New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 91

1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 91

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Cabins]

Tuskfang gasps again, and his eyes go as big as saucers. He turns around towards his mother.

"Moooooom!"

"What is it?" Reelshka asks, prying her attention away from her sketches.

"Salix says she doesn't have a bedtime and sleeps an' eats when she wants!"

"Does she, now?" The goblin peers at the dryad carefully. What has she been telling her son?
    [Cabins]

"Uh huh." Salix nods. "Bedtime is kinda silly. What if you're not tired?" Flawless child logic that. Of course, no one expects Salix to stick to a particularly rigid schedule.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

By the Yew

Baccata's surprised by the transformation, and leans over to get a better look. "That is odd. Looks cool, though. I like the nose." She's being totally honest, too; she's never seen an elephant, so the similarities aren't striking her as goofy or bizarre.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac flinches at Iknika's reaction, tensing up and pulling his jacket around him.
    "You think I look stupid, don't you? Most people do. It makes me stronger but I'm also five times as big a target so unless I learn how to fight it's really not much of a power-up. I-really? Thanks, Baccata..." he says, feeling a little bit better.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

[Cabins]

Reelshka sighs. Salix really isn't helping her here.

"Salix is a dryad, dear. They grow up differently than woblins do."

Tuskfang pouts.

"Woblins get bedtime an' dryads don't? Thass not fair! I wonder if dryadeer get bedtime."

[By the Yew]

"It doesn't look stupid," Iknika declares hastily. "I was just surprised. And I can help you learn to fight in this form."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

By the Yew

"Can you still cast spells like that?" She grins, climbs over the fence and will try to feel Isaac's new skin. There is a gate in the fence around the yew, but Baccata ignores it.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac wiggles his ears. He's giving a small smile, but it's hard to tell with that giant nose covering his mouth.
    "Well, that's good, because once changed I can't turn back for a few hours. Uh, I hope that I didn't ruin anything. You can use me to help train fighting big monsters! Even though I'm uh, kind of awful at it." he admits. "And yeah, I can still cast. It's hard with a different number of fingers, though." he adds. He does, should they look, have four fingers and three toes, like some species of African elephant and most loxodons on trading card art.

Isaac's skin is thick hide like what you'd expect from a pachyderm. Isaac almost puts an arm around the yew-dryad but pulls his hand away. He often feels oddly protective when he's like this.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

"Of course it doesn't ruin anything! Let's try again!"

Iknika certainly doesn't lack for eagerness.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Cabins]

Reelshka sighs. Salix really isn't helping her here.

"Salix is a dryad, dear. They grow up differently than woblins do."

Tuskfang pouts.

"Woblins get bedtime an' dryads don't? Thass not fair! I wonder if dryadeer get bedtime."
    [Cabins]

Salix giggles, apparently finding Tuskfang's frustration cute. She doesn't understand Reelshka's perspective. Of course, she wouldn't for a variety of reasons. "Dunno, maybe. You gotta ask your friends."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

By the Yew

Baccata steps back when Isaac tries putting an arm about her. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." Probably a good thing he didn't startle Baccata too much, as she has her own alternate form, but using it lets her tree influence her actions, and her tree is particularly antisocial and malicious.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac nods and lets Iknika separate herself for another go.
    "Don't worry about it." he assures the dryad.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Island Center]

Ah, a skillful thing! A breathless instant passes as the Carrion King watches the result of his throw, then he's coming forward, the simultaneously fascinating and disconcerting gait of his hobble-hop-crawl only serving to distract from the menacing speed of his advance. His feet and hands pound the earth, his legs extended and contorted behind, his hands whipping out before. The King holds his rusty carver in his teeth as he does so, rippling across the gap between them...

Ah, what an incredibly distracting aroma that fills the air then! The flush of Winter's power brings a gape to the King's jaw... and the heavy, warty brown blade tumbles free to land in his open claw. A thin layer of frost covers him even as he reaches striking distance. Indeed, it proves no hindrance, and perhaps only serves to incentivize his viciousness further. Glittering with ice, feathers flying and fluttering, the King hews forward, cleaving left and right in a pair of great wild swings. Odd, hefty pops surround the Empress, regardless of whether she's struck. With those blows alone he's suddenly cleared an even greater killing ground for the pair of them, trees trunks split like firewood, left to fall in the dirt.

The King certainly doesn't expect such early blows to fell his quarry. More, he hopes to drive her back... and he throws out his free hand to retrieve his bident from the last ruined tree-trunk, trying to wrench it free even as that old proud wood also topples to the ground. Thusly rearmed, he can orchestrate a fuller offense...
    Island Center

Half a step back and half a step again the Empress is pushed. Her great shield absorbs the impacts of each blow with only a shower of sparks. The powerful woman only grunts with each impact as she's forced back until she finally stands firm near the bident's head. She doesn't strike, choosing to keep her shield in front of her and only moving it slightly to intercept the Carrion King's attacks. She even ignores the tress falling to the ground around the pair. Only when he chooses to reach out for his other weapon does she react further.

All at once, her blade lashes out in an arc in a vicious overhead chop. Her speed, insane as it is, changes the motion into one blur. Her blade is aimed right for the joint of his elbow with enough force to split apart stone and steel. Her shield swings upward at the same time, intent on shoving the first weapon back towards the King's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Paddle, paddle, paddle your boat out over the water. Waters that are getting choppier, with waves seemingly radiating out from the island, of all things. But this isn't a stormy ocean and I'm confident that in just a minute Anchor will pull up on the island and hop out onto the shore.

