New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GMR 18 (No more new GMR!)

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Zevox;Arabia
    Show

If it's where I think it is, we'll need an assurance of mutual open borders at first opportunity, your borders could easily go in between our capital and our planned settlement. Would that be acceptable?

~Chieftain Casimir the third.
    Spoiler: Poland (Illven)
    Show
    We may consider it - though perhaps it would simply be best for you to consider moving your own planned settlement a little? We would prefer both our people had adequate land for our new settlements, and it sounds as if these may be closer to each other than would be preferable.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Show

We may consider it. Would you be able to provide maps, of where you intend to settle?

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Show

We may consider it. Would you be able to provide maps, of where you intend to settle?

Show
    OOC: No, because I've never been able to figure out how to make screenshots work in this game...

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

CtDing?

Crash to desktop*

What's the file save of the save?
    Crisis averted I just tried it on a different computer and it worked fine.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

5. - Top - End - #95

Show

Are either of these two areas, about where you were intending to settle?

Because we are intending to settle on the southern hill of the river.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    That is indeed the place, the blessed river which calls to our people's hearts. Our Elders have not yet determined precisely where along it to settle, but wherever they decide, a settlement at the spot you named would certainly be too close. We would ask if your people could turn their eyes elsewhere - north, east, or south, it matters not. Especially since if your people settle to our east, as you requested earlier, we have no other lands to turn to: to our west is a coastline, too near to our present homes to use for new ones, and to our north is infertile tundra. Across the sands of the south is where our feet must turn for our people to thrive.

7. - Top - End - #97

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

The minimally acceptable terms of Arabia force us to consider other methods to increase our lands.

Our scouts continue searching the lands.

As we shake down this city state for quick money.

What is it with all the barbarians?

We start to research the art of trapping.

Here we see our capital chugging away at another work band.

Our government has changed no form since last time.

The scholars say we are best in manufactured goods, GNP, and soldiers, and worst in nothing.

Our information on our nations foes.

8. - Top - End - #98

Spoiler: Nerd-o-rama
    Show

Are you willing trade friendship and 175 gold, for some delicious delicious salt?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    Salt is delicious, especially on beef and deer jerky, but I think I'm going to hang onto my cash for now.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-02-22 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Ill is the worst possible syllable to try to reproduce correctly
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

Salt for trade! Give up your regional lux and know that when you connect another copy it's +4 happiness.

Some regional luxes may not apply.

11. - Top - End - #101

Spoiler: Thristing;Siam
    Show

Hey, Siam. Is that copy of marble something you have more access to? If so, want to trade it for salt?

~Chieftain Casimir of Poland.

Show

The minor nation of the world, requests that we manage to find the lands of Siam, that we may promote good international understanding.

As record births happen in Warsaw.

Our scouts continue exploring the land.

As our security forces let us know that we are safe for the moment.

Our work bands continue improving the land, connecting dyes and horses to the chiefdom.

As we try to remove this pack of barbarians.

Here we see the direction of our technology.

Maps of our capital as it tries to recruit bands of spear fighters.

And Krakow as it works it's salt.

A code of laws has been invented. All citizens know what is crime against the tribe, and what they will be punished for.

We are the best in crop yield, the best in manufactured goods, the largest lands, and the most soldiers to guard the lands.

Our information on our nations rivals.

As we see about a trade with Siam.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Poland
    Show
    Our sources of marble are scarce and precious. Unfortunately we will not be able to export any in the near future, as all of it is needed right here in our homelands.

We would like some of your salts, but simply have nothing to trade with currently.

Um.. come back in few hundred years and we might have had time to determine if these abundant plants we call "cocoa" are good for anything.

