the memory trauma."

"It is a little prison-ish. Like a lobster trap. I mean, I was born here, so I don't really know what that's like, but it's common enough for peoples' trips here to be one way. I am your friend Anchor Danir -you'll have to get to know me again-, and I work here. I mean, you already knew that. I usually do a lot of traveling, but when I'm not, I usually come back here. This is where I originally learned medicine, and I like to be able to help."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #922

[Infirmary]

"Okay." he replies. "Do you know if my magic works normal here? Did I use it?"

23. - Top - End - #923

"As far as I know. You summoned a carbuncle and some skeleton guys. Basically everything works here." Anchor explains "Though there are often more ways to stop it."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #924

[Infirmary]

"I just summoned them, nothing more?" he asks, looking at his palm. It is save that his summoning works here, since he doupts that people around here know about Carbuncle otherwise.

25. - Top - End - #925

"That's all I saw." Anchor admits. "What else are you able to do?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #926

[Infirmary]

"There is one other summoning I got. and I can fuse with my summoning if needed."

27. - Top - End - #927

Default [Infirmary]

Anchor shakes her head.
    "Maybe you didn't have a reason to fuse. Or maybe you forgot that you could do it."
    She tries to help Karl up out of the infirmary bed, and show him out to the campground.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "Yeah, I could ask Mr. Wenomir. But I don't know how much he can train people like Natalie, 'cause he's not magical. He could help train you to dodge stuff though." Like with his obstacle courses!
    He seems to really like those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Iknika's ears twitch.

"I think I've heard about him. He's this really tall human with a lot of scars. And really quick. Lady Eschelle knows a bit of magic, though. And Wenomir must have worked with magicians before." She grins toothily. "I wonder which one would win in a fight."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Dodging's useful. And I could probably do with some pointers on what to do if it all goes wrong and something gets too close without backup." She could do with a melee weapon, too. Something small and hidden like a knife of some kind.
    Jamie turns her head, squinting; she could have sworn she just heard a voice in the distance shouting 'DOOOOOOOOODGE!'.

"Well, yeah. You want to be prepared for anything. Dodge if you can, stab if you can't. Or use vines to tangle them up. Really, really fast-growing, thorny vines." She grins.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #929

Anchor shakes her head.
    "Maybe you didn't have a reason to fuse. Or maybe you forgot that you could do it."
    She tries to help Karl up out of the infirmary bed, and show him out to the campground.
    [Infirmary]

"Yeah, maybe that was it." he says. "Not like I got into some seriouse figth with a monster or another summoner."
    He accepts the help, thougth he asks her to let him dress himself.

"So what's going on here right now I should know of? Any place for adventure or such?"

30. - Top - End - #930

Default [Infirmary => Camp Grounds]

"Well, you did get in what seemed like a serious fight. Maybe not compared to what you're used to.

No problem with the Summoner dressing himself. Finding out that he got double-amnesia was a bit of a downer. She waits outside the infirmary door.
    "Adventure? Certainly. VIGIL, the ones who supposedly watch out for the end of the world, they're in a war with some demons. The main city near here, City of Inside -you can get there by train- it's under new management. The Hunting Grounds are always full of the dangerous sort of adventure - my sister's there most times, though I haven't been recently...There's a couple of mercenary groups that seem to always be recruiting. And there's religious strife, so you could try the temples. Or the taverns."
    Anchor goes on to explain to Karl how to reach each of the main threads locations.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine