New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Dragon Ball Z Alliance: To Hell and Back

This is the planet Axanar. Its a rather insignificant mudball just outside of Alliance territory and the only reason you are here is because its located just outside the region of space called the Hell Gate, which is a region filled with densely packed nebulas which make FTL travel impossible. The Alliance currently controls Sora, the planet that sits right at the outside end of the Hell Gate, and Axanar was to be the first forward base from there. Oh and the Axanarians asked for help because the PTO showed up.

So here you are, trapped in a warehouse in a blasted ruin of a city, listening to the thunder of Energy attacks and the rhythmic thud of the Axanarian war machines. You and a few other Alliance soldiers where driven in here by a large group of PTO soldiers, who have spent the last 20 minutes trying to bust down the door.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Ok, character intro time. Theres just over half a dozen Alliance soldiers in here. They're a mix of humans and random aliens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball Z Alliance: To Hell and Back

A figure hovers in meditation. His race stands among the rest due to its lime green-to-yellow pigment. The namekian, as easily recognized, talks to no one unless spoken into before, or if the situation requires his words of wisdom and age. His cape merely graces the floor of the warehouse they're in, carrying a polearm weapon on his back, which he also uses to perform divination ceremonies and could be confused with a walking stick, however he had been carrying this quarterstaff for a while, and he entrusts utility and fight power in it.

The door has been being tried to be oppened by the PTO, which annoyed Narass a lot. Also, barely knowing the other Alliance soldiers was also unsettling, it made him question his decision of of coming to this planet in the first place. The priest hovers down to the floor and steps on it. He cleans the dust that fell on his shoulderpads because of the rumbling of the building, and speaks in a calm voice, not expecting to attract everyone in the warehouse's attention, but with enough volume to be heard by those around him, whoever they were.

''We ought to build a plan. Either to beat them or to get as much of us out of here.''
    Last edited by Yael; 2016-12-08 at 09:40 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A young brunette, barely more than five feet tall, is practically vibrating on the spot. "What's to plan? We go out there and beat them down." These words are punctuated with a resounding crack as her fist smacks into her open palm. "It's not exactly complex." At this point she is practically bouncing off of the walls. "Come on, let's take down the idiots outside and go already." As she finishes speaking, she throws a coin of a now very much redundant currency behind her, and catches it with her tail, tossing it idly as she awaits a response.
    Last edited by Modigar; 2016-12-08 at 09:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Yamine

It's hard for one of the main character's to blend into the background. Most people barely have a face and here is this character with a fully customized purple outfit. In the background somewhere doing unimportant stuff, probably lightly screaming and sweating, is Yamine. No one of particular importance, she is just her to do her job.

Back to that breathing exercise - a quick sigh and a subsiding crackling of energy down her arms sees the person in front of her doing better. Twenty minutes of being stuck? That's twenty minutes of hard ki labor. The sweat on her forehead gets brushed aside and she slowly, painfully moves to her next patient, fatigued. Where she again begins the process of healing anyone injured. She might not be skilled, but she has a butt load of ki to spare. A pinkish/purple aura blooms around her arms and snakes over to the bleeding person in front of her. Who is hopefully soon to be feeling better.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Yamine will just be hanging out in the background for now. Healing people. P: Letting everyone else do the talking and such.

Don't make me regret it by everyone being silent! *prepares to step out of the background*

I'll go a head and steal the first dice roll of the game though!

Ki Release (5 Ki + 0 Healing)
    (5d6)[3][6][1][2][2](14)

Exploding Dice (10)
    (5d6)[6][4][5][3][4](22)

Edit *Ugh* I can't believe I messed that up. Here is the dice roll for real.

One success for 6 hp of healing!
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2016-12-08 at 10:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

[IMG[/IMG]
    Prince Fluffy breathed heavily standing between the door to the others. He held his saber with both hands posing in heroic.way.
    [COLOR="#0000FF""]"As much as your bravery is aprceiated young lady-Anise, we do need a plan. There no glory at getting butchered like cattle. And if we die here, we might even miss the Tea Time!"[/COLOR]

He tapped his scouter with his left hand, to see if he could calculate the power level of their foes.
    "By the way, splendid jon Yamine-san." he said flatly.
    "I believe that our best course of action would be, to charge ki and hit them, with everything we got as they will break in!" He told the others and started to charge ki.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-12-09 at 04:25 AM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Yamine

The voice should have given it away, but the call for tea definitely sealed the deal. Prince Fluffy was afoot.

A deep breath and a moment of respite left her enough strength to give a strong nod back to her name. "Yes, Prince. I'll do what I can." Though she is no doctor. The best she can do is lend a bit of ki to those in need and hope they aren't beyond her ability.

She gives herself another push and watches as others put the finishing bandages and aid to those that need it.

Show
    Aw, I have to talk if someone talks to me.

I love the new drawling! I see that you colored it.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2016-12-09 at 03:53 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

One somewhat unremarkable saiyan clicks his tongue and speaks up, though he remains seated cross-legged with his cuirass in his lap.

"I'm no coward, but that's suicide. If we could take them all on, why did you take shelter in here to begin with?"
    Piez raps the armor with a finger, seemingly content with its integrity, before slipping it over his head. He stands up, brings a hand to his chin, and cracks his neck before taking a few steps towards the door.

"Let's see what we're dealing with here."

Spoiler: Sense Ki Attempt
    Show

Let's see if I do this right. Attempting to use the Scouter to read power levels through the door.
    Sense Ki of 0 and Scouter +1 = (1d10)[5]

8. - Top - End - #8

RedWizardGuy

"Fine, fine. But let's figure something out simple quickly, okay? Waiting around is getting dull." Saying this, she stills her tail a second and glances around herself, trying to get a feel for the enemy composition for a second. Not picking up on anything after a little effort, she shrugs. Moments later, she's back to idly tossing the coin.

Show
    Sense Ki roll: Ki 3, Sense Ki 1, Scouter 1. Also Ursus: you forgot to include your Ki value in that test. (5d10)[1][8][1][2][10](22) And for the possibility of bouncing dice (5d10)[2][10][6][3][4](25)
    Edit: so that's a Yamcha.
    Last edited by Modigar; 2016-12-09 at 10:46 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The namekian listens, but also tries to sense the ones outside ki, for it would give a fair advantage on their attacks. Also, AoE attacks would work if their position was close to each other. Narass closes his eyes for a second, and turns towards the door.
    Spoiler: OoC & Rolls
    Show
    Sense Ki (2d10)[8][1](9)
    Re-Rolls (2d10)[3][10](13)

"**** if I know."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Lume groaned as her lungs started working again. "Thanks, doll" She muttered, giving a wink to Yamine as the android healed up the injuries. Her tail twitched a little, the first stirring of movement as Lume felt her limbs get back in order, before she pushed herself up into a cross-legged sitting position. Lume had gotten herself pretty much beat halfway to death during the retreat. "Guess I blacked out somewhere in there...don't remember when we made it to this ****-hole" she grumbled, running her fingers through her hair and dislodging some bits of rubble that got tangled in the matted mess of locks. She took a deep breath in and gagged a little "Scratch that...smell's familiar enough." It was then that Lume noticed that her scouter was cracked. With a frusterated grunt, she pulled it free from her head and tossed it aside. Not like it was telling her anything useful. Bunch of guys outside that need to get stomped in the face. Putting exact numbers to it wasn't going to change anything. "Alright, guess that counts as my nap for today". Her aura flared, the pulse of energy pushing her back up and onto her feet. Walking over to the door, she balled her hand into a fist "ROUND TWO, BASTARDS" She roared, and then kicked the door as hard as she could.

Show

Strategey? Lume knows not the meaning of this word.

Kicking the door down, with gusto. Hopefully smashing it outwards and smacking one of the PTO goons.
    Martial Arts+Strength
    (1d6)[1], (1d6)[1], (1d6)[4], (1d6)[6], (1d6)[2], (1d6)[4]

Explosion Dice: (1d6)[2], (1d6)[6], (1d6)[5], (1d6)[2], (1d6)[2], (1d6)[5]

Crap...Forgot I was suppsed to use D10s

Rolls are here
    3 Successes.
    Last edited by NineOfSpades; 2016-12-09 at 03:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

The door smashes off its hinges and right into a few soldiers faces sending them sprawling into the street.

Battle Begin
    Show

Ok guys, Agility tests for Initiative, current Tension is at 5

PTO goons Determination drops by 3 damage from Lume's Door Kick attack

PTO got 5 for Init
    Alliance Troops got 3 for Init

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2016-12-10 at 10:33 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Yamine

Yamine helps the next injured person up after Lume get's her bearings. The die is cast. She does what she can in the little bit of time she has to get people at least facing the right direction. Facing down the door instead of the dirt or wall. Her armor, sensor, and herself are battle ready. She can only hope the same for the other humans and aliens in the room. Things are about to get started.