- King of Siam, Ramkhmhaeng
    Last edited by thirsting; 2017-02-27 at 02:04 AM. Reason: forgot spoiler!
    Well that was awkward.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Hey guys, my home internet was disconnected and I can't exactly Civ at work. Any chance we could pause the turn timer for a couple days?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

Sure. Just in time too.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Nerd-o-Rama (Celts)
    Show
    Greetings, good lady. Our settling employees wish to inform you we are intent on settling the river east of your lands and west of ours. This is the furthest westward that we intend to spread. Our southern avenues are cut off not only by the coastlands, but our small shared neighbor who claimed the only decent land remaining. We hope you are understanding and that trade may flow between us.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler: RayGallade (Brazil)
    Show
    If you want to fight the barbarians for it you can have it, otherwise I'm fighting the barbarians for it and taking it. The tribes need room to grow, and I'm not going to make or ask for any settling guarantees while we're hemmed in by a massive wasteland to the north.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-03-01 at 09:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Turn timer can go back up now, got the internet mostly working at home.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Turn timer is back up.

19. - Top - End - #109

Show

We trade with the Celts. Our salt for their whales.

Our scouts continue exploring the world.

Finding the glorious Mt.Kilimanjaro.

Our workbands move at the direction of Chief Casimir.

As we try dealing with all these damn barbarians.

Krakow reports no problems at least.

Maps of Warsaw.

Krakow working on a granary.

Here we see no government changes since last time.

The scholars say we are best in crop yield, manufactured goods, land, soldiers and worst in nothing.

And our information on our nation's rivals.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Any chance I can get a revert? I got skipped due that irritating Sunday-to-Monday scheduling thing I have again.

Edit: Thank you.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-03-13 at 07:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Spoiler: The snark;India
    Show

When we last discussed settlement locations, we agreed that you would cede the spot I'm about to settle, in exchange I would cede anything north of that city.

What about the south? We would also like to settle abit south east of Kuala Lampur, the spot being south of my settle.

~Chieftain Casimir of Poland
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-03-14 at 04:53 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's big, and it's beautiful. Go, and send couriers to tell everyone what we got so they become overwhelmed with awe, and envy!

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

The world is a big place. Countless tribes and nations spot the land.

Nautnagrag, the home of King Ramkhamhaeng. Travelers and merchants swear they have never, no matter how far they've traveled, seen a bigger or more beautiful city anywhere. Thousands of skilled workers that have been left idle after having finished the tremendous pyramid project will be given a new task: Roads. Roads between all of our settlements, plantations to feed everyone, and mines to gather resources for building more new cities and armies to protect them. The future, it's now, and here.

Suognumuh, still small but growing rapidly. Close by there is the sacred Mt. Kailash. A magnificent sight. Good place to contain some of the more eccentric individuals in, out of the way of ordinary people. Let's call them, "monks".
    Last edited by thirsting; 2017-03-14 at 09:34 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

23. - Top - End - #113

I for one welcome this great work of art into the thread.

24. - Top - End - #114

Would any one have an issue with me extending the turn timer from friday to monday?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven;Poland
    Show
    We'd prefer to have a better picture of the continent we're on before ceding more land - we know our immediate surroundings, but we're only starting to explore past that. Given that you haven't settled the previous location yet, it doesn't seem like an urgent issue?
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #116

Show

That settler is on it's way to the location in question.

It's not urgent, but it does impact build order even now.

~Chieftain of Poland.

27. - Top - End - #117

Salt for trade. Delicious delicious salt.

Spoiler: RayGallade;Brazil
    Show

There's a barb camp like 4 tiles northeast from your unguarded settler.

~RayGallade

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (Poland)
    Show
    Oh, oh my. Thank you for alerting me to this. We'd noticed a stray archer to the north of our settling team and hoped they'd merely gotten lost. Our scouting interns should be nearly in position to protect him again, but in the mean time, do your scouts have eyes on any barbarians who are threatening the settlement force?
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Show

That settler is on it's way to the location in question.

It's not urgent, but it does impact build order even now.

~Chieftain of Poland.
    Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    Can you pinpoint the spot you're thinking of?
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #120

Spoiler: The snark:india
    Show

OOC Sure, when I get home.