New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Music sharing thread.

I'm a sucker for soundtracks, and Bloodborne's soundtrack is excellent.

Rom, the Vacuous Spider: "Hey remember when this game was about hunting werewolves and stuff?"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zxEOIRQwd4

Amygdala: "We were there the whole time."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BihcP_GduOk

Hail the Nightmare: "This track is very aptly named."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQcKBUcgmA

Micolash: "Ah Kos, or some say Kosm... Do you hear our prayers?"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBMhwWN_088

Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos: "The alien thing is 100% confirmed now. We can stop arguing about it."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sr349qR9s8

Lullaby for Mergo: "Hey, remember sleep? Good luck with that."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKdU19drsw

Ludwig the Accursed: "You were at my side, all along... My true mentor. My guiding moonlight."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4

Lady Maria: "You'll never see the doll the same way again."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mByDcrNSV0

Orphan of Kos: "There are no words for what I just witnessed."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahfb7M7jYvA

Gehrman, the First Hunter: "The night, and the dream, were long..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2017-02-21 at 12:02 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll throw in my own music into the mix too :3 I hope somebody here likes them:

This is my happy song

This is my sad song

This is my lonely song

This is my not lonely anymore song

I take this song with me when I look back,

I take this song with me when I look forward

This song is my fantasy

this song is my nightmare (but I like listening to it)

This is a song I hum to myself when I need quiet

this is my song when I want to be loud. there's no real reason why.

This is my favorite wake-up song

This and this are my songs of choice before bed.

In addition, I also have a modest playlist of songs as I find them called "Dark Lounge music" which is good rainy day, sometimes gloomy music. it helps me write.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2017-02-21 at 06:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post

Here pretty much so I may listen to it even more!
    Love that song so much. Love playing that bass line.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

One of my favorite songs, maybe because it fits my favorite class so well
    Van Canto - The Bardcall

And another very cool song by Van Canto, which one of my GMs once used as inspiration for a small part of his campaign
    It's also one of the few true acapella songs of the band... (I think the only other is their cover of "The Bard's Song")
    Van Canto - Last night of the kings

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

My musical addiction lately has been The Pretty Reckless. I heard Take Me Down on the radio randomly one day, looked up the song, and fell in love. It's not like they're original or anything, but they have a certain old-school feel to them that sets them apart from other modern rock bands. Plus I just think it's really cool that the singer, Taylor Momsen, had a successful career as an actress but then just decided one day "%&* it, I'd rather be a rock star" and just up and walked away from acting to start a band.

Quote Originally Posted by Avianmosquito View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I felt a shock just now. And now, I'm listening to this, a thing I haven't even heard, much less willingly listened to, in years. (Yes, this entire album. I am trying to figure out what I felt and what it has to do with this.)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N_mO4XixLqmS0j

Anyway... That's good quality for rap. I know that isn't saying much, but it's far and away better than the rest of the genre... And that isn't saying much either. It's actually GOOD. That's what I'm saying. Whatever. So... Yeah. Enjoy.

(...I'm going to go take a shower. Maybe light myself on fire. ****ing rap music. I don't know why I feel such a instinctive, visceral repulsion to rap music... Actually, yes I do. But this isn't that kind of rap. It's not 50-Cent, or Eminem or DMX. It's pretty much a different genre.)
    Every time I hear Aesop Rock mentioned, I immediately think of this mashup done on the excellent Ocarina of Rhyme. Team Teamwork has tons of rap songs set to video game music, but that one is easily my favorite.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

After much going back and forth I've decided that I like Suzanne Vega and am binge listening to her stuff (not everything, though)

Some of my favorites from her work (and likely most if not every fan's)
    Luka
    Left of Center
    99.9 F
    Gypsy
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

This week I've been in a dark and melancholy mood, and I've been listening to a lot of:

Die Moritat von Mackie Messer

Seeräuber Jenny

Both by Bertolt Brecht & Kurt Weill from "The Threepenny Opera",

and

Battle on the Ice

by Sergei Prokofiev

To try and brighten my mood I tried to listen to

Police On My Back

by The Equals (I first heard the Clash's cover version long ago) and while that helped a bit, it was the proto-Funk of their

Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys

that lifted my funk, and now I have

Friday on My Mind

(The Easybeats)
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    After much going back and forth I've decided that I like Suzanne Vega and am binge listening to her stuff (not everything, though)
    Friend of mine just got to see her. So jealous.

