New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: GMR 18 (No more new GMR!)

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Thristing;Siam
    Show

Greetings from the world of the Polish, how do you find yourselves this day?

~Chieftain of the Polish people.

Spoiler: Poland
    Show
    Well met! We are most eager to learn about peoples of all the other states near and far. If you ever want to visit our humble kingdom, head South. Guests are always welcome to my palace.

- King of Siam, Ramkhamhaeng
    Well that was awkward.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Sunday spectator bonus update
    Show

Our troops scour the lands for new opportunities

Discovering a wonder of the world.

Here we see, that our people have mastered the art of pottery, and seeing horses.

As our capital focuses on recruitment for a work band.

The sages say we are most numerous, most productive, most soldiers, and our leader is the most well loved.

Our information on our nation's foes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #63

Spoiler: The snark;India
    Show

Can we talk borders? We are rather close, but I would be happy if you could leave the silver 4 tiles straight west from your capital for me, I intend to settle 3 tiles west of that. Would that be acceptable?

Chieftain Casimir of the Polish.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Would anyone mind reverting for me? Apparently I just barely missed my turn - I was at my D&D session when it began last night, and it was expiring shortly after I got home from work today. I tried to take it, but it skipped to Nerd-o-rama's turn while I was playing.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Would anyone mind reverting for me? Apparently I just barely missed my turn - I was at my D&D session when it began last night, and it was expiring shortly after I got home from work today. I tried to take it, but it skipped to Nerd-o-rama's turn while I was playing.
    Okay, just take it quickly.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, just take it quickly.
    No problem - done.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Glad I procrastinated taking my turn.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Can we talk borders? We are rather close, but I would be happy if you could leave the silver 4 tiles straight west from your capital for me, I intend to settle 3 tiles west of that. Would that be acceptable?

Chieftain Casimir of the Polish.
    Spoiler: Illven/Poland
    Show
    Unfortunately we have not finished surveying the land our capital; if you can provide us maps of the relevant area, we might be able to give you an answer sooner.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2017-01-25 at 12:07 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #69

Spoiler: The Snark;India
    Show

I would want to settle southwest of the cattle, three tiles east of the silver and be able to get that silver in my borders, would that be acceptable?

10. - Top - End - #70

I added a five turn skip to the game, the amounts of skips will go up as the game goes on.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Zevox (Arabia)
    Show
    Oh, hello there. My mapmaker just sent word that they came across your lands. My name is Pedro II. I certainly hope that you are willing to consider us as friends.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

12. - Top - End - #72

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

Record births in Warsaw read all about it.

The citizens of Warsaw grab stick and rock in the defense of their chieftain.

As our scouts explore more of this wonderous world.

Our spearmen continue to head for home.

As our workband starts on improvements just outside the capital.

We quickly see that their are too many barbarians around, so we start up a recruitment effort offering gold for people to put their lives on the line.

Here we see what the glorious brains of our tribe have worked on these past years.

As we declare a preference for the old ways.

The scholars say we are best in population, manufactured goods, and GNP, worst in nothing.

Our information on our nation's many rivals.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Thank you for sharing that. We confess, the site you're looking at for your city is very appealing as a settlement location, easily the best spot we've seen yet; that said, we would prefer not to antagonize our close neighbors. We will cede the location, but in exchange would like to stake a claim to the tundra a few tiles north of your planned city.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Show
    Thank you for sharing that. We confess, the site you're looking at for your city is very appealing as a settlement location, easily the best spot we've seen yet; that said, we would prefer not to antagonize our close neighbors. We will cede the location, but in exchange would like to stake a claim to the tundra a few tiles north of your planned city.
    Show

That would be acceptable.

~Chieftain Casimir of Poland.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Show
    Oh, hello there. My mapmaker just sent word that they came across your lands. My name is Pedro II. I certainly hope that you are willing to consider us as friends.
    Spoiler: Brazil (RayGallade)
    Show
    Well met under the desert sun then, friends! We are pleased to see another people crossing these wide lands. Can you tell us about your homeland? As yet the only other people we have met are the Poles out east.

