New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: GMR 18 (No more new GMR!)

Wonders of the Ancient World might be enabled?
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thirsting View Post
    Can not load save because "Required DLC is not available".

...just, what? Everyone is using the base game (or expansion) civs, and I have both expansions.

I is confuse.
    The only thing I can think of is I didn't click the DLC off when I started the game? But DLC was still disabled by GMR?

Try a revert re submit maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #33

If the save is tagged as requiring a DLC then it requires a DLC even if nobody in the game has those civs.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

So apparently options are

a) restart and make sure DLCs are off (other than expansions obviously)

b) I could drop out, so people don't have to abandon the starting spots they already got (I'd be able to live with this, really! But then you have AI player from turn 1.. )

c) I somehow obtain Ancient Wonders, if that one missing really is the root of this problem (which isn't happening, with no gold money)

Edit: And sorry. Feels like I'm always the one causing trouble in these games, unintentionally. Argh.

Reverting tried anyway, by the way. Did nothing
    Last edited by thirsting; 2016-12-19 at 12:51 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

5. - Top - End - #35

Well do you have bablyon? Raging Krrit wanted to play as that civ anyway.

I'd much rather restart, so that we can kill two birds with one stone.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #36

Yes, got Babylon, luckily.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2016-12-19 at 03:16 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Don't mind restarting.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

8. - Top - End - #38

9. - Top - End - #39

And we begin again.

Spoiler: Bonus spectator update
    Show

A.K.A. Thristing's every failure plays directly into Polish hands.

See this... This is wooded deer, a hill one tile that I can move too. Plains, with a salt regional luxury. This is the life.....

10. - Top - End - #40

I miss my old start location. This one is the worst I've ever seen outside of Tundra.

Spoiler: spectators
    Show

Basically I have to build two wonders (Hanging Gardens and Petra) or I'm screwed.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2016-12-21 at 04:27 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeletor
    I miss my old start location.
    Aw. Sorry.

Spoiler: Spectators (no pictures, sorry)
    Show
    (Forgot to turn Steam overlay back on, so couldn't take a pic yet. Pressing Print Screen and copy pasting to Paint produced only blackness.)

Well, yay. Not sure if this is any better than the freezing cold tundra of our previous home.

This new land is.... swampy. There's not much to feed our people with, nothing to build our new homes and cities with. Hmm, unless we find a way to use this hard marble stone, somehow. But that will take time, for sure.

At least there is a river here. Maybe we can drain these highland swamps into it, make some fertile land for farming. But again, that will take a long, long while.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2016-12-21 at 07:33 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

12. - Top - End - #42

At thirsting: I meant the one from the New GMR game, I didn't even get to see the one from the game you made us restart so for all I know it could have been even worse.

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler: Spectators - Starting spot
    Show

( Right. Really bad spot for early production, meaning everything I build will come out slooowwwly. Have to research Animal Husbandry right away and hope there's a horse or two withing the city's radius. There's cocoa and marble, but they do pretty much nothing for the first ~50 turns. All the jungle will be sweet for science production in the later game, but that's a long way away.

Second most important thing is to find lots of new friends, and then exploit the heck out of them as soon as possible. Because that's what friends are for. :p

Social policy -wise thinking of going Freedom. Usually Tradition is easy autopick for me, but I think I really need another city fast, and Freedom is the fastest way to do it in this situation, especially if I get lucky and can grab couple culture boosts from ruins.

One great thing, pretty much the only great thing about this starting spot is that sea access is pretty much guaranteed. New world awaits! And waits... and waits.. )
    Last edited by thirsting; 2016-12-22 at 06:10 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    "I know I left that intern somewhere, now where is he? I must say, moving is great and all, but you always seem to lose something when you do it...
    "Ah, there you are. Let history know that we accomplished a mighty move. Rio De Janerio was successfully moved, though we don't have as much of a beautiful jungle surrounding us this time.

"However, this time we discovered a nearby mountain. And it is an especially unique mountain. We will certainly be looking for some fine folks who will volunteer to move here."
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

15. - Top - End - #45

Website claims it's still Babylon's turn (who is on vacation still), app says it's India.

Normal vacation mode behavior or is it borked now..?

Edit: vvv ... ^_^ worries unfounded
    Last edited by thirsting; 2016-12-26 at 03:38 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Normal vacation mode, it lets me download and play as usual.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

17. - Top - End - #47

This has stalled for some reason?

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    This has stalled for some reason?
    I had to tell RagingKrikkit it was his turn, and I waited because it was the holidays.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

So, a heads up: starting this Saturday, and going for a bit over a week (until Monday the 16th), I'll be on a vacation with no internet access whatsoever. I would appreciate it if the turn timer were turned off for that, but if the group doesn't want to put the game on hold for that long just for me, I understand and will just have to hope the AI doesn't do anything too stupid while I'm gone.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler: Illven,Poland
    Show
    The tribes greet you on behalf of the druids, the chiefs, and the gods, neighbors. Would you care to share anything about the lands to the north?

In exchange, we can let you know that west of here is our settlement of Edinburgh, and south of that is another settlement where they speak to the gods in strange tongues.

Also I don't think we have a turn timer on this one.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-01-02 at 08:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

I will respond to your Ingame post at my turn.

I was going to add a 24 hour turn timer tonight, and then disable it saturday.

22. - Top - End - #52

Spoiler: The Celts;Nerdorama
    Show

To the north lies a great desert. After a long time among the shifting sands you may find the fertile plains of our homeland. Where do you hail and what is the land like to the west?

~From the words of Chieftain Casimir to your ears.

Spoiler: India;The snark
    Show

Greetings from the west. We are pleased to meet you.

~From the words of Chieftain Casimir to your ears.

Okay turn timer up. It will be disabled friday.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler: Illven;Poland
    Show
    Aside from the plains where we stand, we've seen a band of jungle and some grasslands sparsely inhabited by cattle. The trees are nice enough we suppose, but the druids insist that drier forests are more favored by the gods. We might be looking to build another settlement in this river valley for exactly that reason.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Nerd-o-rama (Celts)
    Show
    Greetings, friend. Our scouts recently sent me a missive declaring that our two peoples have met. In the spirit of friendship and for posterity, allow me to send you our warmest greetings. We suggest your scouts travel southeast, as there is a glorious mountain that would certainly be a benefit for your people to visit.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Ahaha of course I forget to take my turn the same night we turn on the timer. Hopefully I can get on ASAP after I get home from work.

Spoiler: Brazil;RayGallade
    Show
    We thank you, neighbor. We have not seen it yet but this is a beautiful city you have here, surrounded though it is by godless jungle.

This is not an insult, there are just literally more gods in hardwood forests. It is a proven fact.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-01-07 at 05:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

26. - Top - End - #56

I turned off the turn timer.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I turned off the turn timer.
    Thank you.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler: Thristing;Siam
    Show

Greetings from the world of the Polish, how do you find yourselves this day?

~Chieftain of the Polish people.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

I am back and good to go! If nobody else needs the timer off, it can be reinstated.

30. - Top - End - #60

I have a turn timer set to 2 days, once it is no longer Babylon's turn I'll change it to one.