Shame how she ripped off Fallout Boy.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
    Friend of mine just got to see her. So jealous.
    dang now I'm jealous of your friend too! XD curses!

My Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

I finally found out that classical music song that starts very slow and build up to a very fast pace is called "In the Hall of the Mountain King" I have been searching it for years...

And it seems I'm not the only one. The internet is that weird place where you notice you are not the ONLY ONE about anything.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
    I finally found out that classical music song that starts very slow and build up to a very fast pace is called "In the Hall of the Mountain King" I have been searching it for years....
    After he heard it play from a toy of his baby brother I told him what the source of the tune was he looked on the internet to learn how to play it on a keyboard which he did!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
    I finally found out that classical music song that starts very slow and build up to a very fast pace is called "In the Hall of the Mountain King" I have been searching it for years...

And it seems I'm not the only one. The internet is that weird place where you notice you are not the ONLY ONE about anything.
    One of the most famous pieces of classical music. Shame its name - or composer - isn't more well known.

I blame Looney Tunes, personally. All those years watching an animated rabbit doing silly stuff to some amazing classical music, and kids have no idea they're listening to, like... the first movement of Winter from Vivaldi's The Four Seasons or whatever.

And in that spirit, here's a couple of the more commonly mis-characterised classical pieces:

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Looney Tunes classic, the William Tell Overture. Written by Gioachino Rossini (I had to look up his first name, heh). The entire movement is much longer, and quite beautiful. These days, used as "horse-riding" music like in the The Lone Ranger and whatnot.

Hopefully we all know that the Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner was written as part of the Ring Cycle opera. It's actually an interlude, a prologue to the third movement of the second cycle.

The Entry of the Gladiators was written by Julius Fucik as a military march. Yeah. Instead of its more recent purpose as go-to circus music.

The Flight of the Bumblebee, written by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, is another interlude for an opera - not just a piece of music written to be played over some sped-up video.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2017-02-28 at 11:11 AM. Reason: For Ancelot!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    One of the most famous pieces of classical music. Shame its name - or composer - isn't more well known.

I blame Looney Tunes, personally. All those years watching an animated rabbit doing silly stuff to some amazing classical music, and kids have no idea they're listening to, like... the first movement of Winter from Vivaldi's The Four Seasons or whatever.

And in that spirit, here's a couple of the more commonly mis-characterised classical pieces:

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Looney Tunes classic, the William Tell Overture. Written by Gioachino Rossini (I had to look up his first name, heh). The entire movement is much longer, and quite beautiful. These days, used as "horse-riding" music like in the The Lone Ranger and whatnot.

Hopefully we all know that the Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner was written as part of the Ring Cycle opera. It's actually an interlude, a prologue to the third movement of the second cycle.

The Entry of the Gladiators was written by Julius Fucik as a military march. Yeah. Instead of its more recent purpose as go-to circus music.

The Flight of the Bumblebee, written by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, is another interlude for an opera - not just a piece of music written to be played over some sped-up video.
    I don't see anything wrong with "What's Opera, Doc?" popularizing "Ride of the Valkyries." Sure, not everyone is going to cross over to the genre, but sharing music with people is part of the goal. Time is finite, so there are going to be limits to other people's experience with genres other than their preferred. I recall the host of Fresh Air admitting while she interviewed an orchestra conductor that was her introduction to Wagner. The Al Hirt jazz trumpet improvisation of "Flight of the Bumblebee" used for The Green Hornet was how I first heard that song. Sure, you can end up with negative associations; fortunately, I associated that song more with the concept of a superhero than the stereotypes in the TV series. The MTV parody episode of Tiny Toon Adventures was my introduction to They Might Be Giants. Their music video for Particle Man holds up better than Istanbul, I think.

Time to share something else. Since TMBG came up, something from The Else. "Climbing the Walls"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    One of the most famous pieces of classical music...

I'm actually a little ashamed in that I really don't like much enjoy real 18th century classical music (Handel, Mozart, etc.).

I do like me some 19th and 20th century orchestral music (Dvořák, Williams, Holst, Orff etc.), but maybe the orchestral music I most enjoy is the film music of Bernard Herrmann, so I'm not exactly "highbrow".

Anyway here's a small sample:

Herrmann

Orff

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    I'm actually a little ashamed in that I really don't like much enjoy real 18th century classical music (Handel, Mozart, etc.).

I do like me some 19th and 20th century orchestral music (Dvořák, Williams, Holst, Orff etc.), but maybe the orchestral music I most enjoy is the film music of Bernard Herrmann, so I'm not exactly "highbrow".
    Bah, that 19th century music and its pianos. REAL music is made using an instrument which doesn't allow for gradation. Harpsichords for life.

In all seriousness, I do quite like some harpsichord pieces. Here's a four hands version of Michiru Yamane's "Garibaldi Temple"

Michael Giacchino's soundtrack for Doctor Strange also had some harpischord. Charles Scott IV created this remix for the end credits.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

My obsession with Bloodborne continues. Today, it's about just how much lore they hid in the lyrics to the various tracks. Get ready for some Ecclesiastical Latin!

Spoiler: Cleric Beast & Vicar Amelia
    Show

https://youtu.be/cRGRSCAOqh4

Latin:
    Horror fidei
    Perdet iter,
    Soci perdet,
    Sanguine Sancta!

Rete, sanguine male
    prae istas honos
    sanguine sancte, praetor!

English:
    Horror of faith will lose the way, the allies will be lost, the holy blood!

A web of sick blood, our honor is to protect the holy blood!

This is the boss theme of two high-ranking members of the healing church clergy who transformed into horrible beasts by imbibing the church's holy blood. These lyrics are your first hint that maybe, just maybe, the blood might be what's turning people into beasts. Which of course it totally is, meaning the church is responsible for this entire mess.

Spoiler: Hail the Nightmare
    Show

https://youtu.be/tuHzagjqOLU

Latin:
    (Maledictus!)
    Donum libas,
    (Inficimur!)
    Valedictus bestia.

(Maledictus!)
    Pace do si donas.
    (Inficimur!)
    Argentum aqua in tenebris.

Ave, sanguine!
    Redemptio risor se,
    Exi et, exi et, pleba tua salus.

Vale, vale,
    (Inficimur!)
    In tenebris aqua.

(Maledictus!)
    Et argentum aqua.
    (Inficimur!)
    Et argentum aqua.

Sanguine!
    Sanguine!

English:
    Slandered! Gift us a sip, poisoned, having bidden farewell from the beast.

Slandered! If you surrender, I give you peace. Silver water in the darkness.

Hail, with blood! Redeem the mocker from himself, you depart, and your pleb departs safety.

Farewell, Farewell, poisoned in the dark water.

Slandered If you surrender, I give you peace. Poisoned silver water in the darkness

Hail, with blood. Redeem the mocker from himself, you depart, and your pleb departs safety.

Farewell, farewell, poisoned in the dark water.

Slandered and silver water, poisoned and silver water.

Blood!

Blood!

And here we have more healing church blood-worship. This is the theme to Yahar'Gul, the unseen village. Here, we find out the church has been abducting people, and in this track we get some clue as to why. It seems the church knew their blood was poisoned and was giving it out anyway, and Yahar'Gul is how they were covering it up. Fittingly, the School of Mensis is located in Yahar'Gul, and they're the ones harboring the great one Mergo. Curiously, they've also abducted a member of the choir... It seems there's a little schism in the church. Gee, I wonder what about.

Spoiler: Ludwig, the Accursed & Ludwig the Holy Blade
    Show

https://youtu.be/axhtmPLpOrg
    https://youtu.be/7RzA_Oomra8

Latin:
    Venator feram tor,
    Sanguine vigore.
    Venator dominus,
    Ama va nihilo,
    Animus sanguine,
    Refugit opulentum!

Maledictus fiat nocte
    E sanguine maledictus!

Maledictus fiat nocte
    E sanguine maledictus!

