New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Music sharing thread.

Straightforward, simple. Show us songs you like, especially those you are presently listening to.

Here's two from me:

Eluveitie: "The Silver Sister"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fqXobXOoUg

Metallica: "Blackened"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo

(It doesn't have to be metal.)
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2016-12-08 at 05:36 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Music sharing thread.

Sound and Vision
    It's a song I've listened to since I was around 3 years old, and I've never stopped loving it.
    Rock n Roll Suicide
    The song I listen to when I feel like everything is at its worst.
    Pepper
    Really nice exploration of the ****ier side of humanity.
    Everlasting Light
    One of my favorite love songs, my band is currently working on a cover of it.
    On Another Plane
    What I'm listening to right now, another song I grew up on.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2016-12-08 at 05:03 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I am a true metalhead, but i won´t suggest heavy metal.... i recomend VnV Nation, that band made me like electronic music. Begin with "Illusion", "Nova" or "Beloved"
    Last edited by Spanish_Paladin; 2016-12-08 at 05:26 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

I've got something a bit softer, a selection of songs by Incubus.

"Drive"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRUf30Afcyo

"Pardon Me"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhZvDJ2opsM

"Megalomaniac"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyvo6gY9zLA

"Wish You Were Here"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZnUYsqw8BA

"Nice to Know You"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVWPFq_VAMg
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2016-12-08 at 05:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

for me it classic rock or so-called progressive rock of the same era.

Google up "RUSH R40 LIVE" or "YESSONGS VOLUME 1"

Viva la Rock-n-Roll!
    Currently Playing: Aire Romaris Chaotic Good Male Half Celestial Gray Elf Duskblade 13 / Swiftblade 7 /// Elven Generallist Wizard 20

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

And here's a song for the rest of my day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrVRMdrPe0

(Join me on DDO! Ghallanda, look for Aliycya. Yes, that's how I had to spell Alicia. Level 3, will be level 4 and on the mainland soon. Drunken low-level chat and other shenanigans all day.)
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2016-12-08 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Extra info.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish_Paladin View Post
    I am a true metalhead, but i won´t suggest heavy metal.... i recomend VnV Nation, that band made me like electronic music. Begin with "Illusion", "Nova" or "Beloved"
    "Victory Not Vengeance," yes. Judgement was a very good album. I will offer a different song from it than, "Illusion," though that is also important.

Quote Originally Posted by The Farthest Star by VNV Nation
    If we should stay silent
    If fear should win our hearts
    Our light/line will have long diminished
    Before it reaches the farthest star
    Right now I'm in a Children of the Monkey Machine mood. Maridia (Drowned in Exile) would be an easier entry than what I'm listening to. I'm trying to figure out the bonus track for the OCReMix album of Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption. The CotMM contribution on the extras disc was a nearly 35 minute arrangement of the final battle theme titled "Spiraling Decay."
    Last edited by KillingAScarab; 2016-12-09 at 01:09 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    "Victory Not Vengeance," yes. Judgement was a very good album. I will offer a different song from it than, "Illusion," though that is also important.

Right now I'm in a Children of the Monkey Machine mood. Maridia (Drowned in Exile) would be an easier entry than what I'm listening to. I'm trying to figure out the bonus track for the OCReMix album of Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption. The CotMM contribution on the extras disc was a nearly 35 minute arrangement of the final battle theme titled "Spiraling Decay."
    Farthest star is great, i agree

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

I don't know what it is, but I felt a shock just now. And now, I'm listening to this, a thing I haven't even heard, much less willingly listened to, in years. (Yes, this entire album. I am trying to figure out what I felt and what it has to do with this.)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N_mO4XixLqmS0j

Anyway... That's good quality for rap. I know that isn't saying much, but it's far and away better than the rest of the genre... And that isn't saying much either. It's actually GOOD. That's what I'm saying. Whatever. So... Yeah. Enjoy.

(...I'm going to go take a shower. Maybe light myself on fire. ****ing rap music. I don't know why I feel such a instinctive, visceral repulsion to rap music... Actually, yes I do. But this isn't that kind of rap. It's not 50-Cent, or Eminem or DMX. It's pretty much a different genre.)
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2016-12-11 at 10:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The second part of Time's End was made available last month. There's also a short fan animated movie covering the backstory from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask which was released at the same time, but for me Woodfall Temple has some of the best atmosphere on this "disc." Theophany's interest in sound design comes through in what was included from the game. I can't wait to hear what's done with the Great Bay Temple when that comes around. I'm also hoping there will be new iterations of Oath to Order after each temple boss track as the project progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Avianmosquito View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I felt a shock just now. And now, I'm listening to this, a thing I haven't even heard, much less willingly listened to, in years. (Yes, this entire album. I am trying to figure out what I felt and what it has to do with this.)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N_mO4XixLqmS0j

Anyway... That's good quality for rap. I know that isn't saying much, but it's far and away better than the rest of the genre... And that isn't saying much either. It's actually GOOD. That's what I'm saying. Whatever. So... Yeah. Enjoy.

(...I'm going to go take a shower. Maybe light myself on fire. ****ing rap music. I don't know why I feel such a instinctive, visceral repulsion to rap music... Actually, yes I do. But this isn't that kind of rap. It's not 50-Cent, or Eminem or DMX. It's pretty much a different genre.)
    So, you don't like a lot of rap, but like some rap rock. No biggie (smalls).

Personally, I like some of what Zaid Tabani does. I heard about him while he was doing battle rap as Red Rapper and did the introductions for EVO a few times, including this one for Super Street Fighter IV. I felt the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 intro from the next year was more memorable, though.
    Shield slash and a star
    I body you into monuments
    I'm so fricken American
    Guile looks like a communist
    Last edited by KillingAScarab; 2016-12-12 at 01:08 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I was going to post some youtube links but I don't have enough posts so here goes some text.

Mussorgsky - Night On Bald Mountain, Pictures at an Exhibition

Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture, Marche Slave, Swan Lake

Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata. Symphonies #5 and 7

12. - Top - End - #12

I've been listening to "Woman" by Justice a lot. Good stuff.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

a nice lovesong for atheists - vampire weekend' unbelievers

some ethnotechno, my prefered genre - fun-da-mental's mother africa feeding sister india

old school techo - klf's justified and ancient

scifi hiphop - digable planet's good to be here

14. - Top - End - #14

Currently listening to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mC7j-fxqfs.
    Currently Playing: Aire Romaris Chaotic Good Male Half Celestial Gray Elf Duskblade 13 / Swiftblade 7 /// Elven Generallist Wizard 20

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I am in love with this celtic woman version of "a spaceman came travelling" (i am also in love with them )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXSyqK9ERRs

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    So, you don't like a lot of rap, but like some rap rock. No biggie (smalls). :smallsmile
    Actually, my appreciation for Aesop Rock is on an intellectual level. The man is well read and erudite, references classic literature constantly, works primarily in metaphor and satire, and makes biting social commentary in almost every track. His lyrics are extremely well written, and it's the writing that I appreciate. For example, the first couple lines of the first verse of Coffee:

"And the last shall be first to immerse in the pass-out heat, face in the mud where the moxie melt, 'till he woke up drowning in tchotchke hell, more in a cave with a torch on the wall than a window arrangement of porcelain dolls."

Okay, that's a couple lines from a RAP track, but there is a LOT to break down right there, and 99% of people are not going to get most of it. Let's go line by line.

"And the last shall be first..."

Well, he starts with a religious reference, so the site won't let me explain this one. Oh well.

"...to immerse in the pass-out heat, face in the mud where the moxie melt..."

There's a mental image. Face in the mud is a saying denoting humiliation, moxie means spirit or willpower and that melting means losing your strength of character, and pass-out heat is the likely culprit there. It's not literal heat, however. He's talking about being worn down by external pressures. We'll see which in the next line.

"...'till he woke up drowning in tchotchke hell..."

Materialism, yep. Tchotchkes, if you don't know, are small collectibles with no value or purpose. Drowning in tchotchke hell would be a painful obsession with collecting worthless objects, so he's referring to materialism. Simple enough.

"...more in a cave with a torch on the wall than a window arrangement of porcelain dolls."

Are you familiar with Plato's metaphor of the cave? If you do, and you keep in mind the talk about materialism and tchotchkes, you'll get this already. If not, the metaphor of the cave was Plato's way of explaining subjective reality, he likens us to people inside a cave, trying to guess at what's going on outside (in the real world) through shadows on a wall. A torch on the wall would make this much more difficult, masking the shadows, which is what Aes is comparing the porcelain dolls, a good example of a worthless collectible, to. He's saying that this person is too focused on material posessions, and it is making it hard for them to grasp the world around them.

