New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Most Stealthy Way Your Party Has Killed an Npc/boss/monster/ect~

i am in a stealthy campaign and i need i few ideas, what better way for inspiration than people's own Stories on how it has worked for them in the past.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Most Stealthy Way Your Party Has Killed an Npc/boss/monster/ect~

You probably want the Roleplaying Games forum rather than this one.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Once I phased through a wall, coup-de-graced a sleeping hobgoblin, phased back through.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

A Jermlaine (or any other Tiny creature) with a level in Psychic Warrior to get Augmented Compression which can bring their size down to Fine. My favorite skill to have for a sneaky character.
    Last edited by littlebum2002; 2016-12-29 at 11:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Not sure if it counts as sthealty, but it certainly was underhanded:
    I had introduced a ludicrously rich guy, mostly as a joke; this guy ate only diamonds and drank only gold dissolved in mercury, and he had quite the staff of clerics just to keep him alive. The villain did stuff that was intended to cause strife between the political faction of this rich guy and the players' political faction, using misdirection to blame the players. Instead of going after the villain, the players just found good evidence for the villlain's guilt and presented it to the rich guy, so the rich guy just bribed the villain's accomplices into switching sides, then he executed the villain by stoning him with egg-sized diamonds. To date, I still haven't found a convincing long-term villain to replace him.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    Not sure if it counts as sthealty, but it certainly was underhanded:
    I had introduced a ludicrously rich guy, mostly as a joke; this guy ate only diamonds and drank only gold dissolved in mercury, and he had quite the staff of clerics just to keep him alive. The villain did stuff that was intended to cause strife between the political faction of this rich guy and the players' political faction, using misdirection to blame the players. Instead of going after the villain, the players just found good evidence for the villlain's guilt and presented it to the rich guy, so the rich guy just bribed the villain's accomplices into switching sides, then he executed the villain by stoning him with egg-sized diamonds. To date, I still haven't found a convincing long-term villain to replace him.
    That ... that was awesome.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

7. - Top - End - #7

We once transmuted a werewolf's wine into wolfsbane.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

We dropped a petrified dwarf onto a dragon from low orbit. It was not subtle, but the dragon certainly never saw it coming.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”