Show
    Initiative (2 Agility)
    (2d10)[10][1](11)

Exploding Dice (10)
    (5d10)[6][9][3][2][5](25)

Initiative = 2
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2016-12-09 at 07:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

RedWizardGuy

Anise grins viciously. "I didn't want to waste time planning anyway!" As she speaks, she darts out of the newly created hole, and then directly up, hurling countless icy cold bolts of ki at the opposition. She pouts slightly at the somewhat lacklustre result, but after a moment the grin returns to her face. "Oh well. This just means more fun to come!"

Show
    Her Icy Bombardment ofc. Base damage before successes is 3, Freezing Difficulty Number is also 3. Burst value is 5.
    Roll: (6d10)[8][1][1][2][9][9](30)
    Spare: (6d10)[7][10][1][10][7][4](39)
    So only one success
    Ki at 13, Health at full
    Initiative 4

Edit: See further down for Anise's action.
    Last edited by Modigar; 2016-12-11 at 08:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Lume-san! Your stupidity were not approved!" Fluffy scolded her with a bark.
    "But we will discuss it further.' he growled, and than pointed his sword forward.
    "Forward, comrades! For the glory of the alliance!" And charged forward.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(Ki sense from the earlier action-
    2 ki 2 ki sense+ 1 scouter
    (5d10)[9][4][1][8][3](25)

Initiative
    Agility
    (3d10)[3][3][9](15)
    another
    (3d10)[6][5][10](21)

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Lume's Door Kick and subsequent assault throws the PTO soldiers off balance, but they quickly recover and launch a counterattack against her.

Show

Lume's attack drops them another 2 Determination

PTO Soldiers attack
    (3d10)[6][7][4](17)

2 Successes, for a total of 6 Damage plus successes, unless you negate their 2 successes of course. Prince Fluffy is up next
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2016-12-10 at 09:14 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"I won't let you miss my Tea Time!" Fluffy barked and charged forward, swinging his saber widely, attempting to take down three of the enemies at once, hoping to at least to push them away, or startle them.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Strength-2
    Weapon Melee-1
    (3d10)[1][8][7](16)
    (split to three enemies)

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

While startling the goons manage to block Prince Fluffy's wild swings with little trouble.

Show

Modigar, you're up
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

RedWizardGuy

"Now isn't this so much quicker?She flies out the door and dives into the middle of the crowd of their foes, a crimson glow overtaking her forelimbs as she tears into her foes, constant explosions occurring in her wake. Finally, the red ki forms claws at her fingertips, and she thrusts her hand towards the chest of yet another foe, aiming to decisively take the alien out of the fight. "Now die!"

Show
    Going to throw out a Demon's Claw instead, given that I've got the ki for it and I'm not running into tension issues. Gonna roll a lot more additional explosion dice than I normally would because it explodes a lot easier.
    Base roll: (7d10)[10][10][8][8][4][2][2](44)
    Explosion: (14d10)[5][10][10][9][1][9][7][5][10][7][9][4][5][8](99)
    Health is at full, ki will be at 9.
    So that's... 12 successes. It's a burst 5 attack with a base damage of successes+8.
    Last edited by Modigar; 2016-12-11 at 08:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Anise rips into the opposing squad, ripping several of them apart, the remaining PTO soldiers are in disarray and panicking.

The Alliance troops are heartened by the assault and let lose a barrage of covering fire.

Show

11 Determination damage, good lord. For a total of 15 Determination damage overall, they are still up FYI.

The Alliance troops are up, they will assist Elbeyon on their action, so you get +1 Dice.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Yamine

The combat line moves forward. A strong push on her side it'd seem. Warriors leading the charge as the door flings into the enemy lines. What an opening. Humans and aliens burst from the building's seams to lay down energy barrages overhead their allies. It all plays out in front of her. She follows up the rear with the red shirts flinging a couple worthless energy blast herself. The forward skirmish turning crimson, sometimes green with blood, is a impressive if not horrifying experience. Anise literally ripping limbs and organs from their owners. The ally folder is doing their job cowering behind cover and securing the land grab. The energy assault slowing and maneuvering the enemy into unfavorable positions.