Oh venator,
    Beatus sanctus!
    Bonum fati par dia.
    Domus aeterna fiat nocte,
    Perit sanguine opulentum!

*MUSIC PICKS UP IMMENSELY AS THE BOSS THAT WAS ALREADY WRECKING YOUR **** STARTS USING HIS SWORD*

English:
    Hunter of Beasts, the vigor of blood. Lord of hunters, from beloved to forgotten, the soul recoils from rich blood!

Cursed be the night, the blood of the cursed!

Oh hunter, blessed saint! A good death is a blessing. Home becomes an eternal night, gone is the rich blood!

*MUSIC PICKS UP BECAUSE THIS BOSS IS SO ****ING COOL*

Okay before I comment on the lore: Best boss, right here. Terrifying intro, badass mid-boss cinematic, two enormously distinct stages that have a lore justification, the holy moonlight sword, the soundtrack is AWESOME, his body looks like a Cyriak cartoon and it's both disgusting and awe-inspiring, and DID I MENTION THE SWORD?

Click here to watch a guy get WRECKED by this boss: https://youtu.be/syinEWWgbns

Oh, yeah, the lore. That's what I'm supposed to be doing here. This track reaffirms that Ludwig was a great hunter (first hunter of the church, specifically), and that his fame dissipated after his passing. But it also hints at the nature of the Hunter's Nightmare, an eternal night and an eternal hunt, where Ludwig is trapped. It reflects on the hunt and how it drives hunters to become beasts, remember Ludwig has spent decades trapped in an endless hunt, and tells him that death is a mercy at this point. (Or rather, "a good death is a blessing".)

After the fight, you then have the option to hear from his severed head (no, really) about the Holy Moonlight Sword, where he hints at the sword's true nature. "Good hunter, have you seen the thread of light? Just a hair, a fleeting thing, yet I clung to it, steeped as I was in the stench of blood and beasts. I never wanted to know, what it really was. Really, I didn't.", says he before he loses his mind. This dialogue, the sword and the guidance rune hint that Ludwig was manipulated by the Moon Presence.

Further, if you approach his head dressed as a member of the church, he gives a different set of lore. "Good Hunter of the Church, have you seen the light? Are my Church Hunters the honorable spartans I hoped they would be?" And here you have two heartbreaking options.

You tell him yes, to which he replies "Ah, good...that is a relief to know I did not suffer such denigration for nothing. Thank you kindly. Now I may sleep in peace. Even in this darkest of nights, I see...the moonlight...". You can also tell him no, to which he replies "Oh, my. Just as I feared. Then a beast-possessed degenerate was I, as my detractors made eminently clear. Does the nightmare never end?", and he loses his mind.

The part that makes it heartbreaking is that the latter answer is the truth. The Healing Church is corrupt and evil, they are knowingly destroying Yharnam, the beastly curse is their fault and for a while they've known it was and haven't stopped. They've covered it up, they've killed those who discovered the truth, and they've sacrificed the city for the vain and selfish desire of ascension. If you tell him that, he will lose his mind in despair, and the only way to allow him to die in peace is to lie to him.

This boss is only the first boss of the DLC, and he's a very well developed character for how little you see of him.

Spoiler: Laurence, the First Vicar
    Show

https://youtu.be/BCDEDi5gDPo

Latin:
    Sic filii scite tibi vi sacramentum
    Erit premium sanguine sanctum

Erit premium sanguine sanctum absconditum
    Vel venio humanitas tendo pendere

SANGUINE SANCTUM

Honesta rete sanguinem
    Expectare iste blasphemia
    Es vītae ita dissimilum
    Terras vicerit tranem bestia
    Onesta rete sanguinem
    Expectare iste blasphemia
    Hac mysterium obsumus
    Arguam vitae eret non absolvis

Dido tus
    Timere

Dido tus
    Sanguine

Timere
    venena scitis

Festiva praestabere
    Sanguine Sanctum
    Ita venite iste vinum langueo
    Oh, succus temero.

English:
    So you skillfully imposed the sacrament upon the children. There will be a reward from the Holy Blood.

There will be a reward the Holy Blood keeps secret. Something humanity depends on.

HOLY BLOOD!