Looking back on the external pressures in the first line, it seems likely the external pressures that are leaving this man broken and without dignity are material ones. Aes doubles down on this in the second verse.

"And the last shall be first to the curb with the mad-cow meat. Face in the bars of a regular cell when he work up high and collectible hell. Boom-town kid who was taught by the binge that the man who expire with the most **** wins, that's warpy American nonsense penned by the rich not a routine friend in a pinch. Still not used to the stench, how it throws off otherwise lucid events..."

Hell, even the crudest line in this track is a metaphor containing social commentary.

"It goes red light, green light, 123: One large coffee, **** you, peace."

He has, at this point, likened society to waiting in line at a coffee shop, and waiting in line to a game of red light, green light. (He has used these metaphors before, and is building off his previous work.) The last bit at the end is expressing a desire to get what he came he for and leave, and the added "**** you" speaks for itself. In the end, this track is expressing disdain for society, in particular the rap industry, and expressing a desire to retreat from it. He even refers to this as "hermitry" in the chorus, which is an apt description.

It's this kind of thing, this writing, that I appreciate regardless of genre. I still don't like rap music, it appeals to me slightly more than country, but the writing here is so solid and so interesting to dig into that it has overcome my distaste for the genre.
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2016-12-17 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Fixing the link.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Are you familiar with Plato's metaphor of the cave?
    Sure, that's where Tiny Carl Jung defeated the Dread Solipsist in Advanced Dungeons & Discourse.

(more serious reply later)

18. - Top - End - #18

Can I just interject and say how much I love this forum and its music suggestions. My Spotify album collection would be a pale shadow of what it is without all the great recommendations I've gotten from this site.

I've started listening to VnV Nation now, and I agree that Judgement is a fantastic album. I also agree with KillingAScarab - "Illusion" is good, but "The Farthest Star" is fantastic.

Previously all I'd heard of VnV was the cover version of "Further" that plays at the end credits of Iji, so beyond getting new music I was also reminded of a fantastic game.

I don't know how much I have to offer myself at present. Recently I've listened a lot to the Hamilton-score, which is still amazing even though I haven't seen the actual performance and will probably never get the chance to.

Another album I've listened to recently is "Y" by the Danish artist "Lydmor". I guess the genre is sort of pop with some electronic elements, but I think her style is really unique and she hits this strange combination of moods with her music and lyrics, which somehow clicks for me. It's hard to find the good songs on Youtube, though, so Spotify would be the place to go if you want to give it a listen.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    Can I just interject and say how much I love this forum and its music suggestions. My Spotify album collection would be a pale shadow of what it is without all the great recommendations I've gotten from this site.

I've started listening to VnV Nation now, and I agree that Judgement is a fantastic album. I also agree with KillingAScarab - "Illusion" is good, but "The Farthest Star" is fantastic.
    My personal preference is for "Carry You," but "The Farthest Star" definitely has that message of hope central to it. "Illusion" I mostly associate with "Doll Face" by Andy Huang. Someone took that animation and played "Illusion" over it.

If you're looking for something else along the lines of VNV Nation, I also enjoy The Crüxshadows, particularly DreamCypher. "Birthday" is perhaps intended to be a more danceable tune, but is also in line with the band's motto "Live Love Be Believe," though they also have quite a bit of examination of armed conflict such as in "Defender." Ethernaut was inspired by the Trojan wars and "Winterborn" spawned quite a few remixes, including the Subway to Sally mix, which turned up on the soundtrack to a German TV miniseries.

Previously all I'd heard of VnV was the cover version of "Further" that plays at the end credits of Iji, so beyond getting new music I was also reminded of a fantastic game.
    On the subject of bands involved with videogame soundtracks, I'm compelled to share Anamanaguchi's "Party Stronger" from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game. I love that entire soundtrack, but this one is a particularly... strong... example.

I don't know how much I have to offer myself at present. Recently I've listened a lot to the Hamilton-score, which is still amazing even though I haven't seen the actual performance and will probably never get the chance to.
    The only Broadway musical I have had the chance to see in person was Jekyll & Hyde, and that production was not quite the same as those which had audio and video recordings. It would have been amazing to see Resurrection, the one which had an electric guitarist in the orchestra. "The World Has Gone Insane" wasn't even included in the live recording of the production with David Hasselhoff playing the title characters.