Yamine and a couple of the other nameless begin to wrap around the opponent's side. Ready to constrict and squeeze. She launches a side-flank onto the enemy. A rain of purple and pink disks flying from out of the local hills and foliage, seemingly from nowhere. An Energy-Dan delivery for her opponents.

Show
    Rapid Shot (5 ki + 0 ki blast + 1 aid) (Willpower: Pushing 1)
    (6d10)[4][1][4][2][2][6](19)

Bonus (10)
    (10d10)[6][4][3][4][4][6][6][10][6][9](58)

Curse you Yamcha!
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2016-12-11 at 09:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The rain of energy goes wide, but the remaining Soldiers still scatter, diving for what cover is available.

Show

Yael, do the thiing!
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

The namekian joins the fray. His usual self wouldn't jump straight off into battle, but the situation requires him to stray off a bit from his everyday decisionmaking.

Narass begins chanting in Namekian, forming a ball of white flames, whom he holds with might and then hurls to the opposing forces. ''Dragon God, help me aid those from their stray path... PURIFY!''

Spoiler: Purify
    Show
    Rolling for this move.

For attack, rolling Ki + Ki Blast (5d10)[9][2][5][8][9](33)
    Re-rolls (5d10)[4][4][2][9][3](22)

In case of a hit, Purify has a Damage Amplification of 2, and a burst value of 3.
    Damage stands in 7 plus successes attained in the attack roll.

Purify consumes 4 Ki.

"**** if I know."

23. - Top - End - #23

Piez sighs as Lume kicks open the door. The girl was hot-blooded, even moreso than most of his comrades. Finishing his scan, he notices that some of the other Alliance soldiers had already barreled in to back her up.

Well, I won't get stronger just letting everyone else fight for me. . . .

"I guess its on," he mutters to nobody in particular as he follows suit. Without the same flashy ki as his namekian comrade, he instead entrusted his bare hands to crush Frieza's cannon fodder.

"Let's wrap this trash up quick and get out of here, there's someone much stronger not too far off!" he shouts to his allies in the middle of the chaos.

Spoiler: Melee attack
    Show
    Strength 3, Martial Arts 3
    Martial Arts:(6d10)[6][10][1][7][9][7](40)
    Explosion Pool: (6d10)[10][6][5][3][2][1](27)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

The soldiers make a valiant attempt to get out of the onslaught, but it isn't enough. The Namekian's fire blast chars most of those left standing and Piez finishes off the rest.

Show

Congrats, everyone gets 5 XP. Now you guys can RP for a little bit.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Piez is emboldened by the quick, relatively painless beatdown. He nudges one of the freshly-not-living soldiers with his boot to make sure he's dead.

"Well. That was pretty easy. Should we go after their captain?"

26. - Top - End - #26

RedWizardGuy

Anise pouts for a moment, and idly starts tossing her coin with her tail again. "Why did we let them chase us in there again? They weren't any fun at all!" She perks up again at the mention of another enemy. "Oh yeah! You said there was another one, more powerful, right? Where are they? I want a real fight!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey, anybody seen a red guy? Bout shoulder height, stupid green mohawk?" Lume said, looking through the piled masses. She picked up a few scouters, trying to find one that was a good fit and didn't have to much blood splattered on it, but her search wasn't going well. "Pretty sure he shot me in the ass when we were retreating, and I ain't about to let that slide"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Fluffy has returned the saber to it's sheath.
    "Splendid job, Narass-san.' Hw said flatly. He tapped on his scouter.

"However, i'm quite disappointed of Lume-san. This was NOT what we agreed on.' he scolded her with the same tone he praised Narass.
    He pulled a golden clock from his pocket.
    "Hmm.. but I guess we do have some time, before the the Tea Time. But we need to stay focused, and be soldiers- not just play pretend-to-be-soldiers like children!"

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, whatever" Lume said, blowing off the complaint "If we'd done it your way we'd still be squatting in that warehouse." She fitted on a new scouter, one that wasn't to busted up or bloodied. The screen fell off a moment later as she turned to face the Prince. "Sonofa..." She grumbled, tossing the scouter as far as she could, before stuffing her hands in her pockets with a scowl.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"That beside the point!" Fluffy barked angerly.

"We can't go on the whim on each individual among us! We are a unit, and we should act so!" he still tapped his scouter.

"You were simply lucky it worked out this time. Next time, things might get ugly, and before you know it, I'll have to explain your actions to our commanders.' he kept rambling.

------
    My previouse Avater