In crossing, she looks up intently when the sound of clashing blades and breaking arrows ring out, and winces sharply when she sees a whole ring of treetops tumble over and fall. Just what's going on over there?
    The water is slightly choppy and the air cool, but it won't prevent the boat from making it to the island.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Halfling in the Playground

[Island Center]

A decisive blow! There is a wrenching squelch, and there does the King's arm fly free. His huge body recoils as one save for it's dismembered extremity, mouth dropping open to scream and cry wretched, ancient curses. The stump oozes instantly with tarry, tepid blood.

The Carrion King manages to avoid, as a byproduct of his swift retreat, the repulsion of his other weapon. Hurriedly does he collect himself, heaving and hunched, his breath coalescing as great frosty clouds of vapor. His remaining arm coils and he turns the carving knife over in his hand, regaining some semblance of a martial stance... or as twisted a one as a creature like he can manage. His weapon his held out before him, a partition between them.

Though she still cannot see his eyes, it's easy to feel Lammergeir's gaze upon her. For the moment, he remains curiously still, though his feathers still bend in the wind, and his ichor oozes from the vicious wound, the thick blood already clotting.

His forearm twitches and worms where it has fallen.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika approaches slowly, before suddenly breaking into a run. She charges, trying to drive her shield into Isaac's stomach, and them whack him with her axe again.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

This really ought to be an easy thing. Isaac can just conjure a force wall to slide into Iknika's way and knock her clean over. It would be easy, and that's what he starts to do.

Then Isaac remembers that he isn't at Zaff's where they have expert healers within ten meters at all times, and he doesn't know if slamming into a wall at a full sprint would hurt Iknika, who isn't at all like the bullies that he's been getting revenge on for the past few months. So he lets it fizzle, but by then Iknika is really close, and all he can do is quickly bring up the butt of his polearm at Iknika's head for a quick rap. It's possible that she gets hit as she hits him, but....

There's a bit of a height difference at play here, and Iknika's shield and axe are at a very unfortunate position. Isaac falls over hard.
    "You hit me in the ****. Why did you hit me in the ****?" he moans.
    You really should have been wearing padding, Isaac.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

By the Yew

Baccata snorts with laughter as the elephant-man is reduced to clutching... himself in pain and rolling around. Her player doesn't think it's as funny, but Baccata's quite a morbid person and has a dark sense of humour. She's also trying not to laugh; she's just having a bit of difficulty.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika freezes, and promptly panics. She drops her axe and rushes over to Isaac.

"I'm so sorryyyyyyy... I didn't mean to hit you there! I just didn't realize how tall you are now!"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac sits up, no more worse for wear. He has to adjust his glasses though as they were dislodged in the fall.
    "I'm fine. I heal super-fast. The pain's already gone. I just...I guess I'm not so good at this. It's a lot easier at school or with Lucas 'cause he's indestructible. " he admits, pulling at his tail and staring at its blond tuft.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Island Edge]

Anchor springs from the paddleboat and heads for the island center, picking her way between fallen trees. Her shadow, in clear defiance of where the sun is standing, rushes on ahead of her instead of behind.

"Um, excuse me?"
    "You're kind of wrecking our poor island forest. Do you really have to fight like this?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika calms down a little when she sees Isaac isn't badly hurt.

"Uh... we can stop, if you want. Or we can keep going. Can't get better otherwise."

20. - Top - End - #290
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Near the lake]

After a while, the nameless man continues to walk around. He now got to the lake and wonders if there is a boat anywhere to cross the water and get to the island in it's middle.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac considers it.
    "I guess so, but-" Isaac stops when he remembers that he made a snap decision because of risk when he is, in fact, a healer. He makes a very dissatisfied noise from that over-sized nose.
    "Yeah, we can keep trying stuff. We can work on your reflexes, since mine are clearly shot." he grumbles. "Back up and come at me."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika picks up her axe again, backs away and starts circling around Isaac. Then she rushes in again, swinging her axe in a wide, chaotic arc that ends with it trying to lock one of Isaac's legs out from under him.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Iknika might have trouble advancing as Isaac makes a translucent obstacle in her way. It travels towards her, and she might even get pulled back with it if she doesn't cleanly get over it.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

The young goblin stops when she sees the barrier coming in. She tries jumping over it, but she trips and stumbles. She didn't see that coming.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-03-12 at 01:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Luckily the barrier was only going at a leisurely speed and fizzles once she runs into it.
    "Oh, geez. Are you okay? I thought you'd have done obstacle courses by now. That's always how they start training knights and soldiers on TV." Isaac says, which only admits his cluelessness.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

"I didn't see it coming," Iknika says, pouting. She's not happy about her performance with it. "You never know what might show up when you fight mages."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

"Yeah, I get that. At least my powers are straight-forward. Do you wanna try again?" he offers.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

"Sure I do," Iknika declares. "How about you come at me this time?"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

"Um...well, if you insist." he mumbles, and jogs over to her at a reasonably slow pace and giving a broad swing with his heavily cushioned hammer that can probably still easily knock Iknika over if she doesn't duck.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika bends her knees and thrusts her shield forward, letting it meet the hammer mid-swing. She's still unbalanced by the force, but seems to push through it, as she follows up with a good whack to Isaac's elbow.