20. - Top - End - #20

If you're looking for something else along the lines of VNV Nation, I also enjoy The Crüxshadows, particularly DreamCypher. "Birthday" is perhaps intended to be a more danceable tune, but is also in line with the band's motto "Live Love Be Believe," though they also have quite a bit of examination of armed conflict such as in "Defender." Ethernaut was inspired by the Trojan wars and "Winterborn" spawned quite a few remixes, including the Subway to Sally mix, which turned up on the soundtrack to a German TV miniseries.
    Oh, I really like this too!

Birthday reminds me thematically of Farthest Star - I find both songs uplifting and motivational, but I also like that they are not just blindly optimistic. They are challenges, calls for action - The Farthest Star for humanity, Birthday for the individual.

I'm not well-versed in electronic music, but if I had to recommend a band it would be Public Service Broadcasting - especially the album The Race For Space. It's the history of the space race in the 50's and 60's, with various historical recordings set to music. It's absolutely beautiful, with the music fitting the recordings perfectly and creating a wide range of moods throughout the journey through the early history of space exploration. It's truly an emotional rollercoaster, covering both the triumphs and downfalls throughout the period, ending with an absolute climax in the song "Go" about Apollo 11. But you really should listen to the whole thing in order, to get the full story in all its glory.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Oh, I really like this too!

Birthday reminds me thematically of Farthest Star - I find both songs uplifting and motivational, but I also like that they are not just blindly optimistic. They are challenges, calls for action - The Farthest Star for humanity, Birthday for the individual.

I'm not well-versed in electronic music, but if I had to recommend a band it would be Public Service Broadcasting - especially the album The Race For Space. It's the history of the space race in the 50's and 60's, with various historical recordings set to music. It's absolutely beautiful, with the music fitting the recordings perfectly and creating a wide range of moods throughout the journey through the early history of space exploration. It's truly an emotional rollercoaster, covering both the triumphs and downfalls throughout the period, ending with an absolute climax in the song "Go" about Apollo 11. But you really should listen to the whole thing in order, to get the full story in all its glory.
    The Crüxshadows started out in Florida, and while space exploration's history isn't one of their main subjects, space is an element. Telemetry of a Fallen Angel featured "Satellite," which is specifically about landing a craft on Mars. Names of other albums and songs include archaic terminology: Ethernaut, of course. "Dark Matter" is something of a fusion of Rogue's romantic view of space and the band's frequent use of ancient Greek mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter
    One light, becoming a monster
    Once chance, you have to believe in the truth
    Your hate, creating Medusa
    Dead light becoming dark matter in you
    For something a little more accurate, I was recently thinking about "Why Does the Sun Shine?," a song on a album called "Space Songs" which was made popular by They Might Be Giants. TMBG also made an answer song to it, "Why Does the Sun Really Shine?" It seems when they perform the former song now, they play around with making it more wrong than usual before they start singing about plasma. John Hodgman helped them out with that when they performed on a late night talk show.

Then, of course, there's The Doubble Donkey Disc by Ozma. The first five songs are tied somewhat together by a Russian theme, with the first and the fifth being "Flight of Yuri Gagarin" and "Landing of Yuri Gagarin," respectively. But if I'm honest, I purchased it primarily for their cover of Korobeiniki; I understand it showed up years later in a movie fight scene.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Been a LOT of metal tonight. Here's the last 10 songs in my YouTube history.

"Sign of Evil"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7VBjTjUuTM

"I sawed the demons"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_o5j9srb40

"Nobody told me about Id"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7RHe83KwQ

"At Doom's Gate"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q657rEkgfKs

"The Thing That Should Not Be"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUdo2s5miE

"Leper Messiah"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm71Khu5-Lk

"Welcome Home"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Dfo4zDduI

"Deer Dance"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTQ8oDsUos

"Attack"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olILVp-J7Y8

"Battery"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md3B3I7Nmvw

Yeah, I kinda got on a Doom kick towards the end. (Though I suppose the last I listened to are listed first here.) I've been a Doom fan since the '90s, I can get on a Doom kick if I want to.

To Hell with it, more Doom. (See what I did there?)

"Kitchen Ace"
    https://youtu.be/qTJMDkpOqHI

"Intermission"
    https://youtu.be/eDdKv097yaU

"Untitled"
    https://youtu.be/cMq8FvA13UM

And here, a song that "inspired" (that is, "was directly ripped off by") a Doom track.

"Mouth For War"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy4Db3eCxeg

Hell, have another one.