16. - Top - End - #76

Spoiler: Brazil Ray Gallade
    Show

It is a pleasure to meet your group this day.

~Chieftain Casimir the third of Poland.

Show

In this wide world we meet a people called the Brazilians.

We start setting up a system of higher classes of people.

Our scouts continue scouting the world.

As our soldiers struggle to return home.

Our guards report the barbarian problem handled for now.

Our glorious tech tree.

As Warsaw continues building military.

The scholars say we have the largest military in the world, as well as the most productive people.

Our information on our nation's foes.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (Poland)
    Show
    Well met friend. I, Pedro II, was just recording my men's report of their encounter with your lands. Have you any reports of the lands east of your borders?
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Show
    Well met friend. I, Pedro II, was just recording my men's report of their encounter with your lands. Have you any reports of the lands east of your borders?
    Spoiler: Brazil;RayGallade
    Show

Yes to our east, is grassland as well as the lands of India should you wish to meet them. Do you have information to our north?

~Chief Casimir the third.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Our scouts have only just arrived at your northern borders. We have decent news of the southern lands however. There is a beauteous mountain, suitable for teaching your men how to effectively operate within rugged terrain, lying directly south of your lands.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Psst, Brazil, Arabia said something to you a few posts ago too.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Our apologies. We are still all discombobulated from that move a few years back. We come from a lush jungle to your south, with a grand mountain that is suitable for training soldiers in rugged combat to our northeast. The Poles tell us there are a strange people called "Indians" to their east.

22. - Top - End - #82

Show

Our scouts continue to explore the world.

As our chieftain's guards report all is quiet on the barbarian front.

Our scientist work out a system of seasons and days.

As our capital works on a settler band.

Here we see no government change since last time.

As the scholars say we are best in producing goods and soldiers.

Our information on our nations foes.

23. - Top - End - #83

Spoiler: Zevox;Arabia
    Show

There is a four row set of hills next to rivers to the east of your capital, would the Polish people settling on the hill in that row furthest from your capital and taking one of the furs be acceptable?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

Wait, what day is it today? Oh well, it doesn't matter. Hello memoirs, just wanted to record that today we started following the sacred path. This wood is quite exotic and appears to promise great things in out future. Unfortunately, it seems between our western Celtic neighbors and the southern state, there are few available jungles for my people to appreciate this bounty. Aggressive settling may be in the future to secure my lands.

Excerpt from Pedro II's memoirs.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Show

There is a four row set of hills next to rivers to the east of your capital, would the Polish people settling on the hill in that row furthest from your capital and taking one of the furs be acceptable?

Spoiler: Poland (Illven)
    Show
    That should be acceptable. Our own eyes are turned south, not east, to the land where the verdant river brings life to the sun-blessed land of sand - we trust you have no objections to our people claiming that place in turn?

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Show
    That should be acceptable. Our own eyes are turned south, not east, to the land where the verdant river brings life to the sun-blessed land of sand - we trust you have no objections to our people claiming that place in turn?
    Spoiler: Arabia;Zevox
    Show

As long as it's not directly south of our capital. We were intending to settle there.

~Chieftain Casimir the third.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Arabia;Zevox
    Show

As long as it's not directly south of our capital. We were intending to settle there.

Show
    Your people's lands lie north-east of the place we speak of. It is currently claimed by barbarians, whom we will soon be moving to expel.

28. - Top - End - #88

Show

If it's where I think it is, we'll need an assurance of mutual open borders at first opportunity, your borders could easily go in between our capital and our planned settlement. Would that be acceptable?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Save is CtDing my copy of Civ V when I try to load it, please watch this space for future panic as I try to fix that.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

30. - Top - End - #90

CtDing?

Crash to desktop*

What's the file save of the save?
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-02-16 at 09:24 PM.