An honest net of blood. Wait, is this blasphemy? Is life any different? He overcame wild lands, beyond the net of the Holy Blood. Wait, is this blasphemy? This mystery is beset by maintaining life, but was not absolved.

You were tricked, be afraid.

You were tricked by blood.

Be afraid to be poisoned.

The feast is guaranteed on the Holy Blood, so let be this languish wine. Oh, poisonous juice.

This track speaks for itself, and is a basic summary of Laurence's role in the plot. Master Willem taught him to fear the blood of the Great Ones, and the corruption it instills in beasts such as ourselves. "Ours eyes are yet to open, fear the old blood." He ignored this warning, and so our tragedy commences.

Laurence went on to become first vicar of the Healing Church. He was corrupted by the blood and founded a religion around it. Blood worship, the deception of blood healing, these were his means of convincing people to join his cult. This, and the promise of more.

The holy blood betrayed and destroyed those that imbibed it, even him. As Willem warned him, the blood was never a promise of salvation. It revealed a truth that struck fear into them and eventually corrupted them. In the end, the church accepted this. They had been deceived and poisoned, and in despair they went along with it anyway.

Laurence is the source of all the horrors of the game. This track details how and why he did what he did, well-meaning fool that he was. How, in the end, his people realised their fault but nevertheless finished the tragedy they started. Let it never be said that a sympathetic villain is not a true villain. This man created great horrors in his life, but he believed that in doing so he was finding a relationship between humanity and the great ones. He was seeking a means to bring together man and god, and he thought he had found it. What he found was proof of the opposite, the eldritch truth. There is no god within mankind, humans are beasts, animals. They will never and can never be anything more.

Spoiler: The First Hunter
    Show

https://youtu.be/uZWpYGuqsHI

Latin:
    Venator
    Ah mi summus venata
    Anima tor feci so vre re mal
    Venare insidiosus
    Mira tenebrarum
    Hic sic scitis miseriae aeterna

English:
    Hunter, ah, supreme I hunted! I did it to cleanse the soul from evil. An insidious hunt, a wonderful darkness, but this way I knew eternal misery.

And so Bloodborne continues the long-running Souls theme of killing distraught old men to sad music. This time, it's killing your mentor on a field of asphodels to an emotional orchestral score. I know he was a hunter, and that he bought into the healing church and its insanity, but he wasn't in a position to know any better. And seeing him in-game as he is, trapped in the dream and unable to escape, waiting for his dead mentors to come save him... Yeah.
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2017-03-06 at 03:16 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Pantera. I know I've praised them before, but they are still my favourite band. They're a straight injection of testosterone in the myringa, they're probably the most masculine metal band in the history of heavy metal. The raw emotion boils off of their every word, and it varies from rage to joy to despair to pain to pride. No album better encapsulates this than Vulgar Display of Power.

Spoiler: Mouth For War
    Show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy4Db3eCxeg

Listen to this, the intro to the album. Listen to Anselmo growl out words, listen to the lyrics. This track is about the harnessing of anger to productive ends, the power to focus, force and bend until what's in front of you meets your needs.

Spoiler: A New Level
    Show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0bG_7L3Sw

This is a song about Anselmo harnessing his past hardships and deriving motivation from it.

Spoiler: Walk
    Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evc3Xtc84N0

Pantera made it big. This track is dedicated to their "friends" who suddenly hated them once they were famous. This is a "take that" to those who undermined him and whispered his faults the moment he was in a better position than them. This song is an over five minute long condemnation of jealousy and betrayal.

Spoiler: ****ing Hostile
    Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E929gqIcwwI

This track condemns the skewed priorities and questionable morals of [CENSORED FOR BEING POLITICAL]. It's not hard to figure out where they fall. "The truth in right and wrong, the boundaries of the law; You seem to miss the point. Arresting for a joint? You seem to wonder why hundreds of people die. You're writing tickets man, my mom got jumped they ran."

Spoiler: This Love
    Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKlgxSKNdU

This has got to be the most pain-ridden metal track since "Snuff" (though actually, it came before Snuff).

Eh, screw it, I've got to go. I'll finish the album later, I didn't even get to Regular People (the "stop imitating me to look tough" song). Or maybe I won't.
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2017-03-07 at 08:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

I love their music (and some from Down as well), but it's a constant struggle to separate my enjoyment of the music from my distaste for Phil Anselmo as a person.