"Behind the Crooked Cross"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRV1Zgjmiks

More Slayer!

"Angel of Death"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7TMeDTX_U

"Raining Blood"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Now Manowar!

THEY CAN'T STOP US, LET 'EM TRY!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSoijb2CN18

BROTHERS EVERYWHERE, RAISE YOUR HANDS INTO THE AIR!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0rAnyWUnwE

FIGHT WITH BLOOD, FIGHT WITH STEEL, DIE WITH HONOR, NEVER YIELD!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP52LUBnUac

CRACK THE EARTH, GODS OF THUNDER! MAN AND BEAST WILL BE TORN ASUNDER!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoKzN8vfYOQ

OF LIFE AND DEATH I AM KING, FOR BOTH DO I BRING, BY SWORD, AND SPEAR, AND RING!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LmGcc9SDAw

When I called myself a metalhead, I WAS NOT KIDDING.

GENERALS GATHERED IN THEIR MASSES, JUST LIKE WITCHES AT BLACK MASSES!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w

RIDE THE TIGER! YOU CAN SEE HIS STRIPES BUT YOU KNOW HE'S CLEAN!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU

HAS HE LOST HIS MIND? CAN HE SEE OR IS HE BLIND?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7_WbiR79E

MR CROWLEY, WHAT WENT WRONG IN YOUR HEAD?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDVLMS_Yhe4

MENTAL WOUNDS NOT HEALING, LIFE'S A BITTER SHAME!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMR5zf1J1Hs

ALL MY LIFE I'VE BEEN OVER THE TOP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING ALL I KNOW IS I DON'T WANNA STOP!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMeSUu1pqdc

And I am now officially pumped, and I have nothing to be pumped for.
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2016-12-24 at 01:17 PM. Reason: METAL.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

For epic or/and emotional music, i suggest Two Steps From Hell and Thomas Bergersen, this is one of my favourites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKIq6-drP88

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Can't make links in my posts yet, but you just can't go wrong with some good ol'
    DragonForce: Through the fire and the flames
    I play it for my players when they get into intense battles. Really tightens the mood :3

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Can't make links in my posts yet, but you just can't go wrong with some good ol'
    DragonForce: Through the fire and the flames
    I play it for my players when they get into intense battles. Really tightens the mood :3
    It certainly made for the craziest ending in Guitar hero 3. Congratulations, you have defeated Lou with "The Devil Went Down to Georgia," now show us just how terrible you are at hammer-ons.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground

I've been playing some serious amounts of Hearts of Iron 4's mod Kaiserreich, waging glorious war as the Syndicalists, which means I've been hearing lots of labor songs. This is probably one of my favorites.

Utah Phillips - We Have Fed You All A Thousand Years

And my favorite songs from Hadestown, a post-apocalyptic musical interpretation of the Greek Tragedy of Orpheus and Eurydice by Anaïs Mitchell, featuring a number of performers (e.g. Bon Iver, Ani DiFranco):

(Way Down) Hadestown

Why We Build the Wall

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Might as well jump in on this as well.

Have some funeral doom overlayed with old-timey chain gang chants: The Limestone County Chain Gang. It's really quite something.

And closer to our interests: Gygax, old school Gypsyhawkian hard rock with DnD theme.

Also Mary Crowell, piano-led swing jazz, also with a DnD theme. The music is excellent; she can always get more love.

And then for those of us who like Chelsea Wolfe, here's Darkher; less industrial, more airy and arguably darker and more doomy.

Lastly, have some spacey electro-black metal, by the one-and-only Vintersorg: Gravisphere.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

The Masquerade by Go! Child came out like three days ago and I've listened to it about a dozen times.
    "Telescope" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4U7rH3r1b8

I've also been listening to One Last Big Job, from Ramshackle Glory
    Here's "Face the Void" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXHIFV5lcfI
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

And here's a song for the rest of my day!

Thx, really good song

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Today, I came to a conclusion. That conclusion was "Yeah, I can totally do this at level 50.". I then spent the next two hours listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4

Then I paused to have a little drinkie. And since I haven't learned my lesson, I imagine soon I'm going to spend an hour listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mByDcrNSV0

Then three or four hours listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahfb7M7jYvA

You know, if I wasn't so horribly underlevelled, I might not be having such a hard time. But who does things in a reasonable order, really?
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2017-01-11 at 03:23 AM.