I mean, I can still like a band when the singer's a jerk. The Smashing Pumpkins and Iced Earth are two of my favorite bands, though both Billy Corgan and Jon Schaffer seem like jerks and control freaks who drive away talented band members with their "my way or the highway" attitudes. But some of the things Phil has said over the years make me think he's just a truly awful person.

Anyway, that's off-topic. Here's my contribution to the thread today. Someone made a duet version of War Pigs containing vocals from both Ozzy and Dio. It's glorious. I'm pretty sure it's edited together from two live recordings instead of being recorded for real, but just hearing them together in the same song and imagining what seeing that on stage would have been like is enough to give me chills.

Spoiler: spoilered the video
    Show
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2017-03-10 at 10:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Growing Up and Floating Letters by Tsuumi Sound System

God damn is this a good album. Never knew I loved Finnish folk music until now.
    Spoiler: things in which I used to be involved before i was claimed by the great pestilence of exams
    Show
    The One Sane Drow (Vergil: Drow Sorcerer 5, CN)
    The Uprise (IC/OOC) (Ker'anson: Drow Arcane Spellcaster 4, NE)

Running Total Of Things I've Critically Hit That Jormengand Didn't Want Me To Critically Hit: 3

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Last edited by junlogji; 2017-03-11 at 10:31 PM.
    zifre lo ka pensi

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So I am currently getting addicted to Tuvan Throat Singing. This is the video I am listening to right now. There is a comment in the comment section that lists the starting point of songs, so you can go back and forth to your favourites.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground

Let's start with a bit of Nephew:
    "007 is Also Gonna Die"

"A Wannabe Darth Vader"

"Igen og Igen"

"Klokken 25"

And in case you were wondering, they don't make much more sense when singing in Danish either.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I'm a big Rush fan. This is one of my favorite Rush songs. It always puts me in a happy place. My favorite portion is between the 4:30 and 8:30 marks.

I find this song so depressing I can't even listen to it anymore.
    Last edited by nyjastul69; 2017-03-12 at 04:26 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's start with a bit of Nephew:
    "007 is Also Gonna Die"

"A Wannabe Darth Vader"

"Igen og Igen"

"Klokken 25"

And in case you were wondering, they don't make much more sense when singing in Danish either.
    Uh, I like Nephew. Their lyrics are crazy in either language, though.

Here's some more Danish music (though some of it has English lyrics).

Masselinjen by Kliche

I find this song really meditative. The tune stays fairly simple and there's only 1 repeated line of lyrics.

The Balcony by The Rumour Said Fire

A really relaxing and catchy folk-pop song. This is pretty much the quintessential summer tune for me.

Moi Caprice - The Art of Kissing Properly

Dreamlike pop music.

Analogik - Farligt Monster

A completely bonkers, mostly instrumental track by a band that describes their style as a mix of polka, jazz, Balkan music, sea shanty, tango, hip hop and electronica. They made some of the music for Battleblock Theater as well, I think.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    Analogik - Farligt Monster

A completely bonkers, mostly instrumental track by a band that describes their style as a mix of polka, jazz, Balkan music, sea shanty, tango, hip hop and electronica. They made some of the music for Battleblock Theater as well, I think.
    I'm really enjoying this, it's wonderfully quirky.

An old one, I remembered this song ever since visiting one of my friends and hearing his father listen to it when I was a kid. I didn't find it again until a few years ago.
    De Gyldne Løver - Hjemmebrænderiet

Some Overclock Remix Music:

One-Winged Angel Remix

Commander Keen Remix

TMNT Remix

Doom Remix
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I've posted different songs by these bands before, but since they're all from the island of Ireland, for Saint Patrick's day:

Stiff Little Fingers - Nobody's Hero

Them - Mystic Eyes and Gloria

The Undertones - My Perfect Cousin

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

A moment of not silence for Chuck Berry who passed away yesterday.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

The underacheiver have some pretty cool songs (the video for choosing faith/rain dance/allusions is pretty dope)
    Flatbush zombies are pretty good too
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga